Road Humps

Crossroads

“Shin Hye, what’s wrong? Are you hurt? What happened?” Jong Suk said while checking her if she hurt herself.

“I’m fine.” Shin Hye said in between her sobs.

“What happened?” Woo Bin asked coming out of the kitchen door.

“Jong Suk-ah can you leave us first? I just wanna talk to Woo Bin.” Shin Hye asked standing.

“But…” Jong Suk never finish his words as Shin Hye gives her an eye that it’s okay.

“Please don’t say anything in there. I don’t want them to worry about me.” Shin Hye requested before Jong Suk left.

“Did you hear everything? Let me explain, I was…” Woo Bin didn’t finish what he was about to say because Shin Hye sealed his mouth with her pointer finger.

“I did hear everything but I’m not gonna judge you because of that. What time are you leaving tomorrow? Do you want me to come with you?” Shin Hye said in her calm voice.

“Why are you so calm? You should be mad at me, curse me or punch me, I will take everything, just please don’t do this. It gives me so much scare when you’re like this. We should talk.” Woo Bin said grabbing her hand to walk to his room.

“Let’s not ruin my parents’ party please. We can talk when we’re back to Seoul. I have things to say too.” Shin Hye said stopping him.

“Why are you doing this? It’s driving me crazy. Are you going to break the engagement? Please hear me out first before you decide.” Woo Bin begged her.

“Don’t worry I’m not going to do that, we are in this engagement together, so if it will be broken, it is for us to decide not only me. I will listen to everything you have to say when we’re back in Seoul. And please listen to what I will say too.” Shin Hye said with tears falling.

“Ssinz, please be mad at me. I don’t wanna lose you.” Woo bin said kissing the tears falling to her face.

“I know. You can go back tomorrow morning to settle things with her. I’ll be back the day after, let’s just tell them that there’s an emergency in the office that you need to take care immediately.” Shin Hye suggested while trying to fix herself.

“Okay, but tell me what you’re thinking. Just please tell me something, my mind is going crazy right now.” Woo Bin begged her one more time.

“Honestly, it is so painful. I never thought that it will be this painful. I know I don’t have the right to get mad, but I am mad.” She said trying to keep herself from crying.

“You have all the right to get mad. You should get mad. I’m sorry, jeongmal mianhe.” Woo Bi said grabbing her to hug her.

“I’m sorry too. Everything will be okay, I will need to be alone tomorrow to think and you too.” She said hugging him tighter.

“I don’t really understand what you’re saying and why you’re so calm but I trust you when you say that everything will be okay. That’s all I need.” Woo Bin said kissing her cheeks.

“We should go back before everyone starts looking for us. I don’t want them to worry about us.” Shin Hye said giving Woo Bin a reassuring smile.

After Shin Hye fixed herself to hide her swollen eyes, they went back to where the rest of her family is. She’s hurt and feel betrayed but she said she’s not in the right place to judge him because she knows that Woo bin will feel the same way if he knew about her and Jong Suk. She tried to calm herself the best way she can. She loves Woo Bin, yes but she herself doesn’t know what will happened that they talk.

Woo Bin’s mind is in daze with how Shin Hye reacted. She just heard that his fiancé cheated, the normal reaction is that she should get mad and break the engagement but why does she’s so calm? What is she thinking? He decided to just trust her with everything and hold on to her words that everything will be okay. He just need to think on how to save the relationship after this.

 

The night has ended and everyone is about to leave. The guys will stay at Yong Hwa’s parents’ house and Jong Hyun asked Jong Suk to accompany Se Yeon in her hotel because he’s too tired and just want to lie down. Everyone is saying their thank you and goodbye while Jong Suk is looking for Shin Hye. Shin Hye is talking to Yong Hwa in a corner with a serious face.

“I don’t really know what’s happening with Woo Bin but I think telling him the truth is the right decision. But are you ready with the consequences? Remember that you two are engage now. I’m worried of what will eomoni and abeoji will feel if ever, you know.” Yong Hwa said with anxiety.

“I know, I am too but this is what I need to do. This is the right thing to do.” She said encouraging herself.

“I know there’s something that you’re not telling me. Whatever it is that you’re holding in your heart or in your mind right now, I know you will get through it. I know you’re a strong woman, but I still want you to know that I will always have your back.” Yong Hwa assured her.

