Circular Road

Crossroads

It’s been 3 days since Jong Suk met Shin Hye. Since that day Jong Suk has been trying to avoid Shin Hye. He doesn’t go to the coffeeshop in his usual time of the day. ‘Good thing you didn’t get her number.’ He said to himself trying to comfort his self. He was smirking with his success on avoiding Shin Hye, he’s sure that he’ll get over her if he continues to avoid her, when suddenly Suzy crosses his mind. He remembers what happened after he left Shin Hye’s apartment, the endless talk of Suzy and the kiss, yes the kiss. There are so many ways to shut Suzy, he could just tell her to stop or he could just leave but why did he kiss her? At first he regretted it, he didn’t know how many times he cursed his self for doing that but now that he’s thinking, that kiss brought back so many memories, the happy times that they had together, the arguments and plans that they had. He misses those times, so does it mean to say that he misses Suzy or does he still have feelings for her? He was so lost into his thinking when someone enters the room.

“Knock! Knock! May I enter your thoughts?” the man said while knocking on the door.

“Oh hyung.” Jong Suk said startled.

“What are you thinking? You seem so into your mind, my hand almost bleed for knocking and you were not answering.” The man said showing his fist.

“Nothing in particular. What is it?” he said walking to the couch.

“It’s about the opening of the new store in Busan.” He said sitting on the couch while handling Jong Suk some papers.

“The opening is on Saturday. Have you confirmed the appearance of CNBlue?” he asked looking at the papers.

“Yes, I already got the confirmation from their agency. And I want to tell you something that’s why I personally handed you that. I can’t go to the opening. Your Bo Young nunna and I will visit my mom on Saturday.” Ji Sung slowly said.

“Ah, because of the pregnancy?” he asked still looking at the papers.

“Yes. They are so excited and they want to see her.” He said leaning his back on the couch.

“Ok. Then, who will come to the opening?” he asked putting the papers on the table.

“You. I already asked Mrs. Kim to book you a ticket. Your flight is on the evening of Friday. You’re going to take the same flight as Jong Hyun.” He said looking at Jong Suk.

“Ok. I think I will stay there for the weekend. I’ll take this chance to breathe some new air and rest. I really need to get away from here for a while.” He said giving him a smile.

“That’s a better idea. You’ve been working hard the past few months. I’ll ask Mrs. Kim to rebook your ticket. When are you coming back?” he asked while taking a note.

“Monday morning will be ok. I don’t have to worry about eommoni anyway, she will be staying at Hwi Jae hyung on the weekend.” He said crossing his hand on his chest. “So, how’s nunna?”

“Ah, she’s so sensitive these days. I think because of her pregnancy. Jong Hyun visited yesterday and he told us that you’re starting to date. So, when will we meet her? Your nunna is so curious that she wanted me to drag you to our house.” He said curiously.

“Ah jinjja Jong Hyunie, why would he say that? I am not dating her, she happens to have a boyfriend. Tell nunna that I’ll drop by your house tomorrow.” He said shaking his head with what his brother actions.

“Actually she just called me earlier and she’s coming here to see you.” He said biting his lower lip.

“Ah, is she that curious? You should have told me earlier so I could hide. She will drag me to hell to get what she wants to know.” he said in disbelief.

“Well, you need to make some sacrifices sometimes. I do that every day.” He laughs. “So, what happened to this woman who happens to have a boyfriend? Do you like her? If you really like her, you should pursue her. I mean it’s just a boyfriend and not married yet. She can still have a change of heart.” Ji Sung said trying to convince him.

“It’s not that easy hyung. Her boyfriend happens to be a friend of mine.” He said looking sad of the thought of Woo Bin.

“Oh, that’s complicated. So, I know her?” he leans forward.

“I guess not. Don’t tell Jong Hyun about it, he might slip and tells eomma about it. I don’t want her to worry about me.” He said with pleading eyes.

The two suddenly turn to look at the door when someone opens it.

“Ah, good thing you’re here. Ah so many cars outside, the traffic is getting worse.” The woman said opening the door.

“I told you not to go out at this hour.” Ji Sung walks to her to help her with the bag that she’s holding.

“Yah! Jong Sukkie, why aren’t you visiting your nunna?” he said slapping Jong Suk’s leg while sitting on the couch.

“I was busy. I just told hyung that I will go to your house tomorrow, but you’re here already.” He said giving her a peck on the cheek.

“Yeabo, you should eat your lunch first.” She scolds Ji Sung.

“Jong Suk wanna eat with me. Your nunna pack me lunch good for two.” He said showing him the bag that Bo Young was holding awhile ago.

