U-Turn

Crossroads

Suzy is patiently waiting for Jong Suk in the coffeeshop. This is the first time that she will see Jong Suk after he broke up with her six months ago. She tried to meet and contact him for as long as she can remember but Jong Suk successfully avoided her. She’s so excited to see him that her heart beats fast, and her hands are shaking from nervousness. She remembers clearly why he broke up with her, and why he is mad at her.

“Hey, isn’t that the model in the chicken commercial?” Shin Hye asks Krystal.

“Neh. She’s more beautiful in person.” Krystal said while making Shin Hye’s coffee.

“I think she’s waiting for her boyfriend. You think her boyfriend is an actor? Oh my god, I need to see this.” She said excitedly.

“Here.” Krystal hands her, her iced Americano. “That’s a good idea unni, and maybe you can take a picture too, and we can sell them to dispatch. I wonder how much they’re going to give us for this scandal.” She puts her right hand on her chin and rolled her eyes up.

“You think I can get rich for doing that?” Shin Hye makes a humour and smiles.

“I don’t think so.” Krystal smiles back. “Anyway, I need to go home and change before our dinner. Are you sure you can’t come?” she said removing her apron.

“Neh. My break will be over soon and I need to go back to the hospital.” She sips her coffee.

“Ok then, I will be going first.” She grabs her bag and bid her goodbye to Shin Hye.

“Be careful. I will stay for a while.” Shin Hye seated on the stool near the window.

Suzy kept on looking at her watch and it has been 10 minutes after 4 but Jong Suk is there yet. He was about to call him when a man is walking fast to her table.

“Miane, I’m late. I needed to wait for Jong Hyun to come home.” Jong Suk said catching his breath.

“It’s ok oppa. Do you wanna drink?” she offered him her orange juice.

“It’s ok.” He waved his hand to the person on the counter and mouthed “ice latte, please.”

“So, you’re drinking coffee now. I guess you really change.” Suzy murmured looking at her glass.

“What do you wanna talk?” he said straight to the point.

“About us, I never had the chance to explain what I did and why I did it and I wanna...” she didn’t finish what she was saying as Jong Suk interrupts her.

“I listened to your voice mail many times, and I think that’s enough. I really don’t care now why you did that.” Someone handed him his ice latte. “Thank you.” He sips his latte.

“I want you back.” She said looking directly to his eyes with serious face.

Jong Suk was shocked by what he just heard from her and that painful cold winter night flash back to his memory.

(Flashback) They were already planning to get married and all that Jong Suk needed to do was to ask her parents for their permission as his mom already gave them her permission. Jong Suk was on her way to her house when his phone rings, a voice mail appeared on his phone screen. He ignored the mail and continued to walk to Suzy’s house. When he reached the house, he was surprise to see Suzy’s mom crying hard in the living room with her father consoling her mother.

“Yeabo, Jong Suk is here.” Mr. Bae whispered to his wife.

“Aboji, what happened?” Jong Suk asked worriedly.

“Suzy run away.” Mr. Bae said straight to the point.

Jong Suk dropped the gifts that he was holding. “Mwo? Wae? Where is she?”

“We don’t know yet, but I already asked two of my agent to find her.” Mr. Bae explained.

Jong Suk was in shocked and cannot move from where he was standing. He felt like something inside him was crushing, he could not understand why Suzy ran away. He was trying so hard to find the answers to his questions in his own mind when he thought of the voice mail that he received a while ago. He pulled out his phone from his pants pocket and listen to the voice mail.

“Jong Sukkie, it’s me. I know you’re going to get mad at me and probably you will never want to see me after this. I am not ready to marry you. I was afraid to tell you when you asked me that’s why I agreed to you. I love you but I can’t just give up my life for now. I have so many things that I want to do. Jongmal miane oppa.” The voice mail said.

Tears started to fall down Jong Suk’s eyes. He couldn’t say anything, and just got out of that house. He walked the cold windy street for hours without any destination, until he no longer feels his feet. He seated on the nearest bench on the park and cried his heart out. (End of flashback)

“Did I hear you correctly? You want me back?” Jong Suk laughs.

“I’m going to get engage next week, but I won’t do it if you come back to me. You’re the one I love oppa.” She tried to hold his hands but he pulls back.

“You’re going to run away again? Ok, don’t go to that engagement.” He said crossing his arms on his chest.

“Is that mean you’re coming back with me?” a smile form in her lips.

“No, that will never happened.” He looks her in the eyes with a serious face.

“Then what?” she asked confused.

Jong laughs. “Seriously Suzy, you are going to get engage next week and you’re telling that you will cancel the engagement if I come back to you? Ah jinjja.” he shakes his head in disbelief.

“Because you’re the one I love oppa.” She begs.

“Let’s just talk when you are sane, because I think you are losing your mind right now.” He said and walks out from her.

“Oppa!” she shouted and walks to catch him. “Oppa, wait!”

Jong Suk could not take it anymore and stopped in front of the coffeeshop. “What do you really want from me Suzy? Was hurting me isn’t enough for you. I don’t want you in my life anymore.” He said with the leave-me-alone look.

“I just want you back because I realized that I could not live without you. The past 6 months is so miserable for me.” She hugs me.

“Miserable for you?” he stood still and laughs. “Let’s end it all here. Let’s not see each other anymore. And please don’t contact me and my office again. Goodbye.” She pushes her from him.

