Green Light

Crossroads

Jong Suk is at Gimpo Airport waiting for Jong Hyun, they are flying for Busan today. Jong Hyun called him earlier that he will be a bit late from the time that they agreed to meet at the airport, because he needs to wrap up something in the studio before leaving. He is sitting in the VIP lounge browsing his phone when someone covered his eyes from his back. Jong Suk was startled but immediately calm himself as he recognized the smell of a perfume of a woman.

“Kang So Ra!” Jong Suk removed the hands of the woman from his eyes.

“Eh, how did you know?” Kang So Ra asked as she seated beside him.

“You are a loyal customer. You never changed your perfume. How are you doing? I thought you’re in San Francisco?” Jong Suk asked looking at her.

“Neh. I came to visit my parents. Where are you going?” So Ra asked curiously.

“Busan. I need to attend the opening of our new store.” He answered.

“I thought Ji Sung oppa is the one doing that?” she asked looking around.

“Neh but he could not make it. He needs to take care of his pregnant wife.” He said smiling.

“Ah, is that so. I’m going to Busan too. What flight are you on?” she asked looking at his ticket in his hand. “Ah we have different flight.”

“You look great. How long has it been? Last time I saw you was in LA, right?” he said rubbing his head trying to remember.

“Neh, it’s been a year. You never contacted me after that.” She said pouting her lips.

“I was too busy with work.” He answered.

“Ah neh. I’m sorry I wasn’t there when abeoji died. I think you’re doing well with the business.” She said proudly.

“Neh, thanks to Ji Sung hyung. He’s been guiding me very well until now. I don’t think I could make it, if it isn’t for him.” He said thankful.

“Ah, I miss Ji Sung oppa. I’m sure he’s more handsome now.” She said spacing out.

“He’s married and having a child. What will you do in Busan?” he asked fixing the ticket that So Ra checked.

So Ra was not able to answer him as someone called her from afar. “I need to go. You still have the same number right?” She asked as Jong Suk nods in agreement. “I will call you maybe we can catch up over a coffee.”

“Neh, I will love that.” He said waving his hand for goodbye.

 

Shin Hye is in the airport waiting for his brother who came from San Francisco. Her brother is a surgeon living in San Francisco and came home for their parent’s wedding anniversary. She decided to grab a coffee while waiting for her brother when she receives a text message.

“Ssinz, I’m in the VIP lounge.” The text messages said.

“Eh, what is he doing in the VIP lounge?” She commented while texting him back. “Oppa, I’m here at Starbucks, can you just come here? There are a lot of fans on the way to the VIP lounge and I don’t wanna get stuck.” She texted him.

“Arasso. There might be someone popular in here. Who do you think it is? Not familiar with the Korean artists. Do you want me to get you an autograph?” he texted back to her.

“Molla. CNBlue already left yesterday, so I don’t have any idea. Just come and get me here.” She replied.

“Oh yeah, I forgot that you are friends with a lot of artists here. Okay, I’m coming.” He replied and made his way out of the VIP lounge.

Shin Hye is busy looking around her busy surrounding when she saw a familiar man walking to her direction. The man is wearing a black cap and black shades with a backpack and a headset hanging on his neck. Shin Hye smiles as soon as the man gets near her.

“Yah, I thought you already left with Yong Hwa yesterday?” she said looking at the man.

“Yah, don’t talk so loud someone might hear you. I needed to wrap up something in the studio before leaving.” He said sitting on the empty chair across her.

“So, that’s why there are a lot of girls lining along the way to VIP lounge.” She said glancing at the crowded pathway.

“Neh, that’s why I’m in disguised. I want to greet them all but I’m so tired. I don’t want them to see me like this, they might worry about me.” He said fixing his cap.

“Neh. Your bags are too visible not to notice and you really look like you didn’t get enough sleep.” She said looking at his eyes through his black shade like she has an x-ray vision.

“Do we have the same flight?” he asked glancing at her ticket.

