Red Light

Crossroads

The atmosphere at the restaurant suddenly became serious and quiet with the two talking about marriage. Woo Bin has always been thinking of marrying Shin Hye, but he never realized that he's going to spill the question tonight. He was originally planning to propose after he convinced his mother, that Shin Hye is the perfect woman for him and after she gets her approval.

"Aisshh. I am serious here." he put his hands on the table.

"I am serious here too." putting the napkin on the table.

"Did you realized that your mom will die if she heard what you just asked me? As much as I want to spend forever with you, I can't live knowing that your mom opposed to that idea. I cannot bring the burden of your mother's death to my conscience." she winks at him.

"Arasso. But threatening her to leave will no longer work. So there is only this one thing that we can do to get her approval." he cross his arms on his chest and gives her a serious look.

"Jinjja? What is it?" she looks at him curiously.

"You should get pregnant. She will never say no to a..." he never gets to finish his words when Shin Hye throws in his face the napkin in front of her.

"Pyontae! That will never happened!" she looks at him with her big round eyes.

"That's  a very good..." she waved her index finger in his front.

"Andwe! Stop that nonsense if you don't want to die right now." she twitches her lips and gives him a sulk face.

"Arasso. Why are you so cute when you sulk?" he pinches her face with both hands.

Jong Hyun went to his brother's office to give him the food that their mother made. His brother has been living in the office for the past two weeks and his mother has been worrying about him, so she asked Jong Hyun to check on him. He's been burying his self from work since he broke up with his girlfriend six months ago, and decided to stay in the little room in his office two weeks ago. He doesn't want to see her mother's pity gaze everytime she looks at him, and the never ending apology everytime he sees her.

"Hyung, eomma is really worried about you. Why don't you just go home?" Jong Hyun said while putting the food that he brought on the small table in his brother's office.

"I told you already, I don't want to see her feeling sorry for me. I just could not take that." Jong Suk said while hanging his coat on the stand.

"It's just normal hyung, she's our mother. But anyway, I already talked to her about that and she said she won't say anything anymore." he said putting the bag aside where the food was put in.

"Is that so?" he sits across his brother.

"I think she's about to get sick worrying about you." he hands him a chopstick.

"Ok, I'll try to get home tomorrow." he smiles at him and put a piece of meat in his mouth.

"Ah jinjja hyung? Komapta." he hands him the bowl of kimchi.

"How's your band doing? I heard your planning to release a new album." he eats some kimchi.

"Oh, how did you know that?" Jong Hun was shcoked by his hyung's information.

"My secretary, Mrs. Kim is a big fan of your band." he drinks some water from the bottle.

"We are in the middle of composing new songs. Actually it is Yong Hwa hyung who is doing most of the composing. But we are resting for a few days cause Jung Shin injured his arm." he grabs a chopstick too and eat a meat.

"Is he alright?" he hands Jong Hyun the bowl of napa cabbage.

"Neh. By the way, I saw Woo Bin hyung in the hospital." he wraps a piece of meat with the napa cabbage.

"Hospital? What happened to him?" he put down his chopstick and gives his brother a serious look.

"He's fine. He was just waiting for his girlfriend, who is a doctor there." he explained.

The brothers continue to talk about Jong Hyun's music and the collection that Jong Suk is working on. Yes, they own the popular clothing brand "Leeshoppe". Their father died a year ago, so Jong Suk left with no choice but to take over the family business as the eldest son. Before their father died, he was into expanding their business to neighboring country, that Jong Suk continue to work on until now. They are currently playing in the Japanese and Chinese market with the help of Jong Hyun's band.

"Yah. You said mom prepared these food for me but you almost finish them." Jong Suk noticed and point his chopstick on the empty bowls.

"Mian. They are so delicious I could not help myself. Here." he offered him the last piece of kimbap.

"Aish..." Jong Suk is sulking while chewing the kimbap.

After they finished eating, Jong Hyun is cleaning the table and putting the empty bowls back into the bag, while Jong Suk is sitting on his office chair reading some documents that Mrs. Kim left on his table when his phone rings. He looked at his phone screen and swipe the call to the red corner. His phone kept on ringing for like six times but he kept on rejecting it, and Jong Hyun could not take it anymore.

"Hyung, why don't you just answer it? I don't think she'll stop calling you just because you're not answering it." Jong Hyun looked at his brother's direction.

"There's nothing to say, so why would I answer her calls." he managed to avoid Jong Hyun's eyes.

"Don't you wanna know what she has to say? I think you should just talk to her and just end whatever it is that you have and get the closure that you need so you can move on."Jong Hyun walks towards Jong Suk.

"There is nothing to talk about, it already ended six months ago, and I don't need a closure, I was the one who broke up with her." he looked at Jong Hyun and shrugged his shoulders.

"Ok. Whatever you say hyung, but I really think you should talk to her. I should get going. Eomma might be waiting for me, I will tell her that you're coming home tomorrow." he grabs the bag from the table.

"Be careful on driving." Jong Suk put down the document that he was reading on his desk.

Jong Hyun was about to close the door when he turn his back and look at Jong Suk. "By the way hyung, you seriously need to shave and get a new haircut. You look like an ajussi with those hair face and your hair. Good night." Jong Hyun closed the door fast before even Jong Suk throws the ballpen to him.

"That jerk." he comb his hair with his fingers and feels the growing hair in his upper lip and chin. "He has a point."

He was about to go to the bathroom to check his face when he accidentally tap his phone on the table. He grabs the phone and the missed calls appeared on the screen. He thought of what his brother said and call the culprit of his misery.

"Suzy, it's me. Let's meet at the coffeeshop at 4pm tomorrow." he said on the other line coldly.