Freeway

Crossroads

Jong Suk and Shin Hye immediately walked to her home after eating at the Udon House near her building. The air becomes colder as the leaves on the trees standing on the street are starting to change color, a sign that autumn is on his way. Shin Hye decided to make them a chamomile tea to warm their cold body while Jong Suk waits quietly on the kitchen table.

“Are you okay?” she asked facing him on the other chair.

“Yes. I’m just thinking.” He answered getting back to his senses.

Shin Hye stands up and gets the tea pot. “Thinking about what?” she asked while pouring the tea on the cup sitting in front of him and her. “I hope it’s not something serious.” She added sitting back across him.

“Come closer here.” He commanded while pointing on the chair next to him.

Shin Hye moved on the next chair beside him on the four-chaired table and he’s just staring at her while she keeps on sipping her tea. When she finally puts down her cup on the table, he suddenly pulls her chair closer to him to make them sit side by side. He puts his head on her shoulder and hold her hand tight.

“Yah, are you okay? What’s going on? Are you sick?” she asked worriedly and pulls her hand and place it on his forehead to check his temperature.

Jong Suk grabs her hand again and continues to hold it tight. “I’m just thinking if all of these are true. Me in your house and sitting with you drinking chamomile tea.” He said touching the warm cup of tea on his other hand.

“What if it is all a dream? What will you do then?” she asked curiously while playing on his hand.

Jong Suk lifts up his head and turns to look at her. “I’d rather stay unconscious and stay in this dream with you, where I am complete.” He answered with full sincerity.

“Then I think I need to wake you up from your dream because I can’t let you stay unconscious. It is my duty as a doctor to get you on your right mind and the duty as your girlfriend to make sure you stay with me in reality.” She said and moves closer to him to kiss his lips. “Now, it is reality and I am real. You are here in my kitchen drinking chamomile tea with me.” She said giving him a smile.

Jong Suk shakes his head confusedly. “Ani. I think I need more of that to wake me up and put me in reality because I think I just heard you said “your girlfriend”. He said teasing her to kiss him again.

Shin Hye kissed him the second time and the third time but Jong Suk haven’t had enough and continue to by rubbing his nose to hers.

“Yah! Even sleeping beauty only needed one kiss to wake up.” She complains. “And your lips are cold, so drink that tea up.” She added drinking the last drop in her cup.

Jong Suk offered her his cup of tea.

“Wae? You don’t want it?” she asked curiously.

“Drink it and then warm my lips with yours.” He said with a naughty smile.

“Yah! Pyontae!” she said standing from her chair.

“Where are you going?” he asked pulling her hand to him.

“I’m going to look for a change of clothes for you. I think Hae Jin oppa left something when he last visited Seoul.” She explained.

“Why would I need clothes when you’re going to take them off later anyway?” he said with a naughty smile.

“Pyontae!” she said with a disgusted face and walks away.

Jong Suk looks at her with a contented smile while drinking his tea. He can’t help but admire that confidently strong woman and she’s his finally. “It was all worth it.” He murmurs.

Jong Suk was so absorbed with his thought and didn’t realized that minutes have passed while holding his empty cup. He wants to spend his whole life with her but wished that the time would stop at this moment. Shin Hye haven’t comes out of the room so he stood up and washed his cup in the sink before walking to the room where Shin Hye came to look for clothes.

“Shin Hye-yah! Hey, where are you?” he calls on the room but there’s no one there. “Ah, I didn’t even see her go out. Where is she?” he asked talking to himself and walks to her room. “Shin Hye are you here?”

“Neh. I put the clothes on the bed. You can use the bathroom in the next room.” The voice said coming from the bathroom.

“Are you taking a shower already? Why didn’t you waited for me?” he asked disappointed.

“Yah! I told you to stop thinking erted things. I’m almost done if you want to use this bathroom.” She answered turning off the shower.

Jong Suk grabs the clothes lying on the bed with a disappointed look and with his pouting lips. With his head lowered down, he didn’t notice when Shin Hye went out of the bathroom covered with just her towel. Shin Hye slowly walks to his back and act like cutting his pouting lips with her two fingers.

“I will cut those lips if you don’t stop pouting. You almost block the door of my bathroom with that long pout.” She said surprising him.