Shin Hye look at his ticket. “No, we don’t, but we’ll leave at the same time.”

“Are you waiting for Woo Bin hyung?” he said looking around.

“Ani. I’m waiting for my oppa. He’s on his way here.” She said looking at her watch.

“Ah! I’ve never meet your bother. He’s living in San Francisco right?” he said waiting for confirmation.

“Neh. He’s here for our parent’s wedding anniversary.” She confirmed.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye!” a guy shouted as he put his arm on her shoulder.

“Ah finally. What are you doing in the VIP lounge?” she said turning to face him.

“Who is this man? He’s not Woo Bin-ah.” He said sitting beside Shin Hye.

“Ah, he’s Lee Jong Hyun, the lead guitarist of CNBlue. He’s my oppa, Park Hae Jin.” She said introducing them to each other.

“Ah, you’re on Yong Hwa’s band. Nice to meet you.” He said giving his hand for a handshake.

Jong Hyun shook his hand, “Nice meeting you too, Park Hae Jin-ssi.” He said formally.

“Ah! Just call me hyung like how Yong Hwa Calls me. I’m not really used with that formal thing.” He said coolly.

“Ah neh hyung. Yah Ssinz, hyung is so cool.” He said smiling.

“Ara. Aren’t you supposed to go to the VIP now?” she said pointing to the VIP lounge.

“Ah, so you’re the celebrity that the crowd of girls are waiting for?” he asked amazed.

“Neh, he is but he doesn’t want them to see him tired so he disguised himself.” Shin Hye answered.

“Anyway, I’m going.” He said standing from his chair.

“Wait Jong Hyun, you’re going to Busan too, right?” he asked curiously.

“Neh hyung.” He answered.

“Why don’t you come with Yong Hwa to our parent’s wedding anniversary with your other members? I’m sure our parents will be glad seeing my sister’s celebrity friends.” He offered.

“Ah jeongmal? Okay, I will tell Yong Hwa hyung. I will see you then. Bye.” He said before leaving.

“Where’s Woo Bin-ah?” Hae Jin asked looking around.

“We’ll just meet in Busan this afternoon, he just need to finish something in the office.” She said letting out a heavy sigh.

“Are you okay? Is Woo Bin giving you a hard time?” he said worriedly.

“Ani. He’s working really hard this past few weeks. He just want to finish his China deals so we can go on vacation. I feel bad for him that I can’t even help him.” She said with a sad face.

Hae Jin put his arm around Shin Hye’s shoulder to comfort her. “You just need to support him and be more patience. I’m sure Woo Bin understands.”

“You’re right. I’m really thankful that I met him.” She said smiling cutely.

“Ah, don’t smile like that you look like a fool.” He said while messing Shin Hye’s hair.

“Yah! Oppa stop it!” Shin Hye said pushing away his hand.

“Huh! I can’t believe my little sister is all grown up now. Maybe next time that I’m going home I will be attending your wedding.” He said letting out a heavy sigh while seriously looking at Shin Hye.

“Oppa, are you sick or something? Why are you becoming emotional all of a sudden?” she said teasing him.

“Yah! I just miss you. You’re too busy with your work and with Woo Bin that you didn’t even bother to visit your brother.” He said poking her head.

“Apeu. It hurts oppa.” She said rubbing her head. “Ah, by the way, where’s your wife?” she said looking around.

“I already called her, she’s just saying hi to a friend.” He said drinking Shin Hye’s coffee.

“Yah! Why do you always do that? Why don’t you buy your own coffee? Ah jinjja oppa, you never change.” She said grabbing her coffee to his hand.

“You know what? I thought you are going to end up with Yong Hwa. You two could not be separated even for a second. You always cry when Yong Hwa’s eomma was coming to our house to take him home. I remember Yong Hwa always telling you that he would marry you just to stop you from crying.” He said looking at her remembering things.

“Ah jinjja? I don’t remember it. Yong Hwa and I are so compatible that we are like twins. We can even tell what the other one is thinking by just looking at each other’s eyes.” She said smiling at him.

