Dead End

Crossroads

Woo Bin decided to go to the hospital to pick up Shin Hye after talking to Jong Kook. He would never be prepared to hear what she’s going to say but they need to talk and he just need to hear everything. He was the one who asked her to talk anyway so he just need to get over it. He walked in to the Doctor’s lounge but she was not there.

“Hey, do you know where Dr. Park is?” he asked one of the nurse who passed by.

“I think I saw her in the garden.” the young nurse answered.

“Thank you.” He said and just disappeared.

A group of young students gathered around Woo Bin as he was on his way to the garden. Most of them were asking on if he’s a model. The other were sure that he’s a model with his built. The new nurses joined the young students in dissecting Woo Bin’s face. Their attention was diverted when a bunch of security entered. One of the student shouted that there might be an idol to where the securities were going, so they followed them.

Woo Bin heave a sigh of relief as the girls around her disappeared one by one. He reached the garden just in time to see when Jong Suk leaned closer to Shin Hye. He clutched his right fist and ran towards them and punch Jong Suk right away.

“You bastard!” Woo Bin cursed and tried to land another punch on his face but Shin Hye stopped him.

“Stop it! You’re in my place of work.” She said as she grabbed Woo Bin’s arm.

“I’m going to kill you. I treated you as my friend but how did you do this to me?” he said trying to let go of Shin Hye’s tight grab. “How long have you been cheating on me with this bastard?” he asked looking down at her with anger.

“Woo Bin-ah, I fell in love with her when I first saw her but I didn’t know that she’s your girlfriend.” Jong Suk explained still rubbing his face.

“Please stop it. Woo Bin-ah let’s go and talk.” She said dragging him away from Jong Suk.

Jong Suk was in an awe still rubbing his cheek. This is what he’s afraid of, putting her in a more complicated situation. Shin Hye looked back as she and Woo Bin are walking away, giving Jong Suk a reassuring smile that everything will be okay. He wanted to grab her hand and run away with her or to come with them just to make sure she’ll be safe. Jong Suk didn’t smile or say anything, he just stood there looking at her until she disappeared from his eyesight.

 

Shin Hye and Woo Bin reached her apartment in silence. Woo Bin sat on the couch trying to calm himself while Shin Hye walked to the kitchen to drink some water. She took a glass of water with her to give to Woo Bin. Woo Bin grabbed the glass of water but didn’t drink it, instead he press the glass harder to his hand until the glass broke and the water spilled all over his bloody hand. Shin Hye shouted in shocked and ran to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Shin Hye scolded as she press on the towel to his hand. “You think hurting yourself will make the situation easier?” she added.

“Why with my friend? I could have taken it, but why Jong Suk?” Woo Bin said with pain in his voice and with his head down.

“I don’t know. When we met I didn’t know that you’re friends. I only knew that he’s your friend when you took me to meet him in the restaurant and I think it goes the same with him.” She explained now treating his hand with antiseptic.

“How long it has been going on? How long have you been seeing each other in my back?” he asked trying to suppress his emotion so he won’t break down when he hears her honest answer.

“I don’t know, but we started to get close when you went to China. We accidentally met for a few times in Hwi Jae’s oppa and with Yong Hwa. I really wanted to be friends with him because he’s your friend but I didn’t expect it to be like this.” She explained.

“To be like what? You didn’t expect that you’re going to fall for him? Now you’re in love with him?” he asked pulling his hand away from her.

“Yah! Let me put a bandage to it first.” She said grabbing his hand. “Don’t put words into my mouth. All I know is that I really wanna be with you but every time we’re together I always think about him. And lately when I look at you, I couldn’t get the image of you and that girl out of my mind. I don’t even know what I’m feeling anymore.” She said calmly but with a sad tone.

“And so now it’s my fault. It’s because of what happened with me and Joo Yeon? It was just a one night thing that I couldn’t even remember because I was so drunk.” Woo Bin admitted.

“What did you just say? One night thing?” She asked with a shaky voice trying her best to keep the tears fall from her eyes.

Woo Bin was surprise by what he just said too. He didn’t wanna say it like that but it slipped in his mouth. He stayed quiet thinking how to recover from what he just spill.

“Can you please repeat what you just said?” she asked again with her shaky voice.

“It’s true that something happened with me and Joo Yeon. I was so drunk and I don’t remember anything but she showed me pictures. I’m sorry Shin Hye, I promise I didn’t know how it happened. I was in a bar and she was there and the next day she was claiming that something happened between us and she’s all over me. I’m sorry, jeongmal miane.” Woo Bin said now tears falling from his eyes.