“What will I do? I am very disappointed.” He reason out.

“I called you twice when I went out of the room but you were busy spacing out. We will have a lot of time spend together so don’t worry about it, we will get there eventually. But right now, I am really tired and I know you are too, so please get in there so we can rest already.” She said giving him a kiss on his lips.

Jong Suk drops the clothes on the bed and pulls her tightly to his embrace and kisses her passionately. His hands are starting to run on her back and just before he pulls out the towel covering her body, his phone rings.

Shin Hye pulls out from the kiss. “Aren’t you going to take that?”

“Just ignore it, it will stop if no one answers.” He said and continue to kiss her lips.

The ringing stopped and the intense kissing continues. Shin Hye helps him to remove his upper clothing and Jong Suk successfully remove the towel covering her body and her undergarments are now exposed. He carried her with her thighs around his waist and laid her on the bed. He kneed and started to take off his belt and ped his flier. Shin Hye seated and helps him take off his pants, now with his CK underwear exposed. He pushes her with her back on the bed and started to kiss her again. Shin Hye moan and tried to grasp for air while Jong Suk continue to explore her neck with his lips. He’s going lower to her collar bone, back to her neck and down to her shoulders and when he’s about to down-down, her phone rings.

“Don’t answer it.” He said kissing back her neck.

“It might be my mom. I need to get it.” She said tapping his back.

Jong Suk buried his face on her neck and with his heart racing that she can feel in her belly. She reached for her phone on her side table.

She glance at the caller id and puzzled with the caller. “Yobosaeyo?” she asked while running her fingers on her back. “Neh, he’s here. Wait a second.” She said and taps his back. “It’s for you.”

Jong Suk lifts up his head and gives her a questioning look. Shin Hye hands him her phone and kisses his lips before getting up.

“Yobosaeyo?” Jong Suk asked over the phone but his eyes are following Shin Hye who grabs the towel on the floor and enters the bathroom.

“Hyung, I called your phone but you were not answering, I called home but you and mom aren’t there and I called Ji Sung hyung and said that you might be with Shin Hye. What are you doing at Shin Hye’s house? What’s going on?” Jong Hyun blabber over the phone.

“Yah! Did you just call to say that? Did you know that you develop a habit of getting into a bad timing? Don’t even try to show your face to me because I am going to kill you.” He warned trying to calm himself.

“Saesang-e, I don’t even wanna hear why I called in a bad timing. Hyung, I am in a very difficult situation here, I am like panicking right now.” He said with a worried voice.

“Wae? Were you caught dating already?” he teases.

“Ani. I am not even dating anyone right now. I lost my phone somewhere. I remember putting it down on the table in a restaurant and when I remember to call eomma it wasn’t there anymore.” He explained.

“That’s bad. Did you changed your password already and deleted the items on your gallery?” he asked curiously.

“Neh. Min Hyukkie already help me to do that. Eomma might worry if she couldn’t contact me, but I already message her using Manager Bruce’s phone.” He added.

“Maybe one of your stalker fan took it. Be careful with your stuffs from now on. You can always buy another one but the stuffs inside are important. Warn your fans too that you lost your phone, so when they see some scandalous picture or video of you they know.” He said concern with a little of teasing.

“Yah! I don’t have a scandalous pictures or videos. The only things that I keep on my phone are the picture of my travel and my guitar practices. Anyway, I just wanted to inform you and if you want to contact me, you can reach me thru Manager Bruce’s phone. I will get a new one when we get back to Seoul. Now, you can go back to whatever you’re doing.” He said before ending the call.

“Ah jinjja.” He said sighing.

“Did he lost his phone?” she asked getting out from the bathroom.

Jong Suk stood up and walks to her. “Neh.” He answered back hugging her before kissing her neck. “Now where were we?”

Shin Hye cups his face with her right hand. “I already check the water and it is cold enough for you.” She said caressing his face.

“Ah I guess I really need a cold shower tonight.” He said and kisses her cheek before going in the bathroom.

“What time should I wake you up?” she asked over the bathroom door.

“I need to go early, I will wake you up before I leave.” He said.

“Okay. I don’t need to go to the hospital in the morning but I need to clean and decorate my new office.” She said sitting on the bed.

