Chapter 17: Sesame Street, Apple Juice and Fluffy Blankets

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 17: Sesame Street, Apple Juice and Fluffy Blankets

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

Fae swiped my debit card for the n'th time that day. I could practically hear my bank account crying in the distance. I came up behind her to check the price on the shoes she was buying. Internally, I was suffering. I mean, I was filthy rich and all, but she was running me dry in the span of a day. She looked back at me asking,

"Aren't they cute, Unnie?!" She didn't even look guilty for her compulsive buying. Why was I doing this again? My head grew a grey hair at that moment. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but this was very for stressful me. Ashley smacked the back of Fae's head.

"Yah! This isn't your money! Stop being so loose with it!"

She looked back innocently, "I know it's not my money. That's why I'm using so much of it!" Fae giggled in happiness as she brought another bag towards me. Did I forget to mention I was the bag holder? Remind me to never make this mistake again. She ran off to the next store, squealing something about beanies. I sigh. Lina Gi plops down next to me. She was the only one that didn't buy anything.

"Hey, Gi-Gi."

"Yo." She stares at me.

"None of this was necessary you know."

"I think it was." Lina Gi scoffs at my words.

"If you think emptying your pockets is necessary to make someone happy, you've got it all wrong." I look at her with a weird look. Did…did she just say something smart? 

"Yah. Stop looking at me like that. Go buy me some pizza. I need some food," she yawns and pats her belly. Standing up, I go and look for a nearby food court. This mall is so big, so it'll take a miracle to find some pizza around these parts. On the way I see a curious little store. It was called 'Bingu Bingu Teddy' and in the windows there was nothing, but plushies. I went in and saw that there was a large variety of teddies and just anything you can make fluffy and cute. 

I smiled, I can buy something for the girls. I saw a pretty and pink kitten. Perfect, that one was for Fae. Jae, Jae, what in here screams Jae? Stuffed in the corner was a rainbow colored unicorn. PERFECT. Ashley needs something that would probably offend some feminists. Propped purposefully on the shelf, there was a yellow rabbit with a housewife outfit. What is with this store?! It's like it knew just what I wanted. What would be good for Lina Gi? I sniggered and hoped there was a spider or something in the store, just to piss her off. But instead I grabbed a crow with a green bowtie and shrugged. That's good enough.

Just as I was about to pay for the stuffed animals. I spot a neon alien. It was waving a peace sign at me. Cute, I could give this to a certain alien I knew, Taehyung. He'd love it. Seated right beside it was a navy blue teddy bear. It reminded me of Jimin. My heart sunk at the thought of him. The last time I spoke to him didn't end too well. Perhaps if I give him a gift he won't be mad? I nodded, satisfied with my reasoning. I brought all six of the stuffed toys to the cashier and they looked at me suspiciously. 

"Can you pay for all of these?" I saw the the price ring up. $256 on the dot.

"Of course I can," I answer, questioning why she would even ask me that question. She stares at me, baffled. After I hand over the money in cash, she stares at the thick stack of money, her eyes as wide as saucers. I wave her goodbye.

"COME BACK ANYTIME!!!" Returning to the task at hand, getting some pizza. I was only halfway into the mall and I was already tired of searching. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a neon sign with a pizza plastered on it. FINALLY. Jogging over to the sign, a chubby man with a handlebar mustache answers excitedly,

"Welcome to Ziprio's Pizza! Buy some delicious pizza pie, bambina!" If this guy wasn't Italian, I don't know what he was.

"What do you recommend for a girl who has an angry and hungry friend waiting for her?" He laughs and shows me a pizza.

"We just got a new one, it's-a called the 'Pie Lover's Delight'. It has green and red peppers, pepperonis, tomato, Italian sausage and cilantro. I made this one fresh. Take it now and I'll give it to you for a discount!" Wow. This guy was too awesome for words. Not only is it an amazing looking pizza, I'm getting it at discount price. Score.

I hand over 20 dollars, per his request, and make my way back. I whip out my cellie and call Ashley.

"Hello?"
"Ashley, where are you guys right now? I have the pizza Lina asked for."
"What?!" She sounded angry. I could hear some unintelligible arguing in the background.
"She said you went to the restroom and that we'd meet up back in the car." My face darkens at this. 
"Did she now? It appears that she has a death wish." I hang up and run in fury. Oh man was she going to get it. I bump into something really hard all of the sudden. The body catches me before I can fall down, though.