“I know.” She said with a tear fell in her right eye. “Okay, I don’t wanna cry in here. I will tell you everything when it’s over. Thank you.” She said giving him a hug.

“Do you want me stay with you tomorrow? I wanna walk around the river and eat as much as I could. We haven’t done that for so long. Do you wanna have a date with me tomorrow?” Yong Hwa offered.

“But you need to go back tomorrow. Don’t worry about me, like what you said I’m a strong woman and I can get through this.” Shin Hye said giving him a smile.

“I can always re-schedule the recording. I will call President Han and tell him that I’m going back the day after tomorrow. Let’s have fun tomorrow, okay?” Yong Hwa insisted.

“Okay then. Ah, I’m really glad that you’re here.” Shin Hye said sighing with relief.

“Hey.” Jong Suk said tapping Yong Hwa’s shoulder.

“Hey. I should check on Geun Suk hyung.” Yong Hwa said and left the two.

“Are you okay? What happened earlier?” Jong Suk asked worriedly.

“Neh. I just got emotional, you with my parents’ anniversary, with all my friends here and the engagement. It’s overwhelming that tears kept falling on my face.” Shin Hye said not looking at him.

“Are you sure that’s all in it? But you look so hurt when you were crying.” Jong Suk asked again.

“Everything is okay. Thank you for not saying anything. I didn’t want them to worry over nothing.” Shin Hye said and smile at him.

“Okay. When are you going back to Seoul?” Jong Suk asked accepting her reasons.

“I’m going back the day after tomorrow. I wanna visit some friends before coming back.” She answered.

“Oppa! The cab is here, we should go.” Se Yeon called out.

“Okay, I’m coming.” Jong Suk answered.

“You should go. Thank you for coming.” Shin Hye said with a smile.

Shin Hye is smiling but like Yong Hwa, Jong Suk felt that there is something wrong going on, but he could not asked her for he is not in a position to asked anything. He felt her pain when he saw her sitting and crying. He just decided to let her go and now what is going on?

“Ssinz, Woo Bin said he’s leaving tomorrow.” So Ra said while walking towards Shin Hye with Woo Bin following her.

“Ah neh. He needs to take care something in the office.” She said pulling Woo Bin’s arm. “What time are you going tomorrow?” Shin Hye asked Woo Bin.

“Jong Kook hyung booked me the 9.25 am flight, so I should be packing now. Will you help me?” Woo Bin said trying to be alone with Shin Hye.

“Let’s tell to eomma and appa first.” Shin Hye said looking over her parents with Hae Jin.

“Okay, let’s go.” Woo Bin agreed and walked towards them with So Ra now following them.

“Eomma, appa, Woo Bin needs to go back to Seoul tomorrow. Something came up in the office that he needs to take care immediately.” Shin Hye explained.

“Ah, is that so. Is it serious?” Mr. Park asked worriedly.

“It’s about the new plan that the marketing is doing. But I’m sure it will be fine.” Woo Bin answered.

“Oh, don’t worry, you can always come back here anytime you want, you’re already part of this family. Is Shin Hye coming with you?” Mrs. Park asked.

“No, I have plans with Yong Hwa tomorrow. I will be back the day after tomorrow.” Shin Hye answered.

“Ah, you really need to work hard to feed this your-wife-to-be, I feel you because she eats a lot.” Hae Jin teased.

“Oppa!” Shin Hye shouted to her brother with a sulky face that makes everyone laughs.

“Okay, you should head in first, you need to help him pack his things.” Mrs. Park said pushing them inside the house.

 

Woo Bin is standing on the door of the bathroom where Shin Hye is collection his toiletries quietly. They’ve been in the room for ten minutes and no one is talking that makes the air awkward. Woo Bin could not take the silence anymore, he entered the bathroom and grabbed the shaving cream that she’s holding.

“I can’t wait until we’re back in Seoul. Can we talk now?” Woo Bin said cornering her behind the sink.

“No. I don’t wanna talk about it right now. We just got engage and it’s a happy thing. Let’s not talk about things that will just ruin this happy day. We should think first before we talk.” Shin Hye said grabbing the shaving cream to Woo Bin’s hand. “We should finish packing your things so we could rest.” She added.