“Do you want me to help you with the furniture? I can go after work.” He offered.

“Its okay, Hong Ki promised to help me and I’m sure Soo Hyun oppa and Ha Neul will help me too. Ah I’m so excited just thinking about it.” She said excitedly.

Jong Suk turns the shower again so he didn’t hear what she said the latter. He sighs with the thought that Shin Hye is surrounded by men. He knew that they are her friends but he can’t help but feel jealous every time she mentions her guy friends, he’s a man after all.

Shin Hye is already sleeping when he came out of the bathroom. He stares with her for a while before lying beside her. He hugs her on the back, who is sleeping on her left side. She moved closer to him and she hold his hand to her chest while he kisses her head good night.

 

The wind outside is becoming colder and colder with the change of season, sure the autumn is here and for the next months the air will be much colder accompanied by snow. It’s six in the morning and the street of Seoul is already busy with the cars rolling on the road and people busily walking and some are piling up in the coffee shop to take some hot drinks.

Back to Shin Hye’s house, she is sound asleep inside Jong Suk’s warm hug. Jong Suk wakes up with the sound of his phone alarm that makes Shin Hye cuddle closer to him. He reached for his phone with his eyes closed and press the snooze-off button. His finger seems to memorize where the snooze-off button is as he did it with his eyes closed. He only open his eyes to look at the woman cuddled to him as he feels his heavy breathing to his bare chest. He leans forward to kiss her forehead before giving her a morning kiss to her lips. Shin Hye felt the coldness around his lips.

“Ah, it’s so cold.” He said and hold her tighter.

Shin Hye pulls up the comforter to cover their body. “Don’t go yet, let’s stay like this for a while.” She murmurs.

“Okay, I can stay for 10 minutes more. I need to go home to change before going to the office.” He said.

“Stop talking.” She said twitching her head that made some strands of hair falls down to her face.

Jong Suk helps her moved the strands of her to the back of her ear before kissing her bare ear. Shin Hye move with his action and rubs her ear.

“Stop staring at me, my cheeks are bloating.” She said even though her eyes are still closed.

“Then what can I do? I can’t talk and can’t stare at you.” He said smiling while caressing her cheek.

“Just kiss me.” She said moving backward to give him access to her lips.

They tease each other by turn on kissing each other until Jong Suk has to leave.

 

Shin Hye is in a hurry walking to the coffee shop. She fell asleep again after Jong Suk left and now she’s running late on meeting Hong Ki. She knew that he will be piss and she will be forever carry it as Hong Ki will surely reminds her every time they meet.

She reached the coffee shop out of breath and check the people around before looking at her watch. “Ah, thank goodness he’s not here yet.” She sigh in relief.

A guy put his arm around her neck. “Yah! You’re eight minutes late.”

“Yah! It’s only eight minutes compare to you who always come thirty minutes late.” She said trying to regulate her breathing. “What’s with the green hair?” she asked starting to laugh but Hong Ki covers .

“It’s a disguise.” He said dragging her to the corner table.

“Yah!” she protested after removing his hand on .

“Sit down and stop shouting or you will get an unnecessary attention.” He said looking down.

“Did Taka inspire you to get that color? I saw their Monster Rock episode and he’s sporting a green hair too. Ah, you two are really best buds.” She commented.

“Ani. I didn’t even know he colored her hair green too.” He answer. “Yah, you will going to treat me today for being late and for helping you. So, why don’t we start now with a Cafe Americano and caramel bagel?” He said.

“Ah jinjja, you haven’t done anything yet.” She said sulking before going to the counter to place their order.

Shin Hye goes back with their order in tray. She hurriedly put down the tray in front of Hong Ki because her phone suddenly rings.

“Yah, you almost pour me the coffee. Can you be more careful?” he said a bit irritated.

“Miane. I’m waiting for eomma’s call.” She apologized and glances at her phone screen. “Yes? How’s the tour going?” she said over the phone.

“Is it Yong Hwa? Let me talk to him.” Hong Ki said and opening his hand to hand him the phone.

“Neh, I’m with Hong Ki-dah. He’s going to help me clean my new office. He wants to talk to you.” He said and hand him her phone.

“Yo! I heard you had a blast on the first day of the concert and I know it will be great later. Are you still shooting for the next video?” he asked.

