Chapter 22: The Adventures of Kim Taehyung

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 22: The Adventures of Kim Taehyung

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

I just got done explaining EVERYTHING to everyone. It took about an hour and finally they were in the know. As I walk home, I feel like an idiot. Explaining what was wrong with me was much easier than just keeping the truth to myself. I suppose I just didn't want them worried over the conflict., but they weren't scared at all. They just sighed in relief and gave me hugs. Quoting what Lina Gi said, 

"You should have told us from the beginning, you dumb***! We were all worried about you! I thought you were gonna go kill yourself! Never do that again! CAPICHE?!"

That was her way of expressing her worries. Yelling. Yelling and more yelling. She gave me a big hug afterward and then punched me in the chest. Hard. It still hurts, too. If only I would have realized sooner that they were more worried about ME than what was bothering me. They didn't seem to care that a scary gang was following me around. Nope. The Bangtan Boys were having fits that I shouldn't keep this to myself and all that. That I should let them beat up those, 'Weak gang wannabes'. I felt much more at ease knowing I wasn't alone. 

But. I don't think they know what they're getting themselves into.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

WINTER BREAK~

Yay!!! This is what we all needed. The much appreciated break. I was excited because now I can make my snow angels and have snowball fights and make snowmen and go Christmas shopping and bake cookies for Santa and then wear my winter sweaters!!!! Did I forget to mention that Christmas was coming?! This year I was especially was happy. Wanna know why?! Ahn Soo Jin was gonna visit me~ My dad stared at me dancing in the living room. I was prancing around in front of our Christmas tree and swinging my arms in ballet poses. Eeeee~

"Taehyung?"

"Yes Daddy?"

He chuckled before asking, "Have you bought Christmas presents yet?"

Instantly stopping, I turn to him, "No? Should I?" He pointed at the calendar beside the fireplace.

"You do realize that tomorrow is Christmas, right?" My mouth gapes. TOMORROW?! Did I lose track of time?! Oh no. I run around, flailing my arms.

He facepalmed and yelled, "You are definitely your mother's child! So forgetful," he watches as I ramble to myself.

"What do I do?! How did I forget?! I haven't even bought presents yet?!" He grabs my shoulders and passes me his credit card.

"If you want to impress that girl, I suggest you go and buy the best present in the history of presents." I grab the card and run out of the front door.

"YAH!!!" My dad exclaims.

I run back and peek my head in the door, "Yes?" My dad looks me up and down.

"Are you dressed?"

Running back upstairs, I hear him yell one last time, "Who's gonna drive you?! You don't have a drivers license yet!" 

Slow down, Taehyung.


 



*Time Skip: Still Taehyung's POV*

God this was tiring. I had gone to at least 10 stores and none of them had things I could buy for Soo Jin. Her present HAS to be special. She's been the most precious friend to me, aside from Jimin, and I have to give her something. Not only has she been going through some hard times, she also deserves it. Soo Jin is love, Soo Jin is life. At least that's what Suga said. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like a good thing.

Store clerks were trying to convince me to buy something, but I'd pass them by with a smile on my face. I'd already bought everyone else's present and let me tell you, I have $2000 worth of gifts in my hand. One for every Queenka and one for every Bangtan boy. Maybe that's why people wanted me in their stores? Don't know, don't care. My dad was waiting for me in the car.

He said, "I don't want to be a burden on your gift buying. Do what you gotta do." Does that mean I can spend as much money as I want? Cause that's how I was feeling right now. This search was taking a lot of my energy. I see a small vendor in the mall isles. 'Great American Cookie'. My mouth waters. I live for cookies. The lady at the counter greets me with a smile.

"Hello! Please buy a cookie or two! These are the best in the world," I wasn't even listening to her anymore. Too busy deciding whether or not I wanted 'Triple Chocolate Stacker' or 'Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate'. God, life is hard. I finally decide I wanted the 'Triple Chocolate Stacker'.

"Do you have apple juice?" The lady watched me in adoration.

"No, but I can point you to the nearest juice stand?" I grin at her kindness. Nodding, she then gives me the directions. Paying for the cookie, I eat it deliciously and make my way where she told me. This was a GOOD cookie. There were probably crumbs all over my face, but man I don't care. You have to enjoy things like this. Conveniently, the juice place was only a little ways away. I could already smell the apple juice. There was a girl sitting bored at the counter.

She didn't even notice me until I asked, "You have apple juice here right?" Her eyes widen at my deep voice and my cute face. What a huge contrast. The girl's face turns maroon and if you look hard enough, you could see hearts in her eyes. She sighed and just stared at me.

I ask again, "Do you have apple juice?" She shudders. I hold back a gag. I've never been exposed to this kind of thing. girls didn't really exist at my school. I'm a little scared. How am I supposed to handle this?! Suddenly, a woman comes up behind her and whacks her head.

"Yoona! What's wrong with you today! Stop staring at the customer!" Yoona grumbles and lets the older woman serve me.

"That was scary," I accidentally let out. The older woman laughs loudly, head tilting back.

"Oh my goodness! That was hilarious!" I eventually giggle along with her.

"Your order is on the house! I haven't laughed like that in a while."

Yoona pouts at her, "Mom!"

She waves her off and asks, "What would you like, Sweetie?" Finally! Some service!

"Apple juice please!" She watched me in puzzlement.

"You went through all this trouble for some apple juice?"

I nod as if it were obvious, "I'm gonna drink it with the rest of my cookie!" I point at my cookie and smile in happiness, being reminded of the delicious cookie.

