Chapter 26: Attempt #2 = Failure

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 26: Attempt #2 = Failure

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

School came fast. It seemed like it was just yesterday that I was kidnapped. What a horrible experience that was. The girls didn't do anything, but it was scary because I couldn't see anything. My mom told me to take out the trash when suddenly I was blindfolded and thrown into a car. They tied up my hands and legs, rendering me defenseless. Well, it's not like I could defend myself regardless. I was a weak guy. They could have left me with my limbs and eyes and I probably couldn't do anything anyway. No wonder girls didn't like me. Generally, girls want a guy that could protect them and I was NOT that guy.

You couldn't imagine the pure joy I felt when I knew that Soo Jin came for me. Out roles were reversed. She was the strong man saving the damsel in distress: me. She's so dainty and pretty, but she just killed two people and didn't feel remorse. Had it been any other person, I would be afraid of them. But this was AHN SOO JIN we were talking about. She could kill an army and I would still feel safe with her. Because I knew she wouldn't hurt me, and she has proven that fact too many times already. I would have to be ungrateful to hate her for something like this. Which I wasn't. 

Speaking of Soo Jin, she passed me a note.
'How's it going Tae? :o)'
'I'm okay. A little shaky, but I'm better thanks to you. C:' I giggle at my own notes.
'That's good. I want to give you a little gift.'
'O.O What is it?! :D?
'Meet me by the music room after school today ;o)'

I turn to see if she has any reaction, but she's just staring at the board with a bored look. Tapping her shoulder, she turns. She gives me a thumbs up. I'm eager to see what her gift is.

The teacher turns to us and says, "What are you two talking about?" The whole class' attention is on us now, some people already whispering.

"Why is she talking to him?" 

"Isn't he the weird guy?"

"Soo Jin shouldn't talk to guys like that." Just as the teacher is about to stop the whispering, Soo Jin stands up.

"Why should I not talk to guys like that? The better question is, why should I talk to guys like you?" Her arms cross and the first word that comes to me is: Sassy. She just turned into the biggest diva. The guy that said this blushes and turns away.

"Young Min," he turns to look at her in surprise and admiration.

"Being a d*** doesn't make you cooler."

Mr. Lee gapes at her and yells, "Mrs. Ahn! Detention! I will not have vulgar language in my class!" Some of the other boys watch me. Hah. I smirk and wave. Yeah, that's MY girl. Not yours. Well, technically speaking, she wasn't anyone's girl. She won't be mine in any near future, either. I suddenly remind myself that Jimin liked her and frown.

She WASN'T mine.


 



*Jimin's POV*

School. The best place on Earth. The place I met Soo Jin. I sound so cheesy, but this was honestly my favorite place in the world. The bell was about to ring for lunch and soon, we would be reunited again. Sighing, I recount my kiss with her. That was 1 week ago. The day after Christmas. It was so amazing and perfect that I would kill a man to do it again. Okay, maybe not that much, but you get my point. Girls around me snickered while other watched me and swoon. We've really risen in the ranks of popularity. What was most surprising was that Jin had a fan club. Like, what did he do to deserve a fan club?! If anyone should have one, it should be Kookie. At least he had some kind of talent.

BING. BING. BING. You've never seen me run this fast. I was out the door before it even finished ringing. People move out of my way as I run through the hallways and up the stairs. The roof. That was the hangout spot now. The Kings and Qweenkas of the school would always sit here. At this point, everyone knew better than to come up here. Grabbing the handles of the door, I open it abruptly. Taehyung jumps and I hold my laugh.

"Jimin!" He comes up to me and gives me a high five. I watch him, thoroughly confused. Doesn't he usually give me a hug? I spoke too soon. He quickly wraps me in a hug. Chuckling, I return the gesture.

"Alright, V. Come on," he removes himself and starts rambling in his strange language. Sometimes, I really don't know what he's saying.

Grinning and nodding at everything he says, he then asks, "So…how was your break?"

He watches me eagerly and I swoon, "The best." I place my hands under my chin and prop them on my knees. There was a giddy grin on my face and I blush.

"I went on a date with Soo Jin," he squeals like a girl and I nod.

"We talked, had some fun, and then we kissed." Taehyung is quiet and I turn to see a hurt look on his face. Why does he look so sad?

