Chapter 29: Turbulence

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 29: Turbulence

 


 

*Jungkook's POV*

I jump on Soo Jin and observe her sleeping face. Do I dare? Yes.

Kissing her cheek gently, I whisper, "Good morning, Noona~" A grin splits on my face, but it leaves just as fast as it came. Ashley opens the tent behind me and looks at me in horror.

"You didn't..." Her voice quivers quietly when she sees where I am. My eyebrows raise in question. All of the sudden, everything becomes obvious. Soo Jin growls beneath me and I'm pushed off roughly. Even though she rubs her eyes cutely, her expression is nothing, but death.

"Who woke me?" It seems as if a demon took over her body. Ashley runs out of the tent without me.

"Yah! Don't leave me he-" Soo Jin pulls me towards her and puts me in a chokehold. "Never do that unless you want to sleep. FOREVER," she pushes me away and covers herself quickly. My head makes contact with the outside world. It's really nice outside. Sighing, I give up on giving Soo Jin a pleasant good morning. She apparently doesn't like being woken up.

Sluggishly, I leave the tent to stretch. Our class made it a little ways out of the forest. We were on a small bay with a natural pier a couple of yards away. The water was especially blue in this spot and the amount of trees created wind and pleasant temperatures. Mr. Chung may be an annoying teacher, but he knew exactly what he was doing. I walk further and let my feet soak in the water. It was warm. Few students were awake since it was still early. 

"Kookie!" My hyung calls me and I grin. Taehyung waves to me, rectangle grin present. We meet and I give him a hug-pat.

"Hyung! How's the trip so far?"

He huffs and crosses his arms, "Aside from getting lost and being harassed, it's been relaxing." I nod in agreement. Poor Taehyung had to deal with Jessica.

"Well, today Mr. Lee said we're going to the museum and you can be with whatever person you want."

"Yay~" he flails his arms happily.

Soo Jin comes out, leaning on Ashley, still half asleep. Ashley is saying something while hugging her shoulder. I can't tell what they said, but it had something to do with me. What did I do?

"Jungkook," Ashley waves me over and Soo Jin is pushed towards Taehyung. What's happening? I watch as Soo Jin rubs her eyes and conversates with Taehyung calmly.

"Jungkook. I'm sorry, but you can't be on the field trip anymore."

"What?!" She nods in disappointment.

"We only kept you yesterday because it was the middle of the day. Mr. Chung is saying that your parents have to take you home today." My mouth gapes open. I take back any nice things I said about Mr. Chung. He was still a pain.

"So I have to leave today?"

Ashley looks pained as she states, "I know you don't want to go, but you're lucky he's being lenient with punishment. All you have to do is go home and you'll get off scott-free." Although I frown, she has a point. It could have been much worse than what actually happened. I reluctantly pull out my phone to call my parents. What made me feel the worst was the fact that now I couldn't hang out with Soo Jin. She would have to stay with Jimin and Taehyung. Do I have a chance with her? I doubt that. It was never about me to begin with. Her heart belongs to someone else. I just hope that they treat her well. The phone rings once. Twice. Three times when my mom picks up.

"Hello?"
"Mom. I'm coming home."
"Kookie?! What happened to you?!"
"Fieldtrip. Just come and pick me up." My tone is laced with sorrow as I begrudgingly tell her the address.

Goodbye, Noona. Have fun with the others.


 



*Jimin's POV*

This museum was boring. The tour guide was a snooty guy with a beer belly claiming to have studied art and have a lot of knowledge. Sounds like a lie with the way he was talking. I could probably give a better tour and explanation of the things in here. Soo Jin was on my right occasionally poking my shoulder to point out paintings. Unlike me, she was actually interested in the paintings and art pieces. She would squeal like a little kid when she saw the clown sculptures. This museum had a lot of them for some reason.

I never would have thought she liked clowns. Most people find them creepy, but she adores them. Taehyung was also holding her arm and pointing out things she may be interested in. This entire time, Suga was our perimeter sarcastically pointing out ugly parts of a painting. Him and Soo Jin would heads as she tried to defend the art. How I wish we could just leave this boring place and go to the beach. Mr. Lee promised we would back to the beach and swim when we finished here. But some people here didn't want to leave. Cough. Soo Jin and Taehyung. Cough.