"Soo Jin?!" It was Jimin. Was this déjà vu or what? Is this the third time now?

"We have GOT to stop meeting like this," I rub my head with my free hand. He looks down at his feet, almost like he wanted to say something, but didn't. It's my fault he's like this. I put down the pizza and embrace him.

"Sorry," I mumble, completely inaudible.

"What?" Grumbling under my breath, mortified, I reluctantly apologize.

"I-I'm sorry, Jimin." I pull the blue teddy bear out of the bag and hold it out to him. He stares at the bear, confused.

"It's yours," I say simply. Jimin scratches his head.

"I'm not…understanding." I facepalm and grab his arm, forcefully putting the bear in his hand.

"I'm giving it to you. It's an apology gift. I'm really sorry for being so cold to you. Please accept it," it was my turn to tilt my head down. He wraps me in his arms and picks me up off the ground, swinging me around.

"Wah~ you're so precious, Soo Jin," he rubs his cheek against mine. I'm puzzled. 

"I accept your apology~" he sings. What?

"Really?!" I ask from disbelief.

He grins at me and responds eagerly, "Of course! I was never mad at you to begin with! Just a little sad, but it's so hard to be sad around you~" he croons and presses our cheeks together. I blush and slap his hands away.

"Yah. Yah. None of that now." He grins and I realize that the girls are still waiting in the car.

"Oh no!" I gather my things and wave Jimin farewell.

"Uh, bye! See you at school, Jimin!" He waves back in a stupidly happy manner. 

What's up with him?


 



*Taehyung's POV*

Maybe being in the hospital wasn't as bad as I thought. If I get to watch Sesame Street all day, then maybe, just MAYBE I liked it here. When it wasn't on, I found pleasure in bothering the nurse that was assigned to me. Kwon Hiemi, was her name. She was one of the biggest sources of entertainment for me at the moment. Speaking of her, she suddenly bursts into the room, her hair disheveled. "One of the patients said you were asking for me?" She gave me a stare of pure hatred. 

"Yes~" I purr sinisterly.

"I want you to bring me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a side of Apple juice. And also I need season 2 of Sesame Street." She burst out of the room and I crossed my arms behind my head as I watched the Count, well, count. Yeah, it definitely wasn't half bad here.


 



*Time Skip: Still Taehyung's POV*

"GODDAMNIT MR. NOODLE!!!" I yell at the character for the third time. He always messes up! God! My nurse comes in and looks behind herself in surprise.

"You have a guest." I smile, thinking it was Jimin. Soo Jin comes in with a hand behind her back. I break out into a grin and extend my arms, expecting a hug, which she gives me of course.

"Well, you're in a good mood."

"Yup! Elmo's section is about to come!" She laughs at me and sits in the bed beside me. We look like children here, drinking apple juice, wrapped up in a blanket, and watching Elmo.

"Dorothy! Say something Dorothy!" Soo Jin grabs at her hair. I gasp at her. She turns to me and knits her brows.

"Doesn't that make you mad?! She never responds!"

"Right?! What nerve she has!" We both huff and complain at the fish. When the nurse returns to see us interacting and talking animatedly about Sesame Street, she nearly has a panic attack. Her skirt flies behind her as she immediately leaves the room.

"Oh hey! I just remembered!" She smiles her signature smile at me and I find myself blushing all over again. Curse you, Ahn Soo Jin. A green alien materializes into her hands and I bite back my excitement.

"Is that for me?!" She chuckles at me and hands it over in confirmation. It feels soft against my fingers and bring it to my face, squeezing it.

"I love it! Thank you!" Soo Jin rubs her neck and kisses my forehead. I completely ignore the feeling, too busy admiring the thoughtfulness of the gift.

"It reminded me of you, so I bought for you. I hope you get better soon." I wrap her into a teddy bear hug and her giggles are muffled in my chest.

"What's its name?"

Looking at the little alien in confusion, I call it, "V." She nods in approval and we stay on the bed. I place the little alien at my side and we continue to watch Elmo.

I completely forget the fact that we are in a hospital.