Chapter 27: A Trunk Full of Rodents

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 27: A Trunk Full of Rodents

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

"Okay class, I know we just got back from winter break a week ago, but the principal said we deserved a treat."

He rubbed his hands in anticipation, "We're going on a field trip." The class explodes into cheers and whoops, already excited. Another break?! Yes!

"It's this Friday, and we all decided that the graduating class and upcoming seniors would be going. And since we've all been on our best behavior, it was going to last until Saturday. We should be back at the school by Sunday noon." Everyone was already talking about what they would wear and where we would be going. Just as I was going to ramble off into Soo Jin's ear, I decide against it. Her face looks blank and upset. Was she not excited?

"Soo Jin?" She doesn't even look at me. That treatment made me feel hurt.

"What?"

"Aren't you super duper excited to go?!" My face twists into childish joy.

"Maybe. Maybe not," she shrugs and leans over her crossed arms. What's going on with her? She's been glaring at something, but I don't know what that is.

The teacher continues, "It's a camping trip to Jeju and we'll be going to some natural museums as well." I groan at the museum part. Museums are the most boring things on Earth.

A girl raises her hand, Jessica I think, and asks, "Will we be sleeping in tents?"

Mr. Lee clears his throat and states, "I don't know exactly, but when the time comes, you'll be informed." She whispers to her friends and giggles. Soo Jin watches then with an angry look. Why does she suddenly hate everyone today? We haven't even had eye contact and quite frankly I was nervous. Was it my fault? Unbeknownst to me, Jessica and her friends were staring at me.

Oh boy.


 



*Jungkook's POV*

My food was so delicious. I was stuffing my face in it, looking even more like a squirrel than usual. Noona wasn't as happy as me though. For some reason, the wall made her angry and she was glaring at it. Wishing I could cheer her up, I try to embrace her with one arm. Soo Jin pushed me away with such force that I fell off the bench. Woah. Such strength. The angle I had was quite something. I thought she wasn't the type to like pink, but her said something else. Lina Gi saw my lingering gaze and kicked my gut. Ouch. Remind me to NEVER get her mad. She didn't say anything, but the look she gave spoke volumes. Gulping I sit back down next to Soo Jin. 

Ashley then said something interesting, "There's a camping field trip coming up," Fae starts frowning. Why was she frowning? My mind was already thinking up ways to spend time with Soo Jin.

"It's a camping trip to Jeju and it lasts the whole weekend." A whole weekend with Soo Jin?! Is this a dream come true? And to Jeju island? The beaches, forests and heat there was something else.

.

.

.

WOULD SOO JIN BE IN A SWIMSUIT?! My face turns a glowing red and I have to hold my elation.

"Sorry, Fae. You already know it's only for the Juniors and Seniors." My joyous expression drops.

"WHAT?!" My loud shout makes Soo Jin cover her ears.

"Jungkook." Her face says 'be quiet', but her eyes say, 'Do that again and you won't have a mouth.' Lina Gi looks ugly when she does it, but Soo Jin makes it y. Feisty. Jungkook likes it. 

"Sorry, Kookie. You and Fae are the only ones not going," Jin looks at me with an upset expression. Looks like the Princess needs me. But he was wrong. Jeon Jungkook IS going on this fieldtrip. How would he do it? 

That's the real question.


 



*Jimin's POV*

Tomorrow was the field trip and I couldn't wait. It was 2 days filled with Soo Jin and friends. No Jungkook either, so I could rest easy with competition. These last few days, it's been a race to her heart. Which one of us does Soo Jin prefer? Unfortunately, she hasn't been paying anyone any attention. It wasn't like with the gang problems, it was more like she was angry. Angry at who? I don't know. When it comes to her, I didn't really know anything. Sure, I knew her favorite color and her least favorite food, but when she got like this…I had no idea what was going on. And I wasn't vigilant enough to figure out. Most of the advice I've ever given has come from a book or something I read on the internet. Don't tell anyone that, though. People like to think I'm experienced and I want to keep it that way. 

As of this moment, I had prepared all of the stuff I needed for the field trip. Mr. Chung finally revealed some info to us. Aside from it being a camping trip, we would be assigned groups of 4 or less to be with, some people would only have a partner. It was a strange manner of deciding who would be with who. What was playing in my head was the obvious, 'I want Soo Jin to be my partner'. It was highly unlikely that I would end up being her partner, but a man can dream right? What I really didn't want was some girl like Jessica as my partner. Even Lina Gi was better than Jessica.