“Will you sleep here with me tonight?” Woo Bin asked hoping she would say yes.

“Okay. But we need to let them sleep first.” Shin Hye agreed as she pointed on the door. “Help me with these.” She said giving him his toiletries.

“Don’t you wanna know who is she?” Woo Bin asked not looking at Shin Hye.

“I think I already know who she is, I’ve seen her with your mom a few times. Jung Joo Yeon, isn’t she?” Shin Hye said with confidence.

“You met eomoni? When? Why didn’t you tell me?” Woo Bin asked curiously.

“Neh, I met her few times. I called her when we first talked about getting engage but as expected she got mad. I met her a few times in the hospital, I think she was visiting some business partners. That’s when she introduce me to Jung Joo Yeon as your friend. I had a few tips that she’s the one you’re mom wants for you.” Shin Hye explained.

“So, that’s why you’re this calm.” He said sighing in relief. “But why were you saying sorry too?” he asked remembering their earlier conversation.

“Can we just finish this? I’m so tired already and I told that we will talk about all these things when we’re back to Seoul.” Shin Hye said folding his clothes.

“Arasso. I just want you to know that whatever happen or whatever it is, I’m not going to let you go.” Woo Bin said giving her a peck on her cheek.

Shin Hye gave her a smile and continue to fold his clothes to put to his bag.

“Geun Suk hyung is really unique ah. I think he really cares about you. If I didn’t know better I would have thought that he really wants you.” Woo Bin said lying on the bed near Shin Hye.

“Neh, he’s always been like that, he’s so protective of me. Hong Ki and Yong Hwa are the same, but Yong Hwa protects and support me silently unlike him and Hong Ki who aren’t afraid to voice out what they really feel. And that’s why they are always in trouble.” Shin Hye explained.

Woo Bin is relieve now knowing that Shin Hye knows that his mother was behind all of this. All he has to do now is to convince Joo Yeon to stay away from them, but first he needs to know what really happened that night. Though he was saying that nothing happened between them, the truth is he really don’t know because he was drunk that night and could not remember any of it. All he know was she met Joo Yeon in the hotel lobby and invited him to have a drink with her. Well, it was the usual scenario when a woman wants to persuade a man, of course he knew it but he still agreed to accompany her.

Shin Hye is in great pain right now but she can’t blame Woo Bin or anyone else because she knows to herself that she had been weak too. She wants to break down and cry right now but she’s holding it in because she doesn’t want her family to worry about her. She’s trying her best to be stronger to save her relationship with Woo Bin but deep down her she knows that everything will change after this.

 

Jong Suk feels that something is not right with Shin Hye and he keeps thinking about it on their way to Se Yeon’s hotel that he’s not even listening to what Se Yeon is saying.

“Oppa! Jong Suk oppa, are you listening?” Se Yeon said shaking his arm.

“Huh, miane. What are you saying?” Jong Suk apologized coming to his senses.

“Aren’t you jealous of Woo Bin oppa? He already found his better half and I think that Shin Hye unni really loves him. They will make a beautiful family.” Se Yeon said smiling.

“Neh.” Jong Suk answered dryly.

“Oppa, are you okay? You seems like you’re out of your mind. Is there a problem?” Se Yeon asked worriedly.

“Nothing, I guess I’m just tired.” Jong Suk answered not thinking.

“Miane oppa, if I asked you to take me to the hotel when you’re tired.” Se Yeon said with a sad face.

“Yah, I don’t mean it like that.” Jong Suk said and shake Se Yeon’s hair. “This is not free anyway, you should buy me dessert tomorrow.” He said smiling.

“I will buy all the dessert you can eat oppa.” Se Yeon said with a cute smile.

“Woah our Se Yeon is now rich. How much do you earn on your job?” Jong Suk teased.

“Just enough to buy you dessert. Ah, I’m really jealous of Shin Hye unni, Woo Bin oppa really loves her. It’s really nice to fall in love.” Se Yeon said looking at Jong Suk.

“Yah, you’re still young to even think about it. You still have a long way to go.” Jong Suk said pulling Se Yeon closer to him.

Se Yeon leans closer to him and put her arm around his back. She feels so happy that Jong Suk is starting to notice her as a woman. She’s determine to use the opportunity tomorrow to show him how she feels about him and make tomorrow unforgettable for him.

