Rear View

Crossroads

At Mango Six Haeundae Shop, So Ra and Jong Suk are busy catching up with their lives. Woo Bin dropped So Ra first in the coffee shop as Shin Hye needed to go to the pet shop store to buy some stuffs for her two dogs.

“Why did Hae Jin hyung come with you?” Jong Suk as sipping his hot Americano.

“He wanted to sleep, he’s so tired riding planes. He flew right away as soon as he met me and his sister at Gimpo this morning.” She said feeling bad for her husband.

“Oh right, when I saw you this morning. But I didn’t see her sister. Was she with you then?” he asked curiously.

“Neh. She was waiting in a coffee shop. She’ll be here later, she just needed to buy some stuffs for her dogs.” She explained.

“Why did you asked her to come here with you? She might feel awkward, or are you planning something? Are you setting me up with your sister-in-law?” he asked curiously.

“Yah! Why would you think that? I just want you to meet her. I’m sure you’ll be surprise.” She said excitedly.

“I just wanna tell you that I already like someone, so I’m not interested to meet someone else.” He said in a warning tone.

“Don’t worry, she’s not interested to someone else too because she already has a boyfriend and he’s coming with her so she won’t feel awkward.” She said lifting her head high.

“That’s good then.” He said relief.

“By the way, we have a little celebration on my in-laws house and Hae Jin oppa asked me invite you.” She said sipping her latte.

“When is it?” he asked leaning his back on the chair.

“Tomorrow, it’s a lunch and dinner party.” She said with her puppy eyes.

“Huh, I don’t if I can go, I’m planning on going somewhere to see someone.” He said smiling thinking of Shin Hye.

“Who is it? Your girlfriend? Is she from here?” she asked excitedly.

“I’m not telling you, so stop asking. And even I tell you, you don’t know her either, so just stop.” He warned.

“Ara. Just give a hint, ah?” she asked politely.

“She’s a doctor. That’s all you can get.” He answered smirking.

“Huh? What is it about us? I guess we all have the same preference. I married a doctor, you like a doctor and my sister-in-law is a doctor too.” She said puzzled.

“What is that?” he asked not hearing what So Ra said clearly.

“I’m sorry we’re late.” Shin Hye said walking to their direction with Woo Bin on her side.

“It’s okay. Come here.” So Ra said pointing to the chair across Jong Suk.

“Shin Hye?!” Jong Suk said in surprise.

“I don’t think I need to introduce the three of you.” So Ra said smirking.

“Yes, they already know each other.” Woo Bin said waving his hand for a waiter.

“I don’t understand. What are you doing here?” Jong Suk said still puzzled.

“Huh? You don’t know? She’s my sister-in-law.” So Ra said in surprise that Jong Suk is clueless.

“You’re Hae Jin hyung’s little sister? Ah jinjja, I was really surprise to know. I thought the sister that he was talking about is younger.” He said shaking his head.

“Right. And who would have thought that me and Woo Bin will be in laws. I was really startled when I found out that her boyfriend is Woo Bin.” So Ra said laughing.

“I was not really surprise because I already know that you marry her brother. What I’m surprise is, what are you doing here in Busan?” Woo Bin said in a serious tone.

“I’m here for a business and a vacation too.” He answered sipping his coffee.

“He’s here to attend a store opening with CNBlue.” Shin Hye said out of nowhere.

“You knew he’s coming here?” Woo Bin asked looking at her.

“Yes. We met in the airport, it turned out that we had the same flight but different plane.” She said honestly and hold his hand.

Jong Suk what Shin Hye pulling Woo Bin’s hand and clasping it to hers. And Woo Bin pulled her chair closer to his to give her a peck on her cheek. Jong Suk face suddenly changes from excited to jealous and So Ra noticed it.

“So, you too are okay now? Ah, if I only knew that you too had patches your difference I should have called you for a coffee when I arrived in Seoul.” She said sighing.

“Okay, I think I need to hear this. What happened between the two of them?” Shin Hye asked ready to listen.

“Yah! You don’t need to bring out the past. We are okay now.” Woo Bin said looking at Jong Suk.

“Neh. Let’s just leave that in the past.” Jong Suk agreed.