Shin Hye stood up and pick up the first aid kit to put back to its original place. She didn’t say anything but tears are falling non-stop from her eyes. She sat on the toilet bowl cover crying. It hurts so much that she just wanna disappear, she doesn’t want to see Woo Bin so she locked herself in the bathroom. What is she going to do now? How is she going to take this new information that Woo Bin just spilled?

She stayed there for quite some time until her crying stopped. Woo Bin is already worried as he doesn’t hear her cry anymore. He stood up and knocked on the bathroom door. “Shin Hye-ah, come on out and let’s talk. Please Shin Hye-ah.” He begged.

Shin Hye cleaned up her face and took a deep sigh before opening the door. As soon as she open the door Woo Bin hugged her tight that made her tears fall from her face again. She didn’t say anything and just hugged back him. They stay like that for a while and both of them were sobbing, until finally she let go of the embrace.

She walked to the living room and seated on the couch while Woo Bin seated facing her.

“Your mom sent me this.” She said testing the water.

“What?” he asked curiously.

Shin Hye hand him her phone. “I didn’t open them because I wanted the truth to come directly with you. But I didn’t know that it will hurt like this.” She said with her now calm voice.

“Miane Shin Hye-ah. Should I just delete them?” he asked after browsing the pictures.

“Neh.” She agreed.

“I would never forgive myself from hurting you. I wasn’t in my right mind but I swear I didn’t mean to hurt you. If I could just turn back time, I would never left your side.” He said with regret.

“Don’t say that, I don’t want you to blame yourself because I did wrong too. I’m really sorry too.” She apologized.

“No. It was all my fault. If I didn’t leave I would never be in that bar and you wouldn’t go out that night. Things would have never been this complicated.” He said still blaming himself.

“Stop saying that, it wasn’t anyone’s fault. Things happened and we can never undo them. All we need to do is to move forward.” She explained.

“What do you mean?” he asked worriedly. “Are you going to break up with me? You know I will never let that happened. I will never let you go.” He protested.

“You already did. We both let go each other’s hand when we did what we did.” She said that makes the two of each quiet for a while.

“So you think breaking up is a solution?” he asked with a loud voice.

“Don’t shout at me, I didn’t say that. We are in this relationship together so we should decide what we are going to do with this relationship together too.” She said with tears forming in her doe eyes.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I have trust in this relationship and with you so please don’t break up with me. I will never do it again, so please let’s give this relationship another chance.” He begged with his shaky voice.

“Trust?” she asked looking at Woo Bin. “I don’t think you trust me. Because if you do, you would wait for me here to talk and you wouldn’t send Jong Kook oppa in Busan to spy on me.” She added.

Woo Bin turned his eyes away from hers and didn’t know what to say.

“I knew you had Jong Suk phone when you left it on my room and Suzy called and said something not knowing that I was the one on the other line. You lied and didn’t tell me that Jong Suk forgot his phone. You didn’t wanna talk to me and I just need to know the truth.” He explained.

“And you think that I will not tell you the truth that’s why you sent Jong Kook oppa there? Is that what you call trust?” she asked with a deep sigh before continuing. “Yes, you’re right I lied to you. I didn’t have any reason to lie to you but I didn’t even know why I didn’t tell you about the phone.” She added.

“When do we start to keep things from each other? We used to not say things that aren’t important in our relationship but it seems like the opposite now. We are lying to each other when we don’t even know why we are lying.” He agreed. “I lied to you too earlier. The meeting was cancelled but I didn’t know why I didn’t tell you about it.” He added.

“That’s exactly what I mean. Because of these things that we’d done, the trust has been broken. You think we can continue with this?” she asked while looking to his eyes. “I mean, we will always doubt each other when we aren’t together. I will always have the thought of you being with someone else when you’re far away, and I’m sure you feel the same way too. And we will end up being greedy and suffocating each other. And I don’t wanna hate because of that.” She added.

“And I don’t wanna do that to you. I’d rather see you happy with someone else than being with me and just hurting.” He said with a pain in his voice.

Shin Hye was quiet for a while trying to gather her courage. This isn’t what she was planning for when she was on her way back but things just have to happen the way they meant to. Without knowing it, tears are starting to fall from her eyes to her now fluffy face.

Woo Bin move closer to her and gave her a hug. “Ssinz, please don’t cry. I can’t take seeing you cry.” He comforted. “If we are really deciding to go our own separate ways, I just want you to now that I do love, I really love you and I will always love you. It may take time to but know that I will always acre and here for you.” He said now that he’s more clam and can think rationally.

