Chapter 10: Mornings

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 10: Mornings

 


 

*Jimin's POV*

The doorbell rings and I point to it. Jungkook looks at me and shrugs, cheekily. Suga stands up and stomps over to the door grumbling words of 'lazy' 'have to do everything' the whole way there. He opens the door to find a nervous Taehyung.

I grin and call out, "V! Get over here and join us you jerk!" He smiles and steps in comfortably. My mouth opens and out comes a whole slew of lectures.

"WHO WERE YOU WITH?! Do you know how worried I was when I saw that you didn't come with me?! Plus yo-"

"Jimin." RapMon put a hand over my mouth. Taehyung sat there trying to process the angry gibberish coming from my mouth. I bit RapMon's hand and he gave me a glare. 

"Sorry, Jimin. I really didn't want to get you worried. I just was-" he cleared his throat and I raised my brow in suspicion. Is he hiding something?

There was a small bead of sweat rolling down his forehead when he stuttered, "I-I was um, getting some tutoring from Mr. Chung." I eyed him, but said nothing to his obvious lie. On the other hand, Jungkook believed every word he uttered.

"Okay, Hyung! I'm sure Chimmie understands!" He looked at me with puppy eyes, "Right?"

"Yeah." Like he needs tutoring right? I heard Taehyung was actually really studious, but hey, I've only known him for two days so I can't assume things quickly. 

"So, V…has anyone caught your eye? Other than me, of course," Jungkook sparkled in interest. I listened intently. What if he already met a girl? Nah. He seems like the type to be gay. I gag and keep that to myself.

"Well, no. The only girl I've managed to talk to was Soo Jin," he shrugged easily. Just how I expected. GAY~

"Awwww, come on, V? Not even a tingle down there? Do you need us to introduce you to some girls? I know Suga has a really hot sister," J-Hope drooled and stared at Suga in puzzlement.

"How they came from the same family, I have no clue."

Suga complained, "Yah! I'm more handsome than you, Mango-Head!" Taehyung giggled girlishly with a big smile. Everything stopped.

"Hyung?!" Jungkook gasped, "What is your laugh? You sound like a girl!"

Jin sniggered before commenting sarcastically, "What? He's so manly, Kookie. How could you miss that?" Taehyung pouted and crossed his arms cutely. RapMon huffed in exasperation. He suddenly came up to Taehyung, uncrossed his arms and fixed his lips to a more normal position. I chuckled at the guy's reddening face.

"Yah, Hyung. You should have been born a girl. You could look like one if you tried hard enough!" We all patted Taehyung's back pityingly. He really was girly. I checked myself out and smirked when I saw I was the exact opposite of him. Strong, calm, manly, social and most importantly, cool. I was the coolest guy I knew, as conceded as that sounded. Kissing my biceps, Taehyung watched in disgust.

"Yah! Don't do that!"

"Are you jealous of my perfection?" He huffed and turned away.

"No, because you're not perfect." I laughed at his insult, shaking it off like nothing.

Although I say these things so freely, I'm really just trying to pep my confidence a little. I don't actually believe them. To be honest, I'm very self conscious so that makes me push myself harder. If I have any trait that really stands out from most, it was definitely determination. When I do something, I put my all into it. Just how I was going to put my all into making Taehyung my friend. He looks like he suffers a lot; you can see it in his eyes. All I want right this moment is to help him feel at home.

Everyone deserves a home.


 



*Fae's POV*

My mind wanders to today. Why did my Unnie leave me? She always walks me to the front! Never, ever has she missed a day and suddenly today she abandoned me without warning! Something sushi is going on. I crinkle my nose in thought. It was already late, 12:00 am to be precise. I never get enough sleep. I rub my eyes and yawn. This is the process every night. Think until my eyelids fall and I start snoring. "Tomorrow. I'll find out about my Unnie's business!" I nod my head in determination and kick my legs in excitement.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

Chirp. Chirp. 

"FUUUUUUUUUUU*************** YOUUUUUUUU!!!" 

A great way to start the morning. I facepalm and roll back over. Looking at the time on my alarm clock, I sigh. 2 minutes away from the thing ringing. Might as well get up right? I turn the alarm off and curse the sky for the second time today. "Today is gonna be one of those days," I say bitterly as I drag myself downstairs, blanket still wrapped around my body. 

I hate mornings. How can someone wake up and be happy in the morning?

Somewhere else, a bird is angrily chirping in complaint to its bird friends.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

Chirp. Chirp.

I sigh happily. Tilting my head up, I chirp back at the birds. They don't respond of course. "What if I was a bird?" I tap my chin, contemplative. My mom comes in the room and smiles at me. "Awake already? You must be excited for something." Grinning, I throw the blanket off my body and begin dressing. She chuckles and goes back downstairs.
Today is gonna be one of those days.

I love mornings.