“I don’t think so. I want to tell it too Shin Hye. If you don’t want to listen you’re free to go.” So Ra said smirking.

“Ah, whatever. Do what you want, but you!” he said cupping Shin Hye’s face with his hand. “Don’t asked me anymore question later and don’t nag me about it, okay?”

Shin Hye peck his lips and gives him a cute smile. “Okay.”

Jong Suk was staring at Shin Hye the whole time that So Ra noticed. Confusion is starting to mix his emotion again as he sees how Shin Hye is to Woo Bin, but he shakes it immediately as he is sure of what his feeling. So Ra is starting to feel uneasy, the more she sees how Jong Suk looks at her sister-in-law.

‘Is it happening again? Hump, I hope not. I don’t want Shin Hye in the middle of this two. Huh, what am I thinking? Stop it So Ra.’ So Ra said to herself. “Okay, you two stop that sweetness, ants are starting to gather here.” So Ra said looking at serious Jong Suk.

“Miane. So, what happened? Why didn’t you talk for a long time?” Shin Hye asked while sipping her coffee.

“It started when we were in the 3rd year of college. These two already build their career in modelling. And they are really popular in the university. Even the woman professors will let them go when it comes to project making. Everyone wants to be friends with them.” So Ra said shaking her head with the memory.

“Ah jeongmal? How did you manage to stick with them? I’m sure a lot of professors and students envy you.” She said looking at So Ra.

“So Ra was pretty popular then too, because she’s smart. She could get any man that she wanted back then.” Jong Suk teased So Ra.

“That’s not true. I was chubby then. People only talked to me to ask about them. Professors were giving me hard time, if I’m not smart, I think I would not have graduated college.” She said proudly.

“Ah, so these two already caused you trouble back then.” Shin Hye said pointing at Woo Bin and Jong Suk.

“Neh, a lot of trouble. There were even a rumor spread that I was two timing the two of them.” She said remembering the days.

“Huh, that was mean. What did you do then?” Shin Hye asked looking sad.

“Well, I got even closer to them.” So Ra said laughing. “I made them more envious of me and I became the talk of the town.” She said still laughing.

“She was already a troll back then.” Woo Bin said shaking his head.

“So that was the reason you always tagged along us. And the free meals?” Jong Suk asked shaking his head too.

“That too. Anyway, we really became closer, especially these two that made me even wonder if they were together.” So Ra said sipping her coffee.

“Together?” Shin Hye asked confused.

“Neh, that together. But of course they aren’t. One day, Lee Na Young-ssi came to our school for a photoshoot and Jong Suk immediately fell for her. Woo Bin wasn’t in the school then and Jong Suk got all the time to get close to her because they were in the same business.” She said catching her breath.

“Can you just go straight on how they fought over a girl? Did one of them became Lee Na Young’s boyfriend? That would really shock me.” She said teasing the two.

“Ah, in their dream. Anyway, we found out that Woo Bin has a crush on Lee Na Young-ssi for so long and they were already pretty close before Jong Suk even talk to her. After knowing that they both like the same woman, they made a promise not to go on with their feelings because their friendship is the most important thing in the world.” She said sighing.

“But what happened next?” Shin Hye said anticipating.

“Ji Sung oppa chose Lee Na Young-ssi to be the exclusive model of their clothing brand and asked Woo Bin to model as her partner.” She said stopping.

“What? Did Ji Sung oppa knew that they like the same woman that he chose to model? Why asked Woo Bin to be her partner? Did you say yes?” Shin Hye asked looking at Woo Bin but he didn’t say anything.

“He said yes. And that made Jong Suk really mad. They didn’t talk even after we graduated. Before the Christmas break, Woo Bin told me that he said he agreed to model to get a video message of Lee Na Young-ssi for Jong Suk’s birthday. But he was not able to give it to him because Jong Suk distant his self to him. Woo Bin told me not to tell Jong Suk but I couldn’t just let them be mad to each other like that. So I told Jong Suk, and he ran to Woo Bin’s house. And when I got to Woo Bin’s house, they were already laughing and making jokes to each other.” So Ra said smiling.