At this school, she was known for being the biggest ; rumors of her giving blow-jobs even being spread. She had a legacy, you couldn't deny that. Plus, she'll spread her legs for just about anyone. I like girls with class, thank you very much. Maybe I'll get lucky and end up with one of the Bangtan Boys or Ashley. She was cool.

There was nothing to do, but wait and see.


 



*Jungkook's POV*

My plan was being set in motion. The bus driver was panicking because there was apparently a rat in the bus. You can thank yours truly for that one. She had stepped off the bus to inspect and all the students had to leave, too. They all groan and facepalm. This little trick was gonna hold them back at least 10 minutes, but that's all I need to do this. In my hand was a rubber band and a transparent thumbtack. Slinging the band back, I send the thumbtack flying into the bus driver's exposed ankles.

They squeal and yell, "MOVE AWAY FROM THE BUS!!! It just bit me!!!" The students run away a couple of yards and I use this commotion to my advantage. 

I have an extra copy of keys to the trunk, thank you janitor. Using them, I jump in the trunk and close it. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be and much more spacious, too. You could fit two more people comfortably in here. It wasn't going to be the most enjoyable ride in the world, but I'd have to deal with it.

The loudness stops as I hear the bus driver finally say, "We caught it. It should be fine to go." Thank god I got here when I did because they got the rat much faster than I had expected.

Sorry, Mr. Nibbles. May your soul rest peacefully.


 



*Time Skip: Still Jungkook's POV*

Car sickness was a definite problem. The bus was bouncing so much that I was sure I was going to hurl soon. It was supposed to be a 4 hour drive and I don't think I would have lasted this long if only for the pitstops. Thank god for those pitstops. Every once in a while, I would hear some girls complain about needing to go to the bathroom. Out of all those voices, I could hear Soo Jin asking a couple of times. She has a small bladder if she needs to go as often as she claims. It's as if she knew I needed these breaks. The bus suddenly stopped and I prayed that we made it to the location.

"Okay everyone! We're here!" The gods must have heard my plea and given me some mercy. People were chatting about how pretty it was and became curious. Where were we? Should I get out? I was about to open the trunk when it opened by itself. Busted. The bus driver stared at me and called Mr. Lee over.

She asks, "Is this one of your students?" He shakes his head and his eyes widen in shock when I peak out of the darkness of the trunk.

"JUNGKOOK?! Aren't you a Sophmore?! Why are you here?!" Rubbing my neck nervously, I get out of the trunk and dust myself off. Ashley hears commotion and comes over to where we are. She facepalmed when she sees me.

"Somehow, I knew this would happen." She sighs and I tilt my head down. Was I in trouble now? Probably. Was it worth it? I turn my head to see Soo Jin looking at me incredulously. She suddenly grins and shakes her head at me. Yes. It was worth it.

"What do you think we should do, Mrs. Jones?"

I look at her. Ashley smiles, "Let him go." They both stare at her.

"What?! Are you sure?!" Mr. Lee knew Ashley was a 'no funny business' kind of person.

"It's a field trip. There's no need to stress ourselves out. Plus, Mr. Jeon never causes problems. We should let him be just this once," she gives the bus driver and Mr. Lee a blinding smile.

They both gape at her when the bus driver final says, "I guess. We can't do much anyway. He's already here." Ashley nods and pulls a clipboard out of her nowhere.

"I'll leave a responsible friend in charge of him." She writes something down and shows Mr. Lee the results of her decision.

"Soo Jin? She was the one that didn't have a partner before, right?"

"Yes, sir. That's one reason I'm handing him over to her. She is also very strict with Jungkook, so I think it will be fine." Did this mean what I think it meant?! SOO JIN WAS MY PARTNER?! BY OURSELVES?! My heart was soaring above the heavens from the pure bliss I was experiencing. This was more than what I wanted and more. The teachers left Ashley and I alone. She turned and looked at me seriously.

"You're lucky I'm letting you be with Soo Jin. She didn't have a partner before. You just got EXTREMELY lucky. How you even got on the bus was a miracle in itself. I don't trust you with anyone else, so…" her face twists in nervousness.