“Neh but we’re on break. President Han said you’re busy writing songs for your next album. What are you doing with Ssinz? Why aren’t her boyfriend helping her instead?” Yong Hwa said over the phone.

“She begged me to help her. I guess she didn’t have a boyfriend then.” He said thinking. “I don’t know why they like her, you can’t get anything from her, she’s not even a woman.” He said teasing her that makes Yong Hwa laughs.

“Yah! Stop talking about me and Yong Hwa I can hear you laughing you out.” She shouted over the phone with her tiger look.

“I’m going to give back the phone or I will be kill any moment if I don’t stop.” He said before giving her back the phone.

“What do you want?” she asked annoyingly.

“I just wanna congratulate you for having your own office in the hospital. Congratulations!” he said singing the last word. “Ah yeah and I met Geun Suk hyung this morning.” He added.

“He’s in LA? Ah, that guy is everywhere but Seoul. How is he doing? Hong Ki met him too in Japan the last time but I can’t seem to get hold of him.” She said irritated with the fact that she misses her hyung-nim.

“I don’t think he’s planning to return to Seoul or Busan anytime soon. He’s in a vacation with his friends and they are planning to stay in the states for a couple of months. I invited him for tonight’s concert and he said he will come to watch.” He said.

“Well, as long as he’s not affected with any scandal. I guess he’s trying to get out of the eyes of people here.” She said sadly.

“I think he’s doing fine. And you know hyung, he is like you, a very strong person.” He said convincingly.

“You’re right. When will you get back?” she asked changing the topic.

“I don’t know yet. We have to stay for a couple of days or a week here after the concert to shoot the music video and to do some photoshoot with your boyfriend’s company.” He explained.

“Hyung, we need to get back.” Jung Shin shouted over the background.

“Well, I need to get back. We’ll talk more when I’m back.” He said before ending the call.

“Yah did you eat my muffin? I thought you wanted the caramel bagel?” she said noticing that her muffin is gone from the plate.

“Well, it looks delicious so I swap my bagel with your muffin.” He said giving him his cute-Jeremy smile.

“Ah jinjja!” she said irritated but eat the bagel anyway. “Isn’t President Han going to look for you?” she asked curiously.

“Ani. I told her I’m going to help you and you know that he can’t say and do anything when it comes with you.” He said proudly.

“Because he knows that you can’t get into any trouble or scandal when you’re with me. Ah, this is so unfair. Why do I always become one of the guys when I’m with you?” she said sadly with the situation but nevertheless okay with the situation because they don’t need to hide their friendship with the media.

“Because that’s what you are. You like boy stuffs and you act like a boy when you’re with me, that’s why we’re best buds.” He said with a grin.

“Ah I can’t believe it. Let’s go before I kill you in front of these people.” She said taking his coffee. “What about the furnitures?” she asked turning to look at him.

“I think they’re on their way. I asked someone to help me with out.” He answered.

“Ah I’m really excited.” She said happily and continue to walk out the door.

 

Jong Suk went straight to his office after picking up Director Kwon’s daughter in the airport. Ji Sung called for a small gathering of the Directors in the office to introduce her only daughter and will be his successor in the future. Jong Suk have known her since he took over the company and has been close to Director Kwon’s family since then. The other directors know that Director Kwon and the old Lee agreed to marry their first born when they are ready but Jong Suk of course oppose to that idea because he has Suzy back then. But Director Kwon is eager to marry her daughter to him as he trust him as his own son.

After all the directors were gone, Yuri stayed at Jong Suk office while Jong Suk and Ji Sung had some meeting with the marketing department.

“Ah he never change, he likes simple things.” She said looking over his table. “Ah, I’m glad they are still close and still grounded even though they are both successful now. How long has been since I saw Jong Hyun? Ah, it’s been a long time I guess, he grew his hair long.” She said looking at the picture of Jong Suk with Jong Hyun.

“Oh Yuri-yah, are you bored? I’m sorry I needed to take Jong Suk for a while.” Ji Sung said coming in from the door.

“It’s fine, we will be together the whole day and night anyway. Right?” she said looking at Jong Suk who is entering the room.

“Yah, I told you I have something to do tonight. Ji Sung hyung will take you for dinner in their house.” He said smiling to Ji Sung.