The siblings had not seen each other for exactly one year. Hae Jin came back to San Francisco as soon as his wedding ended. He is a well-known surgeon in San Francisco, so he needed to come back immediately with his wife. Shin Hye promised to visit them but she could not make it because of her busy schedule in the hospital. They continue to catch up and reminisce the old days, when they were still young.

 

Jong Suk was about to call Jong Hyun when the crowd of girls outside the VIP lounge started to go crazy. Jong Suk knew immediately that his brother has arrived. Jong Hyun tried his best to not be recognized but fan girl are really good when it comes to their bias. Jong Hyun enters the VIP lounge carrying bags of gift from fans.

“Ah I’m so sleepy.” Jong Hyun said yawning.

“I knew you were coming when I heard the crowd outside screaming and taking photos. Here. I bought this on my way here.” Jong Suk said handing him an energy drink.

“Gomawo hyung.” He said drinking the bottle of energy drink. “Ah, I was Shin Hye outside.” He said while finishing the drink.

Jong Suk eyes widened by just hearing Shin Hye’s name. “Jinjja? Where?” he asked looking outside the tinted glass window.

“The coffeeshop. I thought you saw her.” He said while sitting beside him.

“Who is she with? Where is she going?” he asked the sleepy Jong Hyun.

“She’s with her oppa. They are going home to Busan.” He said closing his eyes.

“Home? Busan? She’s from Busan? Wait. Is she with Woo Bin? Why are they going home to Busan together?” he asked nagging his brother.

“Yah! Hyung, do I look like a reporter to you? She’s not with Woo Bin, she’s with her brother.” Answered the irritated Jong Hyun.

Jong Suk stood from his seat and wears his black Oakley Holbrook shade. Jong Hyun opened his eyes as he felt Jong Suk’s standing.

“Where are you going?” he asked rubbing his eyes.

“I’m gonna buy coffee. You want some?” he said pointing outside.

“A bottled water please. Gomawo hyung.” He said closing his eyes again.

Jong Suk went out of the room and walking with a wide smile on his face. He’s thinking on how she will approach her, looking like it is just accident that they meet. He suddenly thought of Jong Hyun and hope that he didn’t notice how excited he was when he heard about Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was left alone drinking her coffee in a lonely table. Her brother and his wife looks for some stuffs to buy their parents. She was feeling lonely just thinking how happy his brother and his wife are. She wishes that Woo Bin is there with her and not working in his office.

“Ah, why do I feel nervous all of a sudden?” she touches her heart. “Ah, maybe I had too much coffee. Ah, why is my heart beating so fast? This isn’t a heart attack, is it? Huh, what should I do?” she’s talking to herself while rubbing her heart with her palm and getting worried of what she suddenly feels when someone seated beside her and touches her left shoulder.

“Are you okay, Agassi? You seem nervous, should I make you calm?” the man said trying to put his arm around her shoulder.

“Ani. I’m okay.” She said while pushing the man’s arm away from her.

“I can see that you’re alone. Should I accompany you while waiting for your boarding? Where are you heading by the way?” the man said persistently putting his arm around her shoulder.

“Dude, get your dirty hand off my girlfriend’s shoulder.” The man standing at their back said while taking the hand of the other man away from Shin Hye’s shoulder.

“Oh I’m sorry I thought she was alone.” The man said while walking away.

“Are you okay?” Jong Suk said sitting across her.

“Gomawo. What are you doing here?” Shin Hye said feeling her heart beating so fast.

“I’m leaving for Busan with Jong Hyun.” You don’t seem fine. What’s wrong?” Jong Suk asked changing his seat from across her to beside her.

“I think I had too much coffee, my heart is beating so fast.” She said felling her heart with her right hand.

“Are you sure it’s because of coffee and not me?” he said smiling at her.

“Mwo? Why would it be you?” she asked confuse.

“I’m just kidding. Here, drink some water.” He said handing her a bottle of water that he bought for Jong Hyun.

