Re-Route

Crossroads

“What are you doing here?” Woo Bin asked the woman and stood from his chair to face her.

“You were not answering my calls so I came here to see you.” The woman arrogantly said while sitting on the couch.

“Wae? What do you want from me?” Woo Bin said standing across the couch where the woman is sitting.

“I know you had someone following me after China. Don’t worry I haven’t had the chance to encounter Park Shin Hye.” She said with her heads up.

“So what now? Are you here to threaten me? You think Shin Hye will believe you?” he said confidently.

“Well, she may not believe me if I just say it. You think I didn’t came prepared?” she threw pictures on the table of him and a woman kissing in an elevator.

Woo Bin is shaking while looking at the pictures. He seated across the woman. “What do you want? I don’t think you want money for this. If you’re going to ask me to break up with her that will never happened. I will tell her what happened before you show these to her.” He said trying to suppress his anger.

“No, of course I don’t want you to break up with her. It’s the opposite of that, I want you to cling to her more. I want you to take her with you so she won’t get near Jong Suk oppa.” The woman said sarcastically.

“What does it have to do with Jong Suk?” Woo Bin asked confuse.

“So, you don’t have any idea yet? Okay, I think Jong Suk oppa will not tell you so I will be the one to tell. Your best friend is in love with your girlfriend.” She said straight to his face.

Woo Bin laughs with what the woman just said. “That’s ridiculous. Are you this desperate? You suspect every woman that gets near Jong Suk?” he said still laughing.

The woman throws another set of pictures in the table. Woo Bin picked up the picture and cringed his fists in anger. The pictures are when Jong Suk was carrying Shin Hye in his back as she got drunk when she went out with Yong Hwa and accidentally saw the Lee brothers.

“Where did you get these?” Woo Bin asked irritated.

“I hired someone to follow him after the night you asked him to walk your girlfriend in her apartment. I knew something is not right and I need to distance myself from him for a while so he won’t notice anything. Well, he’s too busy looking for your girlfriend to even notice that he’s been followed.” She explained.

“Shin Hye told me that she was with Yong Hwa that night and Yong Hwa confirmed it too. How will I know that these picture aren’t edited?” he asked in denial.

“Well, you’re a rich man and you have a lot of people who can check those picture if they are edited. It’s all up to you.” She said confidently.

“You! What the hell are you?” he shouted in anger.

“I’m just a woman in love. And I will do anything to keep the guy I want by my side.” She said smirking.

“But you’re already engaged to Kim Soo Hyun and you have Lee Min Ho hyung wrap around your hand. Why do you need Jong Suk for?” he asked still thinking about Jong Suk welfare.

“So, you found out about Min Ho oppa. Your people are good, I tried to lay-low on seeing him when I knew that you had someone following me but you still found out. Firstly, I don’t like Kim Soo Hyun oppa, it’s just a business thing and secondly, Min Ho oppa is, let’s just say someone I can turn to when I’m bored and Jong Suk oppa, I love him.” She explained.

“Oh, now I know. You’re just some spoiled brat who is used to getting what you want and when Jong Suk rejected you, your pride was hurt and turn to some playgirl to get his attention but failed and now you’re trying to ruin someone else’s relationship to satisfy yourself.” He said trying to figure her out.

“So, you still don’t believe me ah? Well, I think I need to show you these pictures taken from your girlfriend’s apartment after Jong Suk oppa carried her on his back.” Suzy pulls an envelope in her bag and stands to face Woo Bin and suddenly slaps him in the face.

“Yah! Woo Bin-ah, wake up. Wake up!” Jong Kook slapped Woo Bin trying to wake him up.

Woo Bin felt the pain in his right cheek and suddenly wakes up. “Ah, hyung. What are you doing?” he said rubbing his right cheek.

“Shin Hye had been calling for hours but you were not answering so she called me. And I’d seen you here sleeping and looked like you were having a nightmare. I’d been trying to wake you up for five minutes.” Jong Suk said in relief.

“Ah jinjja? It was just a dream? Thank goodness. I knew Jong Suk will never do that to me or even Shin Hye.” He said letting out a heavy sigh while gliding his fingers in his hair. His face suddenly gets serious when he thought about China.