Yoona reddens again and whispers, "He's so cute. OMG." Her mom nods in agreement. She hands me my apple juice, keeping her promise of it being free. I walk away, sipping my AJ and nomming on my cookie.

"He's so charming."

"SEE?!" They whisper loudly to each other. Now, finishing my snack, I decide to get back to the mission. Soo Jin's gift. I go into this quant little store. It has knick knacks and cute little antique items. It was empty for the most part, only an old man at the register. I smile and wave at him, he ushers me over to him.

"How can I help you, son?"

I rub my neck, "Well, I'm buying a gift for-"

"Girl or boy?"

"She's-"

"What does she like?" What's with this old man?! He interrupts everything I say! Rude, I pout. The man walks off and waits for me to follow him. What? Does he actually think I'll follow him after that?! And yet, I follow him.

"What does she like?" He repeats as he rummages through his wares.

"I really don't know. That's the problem," I mumble. He closes his eyes, understanding.

"Mysterious? Does she like music?" WOAH. This guy was a genius! I run out of his shop.

"Yah!!! You haven't told me anything yet!"

"Thank you, sir!!!" He waves, unsure. Something related to music! Perfect! God, why didn't I think of this earlier?! I run past the juice stand.

Hearing Yoona holler, "I LOVE YOU!!! PLEASE COME BACK ANYTIME!!!" Gross. I stop. Wait. Why am I running? I know I have to buy something music related, but where? Facepalm. Getting ahead of yourself, Taehyung. Alright, maybe a CD? Nah. She likes MAKING music. CD's don't really mean much anyway. In front of me, there's a jewelery store. Could my solution be there?! I pray that is, otherwise, I would go crazy. Finding gifts for someone that doesn't like gifts is nearly impossible.

There's a snide looking man standing at the counter. He's wearing a suit and a pompous look on his face. One of THOSE kind of salespeople. He's gonna say something about my haircut, just watch.

"Do you have the money to afford anything here?" Wow. Rude. How do they make money with this kind of person running their store?

"Money isn't a problem for me, sir. It's finding the item I want that's the problem," time to bring out formal Taehyung. I've been to so many stores where nothing really screams, Soo Jin.

He fixes his tie and says, "Well I hope I can be of assistance, then."

"The item I want is…specific." He nods and moves over to a glass case.

"Do you prefer gold or silver? Or platinum?" Hmm. Soo Jin hates the color yellow, so that rules out gold. She also doesn't like things that don't last. So silver.

"Silver."

"You had to think about that one. She's that picky, huh?" I grin and rub my neck. He gets it.

"Alright sir. What item would you like?" Now for the hard part. Necklace, watch, bracelet, rings, chains. Why are there so many options?!

"Let me help you out a little. Is there any particular thing you want?" Musically related.

"A piano? Musical note? I don't know…" 

He grins and walks over to another glass container.

"A pianist is she?! How exciting! She prefers the finer things. I know exactly what you need." I have high expectations for what he'll bring me. He knows EXACTLY what she wants? What does he know? I swallow my words when he brings a silver ring over to me. It was a thick band with small Treble Clefts and Bass notes engraved in it. On the inside of the ring, the words were inscribed, 'In the making'. The ring was pure perfection. I couldn't be happier with the result.

"Will you take it?" The salesman watched me eagerly, already gleaming at my reaction.

"Of course! How much?" He flips the ring's price tag over. $500. Done. I hand over my credit card and he grins. He gently removes the price tags and places the ring in a indigo, velvet box. I look at the ring one last time and smile. She'll love it. He waves me goodbye and I leave. 


 



*Time Skip: Still Taehyung's POV*

My dad drove me home after looking at all the gifts. He seemed satisfied I hadn't gone overboard with how much money I spent. I was satisfied, too. I couldn't wait to give her the gift tomorrow. Heck, I couldn't wait to SEE her. My small crush had turned into something bigger. I giggle and my dad stares at me.

"What a weird kid I have." We finally get home and I groan. Now for the hard part. Wrapping presents. This was my least favorite time of the whole process. Maybe I could convince my mom to help. I ninja roll into the kitchen and come up behind my mom.

"Mommy!"

"Wah!" She turns around, holding her chest.

"Taehyung! You scared me!" I smile apologetically and give her a big hug.

"Mom?"

"You need me to help you do something?" I gape at her. She laughs and ruffles my hair.

"I'm your mother, Taehyung. Did you forget?"

I rub my neck and plead, "PLEASE! Please please, help me wrap the presents!" I make an ugly frowny face and she whacks me on the head.

"Ouchie!"

"I'll do it!"

"Yay!"

"On one condition."

"Aww!"

She smirks and commands, "Let me record you doing the Gwiyomi Song!" I gasp, horrified. How could she blackmail me like this? Well, Taehyung, you have two choices. Future embarrassment, or paper cuts. The decision was simple. Paper cuts are the devil.

"I'll do it!" She seemed to have predicted my answer because she already had her camera out. Wow. 

"Go!"

"One+One=Gwiyomi! Two+Two=Gwiyomi! Three+Three=Gwiyomi! Four+Four=Gwiyomi! Five+Five=Gwiyomi! Six+Six=" I kiss my fingers slowly, a cute smile on my face.

"GWIYOMI!" I end with my adorable rectangle grin and she squeals as it's done.

"How cute!" She pinches my cheeks.

"Taehyungie is the biggest cutie!!!" 

"Okay, okay! Just help me wrap these presents!"