“Me too.” she said while sobbing. “I’m really sorry.” She exclaimed.

“I’m really sorry too.” He said and let go of the hug to face her.

“How are you going to tell abeoji and eomoni? I’m sure they will be shock and disappointed.”  He asked worriedly.

“I already told eomma and Hae Jin oppa before coming back. I only need to talk to appa but I think eomma already gave him a hint.” She said wiping her face.

Woo Bin helped her wipe her face. “Look what happened to your face, it’s all swollen and your eyes are red.” He commented smiling at her.

“Your eyes are red too.” She said letting out a small laugh.

“Do you want me to talk to abeoji so he won’t worry?” he offered.

“Ani. I will talk to him alone. I just need to find time to do it and I’m sure he’ll understand.” She assured him.

Woo Bin stood up. “I will get you a water.” He said and walked to the kitchen.

“You’re not going to abandon our friendship right? I can still see and talk to you right?” she asked worriedly.

“Of course. We were friends first before we decided to be together and we are still and will be friends always. But I don’t think I can see you after this. I need some time to get over this.” He disagreed and handed her a glass of water. “I need to be away from everything for a while. I want to be alone to think where I should go from here.” He added.

“I understand what you mean. We need to set new goals individually now.” She agreed.

“Neh.” He second.

Woo Bin left when he assured that Shin Hye is calm. He left her house with a heavy heart and doesn’t really know what to do next.

 

The four brothers’ of music are practicing in the FNC Studio for the release of their new album. Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun are all hyped up teasing Jung Shin while Yong Hwa is all quiet sitting on one of the speaker.

“Hyung are you okay?” Min Hyuk asked who just walked to his place. “I’d notice that you’ve been looking to your phone the whole time.” He added now sitting beside him.

“Are you waiting for someone to call?” Jong Hyun asked walking towards them with Jung Shin. “Are you hiding something from us?” Are you dating someone?” he asked curiously.

“You’re dating? Who? Do we know her? Is she an idol?” Jung Shin interrogated.

“Neh. I’m waiting for Hong Ki’s call. I’m worrying actually. Why is he not calling yet?” Yong Hwa said whose so focus on his phone that he hardly heard what Jong Shin asked.

“Mwo?! You’re dating Hong Ki hyung?” Jung Shin exclaimed in shock.

“I knew it. That’s why you two are so close and that’s why Hong Ki is so sweet on you when you’re together. You finally realized your feelings to each other.” Jong Hyun commented and gave Yong Hwa a pat on his right shoulder.

“But I thought it is Hong Ki hyung and Jae Jin? Woah, I could not believe it.” Min Hyuk said in disbelief.

“Yah!!! What are you talking about? Ah jinjja. You’re disgusting me. Aisshhh!!!” Yong Hwa said in annoyance.

“Ah, thank goodness hung. I thought I really need to worry about you.” Jung Shin said in relief and suddenly hug Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa pushed Jung Shin away from him. “Yah!”

“Then why are you worrying about Hong Ki? And why are you waiting for his call?” Jong Hyun asked curiously.

Yong Hwa fixed his shirt that crumpled due to Jung Shin. “I can’t tell you, but he’s in a special mission and he should be calling me right now.”

“So you’re on special force now? What mission is he in to?” Jong Hyun asked curiously.

“I can’t tell you yet.” Yong Hwa answered just in time when his phone rings. “Sorry, I need to take this. So could you please move over there?” He said pointing at the couch on the corner of the room.

“Ah jinjja. Are they planning to oust President Han?” Jung Shin asked to Jong Hyun.

“Molla.” Jong Hyun answered and followed the two boys in the couch.

“Is it bad? How is she?” Yong Hwa whispered over the phone.

“Yah! How is it going to be good when you just broke up with your fiancé? She’s been crying in the bathroom for an hour now.” Hong Ki said annoyingly. “I’ve been begging her to come out and talk to me but she locked herself.”

“Just let her be she’ll get tired eventually.” He suggested.

“Ah jinjja.” He said relief. “Aren’t you coming here yet? I don’t even know what to do here when she doesn’t even wanna talk.”

“Okay. I will try to talk her out.” He said before ending the call and walked to where the boys were sitting. “Let’s end our practice for tonight. I need to meet Hong Ki.” He said not trying to give details.

“Wae? Is something wrong hyung? Should we be worried or something?” The innocent Min Hyuk asked.