“You should call Shin Hye. She’s been worrying about you.” Jong Kook said giving him water.

“Thank you hyung.” He drinks the water that Jong Kook handed him. “What time is it?” he put the glass on the table.

“It’s past 7 in the evening.” He said looking at his watch.

“Oh . I have a dinner with Shin Hye in her apartment. Where’s my phone?” he looks around trying to find his phone.

“Here.” Jong Kook hands him his phone.

“We need to go hyung. She must have been waiting for me that’s why she’s been calling.” He said grabbing his coat in his chair before dialing Shin Hye’s number.

 

Jong Suk is on the elevator down to the car park from his office. He’s thinking on what he should do after his trip to Busan. He decided earlier that he will tell Woo Bin about his feelings to Shin Hye and his plan to fight for her. Sure, that he will get mad and might even punch him or kick him but it doesn’t matter because he already made his mind. But the question in his mind is how will he going to tell him? Maybe over a coffee? Or over a golf? Or over a meal? Well, he might get a better idea after Busan. The elevator opens and he is happily walking to his car when someone from behind calls his name.

“Jong Suk oppa!” the woman suddenly hugs him from his back.

“Yah! Who the hell…?” Jong Suk curse and tried to push the hands of the woman. “Yah! Suzy, what are you doing?” he said letting go of her hands on his waist.

“I miss you oppa. It’s been a long time. Didn’t you miss me?” Suzy said with her cute smile.

“I don’t. What do you want now?” Jong Suk asked walking away.

“Last time we met, you kissed me. I thought we are getting back after that?” she said following him.

“It was a mistake. I just wanted you to stop talking and leave me alone that night. I’m sorry if you misunderstood.” Jong Suk said stopping on the driver door of his car.

“But that’s not how I felt. I know there is still something there for me.” She said and suddenly gets in the car.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” he said getting in the driver seat. “Get out of my car.”

“I just want to talk oppa. Don’t worry I’m not going to push myself to you. I just want to talk to a friend.” She gives him a cute smile.

“Get out of my car and find another friend to talk to.” He said opening the passenger seat door.

Suzy closed the door and locked it. “Oppa, I had a fight with eomma. I told her I want to break the engagement and she got mad. Can we just talk like the old days? I just need someone to talk right now, ah?” she said with her teary eyes.

Jong Suk felt a little guilty for trying to push her away so he let her off and drive his car. He knew how her mom is when she’s mad so he understands her situation right now. She used to have fights with her mom when they were still together because of him. Because her mom doesn’t like him in the beginning but he and Suzy won over her at the end, well until Suzy just disappeared.

Jong Suk is driving quietly as he glances at sobbing Suzy. A woman crying is the one thing he hates the most in this world. He wants to console her but he’s afraid that she might misunderstands his intention. He didn’t say anything and just continue driving while Suzy continue to sob while texting someone in her phone. Jong Suk thought she might be texting her mom. Suzy wipes her face with her hands and fix herself when Jong Suk stopped in a parking lot of an Italian restaurant.

“Let’s eat first.” Jong Suk said going out of the car.

“Neh. It’s your treat.” Suzy said in a cute voice.

Jong Suk walks straight inside the restaurant when Suzy grabs his arm and encircle her arm on it. Jong Suk was startled and push her arm away which makes Suzy pout, but inside she’s burning with anger. Jong Suk pulled out a chair for her that makes her smile widely.

“Oppa, you’re really a gentleman.” She said smiling.

“Order what you want.” Jong Suk said coldly.

Suzy turn the pages of the menu while the waiter is waiting in her side. “Give me a Small Greek Salad, a Chicken Parmigiana with Spaghetti and a bottle of Ecco Domini Italian Pinot Grigio white wine.” She said waving her hand in the air.

“Cancel the wine. Give her a Cranapple juice instead.” The waiter nods in agreement.

“Oppa, you don’t want me get drunk? Don’t worry it’s not soju, I will not get drunk by wine, so you don’t have to piggy back me.” She said smirking.