“They made up already?” Shin Hye asked unsatisfied.

“Neh. I immediately came to Woo Bin’s house when I heard the news that Lee Na Young just married her long-time boyfriend Won Bin. And when I got there, they already seen the news and they were actually laughing to themselves.” She said ending her story.

“That was it? Oh my God, that was so petty to not talk to each other for a long time. You were that childish back in college.” Shin Hye said in disbelief.

“There was another one. When we were on the last year of college, a transfer student, came to my class and because of my friendly attitude, I became friends with her. I introduce her to both of them. And Jong Suk immediately had his eyes on her.” So Ra said smiling.

“It seems like Jong Suk easily falls for someone, you intend to get your heat hurt all the time.” Shin Hye commented. “So, who’s the girl?”

“You would not believe it. It was Se Young unni.” So Ra said looking at Jong Suk.

“Park Se Young unni? You two were the guys she was talking about back in college? Ah jinjja, what a small world.” Shin Hye said surprise.

“You know her?’ Jong Suk asked curiously.

“Neh, they are cousins. Shin Hye is pretty close with Se Young unni.” So Ra answered Jong Suk. “So, you already know the story?”

“Neh. But I didn’t have any idea that she was talking about them. Why didn’t you tell me?” Shin Hye asked Woo Bin looking straight to his eyes.

“It was just a misunderstanding and not important to even tell you. Anyway, it was already in the past and has nothing to do with us.” Woo Bin explained.

“I was laughing so hard when Se Young unni was telling me that story. She felt so guilty that you two fought because of her.” Shin Hye said laughing of the memory.

“Neh, me too. And because of their childish attitude, they end up not talking until after college. Woo Bin went to New York to continue his study and Jong Suk went to Japan to help Ji Sung oppa with their business.” She said sadly.

“How would I know that Woo Bin was just consoling her? They were pretty close to each other when I saw them.” Jong Suk said in defense.

“Well, I wasn’t really consoling her, I was convincing her to break up with her boyfriend so I could court her.” Woo Bin said in honesty.

“But she ended up going back to her boyfriend and leaving you two not talking to each other. If it any consolation, she really felt guilty about that.” Shin Hye said smiling.

Shin Hye was laughing the whole time, listening to their story when they were studying. It made her know more about Woo Bin and how he was back then. She sure made a great choice and happy that he’s with her. But what is this she’s feeling? The more he knew about Jong Suk the more she’s curious about him.

So Ra intently reading Jong Suk’s body movements and his every reaction every time Shin Hye talks or do something with Woo Bin and she’s sure that there is something that she can’t even tell because she’s afraid that it might come true. So Ra is a psychologist, that’s why she knows how to read people by just looking at their movement. She really hope that she made a mistake right now and Jong Suk is not in love with his best friend girlfriend. She doesn’t want her friends to fight over a girl again and especially because it is Shin Hye that is in the middle.

 

So Ra, Shin Hye and Woo Bin came home after meeting Jong Suk. Shin Hye insisted Woo Bin to buy her favorite strawberry cake for dessert. So Ra entered the house first and saw his husband and father-in-law in the living room chatting.

“We’re home.” She said walking straight to his husband to give him a kiss.

“Sorry we took a while.” Woo Bin said bowing to Mr. Park.

“It’s okay. You should change, dinner will be ready soon.” Mr. Park said.

“I’ll take this cake in the kitchen, you can go ahead and change.” Shin Hye said to Woo Bin.

“I’m coming with you.” So Ra said following Shin Hye to the kitchen.

“Ah, you’re here. Wanna taste this?” Mrs. Park said and give a spoon to So Ra to taste the red bean soup that she’s cooking.

“Hhmm, eomma this is great. Huh, I miss this taste. I really love your cooking. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help you cook dinner. I promise I will help you tomorrow.” So Ra said swearing using her right hand.

“It’s okay dear, I’m happy that you enjoy my cooking. I will teach you this recipe, so you can cook it for Hae Jin when you come back to San Francisco.” Mrs. Park said transferring the soup to a bowl.

“You don’t need to exert more effort on cooking, Hae Jin oppa doesn’t really eat in the house, right? Because of his work schedule.” Shin Hye said understanding his brother work.