“I can’t tell you the details now but you don’t have to worry. I’ll see you tomorrow. Rest well.” He said before going out.

Jong Hyun is still suspicious of what is going with their hyung and Hong Ki. “Jung Shin, tell us what you know.” He instructed firmly.

“Neh. We know you know something because you are always with hyung. Palli and talk.” Min Hyuk second.

“I really don’t know what it is about but I heard him talking with Hong Ki hyung asking him to go to Shin Hye nunna’s place. But I’m not really sure though.” He explained.

“Wae? What happened to nunna?” Min Hyuk asked worriedly.

“I think it has something to do with Woo Bin hyung spying on nunna. I really don’t understand but that’s all I heard.” He said thinking hard if he forgets something “Ah right. Yong Hwa hyung said that they might broke up so Hong Ki hyung needs to go to her place first to see.” He finished.

“Nunna and Woo Bin hyung breaking up? Wae?” Min Hyuk asked confuse.

“Seolma! Can it be that…” Jong Hyun said thinking out loud.

“Wae? What is it? Do you know something?” Min Hyuk asked curiously.

“It’s nothing. I just remember that I’m going to eat dinner with eomma. So I should go first.” He said standing in his chair. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t think about it too much, like Yong Hwa hyung said we don’t have to worry.” He said before walking out.

“I think he knows something.” Min Hyuk exclaimed.

“Ah, those hyungs are so weird.” Jung Shin said puzzled.

As soon as Jong Hyun got out of the room he immediately pulled out his phone and dialed a number. “Hyung, where are you?”

“In the office. Wae?” Jong Suk asked while looking at some documents in his table.

“Can we have a dinner at home tonight?” Jong Hyun asked not trying to sound worried.

“What’s with you? I thought you’re going to have dinner with the boys?” Jong Suk asked curiously.

“Ah that, we finished the practice early and I’m on my way home now.” He explained.

“Ah I need to finish reviewing some documents, so I can’t make it to dinner. I might go home late.” He explained.

Jong Suk was really reviewing some documents for his trip to Japan but that didn’t took long to do. He was just trying to use that as an excuse to not go home early for his mother not to see the bruise in his left side mouth that Woo Bin punched earlier. He wanted to come home when everyone is sleeping and hope that it will fade in the morning or he needs to hide it with concealer.

“Is that so? I will see you in the morning then. I need to tell you something before you leave to Japan.” Jong Hyun said coolly.

“Alright.” He said before ending the call.

 

Yong Hwa is trying to talk Shin Hye out of the bathroom since she’s been there for some time and they are starting to worry about her. “Yah! If you won’t open this door I’m going to break it. I’m serious here Shin Hye-yah.” He warned.

“Shin Hye-yah, if you don’t wanna talk about it, it’s okay but please just get out of there. We are starting to worry about you.” Hong Ki begged.

“I will count to ten and if you won’t go out in there I’m going to call eomoni to force you out there.” Yong Hwa warned with his best weapon.

Shin Hye immediately open the door as soon as he heard Yong Hwa counts. “Yah, you don’t need to do that I’m out.” She said wiping her face.

“Ah jinjja why did I never thought about that?” Hong Ki said shaking his head. “Come on, let’s drink to drown whatever you’re feeling right now. Yong Hwa brought chicken and pizza.” Hong Ki said while pushing Shin Hye to the living room.

“I’m not really in a mood to drink or to eat. Can you just leave me alone for a while?” she asked while sitting on the couch.

“Yong Hwa call eomoni.” Hong Ki said to Yong Hwa.

“Okay. Okay. But I’m not going to say anything and I’m not going to get drunk.”

And with that said she finished two packs of beer in a blink of an eye and started to talk her heart out. With all the ranting and the loud cries, Yong Hwa and Hong Ki just listen and didn’t say anything. And when she got tired, she fell asleep on the couch.

“Should we just let her sleep here?” Yong Hwa asked rubbing the back of his neck in tiredness.

“Let’s move her to her room. It’s more comfortable in there than here.” Hong Ki said before they carry her to her room. “You should sleep too, I know you’re tired with your practice earlier. I’ll just be here to check on her. She might asked for water when she wakes up.” Hong Ki offered.

“Neh, I’m too tired my eyelids are too heavy. Wake me up when you need something or when you want to sleep so I could watch her.” He said while yawning.

“Don’t worry just go to sleep, I’m quiet used to this situation.” He said giving him a wink. “I will just lay here when I want to sleep.” He said tapping the couch.