Jong Suk was intrigue by her statement but chose to ignore it. “Give me an Angel Hair and Meatballs and a Dasani Water. Thank you.” He said closing the menu.

The waiter repeated their orders and when Jong Suk confirmed, he walked to prepare the orders.

“Oppa, aren’t you curious, why I want to break the engagement?” Suzy asked the silent Jong Suk.

“Not really. Just talk, whatever you want to say. I will just listen but you won’t hear a word from me.” Jong Suk said looking at her.

“Oppa, why are you so cold to me? I thought we can be good friends if we can’t get back together anymore. It hurts my heart more by you treating me like this.” She said giving him a sad face.

“If you will not say anything then let’s just eat in silence.” Jong Suk gives her an exaggerated smile.

Suzy let out a heavy sigh. “I wanted to break the engagement because I’m in love with someone else. I’m seeing someone right now and I want to be with him, not with someone that my mother chose.” She said drinking some water.

Jong Suk sit in silence not even looking at her but sure he’s listening to her. Though he’s a bit shock by what she said he chose not to react for her not to misunderstand anything.

“I met him in a party last week, his name is Lee Min Ho oppa, the heir to Empire High. When he heard that I’m engaged to someone else, he broke up with me and said that if I really want him I should break the engagement, but eomma doesn’t want to.” She explained with almost a teary eye.

Suzy was about to sob when the waiter came with their food. She immediately fix herself and Jong Suk hands her a napkin to wipe the tears that almost fell in her eyes. Jong Suk somehow feels sorry for her but relief at the same time knowing that she won’t bother him anymore. But it will not be good to be friends with her after their relationship, as Shin Hye might misunderstands. Yes, he now considers Shin Hye’s feelings, actually it will always come first when he needs to make decisions. Well, he might be really in love with her.

Jong Suk is still in silence eating his dinner while Suzy is telling her story in between.

 

Shin Hye is busy preparing the table as Woo Bin called her that he’s on his way. She was worriedly sick as he could not reach him when she was calling him but it’s over now when Woo Bin called her and told her that he fell asleep while lying on the couch in his office. Shin Hye understood that he might be really tired working hard with the China expansion. She knows that he’s doing it for their future so she’s more determine now to make him good food and make him happy. She’s finishing setting up the table with the plates and spoon when her phone rings. She wiped her hands on her apron and answer the call.

“Yoboseyo?” she said over the phone.

“Yah! I heard you’re cooking. I’m going to crash later so please save some food for me.” Yong Hwa said to her.

“Wae? Are you drinking?” she asked curiously.

“Ani. We’re recording and we might finish late. I don’t wanna come home in an empty place so I’ll just stay in your apartment.” He explained.

“Okay. If I’m already sleeping just come in and don’t bother pressing the doorbell. I will leave you some food in the oven.” She instructed.

“Arasso. Gomawo Sssinz.” He said and about to end the call when Shin Hye talks.

“Yong, can we talk before you leave for Busan?” she asked.

“Wae? Have you made your mind?” he answered with a question.

“Yes and I just want to hear your opinion about it.” She said thinking.

“Okay. I’m free tomorrow morning. What time will you be in the hospital?” he asked.

“I need to go early. Can we just have a lunch?” she asked hoping he’ll say yes.

“Ah, I’m afraid I can’t. We have a variety show taping in the afternoon. What about dinner?” he asked politely.

“I’m going to have dinner with Woo Bin. We made a deal that we’re going to eat dinner together.” She answered biting her nail.

“Just wake me up early then and cook a breakfast before you go.” He said compromising.

“Okay. I will wake you up before I go.” She said agreeing.

“I need to go. Let’s talk about it when I get there.” He said and ended the call.

Shin Hye continue setting up the table when the front door opens and it is Woo bin carrying a box of strawberry cake that Shin Hye’s favorite. Woo Bin walks straight to where she is standing next to the table before he put the cake on the table and back hug her. Shin Hye holds his hands before turning around to face him. Woo Bin gives him a peck on her forehead.

“Wae? What’s wrong?” she asked giving him a cute smile.

