Zigzag

Crossroads

Its 3 o’clock in the afternoon and Woo Bin came early to Shin Hye’s apartment. Shin Hye is preparing while Woo Bin is busy watching baseball. He wants to talk to her about his trip to China next week, but contemplating if he should tell her about Mr. Chan’s niece, Angela. Sure, Shin Hye is not the jealous type but he doesn’t know how she’ll react if they will meet in China. He knew that he needs to tell her about last night dinner to prevent any misunderstanding about them, because he knew that his mother will eventually tell Shin Hye about Angela to insecure her, but he doesn’t know how to start. Shin Hye came out from her room holding two coats in his hand. A red Burberry compact wool military coat on her right hand and a black Burberry reverse collar shearling coat.

“What do you think? Red or Black?” she stands in Woo Bin’s front with the coats hanging on his both hands.

“Red. Why are you dressing up? It’s just a coffee with an old friend.” He asked curiously.

“Well, it’s the first time that I will meet an old friend of yours, so I should make an impression.” She smirks and placed the coats on the sofa.

“You don’t need to do that because you only have to please me not anyone else.” He grabs her and made her sit in his lap.

Shin Hye wraps her arm around his neck and pecks his lips. “Am I pleasing you right now?” she continues to pecks his lips.

“If you continue to do that, we might not make it to the coffeeshop.” Woo Bin holds her face with his hands and kisses her deeply.

“Wait.” Shin Hye looked at his eyes. “Something is up, spill it now or you’ll forever regret it.”

“Aish, you can read me that easily.” Woo Bin said disappointed and grabs the bottled water on the table and drinks it.

Shin Hye taps her fingers on his back waiting for him to talk.

“Last night, when I had a dinner with Mr. Chan and Mr. Li... Mr. Chan brought her niece with him and she kinda flirt with me the whole night.” He drinks water again.

Shin Hye is looking straight to his eyes while he was trying to avoid hers. “Is she beautiful? The truth.”

He finally looked at her in her eyes. “Yes.”

“Did you enjoy it? I mean the flirting.” She asked while caressing his shoulder.

“No. I was uneasy the whole time. Jong Kook hyung was trying to help me but she was so persistent that she will follow me even in the bathroom. It felt like my bladder was going to explode trying my best not to move from my seat. Jong Kook hyung was laughing hard when I told him that.” He shakes his head in disbelief.

Shin Hye laughs with his reaction. “You should not have done that, it’s not good for your body.”

“You’re not mad?” he tuck a lose hair on her ear.

“No. You’re a businessman and you’re going to meet a lot of hot woman that will want your attention but as long as you don’t enjoy it, I will not feel insecure. I trust you.” She kisses his lips.

“One more thing, I will be leaving next week for China. Mr. Li requested me to come and check the construction. I will leave on Tuesday and I want you to come with me.” He looks at her eyes.

She leans her head on his left shoulder. “I really want to go, but I don’t think Dr. Yoo will allow me to take more leave after I file for my parents anniversary. You will be back before that, right?” she looks at him.

“Of course, I just need to stay there for 4 days. I will be back Friday night.” He smiles at her.

“Ah, I’m going to miss you.” She leans her head on his shoulder again and heaved a sigh.

“I might meet Angela there too, Mr. Chan’s niece.” He hugs her tight.

“I know, that’s why you want me to come with you. But like I told you, I trust you and I know you will not let me down, right?” she face him and kisses his lips.

“Right. Ah, I just wanna be like this forever.” He kisses her deeply. “Should... I just... call... my friend... and just... meet him... some other time...” he said between kisses.

Shin Hye cupped his face with her hands. “I should get dress.” She stands and walks towards her room.

“Yah! Why are you doing this to me? Ah jinjja.” He shouted smiling.

 

Meanwhile at Lee House, Jong Suk is going downstairs looking for his mother before he leaves when he heard Jong Hyun talking to his manager over the phone. He walks to the kitchen to check if his mother is in there but he didn’t find her there. He went outside their back garden but she wasn’t there either, so he went back to the living room, and just in time that Jong Hyun finished his conversation on the phone.

“Ah jinjja, what should I do. Should I call Jung Shin to pick me up here? Ani, he’s with his mom. Min Hyuk is in his flower arrangement class.” He said to himself and seated on the sofa scratching his head.

“Jong Hyun-ah, where is eomma?” he asked while checking if he put his phone in his pants pocket.

“She went to Hwi Jae’s hyung house to visit the twins.” he said looking at his phone.

“Ok. I’m going then.” He said pulling out the car key in his pocket.

