Chapter 6: Unexpected Savior

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 6: Unexpected Savior

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

When I awoke it was thanks to Mrs. Emi.

"Your friend is gonna be fine. We already called his mother and she's coming soon. If you want to avoid a awkward situation, I'd suggest you leave while you have the chance." I nodded when I noted that Mi Yan was nowhere to be seen. I gave the nurse a small thanks before sneakily running out of the room. Although I was happy I helped Mi Yan and Taehyung with their situation, I definitely was NOT ready to meet the guy's mom yet. God, I made it sound like I was marrying him. I shook my head of those thoughts and stopped when I was sure I was a safe distance away from the clinic. Breathing heavily from the jog across the school, I found myself in front of the music room. I checked the time. 5:00?! Holy carp! I missed music practice by a long shot. It ended about a half hour ago. Great. I dialed my mom's number. I chuckled at her ringtone. It was G-Dragon's song, Crayon. Not long after, she answers.

"Jinnie!!! What's up? I was waiting for you to call. I'm already in the front of the school!"

"YAH!!! YOU KNEW PRACTICE WAS OVER, BUT DIDN'T BOTHER CALLING ME?!" I heard a chuckle and she hung up the phone.

"Hello? Mom?! YAH!! This woman!!" I huffed in frustration before and made a mad dash to the front of the school. When I get my hands on this woman!!! Gah!

Just like she said, she was in the car at the front, looking at the entrance. Upon seeing me she smiled widely. I smiled back at her. I loved it when my mom was in a good mood; it put me in a good mood, too.

I playfully yell at her, "YAH I'M GONNA MURDER YOU WITH A DRUMSTICK!!"

"Now, now. There will be no death threats around here!" She shook her finger at me. I rolled my eyes and got into the car. She starts driving.

Kissing her cheek I say, "Thanks, Mom. There was a bit of an accident after school and I lost track of time. I'm a bit sad I didn't get to practice my new piano piece," I grumbled, disappointed.

"It's okay, sweets. You can always practice when you get home. Now tell me, what was the accident?"

"Oh god. Well, when I came out of class, I just loitered around until practice started, but a girl came up to me asking for her brother."

"And you helped?"

"Yeah, I was bit mad at first 'cause she was kind of ditzy, and by kind of I mean she was a sobbing mess. I had to make her it up before she finally started looking for him. When we found him, it turns out to be a new kid I met in class-"

"Is he cute?" She winked my way and I huffed at her.

"Yah! Listen!"

I cleared my throat and continued, "He was passed out and bleeding so I had to carry him to the nurse. You HAVE to tell Mrs. Emi to chill. She said to stop bringing boys into her office. That was ONE time!!! Yah she makes me so mad," I clenched my fists and shook them at the sky.

My mom chuckled at me and asked, "So you stayed for a while huh?"

"Well, I went to sleep so while the girl was at the bathroom Mrs. Emi woke me up to get out before something awkward happened."

"Why awkward?"

"Apparently she already called their mom to pick her and her brother up."

"Ah! So you wouldn't have to meet their mom huh? Wow Mrs. Emi is more clever than I thought," she said to herself more than anything.

"Psh. I'm just glad I'm done with school for today. That was TOO much drama to handle," I whiped my invisible sweat and my mom rolled her eyes at me. After some more random conversation with my mom, we made it home. 

Ah. Home, sweet, home.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

My head was throbbing. It felt like there were jackhammers in my forehead. I sat up suddenly only to recieve a bigger headache and get light headed.

"Oppa!" My sister hugged me and suddenly my headache got worse. I moaned in pain.

"Where am I?" I asked and groaned more at the dryness in my throat.

"I've never felt so sh**** in my life," I croaked unknowingly.