Shin Hye drinks the bottled water that Jong Suk opened for her. “Huh, gomawo it feels better now. Why are you going to Busan?” she asked closing the lid of the bottled water.

“I need to attend the opening of the new store because Ji Sung hyung can’t come. Where are you going? And why are you alone?” he said trying not to be obvious that he already know the answer to his question.

“I’m going to Busan too. Woo Bin and I was supposed to go together but he needed to finish something in the office, so he will come this afternoon. I’m not alone, I was with my brother and his wife but they went to the duty free to buy something for my eomma and appa.” She explained.

“Is that so? I think I should stay here for a while so you won’t be alone. That guy earlier is still looking in our direction.” He said trying to scare her.

Shin Hye looks at where the guy is standing just in time that the guy glance in their direction. “Sesang-e, you’re right. Don’t leave me here until my flight is boarding.” She hold on to his arm.

“Don’t worry, that guy thinks that you’re my girlfriend so I need to stay here and protect you.” He said holding her hand. “Why are you going to Busan?”

“It’s my eomma and appa’s wedding anniversary tomorrow so we are celebrating with the whole family.” She answered and drinks a water.

“Ah, so you’re going there for family matter.” He said while unconsciously rubbing her hand with his thumb.

“Neh. And you’re going there for business matter.” She said giving him a smile.

“Neh, but not just for business. I’m taking a few days off as a vacation. Woo Bin is planning to set me up with her female friends after my vacation. So, I really need to prepare physically and mentally.” He said looking at her trying to see her reaction.

Shin Hye suddenly felt the heat rushing to her head and she could not understand why she felt a bit mad by what Jong Suk just said. Is she feeling jealous? But why? This thing cross her mind and for the first time she didn’t try to avoid or shake the idea. She tried her best to keep herself calm. “Physically?” she asked looking at his body.

“Neh. You never know when, you know.” He said trying to explain.

“Ani. I don’t know what you meant.” She said trying to be innocent.

“What I meant is that I need to work out so I will look attractive when I meet them.” He winks at Shin Hye. “How are you and Woo Bin-ah?”

“We’re doing great. He’s working hard to finish his China expansion, so we can go on vacation.” She said getting serious.

“Eomma told me that you are our new family doctor. I slept without clothes on last night.” He said looking at her with his serious look.

“Wae-yo? Do you want to catch a cold?” she asked curiously.

“Neh. I want to have a cold or anything that will make me sick. So, I have a reason to see you.” He said looking straight to her eyes.

Shin Hye’s heart suddenly beats fast by just looking at his eyes. Why does she feels this way every time she’s with him? Is this what Yong Hwa has been telling her? Does she feel something for him? Jinjja? But how? These are all the questions running in her mind, and not letting go of the stares in each other’s eyes. “Huh, isn’t that Suzy-ssi?” she said pointing her finger to his back.

Jong Suk suddenly jumped to his seat ah he heard her name. Why is she still following him? He will not let her ruin this moment, she already have Lee Min Ho, who can share her moment to. He turn around to look but with his surprise no Suzy was there. He turns to face Shin Hye who is now laughing hard with his reaction. “Yah!” he shouted at her.

“You’re reaction is too funny. You are hitting another girl but too scared that your ex would see you. I can’t stop laughing, I think I’m gonna have a stomach ache.” She said still laughing hard.

“Ah jinjja. I’m not scared, I was just surprise that she would be here after we talk the other night.” He said irritated.

Shin Hye stopped laughing and asked curiously. “You met her the other night? Wae? What did you talked about?”

Jong Suk form a smile on his lips. “Wae? Are you jealous? Why would I tell you, you’re not even my girlfriend that I should report my every move? It was a personal matter.” He said smirking.

“Well, for your information, I am your girlfriend at this moment as you said to the guy earlier. So, palli and tell me what you talked about with your ex.” She said cupping her chin with her hand and leaning on the table while looking at him.