Jong Hyun noticed something in is key. “Hyung, what is that? I didn’t know you like those stuffs.” He eyed on his key.

“Ah this one.” He showed the key chain. “This is my raincheck token.” He smiles with the thought of Shin Hye.

“Ah, it’s from the doctor you met yesterday?” he said smirking. “So, you’re planning to meet again. I thought she has a boyfriend.”

“Well, I really don’t know if she has a boyfriend. I didn’t ask her, I just assumed that she has because of the ring and her phone conversation. But I was thinking maybe it’s just a random ring that she wears and maybe she was talking to her dad or her brother.” He said with a wide smile in his face.

“Well, I hope you’re right. Because I think you really like her to smile like that.” He teased.

“Neh. I guess I really like her, that’s why I’m planning to invite her for a lunch tomorrow. But I need to check if she’s there first.” He said winking at him.

“Why don’t you just call her now?” he said pointing in his phone on his pocket.

“I didn’t get her number.” He said thinking how dumb he was to not for her number.

“Well, good luck on that.” He winked back. “By the way, where are you going?”

“I’m going to meet Woo Bin-ah in the coffeeshop. Wae?” he asked curiously.

“Oh hyung, you’re my life saver. Can I have a ride? I’m going to meet Yong Hwa hyung there too, but Yoon hyung could not get me here and my car is in the shop.” He said with his ‘say-yes-please’ look.

“Ok, you drive then.” He smiles and tosses his key to Jong Hyun.

“Gomawo hyung.” He catches the key and stands from the sofa.

 

At the coffeeshop, Yong Hwa and Woo Bin are talking while waiting for the Lee brothers to come. It’s not a usual scene to see these guys sitting and talking with just the two of them, that’s why Krystal can’t keep smiling while glancing at their table. Woo Bin used to hate Yong Hwa for her closeness with Shin Hye. There was even a time when Woo Bin knocked down Yong Hwa’s door and made a fuss when he first learned that Shin Hye spend the night in his apartment. Shin Hye almost broke up with him with that if it’s not for Yong Hwa’s advice to let him understand their sibling like relationships. And as days goes by, Woo Bin started to understand and adjust to their relationship. They aren’t that close friend but at least they aren’t fighting anymore.

“My mom’s friend’s daughter just came from Paris and is staying here for a while. I think you should meet her.” He said leaning his back on his chair.

“No. I don’t have time for that. I’m too busy with my music. I don’t need someone bugging me. Your girlfriend is enough distraction for me.” He said looking at his phone.

“That’s why you really need to have a girlfriend. She won’t bug you that much if you have a girlfriend. She might even stop barging at your place.” He smirks.

“I doubt it. You know her well. She will bug me more if that happened. She will be jealous and might end up living in my place. Just get married so I will be free.” He gives him a wide smile.

“Ah, I really want that but we’re still working to get my mom’s approval.” He let out a heavy sigh.

“I really don’t know what it is about money and power that makes people greedy.” He drinks his ice Americano. “Are you going to eomma and abeoji’s anniversary?”

“Neh. We’ll leave when I come back from China. What about you?” he straitening his posture on his chair.

“Neh. I should go home to visit my mom anyway. And Shin Hye will never leave me alone if I won’t come.” He looked at his phone.

“Why do you keep on looking at your phone? Are you waiting for someone’s call?” he asked curiously.

“Yes. I’m waiting for Yoon hyung’s call. I’m going to check these land rover jeep, I’m planning to buy one.” He replied excitedly.

“Ah jinjja? You don’t even drive much but you’re going to buy another car.” He crossed his arms on his chest.

“But I really love this jeep. Shin Hye and I were watching top gear and they feature this rover and I was like ‘I’m going to buy that’. I asked Yoon hyung to look for that same model.” He drinks his ice Americano.

“Oh yeah, I remember Shin Hye mentioning that if she will have a chance she will buy a land rover jeep. You really are very compatible and I envy you for that.” He shakes his head.

“Because Shin Hye is like my brother.” He laughs with what he said.

“Ah jinjja, she’s like a brother to you? That makes me really secure now.” They both laugh with their words.

“By the way, why aren’t you with her?” he asked.

“She has an emergency. Kim Soo Hyun called her earlier.” He answered.

 

At the hospital, Shin Hye finished calming Mr. Kim who was refusing to take his medicine earlier. He became fond of Shin Hye since the incident of him sneaking out. He keeps refusing to take his medicine unless Shin Hye will be the one who’ll give him the medicine.

“Yah, you look so y with that jean and coat. Where are you going?” Soo Hyun said while looking at her from head to toe.