“Yah, is that your phone ringing?” Jong Suk said and pushed her a little to straighten his position.

“Huh, yes it is.” She said pulling her phone on her bag. “Huh, it’s Jong Hyun oppa. Yeobosaeyo?” she said over the phone.

“Se Yeon-ah, are you still with Jong Suk hyung?” Jong Hyun asked.

“Neh oppa, you want to talk to him? Wait.” Se Yeon said giving Jong Suk the phone. “He wants to talk to you.”

“Jong Hyun-ah, what it is? Why are you calling Se Yeon-ah’s phone when you want to talk to me?” Jong Suk asked curiously.

“Hyung I’ve been calling you for ten times but you’re phone just keeps on ringing because you’re not answering. Don’t tell me you lost your phone.” Jong Hyun said annoyingly.

“Is that so? Maybe it’s in silent mode.” Jong Suk said trying to find his phone in his pocket. “Huh, it is not in my pocket. Where did I left it? Ah jinjja.” Jong Suk said trying to remember.

“Anyway, I’m going out with Jung Shin and Min Hyuk so you don’t have to wait for me.” Jong Hyun informed him.

“Yah, I thought you’re tired. And you guys have flight tomorrow.” Jong Suk said worriedly.

“I just said that because I don’t wanna come between you and Se Yeon.  Our flight is in the afternoon so it’s okay if we stay late. Manager hyung is with us anyway.” Jong Hyun explained.

“Just stay out of trouble and don’t forget to call mom tonight. I will head straight to the hotel after I dropped Se Yeon in her hotel.” Jong Suk said looking at his watch.

“Okay. But don’t you need to look for your phone?” Jong Hyun asked with concerns.

“Neh, I will do it when I get back to the hotel.” Jong Suk said before ending the call.

“You lost your phone?” She asked while taking her phone that Jong Suk is giving her.

“Neh, but I don’t know where. Ah jinjja, where did I might put it?” Jong Suk said thinking hard.

“I’ll try to call it.” Se Yeon said dialing her phone. “It’s ringing.” She said looking at him.

“What?” He asked curiously.

Se Yeon hung up her phone. “No one is answering.”

“Ah I might left it in the hotel. I will for it later.” He said but still thinking hard.

 

Shin Hye finished helping Woo Bin in packing his things and she’s walking to her room when So Ra snatched her from the hallway.

“Yah, what are you doing, I almost got a heart attack.” Shin Hye said holding her chest.

“Mian. I just wanna have a word with you.” So Ra said dragging her to her room.

“Wae? What do you wanna talk about?” Shin Hye asked opening the door of her room.

“Yah, are you dumb? Of course I wanna talk about your engagement. Huh, I didn’t know Woo Bin can be so sweet like that. You’re acting was really good too, as if you didn’t know he was going to propose.” So Ra said sitting on a chair on the study table.

“I was not acting. I didn’t have any idea that he was going to propose. I mean, we talked about getting engage but I didn’t know that he was going to propose this night at our parents’ anniversary.” Shin Hye said honestly while lying on her bed.

“Ah jeongmal. So it was all Woo Bin’s plan then. Ah, he really changed a lot since he met you.” She said walking to Shin Hye’s bed. “Wae? Why do you look like that? What’s wrong?” So Ra asked looking at Shin Hye.

“I’m just tired. I still can’t believe that I’m already engage. I have dream about it many times but now that it happened I think it hasn’t really sink in to me.” Shin Hye said looking at the ceiling.

“Neh, I felt that way too when Hae Jin oppa proposed to me. It was really overwhelming. All I can think about after the engagement is getting married to him and start a family. Do you feel the same now?” So Ra asked curiously.

Shin Hye let out a big sigh. “I don’t know. I don’t wanna think about anything. I just wanna rest tonight and think about anything tomorrow.”

So Ra was puzzled by what Shin Hye just said. “Well, I guess you’re just really tired with all the party and the engagement, so I’ll let you off this time and rest.” So Ra said standing when a phone rings. “You should answer your phone. I’m going out.” She said and went out of the room and closed the door.

