Chapter 3: No Worries

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 3: No Worries

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

BING. BING. BING.

The lunch bell rung after a short time. Students scrambled out of the class as I saw poor little Taehyung getting pushed around. I shake my head, pityingly. I calmly walk out of the classroom and make way to the rooftops. I'm really glad I got to meet the new student before any of my other friends did. Hah. They'll be so jealous.

Bento box in hand, I sway into the hallway. Underclassmen greeted me, blushing faces and all. I was a part of the school Qweenkas. I scowled at that word. Isn't a Qweenka supposed to be a rude, popular girl? Hopefully, I wasn't like that. Honestly, I don't even know why I'm that popular, but we don't get to decide our social status. It just happens. 

Just like how Taehyung was somewhere getting bullied for his lunch money. I like the boy, he's sweet, but weird guys like him don't survive long. It was a fact of life. If he can make a friend other than me it will be a miracle.

As I reach the set destination, I'm greeted by wind and four smiling faces. 

My friends.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

The cafeteria. The place where people eat. I look around searchingly, hoping Soo Jin was anywhere around here. Of course not. She HAD to have some kind of cool hang out place to eat with her popular friends, which doesn't include me.

"Maybe Mi Yan will be here," I huff to myself. I notice her sitting next to a group of girls and sigh to myself.

"She made friends already." After resigning to sitting by myself, a boy with black hair makes his way over to me. Nervously, I clear my throat when he speaks to me.

"Hey! You're that new kid right?" I nod, not knowing what else to do.

"Great! My name's Jimin. Come and sit with us?" He looks at me expectantly. 'Us'.

"Who is 'us'?" Jimin laughs at my inability to keep my thoughts to myself. He waves me over and I follow him to a group of boys.

"Guys, this is-" he looks at me as if waiting for something. He wiggles his fingers, arm extended and just stares.

A tall blonde sitting beside him whispers to me loudly, "This is the part where you say your name, doofus." The group of six, including Jimin, laugh at the joke. I blink and chuckle a little bit, too.

"Ah, yeah, of course. My name is Kim Taehyung. You can call me Tae though," I introduce myself, already comfortable with the guys. 

"I'm Jungkook!" A bubbly, squirrelly looking boy says.

"RapMon." The funny blonde from earlier states.

"J-Hope, at your service!" This guy looks much nicer than the rest of the guys.

"Your father, Suga." Jimin slaps the person's arm playfully.

"Jin-"

"Abeoji!" Jungkook suddenly interrupts.

"Yah! Where's your respect?!"

"And you already know me," Jimin chuckles, in between laughs. I look at them happily. Will these be my friends? Hopefully yes because I like them already.

"So, Taehyung, have you met anyone besides us?" Suga asks, almost as if insinuating my loneliness.

"Yah! I'm not THAT pathetic!" I cross my arms in a huff and pout.

They laugh at my comment before RapMon continued, "Well, have you?"

The first person that came to mind was Ahn Soo Jin. Jin looked at me and back at the guys knowingly.

"It's a girl isn't it?" He smirks and the rest of them looked at me in anticipation.

"W-well, I wouldn't exactly call her my friend yet, but she was very warm with me." 

"Yah! Tell us already!" Jungkook yelled exasperatedly.

"Her name is Ahn Soo Jin." The guys stopped everything they were doing and Jimin looked at me, impressed.

"Guys, we have a real Cassanova here." I was absolutely confused.

"Why is that so unbelievable?"

"You don't know?" Jimin asked, with heart in his eyes. I shook my head in response.

"She's one of the Queenkas in the school and also my future girlfriend."

RapMon scoffed and added, "In your dreams, friend." Queenka?!

"Really?!" Now I get why Jonghyun listened to her so readily. She was popular. To think the first person to talk to me was a Queenka. It was such a humbling experience.

"You have much to learn, Young Grasshopper," Suga said seriously. He suddenly snapped his fingers and J-Hope came to a stop in front of him, in salute position. I sweatdrop.

"Let us guide you on the path to enlightenment."

"Qweenka Number One: Ashley," he motioned to a picture of a girl at a podium. She looked foreign.

"She is from America, but learned Korean at a young age and so now she lives amongst us. She is our student council president and also the mom of the Queenkas, seeing as she always buys them things and babies them."

"Qweenka Number Two: Fae," Jungkook made a two and showed me an image of a younger looking girl.

"She is the maknae of the group and is also a bit of a dumb blonde, but she has heart where it counts. She is also captain of the cheerleading team."

"Qweenka Number Three: Lina," RapMon scowled a little a the mention of her name.

"She is kind of the bad girl of the group. RapMon's her half-brother, but he really doesn't like her. I don't know why. Obviously, she's an athlete and is the star of track team, but don't get fooled by her appearance. She's really nice, too." Jimin nods in confirmation. 

"Qweenka Number Four: Sook Jae," Jin blushes a little as her name is mentioned.

"Jae is a drama star, so more often than not, when she's with her group mates she'll practice some of the lines from her recent favorite drama. She's super passionate about acting so she really gets into character. Sometimes, it's hard to tell if she has a personality disorder." J-Hope chuckles to himself.

"Finally, the Queenka you met today: Soo Jin!" Jimin whoops excitedly.

"She's a mysterious one. It's hard to get any type of reaction from her, but we love her anyway. I remember hearing rumors of her being musically inclined, but I've never seen it so I can't really confirm. It's difficult to set a certain type to her, I guess that's her charm." J-Hope shrugged at this.

"I guess it's her charm?! That's exactly why people like her!"

Jungkook looked at me and said, "I guess that's why we were so shocked she talked to you. She never is really seen socializing with anyone other than the other Queenkas." I was baffled. Is that why everyone stayed quiet when she was laughing in class? Am I amazing or what?! I grinned, satisfied with myself that I accomplished something so impossible in such a short span of time.

"Yah. Stop grinning to yourself or we'll really think you're crazy." Jin shook his head at me. I watched as the boys talked animatedly about the Queenkas. 

My friends.