“Jinjja? We’re going to meet Woo Bin-ah’s friend.” She gives him a cute smile.

“Don’t give me that smile, or I might kidnap you right now and drive you to my mom.” He pinched her nose.

“Yah! I told you to drop that idea of yours.” She shouted at him.

Soo Hyun put his right arm on her waist. “Miane.” He smiles at her. “Ah, I should have just dated you back in college. Why didn’t I date you back then again?”

Shin Hye looked at him. “Because you were dumb?” she laughs.

“Yeah, I guess I was back then.” He heaved a heavy sigh.

“But seriously, even though the whole university thought that we were dating, I could not imagine having that kind of relationship with you.” She said while walking to the corridor.

“Why not?” he looked at her eyes.

“Because we were so close, like how my relationship with Yong Hwa. We sleep on the same bed, eat on one plate, and we can even drink to each other’s glass without hesitation. If we dated back then I think we can’t be like this today. For me, our friendship is more important than having a relationship.” She explains smiling.

Soo Hyun moves her arm to her shoulder from her waist. “You’re right. We might have broken up and have an awkward relationship right now.”

“Exactly.” She gives him a warm smile.

“Ah, Kim Woo Bin is so lucky to have you.” He let out a small sigh.

 

Woo Bin and Yong Hwa keeps on talking about their stuffs, Jong Hyun and Jong Suk just enter the coffeeshop. Almost the entire woman inside the coffeeshop turns to look at these two tall brothers that have a pale white skin. Woo Bin laughs as he heard the scream of the fangirls outside.

“I think the Lee brothers are here.” He said to Yong Hwa and pointed at the entrance.

“Ah, finally.” Yong Hwa waves his hand for Jong Hyun and Jong Suk to come over.

“Hyung, miane I’m late.” He said bowing his head to Yong Hwa. “Woo Bin hyung, how are you?” he said while sitting beside Yong Hwa.

“Yah, you don’t have the time to sit, we should go before the fans covered the whole coffeeshop.” Yong Hwa said while standing from his chair.

“Can I have a coffee first?” Jong Hyun said pouting.

“Nope. We should really get going.” He grabs Jong Hyun to stand in his chair. “See you around.” He said to both Woo Bin and Jong Suk. “I really wanna sleep peacefully tonight, so please don’t let your girlfriend barge into my place.” He whispered to Woo Bin.

“Don’t worry I’ll keep her busy tonight.” He winks to him.

Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun leave the coffeeshop and left Woo Bin and Jong Suk, who are now sitting across each other.

“How are you? You seem happy.” Woo Bin said smirking.

“Don’t give me that smirk. We haven’t seen each other for more than a year. You didn’t even contact me after you left with that girl on your dad’s party.” Jong Suk raised an eyebrow.

“What girl? I thought you were the one who left with a girl after my dad’s party. I even drove you to her place because you were drunk.” He leans forward.

“How could that be when I didn’t even drink? You know I hate alcohol. Ah jinjja, what do you think your girlfriend will say if I mention what happened that night? Where is she anyway? I thought you’ll take her with you?” he looked around trying to find Woo Bin’s girlfriend.

“She’s not the jealous type, so it’s okay if you mention that. She has an emergency in the hospital. Her colleague called her when we got here. I think it’s one of her patients. She’ll be here after she took care of the situation there.” He drinks his coffee.

“Aigoo, I think you met your right partner, too much confident, ah. I can’t wait to meet her.” He gives him a wide smile.

“Neh, she’s the right one for me. What about you? Are you seeing someone right now?” he asked curiously.

“No. But I met this woman yesterday and I’m planning to ask her out for lunch tomorrow.” He said with a wide smile in his face.

“Ah jinjja, that’s why you look so happy. I’m glad you got over your past. Is she still bugging you?” He smiles back to him.

“Yes, she keeps on sending me messages and she even calls my secretary to check on my schedule. I really don’t know what to do to her.” He heaved a heavy sigh.

“Ah, I really don’t wanna deal with that kind of ex. They are becoming like stalkers, but you can’t ignore her forever.” He said trying to comfort him.

“I know, I just don’t wanna deal with her right now.” He said annoyingly.

“So, who’s this lucky woman? What’s her name?” he asked.

“She’s a doctor. Her name...”

Jong Suk didn’t finish talking when Sin Hye came rushing to their table.

“Ah miane, I needed to do some negotiation in the hospital.” She said catching her breath when she sees Jong Suk’s plastered face. “Ah, Lee Jong Suk-ssi?”