“Neh, but I still want to learn and make him a lunchbox so he doesn’t need to eat the hospital food.” She said nodding her head.

“That’s a great idea, he will fall for you more if you do that. Hae Jin loves home cook meal.” Mrs. Park agreed.

“Appa, aren’t you getting tired attending all the patients in your clinic? I think you should just retire and rest.” Hae Jin said worriedly.

“Ah, that’s nonsense. I will be sick if I just stayed here. Don’t worry about me, I enjoy looking out for my patients, it’s not a big deal. I’ve been doing this even before I met your mother.” Mr. Park said assuring his son.

“Good evening abeoji, hyung. Eomma made some rice cake and she wants me to give it to you.” Yong Hwa said entering the front door.

“Ah, Yong Hwa-yah, come in.” Hae Jin said.

“You can bring that straight to the kitchen, Shin Hye is in there too.” Mr. Park said to Yong Hwa, who walk straight to the kitchen.

“Eomoni, eomma wants me to give you this rice cake that she made.” Yong Hwa said putting the rice cake to the kitchen table.

“Ah gomawo Yong Hwa-yah. Dinner is ready soon, why don’t you just here with us?” Mrs. Park offered.

“Kansahamnida eomoni, but eomma is preparing dinner too, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin are staying with us.” He answered.

“What about Jong Hyun?” Shin Hye said sipping an orange juice in a glass.

“He’s staying with Jong Suk in the hotel.” He answered getting the glass of orange juice from Shin Hye’s hand and drinks it.

“Why don’t you take some of this soup? So Ra, can you help me pack some soup?” Mrs. Park said pointing the bowl to So Ra.

“Neh, eomma.” So Ra said getting the bowl.

“Kansahamnida eomoni.” Yong Hwa said.

“Yong, Geun Suk oppa is here. I met him in the airport when I was waiting for Woo Bin and I think you need to prepare yourself, he’s pretty mad about you not contacting him.” Shin Hye said giving Yong Hwa a stool.

“Ah, I am too busy that I can’t even reply to his messages. I was planning to call him before coming here but I forgot. What should I do?” Yong Hwa said worriedly.

“I don’t know. This is pretty serious because he even said that you seem forget that he’s your hyung and its better that he doesn’t disturb you anymore.” Shin Hye said in a serious face.

“He said that? I should call him now.” He said getting something in his pocket. “I forgot my phone, give me your phone. Palli, I need to call hyung before I get into trouble with him.” He said nervously.

Shin Hye is trying to hold on to her laugh but she failed and laugh hard holding her stomach. “Miane, I was just trolling you.” She said keeps on laughing.

“Yah! I should have known.” Yong Hwa said and pinch her cheeks.

“Apeu. That hurts.” She said rubbing her cheeks with her hands. “But he was really pretty upset because you don’t contact him but I already explained it to him. He understood but you still need to make it up to him.” She said trying to make him feel better after trolling him.

“Is he coming tomorrow?” he asked sipping the orange juice.

“Of course he won’t miss eomma and appa’s anniversary. He always free his schedule at this time every year.” She said proudly.

“I should go.” He said finishing the orange juice.

“Neh and think how will you make it up to Geun Suk oppa. Don’t forget the soup.” Shin Hye said handing him the bowl of soup.

“Kansahamnida eomoni. I should get going.” He said and walk out of the kitchen followed by Shin Hye.

“Yah, where are you going?” So Ra asked.

“I’ll check on Woo Bin is he needs something.” She said and walk straight to Woo Bin’s room.

Woo Bin just finish his showering and now changing his clothes. He was almost finish when he heard Shin Hye calling his name from the door. He immediately removed his shirt that he just wore and answered to Shin Hye to come in.

“Aren’t you done yet?” Shin Hye asked after seeing Woo Bin shirtless.

“No. Wanna help me wear this?” he asked giving her the shirt that he just removed.

“Aigo. I know that you’re already done when I knocked on your door, but you purposely removed your shirt when you heard me called.” She said busting him.

“Am I that obvious?” he asked walking closer to her.

Shin Hye gets the shirt. “See? It’s inside out.” She said putting it on to Woo Bin.