“Huh, it’s not my phone.” Shin Hye said looking around her room and saw a light blinking on the top of her study table. “Huh, whose phone is that?” Shin Hye said standing up and walking to the study table to pick up the phone, but just when she was about to pick it up the call ended. “Huh, this isn’t Woo Bin-ah and not Yong Hwa. Is it Geun Suk oppa? He came here this morning with Yong Hwa and Hong Ki.” Just when Shin Hye is putting the phone down, it rings again. She looked at the caller ID and it says ‘Ji Sung hyung’. “Should I answer it? How will I know whose phone is it if I don’t answer it.” Shin Hye contemplated but answer it anyway.

“Yah Jong Suk-ah, what took you so long to answer your phone? I’ve been trying to get hold of you for five minutes but you weren’t answering. Are you with a woman?” Ji Sung shouted over the phone.

“Ah, so this is Jong Suk phone. I’m sorry but Jong Suk is not here right now, he forgot his phone in my room.” Shin Hye explained.

“Ah jinjja. What is he thinking leaving his phone after what he did?” Ji Sung said smirking.

“What is that? I think he forgot to get it after he washed his shirt.” Shin Hye said innocently.

“Ah jinjja, are we talking about the same Lee Jong Suk. I could not believe it. I guess he likes you that much to forget his phone after doing it so he would have a reason to see you again.” Ji Sung said green mindedly.

“I think you have the wrong idea. This is Park Shin Hye, Woo Bin-ah’s fiancée. Jong Suk was invited to my parents’ party and had some accident with a wine so he needed to wash his shirt and probably forgot to take his phone when he went out.” Shin Hye explained after figuring out what Ji Sung meant.

“Ah, is that so. Mian Park Shin Hye-ssi.” Ji Sung apologized and embarrassed.

“If you can hold of him, please tell him that I have his phone.” Shin Hye said.

“Neh Shin Hye-ssi. I will try to call his hotel or Jong Hyun. Gomawo.” Ji Sung said before ending the call.

Shin Hye let out a heavy sigh while looking at the phone screen of Jong Suk with her mom and him as his wallpaper. Shin Hye didn’t realized that a smile started to form in her lips by just looking at Jong Suk’s picture. The light went off and she pressed the round button again to see his wallpaper, she could not open the phone because it is secured with password. The confusion and doubts are starting to fade by just looking on that childish smile of Jong Suk. ‘I wish I would have never met you that night.’ She thought to herself. But would things be better if they didn’t met that night? Yes, she probably wouldn’t do what she did and not feel this way if she didn’t meet him, but will it be the same with Woo Bin? Even if it was his mother’s plan, would he resist the temptation, if she didn’t met Jong Suk? Ani, meeting Jong Suk doesn’t have anything to do on what Woo Bin did, it was all Woo Bin. So, what does it mean? What is fate trying to tell her? Only her heart and time will know. With all those questions in her mind and the smile in her lips, tears suddenly fall from her eyes. She could no longer hold the pain in her heart. ‘I guess this what I get for being greedy. For wanting the two men in my life.’ She said to herself. The phone lights went off again and tears kept on falling from her now swollen eyes, when the phone lights up again with Jong Suk picture appeared on the caller ID. Shin Hye stared at the caller ID and wiped her tears before deciding to answer the call.

“Yeobosaeyo?” Shin Hye answered in a calm voice.

“Shin Hye? That’s where I left my phone?” Jong Suk said remembering.

“Neh. I guess you forgot to pick it up on my study table when you went out. By the way, Ji Sung-ssi just called and I told him you forgot your phone here.” Shin Hye said with a little sob.

“Ah, maybe he will call the hotel. Can I pick it up tomorrow in your house?” Jong Suk said and didn’t hear her sobbing.

“Let’s just meet outside.” Shin Hye said wiping her face.

“Okay, what time are you available?” Jong Suk said casually.

“I’m driving Woo Bin to the airport in the morning. We can meet after that.” Shin Hye said trying to control her sobs.

“Okay, let’s have a coffee then. Can we meet at the coffeeshop near my hotel?” Jong Suk asked smiling.

“Okay, I will see you tomorrow then.” Shin Hye said and could no longer hold her sobs.

“Are you crying? What happened?” Jong Suk asked worriedly as he heard her sob.

