Chapter 4: Hiding Secrets

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 4: Hiding Secrets

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

"Yah! SJ! We've been waiting like…an hour!" Lina yelled playfully. Ashley looked back at me suspiciously.

"You did take longer than usual. What's up with that?" I shrugged in response.

"Nothing." They continued their conversations as usual as I sat beside Jae at the end of a bench. Why there were benches on the roof, I never found out. Jae nudged me, then pointed at Ashley. She asked me something and I didn't hear her. Curses. Now she was REALLY suspicious. Ashley ignored the feeling and inquired again. 

"Did you meet any of the new students?" I gulped visibly. My poker face stayed strong and I confidently shook my head.

Ashley frowned at me and continued, "I know for a fact you met one of them. Fae told me there was a girl in her class that has a brother in your home room and they came here TODAY." She crossed her arms at me stubbornly.

"Well. Why did you ask me if you already knew?"

"I was testing you. Why is it that you have to hide this info from us?" I pursed my lips and stayed silent. The wall behind her was pretty interesting right now, but Ashley was right. Why didn't I just say I did meet the new student? Embarrassment? Pride? Concealing info? Competition? Competition for what? I bit my thumb in frustration and began a low growl. Lina suddenly came up to Ashley and put an arm around her shoulder. 

"Ash. Stop it. You're making SJ confused. She probably doesn't know either." Ashley smiled apologetically at me.

"You're right Li-Li. Ah, I'm sorry. It's just you being you Soo Jin. I should have known better than to ask something so dumb." She shuffled her feet and came to give me a strong embrace. I half-heartedly hugged back. I was still in my own thoughts.

"YAH!! Stop all of this anger guys! We're supposed to be friends, you dummys!" Fae yelled, her arms flailing crazily.

"I was just worried for you. I don't know what this guy is like. He could have you in the hallway for all I know. I guess that's why I was a little scared when you came late." Ashley stopped hugging me and looked seriously at me. Suddenly, I broke into a loud laugh, crying a little in the process. All of the girls broke into wry grins. The leader just looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"Yah," I wavered, cleaning tears from my face.

"If only you knew him. He's more of a prissy baby than Fae!" Fae pouted and turned red from embarrassment.

"I'm not a prissy baby!" Lina was the most ecstatic at my joke. Her laugh rumbled the entire school grounds. Ashley was relieved at this because she, too, laughed at Fae. 

"BOOOOORAAAAHHH!!!!"

All of us were surprised at Jae's loud scream.

She continued seriously, "WHY DO YOU IGNORE ME?! I HAVE BEEN HE-"Lina covered while Fae covered Lina's ears.

"Yah! We are over here bonding and you decide to join in now?!"

Jae bit Lina's hand before retorting,"I just wanted to observe the atmosphere before lightening the mood. Ya know, making some good vibes." At this, she made a peace sign and a silly face.

"What an idiot," Lina spoke seriously.

"YAH!" 

Here we go again.


 



*Jimin's POV*

I watched Taehyung vigilantly. He was certainly a weird guy. No wonder he hadn't met anyone before us.

"But at the same time," I mumbled very quietly. He laughed at a story that Suga told about J-Hope's childhood. He had a special charm and whatever that was, it had managed to get Ahn Soo Jin to talk to him.

"Jimin?" Jungkook asked. I jumped at hearing my own name.

"Mm?"

"We asked you a question."

"What is it?"

"Have you ever talked to any girl in your life?" RapMon asked jokingly.

My ears blazed red in embarrassment and anger.

"Of course I have!! What makes you ask that?" My voice ended up cracking at the end; I cursed myself.

Jungkook ignored it and continued, "Well, Taehyung-hyung said he might be able to get Ahn Soo Jin to talk to you! Isn't that great, hyung?" I gasped and looked at the boy with newly found interest.

"You're joking!" I yelled almost wishing he was joking. Oh god, oh GOD. OH MY GOD! What would I possibly say to her?! I wouldn't even be able to speak! I'd be like a deer caught in headlights.

Taehyung nodded shyly and spoke softly,"I think we might be close enough for me to ask. She seems nice," he mumbled the last part almost inaudibly.

I cheered and danced in a silly way, causing some girls around me to giggle at my actions. NO MORE LONELINESS! YOU HEAR THAT WORLD?! JIMIN WILL NOT DIE ALONE!!! I stopped my celebration short when I saw how RapMon was looking at me. He cleared his throat and almost as if reading my thoughts he chuckled,

"Yah, Jimin. He didn't say she was gonna be your girlfriend. He'll just tell her to talk to you." Thanks RapMon. You ruined my party. Next time, he isn't invited.

"Thanks, Taehyung. You're my favorite friend now," I smiled at him in gratitude. 

"Taehyung hmm? You deserve a new name," J-Hope commented out of nowhere.

"W-what?" Taehyung stuttered in response to his almost invasive words. I nodded. Yeah, Tae deserves a better name. YAH! I GOT I!

"TAE!" I said loudly. Suga shook his head.

"Too average. It should be something cool."

"Tae-Tae?" Jungkook said. I was going to agree until Taehyung made a desperate 'NO' sign behind Jungkook.

"T," J-Hope said, a bout of inspiration hitting him.

"No. It needs to be something more mysterious," Jin grumbled, frustrated. I racked my brain a while. Everyone else was quiet in thought, really trying to come up with something original and cool. Taehyung was a bit puzzled at our display, but looked happy regardless. Poor guy. No friends, new school and already there was a guy waiting to bully him. He just wanted some peace and quiet. WAIT. 

"V!" I yelled at my sudden epiphany.

"What the heck does that mean?" Jungkook stared at me in bewilderment. The rest watched me, expectations high at the already questionable name. 

"Well you know how Tae here is a peaceful guy, right?" I questioned while slinging an arm around Taehyung's shoulder, who was at least 5 inches taller than me. Curse this guy and his height. Jin saw this and sniggered at my short stature. Pfft. Not my fault I'm short. I'm not even that small Taehyung's just tall. What is he? Like 5'10?! 

"YAH!!" Suga interrupted my interior rant and I continued a bit off put.

"Well, when you make a peace sign with your hands, you usually make a 'V' with your fingers!" I looked at the guys, chest puffed in pride. Jungkook beamed at me and J-Hope smiled in a satisfied manner. I knew then it was job well done.

"V? What do you think, Taehyung?" RapMon looked at said boy with his winning smirk. Taehyung smiled handsomely.

"I like it a lot, Jimin. Thank you. It fits me. Uh. I think," he whispered while a scratching his neck. We laughed in response to his shyness. What a weird guy. 

"Like an Alien," I whispered and chuckled to myself, no one hearing me.