“Is that so? But you still put it on in me anyway.” He said and wraps his arm around her.

“Because it is dangerous when you’re shirtless.” She said pulling away from him. “Let’s go out, dinner is ready.”

“Aren’t you going to change?” he said fixing his hair.

“I’ll change after dinner.” She answered pulling his hand to go out.

“Wait.” He stopped her and suddenly pulled her to his arm and kisses her lips.

Shin Hye was really surprise she answered his kiss anyway. “We should get out now before eomma comes here.” She said and pulled him out of the room.

 

Yong Hwa came home thinking hard on how to make it up with Geun Suk. He didn’t mean to ignore his messages but he was into finishing their album that he could not even check his phone. Even her mother is worrying about him for not answering her calls. He was into his thought that he didn’t notice the five man sitting in the living room and went straight to the kitchen to give her mother the soup that Mrs. Park gave him.

“Where are Min Hyuk and Jung Shin?” Yong Hwa his mother as soon as he was back to earth.

“You didn’t see them in the living room? They are with your appa. Jong Hyun and his brother are there too.” Mrs. Jung said while preparing the table for dinner.

“Ah, I thought he could not come for dinner?’ he asked walking in to the living room.

“Yah hyung. What’s up with you? I was calling you when you came in but you seem lost in your own thoughts.” Jung Shin said moving to give Yong Hwa a space to sit.

“Yong, I asked Jong Suk here to come with us climbing when he’s not busy.” Mr. Jung said smiling.

“Yes, you should try it, it’s fun and it will help you release you stress.” Yong Hwa said agreeing to his father. “By the way, I thought you can’t come for dinner?” he asked Jong Hyun.

“Yes because hyung said that he’s going to buy dinner but he forgot and I don’t wanna eat the hotel food.” Jong Hyun said shaking his head.

“I already said sorry, and what’s wrong with the hotel food?” Jong Suk said trying to ask the obvious.

“Hyung, we travel a lot and we can’t go out to eat dinner because of the fans following us. So, we don’t have a choice but to eat the hotel food. And it started to taste the same and we are sick of it.” Jung Shin said honestly.

“Oh yeah, I forgot. That’s why you always comes home to eat when you have time.” He said remembering what his mother said.

“Are you coming tomorrow? Woo Bin is there already. You’re friends with Woo Bin and Shin Hye anyway, so I think you should come.” Yong Hwa said trying to .

“No, he’s not coming. He needs to go somewhere to meet a friend.” Jong Hyun immediately answered for his brother.

“You’re friends with our Shin Hye’s boyfriend? Ah, the world is really small. So how long have you known each other?” Mr. Park asked curiously.

“We’ve been friends since I can remember. We grew up together and studied at the same school from nursery to college.” He answered smiling.

“Ah, that’s great, so you’re like real brothers like Jong Hyun. So, do you think he’s good enough with our Shin Hye? Shin Hye is like a daughter to us so we really care about him. I wanted Yong Hwa to marry her but it seems like they just love each other’s as siblings.” Mr. Jung said sincerely.

“Appa, stop it. Let’s not put Jong Suk in this situation. He’s friend with Woo Bin, of course he will say that he is the right guy for her.” Yong Hwa said emphasizing the words ‘right guy for her’.

“Neh, abeoji. I think Woo Bin hyung is really suitable for Shin Hye to be her husband.” Jong Hyun agreed looking at his almost angry brother because of what he said.

“Appa, guys come here and let’s eat.” Mrs. Jung called just the right time when Jong Suk is ready to kill his brother.

Jong Hyun jumped from his chair and run to the kitchen as soon as he sees his brother killer look.

 

After dinner, Shin Hye went straight to her room to have a shower and to change her clothes. He left Woo Bin in the living room with her father and her brother while her mother and So Ra were left in the kitchen to decide on the menu for tomorrow’s occasion. She was dressing up when she suddenly thought of Geun Suk coming tomorrow.