“If that’s the case, then I should tell you. I don’t want my girlfriend to feel jealous over nothing, right?” he said pushing his chair closer to her and grabs her hand and kisses it.

Shin Hye pulled her hand as she was shock by his action. “Yah! What are you doing?” she shouted at him.

“Kissing my girlfriend’s smooth hand. Why? I can’t do that to my girlfriend? Ah, you’re a very complicated girlfriend.” He said sighing.

“Yes, I am complicated. So, palli and just tell me.” She said putting her hands down to her lap.

“Okay. She wanted to see me just to tell me that I’m so handsome and she could not live without seeing my handsome baby face.” He said while doing an aegyo.

Shin Hye almost choked of what he said and pinch his ducky lips. “Yah! You think I want to hear your jokes? It’s not even funny.” She said still pinching his lips.

“Apeu! Apeu! Ah jinjja you’re so barbaric.” He said covering his mouth with his two hands.

“If you’re not gonna say anything serious. I should go and look for my brother.” She said pretending to stands from her seat.

Jong Suk grabbed her hand. “Arasso. I will tell you. Sit back.” He said smiling to her.

“I won again. Talk.” She commanded him.

“She had a fight with her mom, so she wanted someone to talk to about it.” He started.

“Doesn’t she have other friends?” she asked seriously.

“I told you she can’t resists not to see my handsome face.” He said doing another aegyo.

Shin Hye kicked his foot under the table. “Seriously?”

“Yah! Would you stop the physical torture? Ah jinjja, I think you didn’t need my help with the guy earlier. You can even knocked down a tree with that kick. I think you just broke my foot.” He said reaching for his feet to rub it.

Shin Hye laughs. “Miane. Miane. Please continue before I hit you again.”

Jong Suk grabs her hands and hold them down on the table. “I think I should hold on to these weapons before they hit any part of my body.”

“I still have these.” Shin Hye said and kicked Jong Suk’s foot again.

“Yah! If you don’t want me sitting you on my lap, stop kicking me.” He said rubbing his foot.

Shin Hye is laughing hard again with the irritated look of Jong Suk. “Miane. I won’t do it again. So, please continue your story.”

Jong Suk let out a sigh. “Anyway, she had a fight with her mom and because I was the only one could know how her mom is when she’s mad, she looked for me. She wanted to break the engagement that her mom set her up but of course her mom would not let her, so they argued.”

“Heol, she’s engaged? Why would she want to break it? Don’t tell me she still wants to get back with you?” she asked with a serious look.

Jong Suk looked at her. “Don’t worry I’m just for you alone.” He said and gives him an assuring smile. “That’s what I thought, but then to my surprise she said she’s in love with someone. When that someone found out that she’s already engaged, he broke up with her. That’s the reason she wanted to be free from the engagement, to be with the guy.” He explained.

“Ah, that’s so sad. She can’t even be with the one she love.” She said looking sad.

“Neh. But it’s a good thing for me, at least she won’t bother me anymore. And I can concentrate on capturing your heart.” He said seriously.

“Mwo? Yah! Someone already owns my heart.” She reminds him.

“I know but I’m going to steal it.” He said in a jokingly and pinch Shin Hye’s button nose.

Shin Hye felt happy hearing what he said even though it is just a joke for him. She unconsciously wish that he will fight for her, even though she herself doesn’t know what to do with this new discovery of her feelings for him. She knew that it will be a big problem if she will entertain such feelings but she feels good letting the emotion sink in to her heart. Yes, it’s time to face the reality that she feels something for this man in front of him. But how deep is this feeling? She doesn’t know yet, but enough to make her wish that time will stop for a while. She even forgot that she has a real boyfriend to consider.

While Shin Hye and Jong Suk are stuck in their own world with their fake boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, someone is watching from afar, with a closed fist ready to punch someone who will get his way.

“Ah, Woo Bin-ah, what are you still doing there? I thought you went to see Shin Hye. Eh, is that Jong Sukki?”