 

Morning at the Lee’s house, Jong Suk woke up early to finalized the things he needed to bring. He couldn’t sleep last night thinking about Shin Hye. Is she alright? Did they fight? What did she tell to Woo Bin? And what did Woo Bin tell her? He wanted to call her when he arrived in their house but he decided that it might not be the good time.

After making sure that his stuffs are in place, he went out of his room to check on his brother.

“Ah I thought he wanted to talk to me. Yah! Jong Hyun-ah!” he said trying to wake the snoring Jong Hyun. “Ah maybe he was too tired, he’s even snoring.”

Jong Suk decided to let his brother sleep. Anyway, it is still too early and he can just talk to him before he leaves. It might not be important anyway because if it is important, he won’t leave him alone last night.

He went back to his room and saw his phone on his study table.

“Is it the right time to call? What if Woo Bin answers her phone? Or if she answers what will I say?” He said talking to himself while walking back and forth from the study table to his bed. “Ah molla, just do it.” He said finally settling down on his bed. “Wait, what will I say? I already said goodbye yesterday but why am I calling her? I will just make things more complicated.” He said finally decided not to call her and just lie down on his bed with his both hands at the back of his head looking at the empty ceiling.

Mrs. Lee went up to Jong Hyun’s room to wake him up. “Jong Hyun-ah wake up.” She called while shaking his shoulder.

“Eomma it’s too early. I don’t have a schedule this morning.” He protested pulling up his blanket to his head.

“Jung Shin already called twice, he said he needed to talk to you.” She said while opening the curtains to let the sunlight in.

“What about?” he asked finally opening his eyes to look at his mother.

“He didn’t say.” She said before leaving his room.

Jong Hyun searched for his phone under his blanket and found five missed calls and three messages from Jung Shin.

“Hyung, Min Hyuk said that Shin Hye nunna and Woo Bin hyung broke because of Jong Suk hyung. Is it true?” the first message said.

“He said Woo Bin hyung called him last night and he was drunk.” The second message said.

“Yah hyung, why aren’t you answering?” the last message said.

Jong Hyun jumped out of his bed finally remembering about last night and that he needed to talk to his brother. He walked out of his room barefoot and ran towards Jong Suk’s room. But Jong Suk isn’t there or even his luggage. He checked on the clock on the wall and it’s still early for his flight.

“Eomoni! Eomoni!” he called to his mother while running down the stairs.

“Yah, why are you running down the stairs? That’s dangerous. And why are you barefooted?” Mrs. Lee said coming out from the kitchen.

“Where is hyung?” he asked catching his breath.

“He left already. He wanted to check on your Bo Young nunna before leaving. Wae?” she asked curiously.

“Ah jinjja why didn’t he wake me up?” he said irritated.

“Wae? What’s wrong?” His mom asked now starting to worry.

“It’s nothing. I just wanted to ask him if I can borrow his Porsche 911 when I go dating.” He lied for their mother not to worry.

“You’re dating? Who? When will you take her here?” his mother now interrogated.

“I’m not but I might. I will tell you when I am.” He said before disappearing to his mother’s sight to escape the more queries.

 

Jong Suk dropped by the hospital to visit Bo Young before taking off to Japan. He bought his nunna a box of herbal juices to rejuvenate his energy.

Jong Suk told her about what happened in the hospital garden when Woo Bin saw Shin Hye with him and how frustrated he is not being able to call her. And how guilty he is for putting Shin Hye in that kind of situation. And how disappointed he is to himself for competing with his best friend again for a girl.

“Don’t make your life miserable and just call her.” Bo Young said boldly.

“But what if Woo Bin answered?” he asked hesitantly.

“Then it just means that you have to move on. It’s better than now knowing what to do and being frustrated.” He advised.

“You’re right, it’s better that way. I will just have to make myself busy with work.” He said trying to comfort his self.

“Call her. Palli. I need to take a nap before my daughter wakes up because I need to feed her then.” Bo Young said yawning.

“Okay. I’m going and call outside. I will see you when I get back. Tell hyung to enjoy his vacation because I get back I’ll make sure to give loads of work.” He said making his signature wink with a sound from his mouth.

“Arasso. Palli ka.” She said gesturing him to go out with her hand.

Jong Suk went out of the room and walk straight to the parking lot. He seated in his car playing with his phone and still hesitating to make the call.

“Ah!” he let out a heavy sigh and finally dialed her number.

“Yeobosaeyo?” Woo Bin answered.