“It’s just cold. I’m okay. I will see you tomorrow.” Shin Hye said and ended the call.

Jong Suk will not let it go that easy, he knew that something is going on with her and he needs to know what it is. He let out a heavy sigh before dialing his own number again.

“Did you forget something?” Shin Hye asked trying her best to sound calm.

“Shin Hye-yah, I know I am not in a position to push you to tell me what’s wrong but I can’t just let it go when I know something is wrong. What happened?” Jong Suk asked calmly.

As soon as Shin Hye heard what Jong Suk said, she started to cry again. “I’m sorry, if it bothers you. You’re right I’m not okay, I am going through a lot. With the engagement and what happened between you and me. I just want to tell Woo Bin about it but I don’t want your friendship to be ruin just because of me. I really don’t know what to do right now.” She said opening up to him.

“Is that what’s bothering you? If you would feel at ease by telling him what happened, you should do it. He has the right to know anyway. Don’t worry about our friendship, we’ve known each other for so long, we talk and not talk for so long but it the end we’re still friends. Just do what your heart tells you. I don’t wanna hear and see you like this, I just want you to be happy. I will do anything to see you smiling even if that means that I need to avoid you guys for a while.” Jong Suk said with full of honesty.

“But I don’t want that.” Shin Hye said still crying.

“I don’t want that either, but there are always consequences to our actions and we both know that it will happened somehow. But like I told you, Woo Bin and I are friends for a long time so in the end we will still be friends. I have thought of telling him anyway, but it would be better if it will come directly from you. I just need to prepare myself for his anger.” Jong Suk said trying to comfort her.

“Miane Jong Suk-ah and gomawo for understanding.” Shin Hye wiping her tears.

“I should be the one apologizing. Miane for causing you this troubles and confusion. And will you please stop crying, my ear is hurting listening to your sobs.” Jong Suk said jokingly and trying to lighten up the atmosphere between them.

“Miane. I could not control it.” Shin Hye said sobbing more.

“Things will be better after this so don’t worry too much. You just need to trust what you feel and Woo Bin.” Jong advised.

“Neh, I guess you’re right.” Shin Hye said letting out a heavy sigh.

Jong Suk could not hang up the phone, he can just listen to her sobbing until morning even though it’s hurting him to think that this must be a goodbye for them, at least for a while until everything is okay between her and Woo Bin. He knew that this day will come and like Jong Hyun said, he should have control himself to not fall deeper for her but he’s not regretting anything. Just thinking about her smile and laugh makes him smile unconsciously.

Shin Hye is still holding Jong Suk’s phone to her hear, she could not end the call and wants to say more but I don’t really know how to start again after a brief of silence between them. She feels much better after what Jong Suk said but feels pain in her chest too, because it seems like she will never see Jong Suk again after this. She didn’t wanna think about it but it’s the reality of it. If she wants to save her relationship with Woo Bin she should let go Jong Suk. But the big question is, does she really want to save her relationship with Woo Bin after the China incident? Well, she needs to listen to Woo Bin first.

“I guess you’re feeling better now because you stop sobbing.” Jong Suk said after the silence.

Shin Hye was not able to answer as the door opened.

“Hey, aren’t you done yet? We should go to sleep and rest.” Woo Bin said standing on the door.

“You should go first, I’ll just go to your room when I’m done.” She said trying to hide her swollen eyes to him.

“Okay, don’t take too long. You need to rest because you’re still going to drive tomorrow.” Woo Bin said coming closer to her and kisses her head.

“Neh.” Shin Hye answered giving him a nod.

Shin Hye covered the phone with her hand but still Jong Suk was hearing them. Woo Bin went out of the room and Shin Hye put the phone in her ear again.

“I will see you tomorrow. Take care of my phone for a while.” Jong Suk said on the other line.

“Would I answer it if someone calls?” Shin Hye asked curiously.

“Just tell them that I forgot my phone and that I will call them when you hand it to me.” Jong Suk advised.

“Okay. Good night then.” Shin Hye said before ending the call.

Just when Shin Hye put the phone on the table and about to stand, Jong Suk phone rings again. She looked at the caller ID and Se Yeon’s picture is on the screen. She ignored the call and continue to walk her way to the bathroom, but then turned back to answer the call as she remembered what Jong Suk said. She let out a heavy sigh before answering the phone.