“Yeabo, that’s not for two. You should eat all those food. I made them especially for you. Beside, Jong Suk and I are going somewhere.” She said giving Jong Suk a smile.

“What? Where are we going? I’m not done with my work yet.” Jong Suk protested.

“You’re the owner of this company.  You don’t need to work until 5pm. Kajja, palli.” She said holding up Jong Suk’s hand. “I’ll see you later yeabo.” She kisses her husband on the lips.

“Ah jinjja. Wait, I’ll get my key.” He grabs the key on his office table and Bo Young noticed the chain hanging on the key.

“Wow. I love that key chain. Can I have it?” she said with a cute smile.

“Ani. You can’t. You can have anything you want here but not this.” He said hiding the key chain in his close hand.

“Woah that must be very special. Ok, I’ll just ask later. Let’s go.” She grabs Jong Suk hand for support.

“Be careful on driving.” Ji Sung said to Jong Suk while walking out from the room with them.

 

Meanwhile, Shin Hye just got home from her shift at the hospital. She’s staying in the hospital longer than needed since Woo Bin left for China. She doesn’t wanna spend the night in his apartment thinking of what Woo Bin might be doing in China. She sure trusts him but she can’t just ignore the fact that he’s in China with the woman that was flirting at him. She just doesn’t wanna make it a big deal specially that Woo Bin is doing his best to call her in his free time. She’s in the entrance of her building apartment when she sees Lee Hwi Jae in front of the elevator with the twins. He’s carrying Seo Eon in his front with the baby carrier while trying to hold on with the two bags of groceries with his both hand while Seo Jun is running everywhere.

“Oppa, annyeonghaseyo. Let me help you with those bags.” She said bowing her head.

“Ah Shin Hye-ah. It’s ok. Can you grab Seo Jun instead?” he said pointing his mouth to actively running Seo Jun.

“Ok.” She said grabbing Seo Jun to her arm.

“Ah. Gomawo Shin Hye-ah.” He said please with her help.

Lee Hwi Jae and Shin Hye live in the same building. Hwi Jae is in the 11th floor while Shin Hye is in the 12th floor. Shin Hye became close to Hwi Jae’s wife since they met in the hospital for the twins check up. Since then, his wife often invites Shin Hye to have a meal in their house, and that’s when she becomes close to Hwi Jae. The twins love Shin Hye, as she always play with them when she visits their house.

“Ah, look at Seo Jun, he’s not even blinking staring at you. Yah, Lee Seo Jun, are you mesmerize by nunna’s beautiful face?” he said laughing. “I think he falls in love with you.”

“Seo Junnie, sarangheyo.” She caresses his face and Seo Jun put his hands on his head making a big heart for Shin Hye while giving him his cute smile with his eyes close.

Shin Hye and Hwi Jae laugh with his action while Seo Eon is making a fuss and wants Shin Hye to take him too.

“Ah, Lee Seo Eon nunna can’t hold the two of you.” He said getting in the elevator.

“Oppa, what are you going to do with all those groceries.” She asked while playing to Seo Jun.

“My cousin is going to visit. She’s pregnant, so I need to cook her healthy foods.” He said looking at the bags of groceries.

“Oh, you can cook now?” he said teasing.

“Ani. Not really. I will just try.” He said embarrass.

“Where’s Jung Won unnie?” she asked now playing at Seo Eon.

“She went out with her mom.” He said heaving a sigh.

“Otteoke? How are you going to cook while watching the twins?” she asked surprise.

“Can you help me? Come on, I’ll treat you a lunch. You’re a good cook right? You can help me cook or watch the twins.” He said with a pleading look.

“Ahm. Ok, I don’t have anything to do anyway.” she said smiling.

“Ah, kansahamnida.” He said trying to bow his head. “You’re a real angel Shin Hye-ah.”

 

At the coffeeshop, the CNBlue boys gather and waiting for someone. They always take the back door when they are coming in a group, so that their fans won’t mob the whole cafe. Yong Hwa didn’t have enough sleep and Jung Shin noticed his annoyance.