"Taehyung!" I heard voices that were familiar to me, but I didn't have the strength to open my eyes. 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Kim, but Taehyung probably can't think clearly right now. I gave him anesthetic so I could perform an emergency surgery on his forehead. It may seem a little strange, but he'll be completely fine by tomorrow. If anything, a small headache, but other than that he's okay to go. Take these pills." I heard shuffling and some pills rattling. I was a bit scared. I had no idea what was going on around me. Freezing, I felt a cold hand on my forehead, but they felt familiar.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Emi." The curiosity was killing me so I used all my strength to open my eyes. Above me, there was my mother, sister and an unknown woman. Probably the nurse, I shrugged.

"Don't thank me. If it wasn't for Soo Jin he wouldn't even be here."

"Yeah, mommy. She carried Tae all the way here. When I was desperate and crying looking for him, she cheered me up and helped me find him. She's an angel," she commented in admiration.

"AHN SOO JIN?!" I shouted, fully awake now. My mother looked at me in a mix of suspicion, shock and joy.

"Do you know her, Tae-Tae?"

"Yeah. She's one of the people that I met today. She was really nice to me." I decided to leave out the fact that I thought she was my friend. My mother's reaction to that will be one that will haunt me for the rest of my adolescent life.

"Wow. I owe her. She made Mi Yan cheer up, became her friend AND she saved Tae's life? Sounds a little strange to me," my mother trusted us, but she was skeptical.

"She stood up to my bully." I mentioned in confidence, almost to try to prove her to my mom.

"She's amazing, Mom. I've never met a girl like her." Mrs. Emi looked at the sincerity in my eyes and smiled. I could see something shining there, but I couldn't recognize it.

"Anyway, Taehyung, if you feel any pain there just tell me, okay?" I nodded to the nurse and she handed me my backpack. We waved to her and gave another round of thanks.

The car ride home was silent until my mother asked, "How did it happen? The concussion I mean." I racked my brain, but I had no idea what to say.

"I remember tripping on my way out of school and then that's it."

Huffing to myself I say, "I didn't know concussions gave you amnesia!" I pouted cutely and my sister flicked my cheek. It didn't hurt, but I pretended to be offended by her small hit. 

"If I get K.O.'d again it's your fault!" She laughed at me and my pout and gagged.

"What? Am I too cute for you to handle?" Mi Yan broke into raucous laughter.

"That pout makes you REALLY look like an Alien!" I stared at her, opened my eyes as wide as they could go, flared my nose and tilted my head so that I could look at her from my cheeks. 

"YAH. KIM TAEHYUNG! Stop! Now you you're just creepy!" Our mother laughed at our antics and we were all finally at peace. 


 



*Time Skip: Still Taehyung's POV*

"Daddy!!!" Mi Yan jumped into his arms excitedly. I rolled my eyes then fist pounded him. He ruffled my hair then squinted his eyes at my forehead.

"What happened here, Taehyung? Did you finally get into a fight?" He asked as if he was hoping that was the case.

"If you did, that guy is a lousy shot. He completely missed your face," my dad said seriously. My dad was and MMA professional fighter. He recently won the Championship and now owns the belt. It was the first thing he arranged in the house when we moved in.

"He's so full of pride," I voice out on accident. My dad saw my gaze on the belt and smiled pitifully. I knew what he was thinking. I did it again. I can't seem to control my thoughts and it's been happening more recently. At first my parents thought it was normal, but when I was about 5 we were at a party and one of my aunts was eating all of the appetizers. Without being aware, I called her a food stealing ajumma. Ever since that day, my parents have been cautious of me around others. I've hurt more feelings than I can count.

"I'm sorry," I croak to myself. My dad didn't hear it, thankfully. Everything was already set up in the new house. I could tell my parents spent all day doing this. I felt pitiful in that moment. I felt like a disappointment. I knew I was weird. I'm the black sheep. I'm the Alien. Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes and excused myself silently and made my way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I wondered, was I at least handsome? It didn't feel like it. I sighed in contempt and decided to take a nice long shower.

"No one can see tears in the water right?" I asked sadly.