"V? Sorry what did I say?" I pat his back and he forces a smile on his face. What is he hiding? Taehyung is always trying to hold something in. What secrets does he have?

"Nothing. I just thought of something sad."

I nod and ask, "What's got you sad?" He tenses and I ignore it. Probably nothing to worry about.

"That song, you know the uh…one that Soo Jin performed." I was still skeptical and he was obviously lying.

Making a noise of confirmation I add, "It was sad." Taehyung slouches and puffs out a breath. I was going to question him, but the roof doors open to reveal the Bangtan Boys and Queenkas. They join us on the roof and I watch jealously as Jungkook has his arm slung on Soo Jin's shoulder. He completely ignores me as he pulls her to sit next to her. She stays there for not even a second when she stands up and makes eye contact with me. Soo Jin comes over and sits beside me.

Jae sees this and chants, "Soo Jin and Jimin sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Lina Gi smacks her head and yells, "Is this kindergarten?! Yah. Leave them be," Fae doesn't like this, though. She pulls Soo Jin away from me and sits her between herself and Ashley. Curse you, Fae. Soo Jin looks at me apologetically. Again, my suspicions rise when I see that Ashley is silent. She looks at Taehyung and nods at him. He grins and gives a thumbs up. Soo Jin watches them and smiles, too. What was going on?! There was obviously something going on between those three, and I didn't like it. I was a little slow, okay?! I hate being lost. I see them smiling, giving each other looks and mouthing things to each other, but it's hard to tell what's going on with all the talking around me. If only I knew what was going on. 

I HATE being lost.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

I waited by the doors of the music room for Taehyung. I was excited to show him the piano piece I had been working on. Anytime I did anything, I find myself looking for Taehyung's guidance and opinions. Ashley used to be the one I would go to for advice. Now it was all about Taehyung, even just using an excuse to talk to him and hear his voice. It was ironic how he had such a manly voice when his body, face, and personality said 'little kid'. Did I ever mention how adorable he was? Just today, he started choking on some water and even the way he choked was like watching a baby suffocate. Precious. Finally, he was here.

"Soo Jin~" he waved at me flailing his arms. His rectangle grin was wide and I forgot that he was 17 for a minute.

"Let's go! Let's go!" He was dancing like an idiot and I laughed.

"Come on," grabbing his hand, I drag him to sit next to me. The grand piano was clean for once and the keys were already tuned.

He clapped his hands like an excited kid and yelled, "Did you write another one?" Nodding, I shush him and play the ballad.

*Yiruma- Love Me*

Taehyung closed his eyes and listened intently. I watched him as I played. His face went through different emotions as the song went on. I just noticed how expressive he was. It was probably hard for him to hide the way he was feeling because his face was constantly twisting. He had a different expression for every note I played and it was pretty amusing. The song ended on a light tone and he sighed.

"Did you like it?" He looks at me, his eyes displaying pain.

I frown and ask, "What's wrong? Is it bad?"

Shaking his head furiously he added, "No! It was amazing! Just…" urging him, he ends it with his head tilted down.

"It's so sad. What made you write this one? What's it called?" Not wanting to answer his first question,

I say, "Love Me. That's the name." He looks at me meaningfully, but that look changes just as fast as it came.

"That's a deep title," he nods in thought and I stand up.

"My mom wants me home early today. I've gotta go…" lying through my teeth I leave. Taehyung was oblivious, as always, and didn't realize what the song meant. He watched me as I left with a look of regret in his eyes.

Attempt 2 Results:
Rejected


 



*Taehyung's POV*

I hold my head in my hand as I touch keys at random. This was the 2nd time this happened. Soo Jin was still trying. Why? Jimin said that they kissed and hugged and all that, so why was she so insistent on me? Facepalming, I sigh. It's not like I wanted to reject her, trust me, if I could reciprocate her feelings, I would. Jimin had his eyes on her first, he deserves her more than me. I would have to reject her until she would get it. We could never be together. But why did it hurt so much seeing her walk away?

If only he didn't like her. Life would be much less complicated for all of us. Here we were though, that cursed love triangle. It exists, it really does. Someone would get hurt no matter which way you would spin it. She ends up with Jimin, my feelings are hurt. I end up with her, Jimin gets hurt. My heart feels heavy again. 

I wish it was easier.