“I’m sorry… for making you… worry.” He said in between kisses on her cheek, eye and nose.

“Just don’t do it again.” She smiles at him.

She was about to let go of his hug to remove her apron but Woo Bin hold her tighter. “Don’t. Let’s just stay like this for a while.”

“Wae? Did you miss me that much?” she said while hugging him back.

“Neh. So much.” He said facing her and giving her a passionate kiss on her lips.

Shin Hye kiss him back and they stay like that for a while. It’s like remembering each other’s mouth after a long time of being busy with their respective careers. Woo Bin is starting to feel hot and about to lay Shin Hye on top of the table, but Shin Hye broke the kiss. She suddenly thought about Jong Suk’s kiss, it’s different. And she’s starting to compare Woo Bin to Jong Suk now. Why the hell does she need to do that if she doesn’t feel something for Jong Suk? She needs to stop before it gives her a headache again. Woo Bin is his boyfriend and she only need to cherish him.

“I cooked all of these for you. My effort will be a waste if you don’t eat them.” She said after breaking the kiss.

“Arasso. Let’s eat then, so we can go to bed early.” He said in a naughty voice.

“Yah! Are you going to sleep here?” she said slapping his arm.

“Wae? Am I not allowed to stay here anymore? Are you waiting for someone special that I should not be here to see? Are you cheating on me? Who is it? I’m going to kill him?” he said exaggerating.

“Neh. I’m cheating to you with Choi Dal Po. I’m going to watch my favorite drama online after dinner.” She said removing her apron.

“Choi Dal Po? Is that a new drama? What happened to Choi Young Do? I thought you love that character? Are they related?” he asked sitting on his chair.

“The drama where Choi Young Do is, already ended. The one with Choi Dal Po is new, so they are not related.” She said smirking.

“Ah, now I need to compete with Choi Dal Po? I didn’t even know who won between me and Choi Young Do.” He said shaking his head.

Shin Hye stood up from her chair and walks to Woo Bin. “Of course you won, you’re still with me and Choi Young Do is in my past.” She said giving him a peck on his lips.

“Woah, you cooked all my favorite. Ddeokboki and Black Bean noodles. I think I will need to call Jong Suk after this.” He said while eating the food on his plate.

Shin Hye almost drop the glass in her hand when she heard Jong Suk name. “Lee Jong Suk? Wae?”

“I invited him to go to gym with me but he hates exercising, so I just told him to run with me.” He said wiping his face.

“Ah is that so.” She said putting the glass of water on Woo Bin’s side.

“Where were you this morning? I went to Jong Suk’s house, I thought I was going to see you there but Jong Sukki said you didn’t come there.” He said while eating his share of Black Bean Noodles.

“Neh. Lee Jong Suk called me not to come because his mom was already feeling okay. And on my way to the hospital Dr. Yoo called me to meet him in his house. He’s going to Massachusetts for a while and wanted me to take charge of his special clients. We visited three of his special clients and went to the hospital together.” She explained.

“So you will be busier. How many times do you need to visit them? And who are these people?” he asked with a sad face.

“Don’t worry I’ll make sure that I still have time for you.” She holds his hand that is sitting on the table. “I need to check on them every other week.” She said smiling.

“Do I know the families? I think I need to come with you when you visit them.” He said holding her hand tighter.

“I would love that. The other one is the CEO of Empire High. I think you know his son, Lee Min Ho-ssi. The other one is the CEO of Beom Jo Department Store, I think you know her son too, Kim Young Kwang-ssi. And the last one is Lee Jong Hyun’s mom. So, you know all of them.” She said giving him a cute smile.

“So, you’ll be seeing Jong Suk often then.” He said looking in her eyes.

“Not Lee Jong Suk but his mom.” She said letting go of his hand to pick up her chopsticks.

“I always meet Lee Min Ho hyung in the Golf Club and Young Kwang hyung and I attended the same university, so I am close to him.” He said while eating his black bean noodles.

“Ah, now I feel okay.” She smirks.