‘Geun Suk oppa will definitely tease me tomorrow and will say stupid things to scare Woo Bin away. I need to tell Woo Bin-ah about him before they meet tomorrow. I’m sure Geun Suk oppa will not let Woo Bin passed that easy. He will definitely plan something with Yong Hwa or Hae Jin oppa. But I haven’t hear Hae Jin oppa talk to him, is he already making plans with Yong Hwa on how to sabotage Woo Bin? Ah jinjja, I need to call Yong.’ She said talking to herself in front of the mirror.

She quickly put on her shirt and picked up her phone on the study table. She’s thinking on what to say before dialing Yong Hwa’s number.

 

Yong Hwa and the other four guys are in the backyard garden having some drinking sessions. Min Hyuk is already dizzy after finishing 2 cans of beer. Jung Shin is already talking so much after opening his 3rd can. Jong Hyun is already red like a tomato with 4 bottles of beer. Jong Suk is already feeling tipsy without even finishing his one can. And Yong Hwa is still in his normal mode after 5 cans. Yong Hwa was about to get inside to get another set of six packs when his phone rings.

“Ah Shin Hye.” He said anxiously. “Neh?”

As soon as Jong Suk heard Shin Hye’s name, he accidentally dropped his can of beer.

“Are you okay? You haven’t finish a can and you’re already drunk.” Yong Hwa commented almost laughing.

“What happened?” Shin Hye asked worriedly.

“It’s Jong Suk-ah. He dropped the beer in his hand, I think he’s drunk already.” Yong Hwa said to Shin Hye.

“Jong Suk-ah is in your house?” She said that makes her heart suddenly beats fast.

“Neh. They ate dinner here and we’re just having some boys’ hour. What do you want?” He asked looking at Jong Suk who is wiping his wet pants.

“Hyung I’ll get the six packs.” Jung Shin volunteered.

“Did Geun Suk oppa, called you already? You’re not planning anything for Woo Bin-ah, are you?” she asked worriedly.

“We’re not. He hasn’t call me yet. And here I am thinking that you planned something to get even with me. But as you know Geun Suk hyung, he won’t let anyone take his future wife. How will she fulfill eomoni’s wish if you marry someone else?” Yong Hwa said forgetting that Jong Suk is hearing him.

“Yah, don’t say such thing. Ah, I need to tell Woo Bin about him before they meet.” She said and ended the call.

‘Ah jinjja, this girl, after getting what she wants she’ll just press the end button. She didn’t even say thank you or goodbye.’ Yong Hwa said thinking out loud.

Jong Suk suddenly felt something in his heart. What is it? Who are they talking about? Is he Shin Hye’s ex-boyfriend? Is he coming tomorrow to see her? With all the curiosity in his mind and the sudden pain in his heart, he unconsciously opened a new can of beer and drink half of it in one go.

“Yah, hyung take it easy. I will not carry you all the back to the hotel.” Jong Hyun said tapping his brother’s back.

 

Shin Hye went downstairs to the living room but Woo Bin is no longer there. She went straight to his room and saw him fixing his bed. Shin Hye knocked but Woo Bin didn’t hear her, so she just helped herself and came in. When Woo Bin saw her coming a smile immediately form in his face.

“Ah, you’re done. Help me with that side.” Woo Bin said pointing on the other side of the bed.

“Aren’t you tired?” Shin Hye asked looking at him.

“I was but when I saw you I’m alright. I will never get tired when you’re beside me.” He said walking to her side and seated on the bed.

“So, should I just stick myself in your side like this?” she said sitting closer to his side and wrapping her arms on his body.

“Ani. It should be like this.” Woo Bin turned her and knocked her down on the bed, that makes him lying on top of her.

“Yah, eomma might come here.” She said resisting to Woo Bin.

“Let’s just stay like this for a bit. I just wanna see your face and do this.” He suddenly kisses that made Shin Hye moan.

They stayed like that for a while, kissing and teasing each other when Woo Bin’s phone rings.

“Your phone is ringing.” Shin Hye said letting go of the kiss.

“Stupid phone. Where is it?” Woo Bin said looking around the bed.

“It’s in your pocket.” Shin Hye said pointing to his pocket.

Woo Bin seated on the bed and pulled his phone in his pocket. He looked on the caller ID and immediately stood up when Shin Hye was about to check who’s calling and pressed the reject button.