“Hyung, gwaenchanayo? You seem in a bad mood.” The maknae asked while eating a cake.
“Ani. How can I be okay, when Shin Hye made me run to the hospital for 3 times? Ah jinjja. I’m so annoyed right now.” He said heaving a heavy sigh.
“Waeyo?” Jung Shin asked while looking at his slice of cake.
“Ah, I don’t even wanna talk about it. I’m so tired and sleepy.” He sips his hot cafe Americano.
“Yo!” Someone shouted at them.
“Oh, Hong Ki hyung. Finally you’re here.” Min Hyuk said standing and getting extra chairs.
“Oh, Taka-san. You’re here too.” Jong Hyun said shaking the hand of the man next to Hong Ki.
Hong Ki and CNBlue are labelmate, as we all know. He is especially close to Yong Hwa and Shin Hye. His band is Shin Hye’s favourite that makes Yong Hwa jealous everytime. Hong Ki just came from Japan for some concerts and everytime he goes back he never fails to meet the four brothers, and today he comes with his bestfriend, the lead vocals of Japan rock band One Ok Rock, Morita Takahiro, who is also Shin Hye’s ex-boyfriend. Yes, they used to be lovers but broke up for some unknown reason, but they remain friends.
“It’s been a long time guys. I heard you’re planning to release a new album.” Taka said sitting beside Yong Hwa.
“Yes. We are still trying to complete the song listing.” Jong Hyun said sipping his coffee.

“What’s wrong with you?” Taka asked Yong Hwa.

“Shin Hye? You’re only like that when Shin Hye bossed you around.” Hong Ki said laughing.

“Yah! That’s not even funny. Now I’m regretting buying that apartment.” Yong Hwa said irritated.

“How’s she? I haven’t seen her for ages. I guess she’s still bossy as ever.” Taka said with a smile.

“She’s still pretty as always.” Min Hyuk comment with a cute smile.

“Really? Ah, I wanna see her.” Taka said with a smirk.

“Yah! Taka-san she has a boyfriend already.” Yong Hwa shouted at him.

“And? Am I not allowed to see her because she has a boyfriend? I am her friend too.” Taka said in his defence.

Yong Hwa suddenly thought of something. ‘Yes, that’s right. It’s my chance to get my revenge. She just got out from the hospital and probably dead tired.’ Yong said to himself and didn’t notice that he laughs loudly that the guys heard him.

“What’s that?” Hong Ki asked looking intently at him.

“Nothing.” He straightens his sit. “We can go to her apartment to see her later. But for now we need your help on some arrangement of the songs that we’re doing.”

“Okay. Should we go to the studio now?” Hong Ki said.

With that said the guys went out to the back door and headed to FNC Studio.

 

Jong Suk is shocked when the navigator said that they already reached their destination. He stopped the car in front of a building that is very familiar to him.

“Nunna, what are we doing here?” he asked turning his gaze to Bo Young.

“We’re going to visit the twins. Hwi Jae oppa lives here. You didn’t know?” Bo Young answered while unbuckling his seat belt.

‘Of all the buildings in Seoul, why here?’ he’s murmuring to himself. “Aniyo. I didn’t know that this is where they moved.” He said without the intention to get out of the car.

“Now you know. Kajja.” Bo Young said while getting out of the car. “Bring that bags, please.”

“What floor does hyung lives?” he inquires while grabbing the bags of candies and toys for the twins.

“11th floor. Waeyo?” Do you know someone who lives here?” she asked grabbing his right arm for support.

“Ani. Be careful.” He said lying while assisting Bo Young on the elevator.

“What’s wrong? You seem tense. Are you hungry already?” Bo Young asked the tense Jong Suk.

“Yes. I’m starving actually.” He said with his force smile.

“Don’t worry, Hwi Jae oppa cook something for us. Ah I wonder what he cooked for us, he’s not really a good cook.” She said giving it a hard thinking.

“Then we should have just bought food.” Jong Suk said shaking his head while going out of the elevator.

She holds on to Jong Suk’s right hand. “Ah, I can’t wait to see the twins. They must have grown a lot since the last time I visited.” She said while pressing the door bell.

“Ah, they must be here already. Shin Hye-yah can you grab Seo Eon for me?” Hwi Jae said standing from the couch with Seo Jun in his arm.

Shin Hye carries Seo Eon to prevent him from running around the house while Hwi Jae walks to the door to accept his visitors.

“Ah, come on in. Oh, Jong Sukie, good to see you.” Hwi Jae greeted as he opened the door.

“Good to see you too hyung.” Jong Suk said bowing his head.

“Ah so cute, Lee Seo Jun.” Bo Young pinches Seo Jun’s cheek. “Where’s Seo Eon-ah?” Bo Young walks in the living room in a hurry to see Seo Eon.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Shin Hye said bowing to Bo Young.

“Oh, annyeong.” Bo Young said bowing her head too.

“Shin Hye she’s my cousin Lee Bo Young. She’s our neighbour from upstairs, she’s a doctor. I asked her to help me cook.” Hwi Jae said putting Seo Jun down.

“Park Shin Hye imnida.” She said shaking Bo Young’s hand.

“Hyung where will I put these? Jong Suk asked Lee Hwi Jae with the bags in his hand while walking into the living room where everybody is. “Whoa, Shin Hye-yah.”