Woo Bin stopped eating and looked at her in the eyes. “Wait a sec, aren’t you close to all of them? You are pretty close to Min Ho hyung, if I’m not mistaken he even courted you when you were still a residence. And I introduced you to Young Kwang hyung and you told me that you still have contact with him, you exchange text messages sometimes. You!” Woo Bin said remembering and acted to pinch Shin Hye’s face.

Shin Hye cups her face with her hands. “Miane. I was just trolling you. I thought you already forgot. I haven’t seen Min Ho oppa since we bumped to him in the restaurant. I haven’t texted Young Kwang oppa for a long time, but I texted him earlier to inform him.” She said still cupping her face.

“I think I should really come with you when you visits them. You should tell me your schedule from now on.” He said firmly.

“Ah, my very protective and demanding Woo Binni. I’m the luckiest girl in the world for having you” She said with her aegyo.

“I should be. They used to be competitions.” He said with a serious face.

“Ah by the way, I met Yeon Suk oppa in their house. Looks like he’s staying here while Dr. Yoo is in the states. He’s inviting us for dinner.” She said teasing him.

“Seriously? Why are these dudes appearing at the same time? We should get married immediately.” He said sitting up straight and grabbing her hand.

“I will happily marry you anytime, as long as we have your mom’s approval.” She said winking and continue eating.

“Ah jinjja. Let’s just get married in secret.” He said stubbornly.

“Do we need to talk about this again?” she said giving him an eye.

“Let’s just eat and watch that drama together.” He said with an awkward face that made Shin Hye laughs.

 

Shin Hye was awaken by her phone alarm, she immediately snooze it off so that Woo Bin will not be awaken. She checks the clock on her table beside her bed and it is 6 in the morning. She turns around to face Woo Bin and give him a morning peck on his lips but didn’t say anything. Woo Bin moved as he felt Shin Hye’s lips in his. He opens his eyes to look at her and closed them right away after seeing her smile. He holds her closer to him and hugs her tighter. They stayed like that for ten minutes while Shin Hye was caressing his face and trailing the growing hair in his chin.

Shin Hye got up from bed and gives another kiss on Woo Bin’s lips before going out of her room. She walks straight to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. She rummages on her fridge and grabs the cold rice and the fried rice mix. She will fry hotdogs and eggs for their breakfast. She’s busy cooking when Woo Bin came out from her room shirtless. He sneaks onto the kitchen and Shin Hye almost drop the bowl that she’s holding with the cold rice when Woo Bin hugs her from the back.

“Ah I will never get tired waking up like this every day. Good morning yeobo.” He said and gives her a kiss on her neck.

“Yah! I’m cooking. And why don’t you have a shirt on?” she said turning around to face him.

“I can’t find my shirt that you tossed last night.” He said teasing her.

“I put it in the dirty clothes bin. You have an extra shirt on my drawer on the left side where my shirts are hanging.” She said turning around again to continue her cooking while Woo Bin is still hugging her.

“What time do you need to be in the hospital?” he asked looking at what Shin Hye is doing.

“I need to be there at 8:30am. I need to help Soo Hyun oppa with some research.” She said still focused on cooking.

“How was his engagement? Have you met his fiancée?” he asked while massaging Shin Hye’s shoulders.

“Nope, I don’t think I would be able to meet her. He still hates the idea of his mom setting him up with someone to marry him. He’s still on a hunt for someone to marry him to get out of the engagement.” She said giving Woo Bin a spoonful of fried rice to taste.

“Woah, you’re really a great cook.” He said giving him a thumb’s up. “So, he already gave up on you?” he asked teasing.

“Neh. Wae? Would you want me to marry him for money and connection to get your mom’s approval?” she counters.

“Don’t you ever… I will lock you to a room before even doing that. You are allowed to marry just one man and that’s only me. Arasso?” he said pinching her button nose.

“Arasso yeobo. Now go and take a shower before we eat. I’ll just check on Yong Hwa.” She said pushing him to her room.

Woo Bin stopped on the door. “Yong Hwa is here? When did he come?” he asked curiously.

“I don’t know what time he came but he’s here. The food that I left in the oven for him are all gone. He called me yesterday that he’s going to crash here after their recording.” She explained

“Ah, is that so. I barely sleep last night and I didn’t even heard him enter the door.” He said puzzled.