“Yeobosaeyo?” she answered dryly.

“Yoebosaeyo. May I know who’s handling this phone? I know I sound a bit weird but this my oppa’s phone. I guess he left it somewhere and he’s now looking for it.” Se Yeon explained.

“Jin Se Yeon-ssi, its Park Shin Hye. Jong Suk-ah left it in my room when he was washing his shirt. I already talked to him and I will hand him his phone tomorrow, so he’ll just call you back tomorrow.” Shin Hye said in a nice voice.

“Ah is that so unni, thank you very much. I was worried when he told me that he lost his phone on our way to my hotel, so I thought I should give it a try and call it. I’m glad that he left it in your house.” Se Yeon said thankfully.

“Neh. Thank you for coming and for the wine. I was not able to talk to you that much in the party.” Shin Hye said honestly.

“Maybe we can go out sometime unni, when you’re not busy. Congratulations on your engagement. I should not disturb you anymore. Good night unni.” Se Yeon said nicely.

“Neh. Good night.” Shin Hye said before ending the call.

Shin Hye put down the phone and smile. ‘She’s so obvious that she likes him.’ She said to herself before walking her way to the bathroom.

 

It’s 5.30 in the morning, Woo Bin is already awake but still lying on the bed with Shin Hye in his arm. He’s looking at the ceiling thinking on how he will shake the truth from Jung Joo Yeon. He turns his head to look at the woman who is sleeping peacefully in his arm. How could he hurt this woman, who trusted her and not done anything to hurt him? He can only admire her loyalty and his beautiful soul and face. He’s smiling with the thought of waking up every morning with this woman in his arm for the rest of his life. So he really needs to settle things with his mother and Jung Joo Yeon. He will not let his weakness ruin this beautiful relationship he has and hurt this woman in his arm.

Shin Hye moved as she felt someone hold her tight. She wanted to open her eyes to look at the man holding her but her eyes are too heavy. She snuggled to Woo Bin and Woo Bin pecked her forehead.

“What time is it?” Shin Hye asked with closed eyes.

“It’s 5.30 in the morning. You should sleep more, I will wake you up when I’m going.” He answered giving her another peck n her head.

“Ah, we should get up, eomma is already awake by now and she might noticed that I’m not in my room.” She said rubbing his back.

“We can just say that you woke up early to wake me up.” He suggested.

“Ani.” She said now opening her eyes and looking at him. “Good morning.” She gives him a peck on his lips.

“What should we eat for breakfast? We can grab a quick breakfast on our way to the airport.” Woo Bin asked turning to lay on his back.

“I wanna eat eggs and bacon and sausage.” She answered stretching her body.

“Okay then. Let’s dress up so we can drop by to a restaurant.” He said standing up and pulling her up.

Shin Hye fix herself before going out of his room. Woo Bin is sitting on the chair on the study table browsing his phone for his emails. He opened one email that Jong Kook sent, it is his schedule for tomorrow, just looking at it, is giving him a headache. He pressed the reply button and asked Jong Kook to cancel all his schedule tomorrow. He wanted to be tomorrow a Shin Hye day, they will talk and sort things out tomorrow. Woo Bin let out a heavy sigh after sending the email and just before he stood up to take his shower, a phone rings.

“Huh, is it Shin Hye’s phone?” he said looking at the ringing phone sitting on the bedside table.

Woo Bin pick up the phone and look at the caller ID. “She has a new phone? Why is Suzy calling her?” Woo Bin asked to himself. He was contemplating if he should answer it or not, but accidentally swipe it to the green button. He was not able to say anything as the person on the phone started to talk.

“Jong Suk oppa, I know you don’t wanna talk to me anymore but I just wanna tell you something, so please just hear me out. I met Park Joon Geum last night at my eomma’s dinner party, the well-known Mrs. Kim of Hera Hotel. Well, I guess you know her already, she’s the mother of Kim Woo Bin-ssi. I just found out that she’s against her son’s relationship with Shin Hye-ssi. I mean she doesn’t want Shin Hye-ssi to be married to their family. I might have said too much to her, ah I told her about you and Shin Hye-ssi. I even showed her the photos that I took at Shin Hye-ssi’s apartment when you were together. I know I should not…”