“If you’re not going back with me I’m going to run on that road. It’s better to die than to live without you.” She said threatening him and pointing to the busy road.

“Do whatever you want, I am going back with you.” He walks towards his car.

Shin Hye just came out from the coffeeshop when she saw a woman run to the road and stop in the middle and a fast car coming hit her. She dropped her coffee in shock and run towards the woman as the people on the street started to gather around. A man came running calling a name.

“Suzy!” he pushes the people gathering around to get in the middle.

“Do you know her? Is that your car? Can you help me get her to the hospital? I am a doctor at Seoul General Hospital.” Shin Hye said to the man while checking the unconscious woman’s pulse.

The man could not speak, he just nods to what Shin Hye said and carried the unconscious woman. Shin Hye is walking beside him. The man signal for the car key in his pocket to Shin Hye and she opened the door. She rides in the backseat with the woman while the man drives to the hospital.

“Agassi, can you hear me?” Shin Hye was trying to wake the woman. “Can you drive faster? Agassi, please wake up. Ah, why would you do such thing? Agassi!” she said while tapping the woman’s face.

Jong Suk is irritated at Shin Hye’s commands but could not say anything as he was shaking and still in shock. He keeps on looking at Shin Hye on his rear view mirror and she noticed it.

“Yah! Stop looking at me and focus on the road or we might end up the three of us in the emergency room.” She said looking back at him in the rear view mirror. “Hold on Agassi, we are near.

 

Meanwhile, at Hera’s building where Woo Bin is waiting for the Chinese investors in his office. He is looking at his phone for minutes now. He’s contemplating whether to call Shin Hye. He didn’t see her the whole day and he just misses her so much. He knew that if he hears her voice he would want to cancel the meeting and go where she is. When he finally decided to call her, his phone suddenly rings.

“Eomma, what it is now?” he scratch his right eyebrow with his index finger. “No, they aren’t here yet.” He stands from his chair and walk towards the glass window that is overlooking the city of Seoul. “No, I might not come home tonight. I need to finish some papers before I leave next week.” He watches the view from his window while rubbing his nape. “No, I haven’t told Shin Hye about it. Yes, I will ask her to come with me. Eomma, please I don’t wanna hear of what you are about to say. I will see you tomorrow. Goodbye.” He ended the call and let out a sigh.

“Woo Bin-ah they’re here.” Kim Jong Kook, his body guard said.

“Let them in hyung.” He said walking towards the door.

“Mr. Kim Woo Bin, I guess what I heard are true. You are really good looking and very tall.” Mr. Li said while shaking his hand.

“Thank you Mr. Li.” He put his best smile. “Mr. Chan, how are you doing?” shaking Mr. Chan’s hand.

“Very good Mr. Kim.” he gives him a smile. “By the way, I hope you don’t mind. I invited my niece to join us. She’s here for a vacation. My niece, Angela Yeung (aka Angelababy).” he winks at him.

“Nice to meet you Angela, I’m Kim Woo Bin.” He hands him his hand for a shake.

But Angela gives him a kiss on his cheek. “I know who you are Kim Woo Bin ssi.” She gives him a flirty smile.

“Just call me Woo Bin.” He said with a confused look.

“Your mother told me that you’re single.” Mr. Chan whispered to him.

“Ah, my mother is being forgetful these past few days. I’m sorry for that Mr. Chan.” He flashes him his couple ring.

“Ah no, Mr. Kim, I am sorry. Is it ok if she stay with us?” he whispered to him a bit embarrass.

“Of course Mr. Chan.” He whispered back. “Would you wanna go to the restaurant now?” he asked.

“No. Let’s talk business in the office. I don’t want talking about work while eating.” Mr. Chan said while seating on the couch.

“Yes me too.” Mr. Li said also seating across Mr. Chan.

“Ok then.” He seated on the couch in the middle.

“I love your office, it’s so warm.” Angela said seating beside Mr. Chan.

“Thank you.” He gets his phone and calls someone. “Hyung, can you bring tea in here?”

“So, when are you going to China?” Mr. Li asks while fixing his coat.

“I am scheduled to go next week. I just need to finish some papers before leaving.” He said crossing his legs.

“That will be great. I will be back to China next week. Maybe we can meet there, I am a good tourist guide.” She gives him a flirty look and smile.

They were talking about business for an hour, but Woo Bin could was uneasy the whole time as Angela kept on giving him a flirty look and flirty smile.

“I think that’s it. I will just wait for you in China then?” Mr. Li said to Woo Bin.

“I think it’s time to eat.” Mr. Chan said smiling.

“Let’s go.” Woo Bin said fixing his coat.

“Let me help you with that?” Angela holds his hand and helps him fix his coat.

“Thank you.” He said pushing Angela’s hand.

Jong Kook is giving Woo Bin an eye when he saw that Angela holds His arm while walking out of the door.

“I think I’m going to ride at Woo Bin’s car.” Angela said to Mr. Chan.

Jong Kook noticed that Woo Bin is uneasy. “Mr. Kim you have a phone call in the secretary desk.” He said trying to save Woo Bin from temptation.

“I’m sorry I need to take this one. I will follow you down. Hyung, will you guide them down?” he said winking to Jong Kook.

“I’m ok. I will wait here.” Angela said never letting go of Woo Bin’s arm.

Jong Kook shakes his head and guides the two men on the elevator, while Woo Bin couldn’t believe what is happening. He suddenly thought that this might be his mother’s plan.