“Neh, you barely sleep that you were snoring the whole night.” She said smirking. “Go on.” She said and slapped him in his .

Woo Bin suddenly grabs her and put her in a tight hug. “Are you trying to pick a fight?” he said and kisses her all over her face.

“Ani. Mian. Miane.” Shin Hye apologized while giggling and pushing Woo Bin away. “You take a shower and I’ll check on Yong Hwa.”

Shin Hye walks straight to where Yong Hwa is sleeping. She knocked on his door twice but he was not answering, so she decided to just come in. Yong Hwa is sleeping covered his whole body including his head with the blanket. Yong Hwa tossed and turned from the bed, a sign that he’s already awake.

“Yah! Wake up.” Shin Hye kneeled on the bed and pulled down his blanket.

“Ssinz, can you just let me sleep for a couple of minutes more?” he said not moving.

“Ani. Come on, get up.” She said while slapping his arms.

“Yah! Your hands are too heavy that it hurts when you do that.” He said sitting on the bed.

“I know what you’re going to say, it’s because I eat a lot.” She said smiling. “Get moving I’ll wait for you in the kitchen and prepare you a cup of hot Americano.” She bribe.

Shin Hye went out of the room and walked to the kitchen to make some coffee. Yong Hwa went out of the room still half asleep rubbing his eyes with his both palms and yawning.

“Here.” Shin Hye hands him his coffee.

“Gomawo. So, what happened?” he asked drinking from his cup.

“Sssshhh… Woo Bin-ah is taking a shower in my room.” She said putting his right pointer finger in her lips.

“Woo Bin slept here? Yah! Why are you letting other man sleep in your house?” he said slapping her hand.

“Yah! He’s not other man, he’s my boyfriend. As if you don’t know.” She said slapping his hand back. “Anyway, I already talked to Jong Suk and we agreed to forget what happened and continue our life. Him being friend with Woo Bin and me his girlfriend.” She explained.

“That easy? I thought he likes you? He just let go as easy as that?” he asked confused.

“Wae?” she asked curiously.

“Nothing. So you’re not going to tell Woo Bin what happened?” he asked pointing in her room.

“I will. I definitely will tell him. I just need to find the right time and place to tell him.” She said thinking hard.

“Neh, you should. It would not be fair for him if you will not tell him. But what if he breaks up with you?” he asked being pessimistic.

“Yah! Don’t say that. But if ever that happened I won’t let him go. I will do everything to show him that I love him and only him.” She said positively.

“Well, that’s better. I just want you to be happy, you know that right?” he said holding her hand while smiling.

“Neh. Gomawo Yongie. I think I already gone crazy if you’re not here.” She said smiling back.

They continue to talk, now about their work. Yong Hwa is telling her about their new album that will be coming out on the 3rd quarter of this year and the recording and editing that still need to be done. And how fun it is this time to make an album because all the members are contributing in composing songs. He thinks that s have all grown up since their debut, that makes Shin Hye agrees. Yong Hwa was in the middle of telling her a story of the anti-fan when a phone rings.

“Is that you’re phone?” Yong Hwa asked her.

“Ani. My phone is in the room.” She said looking around. “Ah, I think its Woo Bin-ah’s phone. He left it on the living room table.” Shin Hye said glancing at the phone.

“Why don’t you answer it?” Yong Hwa suggested.

“Ani. It’s not right. It will stop if no one answers anyway.” She said tempted to answer the call.

Yong Hwa continued his story telling when the phone rings again. They ignored it for the second time, but it kept ringing when no one answered.

“Yah! Why don’t you just answer it? It might be important and it’s annoying already.” Yong Hwa said annoyingly.

Shin Hye stood up and walked to the living room where the phone is laying on the table. She checks on the screen and a name ‘Don’t Answer’ appears as the caller.

‘Eh, why is it saved as ‘Don’t Answer’? She asked herself and having a second thought if she should pick it up or not but Yong Hwa gave her an eye as it keeps ringing. She finally picked up the phone and answers it. “Yoboseyo?”