I raise my brow, "So don't do something I'll regret." I finished, already knowing what she was going to tell me. I had gone through this kind of thing too many times already. Just as she was about to scold me again, I run off to find my partner.

Wait till Jimin got a load of this.


 



*Jimin's POV*

When I saw Ashley's disgruntled expression, I felt like something was wrong. When Mr. Lee suddenly had announcement, I KNEW something was wrong. But when I saw Jungkook hugging and holding Soo Jin's hand, it all came to me in a wave. How he got here, I don't know. How he became Soo Jin's partner, also questionable. Seriously, though, it's like that kid was out to ruin my life. My partner was luckily Suga and not some weird person or stranger. Taehyung got very unlucky as he shot me looks of, 'Help' and 'Save me'.

The poor guy got stuck with the exact person I didn't want. Jessica. Right now, she was whispering in his ear and grinding up on his arm. Disgusting. Although it was selfish, I was glad he got her and not me. Serves him right for keeping secrets from me. Jerk. Jungkook was making me seethe in rage at the moment. He was rubbing his cheek all over Soo Jin's shoulder and embracing her like a lover would. She was making me mad too because she would let him! Soo Jin would usually push him off and call him a dirty ert, but I guess she didn't want to today. Unfortunate. 

"Yah. Jimin. If you keep staring at them you'll make yourself more angry." Suga's sudden words of wisdom hit me like bricks.

I look at him sarcastically, "Oh really? I didn't know."

He shrugs and says simply, "Just had to say it. You're dense at times." I scoff. Even if it was true, he didn't have to say it.

"Taehyung-ah! Let's go explore the beach a little!" Jessica winks at him suggestively and I have to hold back a gag. 

He was going to suffer this entire trip.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

Jungkook was cuddling me from behind and occasionally whispering in my ear. To any other girl, this would be a turn on, but me? Nah. I was too busy choking Jessica in my head to worry about Kookie right now. The way she was talking to Taehyung was pissing me off and quite frankly, it was not okay. What I would give to go over there and just suffocate her. I could do it, but jail was not a viable option for me right now. That wasn't going to do it for me.

"Taehyung-ah! Let's go explore the beach a little!" No. F******. Way. She didn't. Does she know who she's messing with? Jessica was playing a dangerous game. Who was SHE to call Taehyung 'Taehyung-ah'?! No one was allowed to say that. Only me. Taehyung complied and they began walking off. There was no way I was just going to let her walk off with him. She only wanted to get into his pants. Jungkook was so happy and I hate to break that joy, but this was urgent.

Dragging him off, he protests, but eventually gives in and walks with me. I follow them to see Jessica rubbing his chest.

"Tae-Tae? Do you have a girlfriend?" I stay silent and Jungkook watches both me and them in interest.

"Soo Jin what are you planning?" He whispers and I press my finger to lips, effectively making him quiet. Taehyung stutters a storm and I refrain from giggling. Even in these dire situations he was so cute.

"N-no?" Jessica giggles and I get the urge to shove a fork in . Witch.

"That sounds more like a question," she comes closer to him and grabs his hand. The veins in my neck are throbbing and Jungkook places a hand on my shoulder. I slap it away and he looks at me, hurt.

"Sorry, Kookie, but not now," he nods in understanding and leaves me by myself. Good. Taehyung tries to back away and she just pulls him closer to her. Jessica closes her eyes and I've decided that was enough. I bolt over to them and yank Taehyung behind me. She leans in and kisses me on accident. Taehyung gasps behind me. I smirk and push her away from my face roughly. Jessica opens her eyes to see me and grimaces. 

"Ewwww!!! Did I just kiss you?!" Nodding I pucker my lips and playfully get closer to her. She makes a disgusted face and runs away. Serves her right. Taehyung watches me blushing.

"Thank you."

"How many times have I had to save you from these things?"

He giggles and inquires, "Too many?" Indeed.

"YOU need to save me from something," his smile disappears and he looks down. Oops. He didn't like that.

"I'm too much of a wimpy baby to do that…"he trails off, a crack in his voice. Now I felt bad. I didn't mean for it to hurt his feelings. I tilt his chin to meet my eyes. His face was close to mine and I barely control my blush.

"But that's exactly how I like you. My wimpy baby, Taehyung." He grins and brings me into his chest. I feel warm again. It's so hard to be mad at him. 

In fact, it wasn't possible.