"And that concludes the tour. Any questions?" The tour guide slurred his words lazily, almost hoping people wouldn't have any questions.

Just as Taehyung was going to ask, Suga slammed his hand on his mouth and voiced, "No."

He nodded and concluded, "Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour." Mr. Chung and Mr. Lee clapped and thanked him. Were we leaving finally? They turned and waved us to the exit. Thank god. My brain couldn't handle anymore boredom. I'd rather eat raw meat than do this again. Taehyung and Soo Jin slumped in disappointment. Although I felt pity, there was no way I could stand another second in there.

"Finally," Suga groaned and I slap his back. He laughs and I give him a thumbs up.

"Good thinking back there. This dang tour would have never ended," I watch Taehyung pointedly. He pouted cutely and Soo Jin blushed beside him. Why was she blushing? It wasn't that hot right?

She giggles and adds, "It probably was better for us to leave. If we didn't, we wouldn't be able to go to the beach!" Taehyung gasped and put his hands on his cheeks. He looked like a fish out of water.

"I almost forgot about that!" His lips pout and Soo Jin blushes again. What's happening?!

Why am I always so confused?!


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

The museum was pretty interesting. I didn't really care for the history, but Taehyung loved it so I just faked being intrigued. I'm a good actress, so I think I did pretty well. Jimin and Suga were quiet and bored the entire time. They should enjoy these times. Tomorrow we had to leave, but I didn't want it to end. Ever. Spending so much time with everyone made me euphoric. Soon, it would be spring break, then it will be finals and summer. 

"Soo Jin!" Jimin exclaimed and waved me out of my thoughts. Oh. The bus stopped. He then became tired of waiting and dragged me out. The sun was still shining even though it would soon be sunset. Mr. Chung and Mr. Lee were discussing something behind the bus. Students filed out and dig their feet into the sand. I speak for everyone when I say this is the best part of the fieldtrip. Swimming in the beautiful Jeju waters.

"EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!" Mr. Chung commanded out and our peers were silent.

He cleared his throat, "So, Mr. Lee and I decided that you can wear your swimsuits, BUT!" Sighs and groans voice out in frustration. Knowing Mr. Chung, he would make it a point to be as anti fun as possible.

"Anything inappropriate happens…there will be consequences!!!"

Mr. Lee smiled apologetically before adding, "Enjoy the waters everyone!" People were quickly removing their clothes and some just jumping into the water.

"Have fun!!!" He finished and went back to sit beside Mr. Chung.

Jimin took off his shirt in a rush and I hold back my drool. Can we have a moment to appreciate that body? His back muscles make me believe there is a god watching out for me. Every part of his body was perfectly toned and his wet hair made him look even more desirable. I shiver. Get yourself straight. You shouldn't be thinking like this. Suga doesn't take off his shirt, but he wears some comfortable trunks and goes to find the rest of Bangtan. 

Speaking of them, I haven't seen J-Hope, Jin or RapMon since the bus ride. They kind of just disappeared. Shaking off the strange thoughts, I remove my clothes and tie my white t-shirt a bit shorter. Revealing too much wouldn't be very classy. I'm not a Jessica type. Said girl was, again, flirting with Taehyung. What did she do to deserve his attention? Didn't she abandon him just yesterday? Jessica turned to me and gave me an indecipherable look. All of the sudden, she leaned up and locked Taehyung into a kiss.

No longer able to restrain myself, I dashed over at the speed Lina Gi wins races. Jessica would face my wrath once and for all. She turned just in time to see my enraged face. My hands wrap tightly around her neck as I tackle her to the ground. She gasps and I choke her until she stops struggling. Then, I proceed to punch her repeatedly, making sure to give black eyes that last weeks. I get up and kick her multiple times in the chest. My blind rage is stopped short by Taehyung.

"SOO JIN!!! Stop it!" He holds me back and my head pounds. I was so angry that I wasn't able to control myself.

"Calm down," he holds me in his arms gently. I'm horrified with myself. Again, I performed a horrible act just because something I didn't like was happening to Taehyung. He thought I was a monster.

Monster: The word that describes me perfectly.

If there is anyone's opinion I care about, it's his. Why do I react so violently when it comes to him?! Why are my feelings so turbulent?! My veins bulge from the overwhelming emotions. Taehyung suddenly hugs me and I instantly calm down. 

Why does he have this effect on me?