“Yes I already called my wife to cook and she will be pissed if you will not come.” He said winking at her.

“Okay and I can’t wait to meet you daughter, I’m sure she’s very cute. So where are we going next?” she asked sitting on the sofa.

“Think where you want to go while I finish these papers.” Jong Suk said walking to his table with a pile of papers in his hands.

“So how’s your father? I heard the operation is a success.” Ji Sung asked sitting across her.

“Neh thank goodness. He needs some time to recover and rest. But you know how he is, he can’t stop himself from working and getting all this updates from the company that’s why I agreed to come here. He just stop when I said I’m coming and learn something from Jong Suk.” She said in relief.

“You’re an only child that’s why he relies on you to succeed him. You should hurry and find a good husband so your father can be at ease even if he retire.” He suggested.

“I don’t think I can do that because he only wants Jong Suk to take that position.” She whispers so that he can’t hear it.

“That would be a problem then.” Ji Sung said.

“I know right?” she agrees. “What if I seduce him?” she asked jokingly.

“Are you willing to go that far?” he rides the joke.

“If it is for my family, I guess I am.” She answered.

“It won’t work so stop thinking about it. I already told you that I have a girlfriend.” Jong Suk answered upon hearing them.

“It was a joke and I thought you’re not listening. Aren’t you done yet?” she asked walking to his table.

“I’m almost done so stop bothering and think where you want to go. I don’t wanna hear the wherever as long as we’re together thing.” He said pushing her hand away in which she used to cover the paper that he’s reading.

“What do you want for lunch?” Ji Sung asked.

“Ah, I wanna eat Italian food. I miss Korean food but I prefer to eat Italian food right now.” She said craving.

“Should I order right now?” Ji Sung asked.

“Ani. Jong Suk will take me out for lunch. Right Jong Suk?” she asked with her sweet look.

“Okay after I finish this. I know a restaurant near here.” He answered signing the last page of the paper he’s reading.

And after tents of minutes Jong Suk finished his work and call Mrs. Kim to take the papers and give them to Ji Sung.

“Ah finally. Let’s go I’m starving.” She said putting the magazine she’s reading down on the table.

“Italian food right? I think Mrs. Kim already called for a reservation.” He said wearing his coat.

“Actually, I don’t wanna eat Italian food anymore. I want some Korean food. I know a restaurant near here, so let’s walk our way there. Let’s eat some authentic Korean food.” She said putting her hand around his right arm.

 

After walking for tents of minutes they reached the restaurant that Yuri mention. The restaurant seems to be a popular one in this area as it is full of people. Jong Suk is looking over on the window glass and wondered if they can even secure a table for them with the people inside.

“Aren’t we suppose to make a reservation before going here? It seems like the restaurant is full.” He said hesitating to go inside.

“You haven’t change a little, you’re still afraid to the places with a lot of people. Don’t worry, they don’t accept reservations here but a friend of mine knows the owner so we will have a place there.” She said proudly and hold his hand.

“A friend?” he asked curiously.

“Neh. I texted her while waiting for you to finish and asked her to meet me and introduce her my boyfriend. So just pretend to be my boyfriend while she’s with us.” She said and they are still standing outside.

“Yah! How can you even say that when I have a girlfriend?” he said knocking her head lightly with his right fist.

“Your girlfriend won’t know it, it’s just between us and her. Don’t worry we will keep it a secret.” She said fixing her hair.

“Why would I do that?” he asked in disbelief.

“Because I boast that I have a handsome and successful boyfriend here in Seoul and I couldn’t take back what I said because she believes me and I don’t wanna ruin her trust.” She explained.

“Don’t you think this is worse than that if she finds out? And I will be in a big trouble if my girlfriend finds out. Andwe, am not gonna do it. Let’s go eat somewhere else.” He said trying to drag her away from the restaurant.

Yuri resisted and pulls his arm. “Don’t worry I will explain to your girlfriend if she finds out. So, stop complaining and let’s get inside because I’m starving already.” She said pulling him inside the restaurant.

She looks over the restaurant to check her friend and a smile form in her face as soon as she sighted her on the left corner of the restaurant. “Hey! Shin Hye-yah!” she calls while waving her hand.