Slippery Road

Crossroads

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye are talking with their eyes after what Geun Suk commented about Jong Suk.

‘Say something.’ Shin Hye's eyes said to Yong Hwa.

‘What will I say? You should have told Woo Bin about Jong Suk.’ Yong Hwa answered back with a glare and shrugs his shoulder.

“You must have been friends for a long time that you already adapt each other’s taste. Even with the ideal type of girl.” Geun Suk added while sipping his beer.

‘Is he already drunk? It’s too early to get drunk. How many can of beers did he already drink?’ Shin Hye is talking to herself while observing Geun Suk.

“Maybe, but who would not for with a girl like Shin Hye? I mean, she’s the perfect wife to be. She’s a doctor, so you don’t need to worry about taking care of, she is good at cooking and cleaning the house. She’s not a picky eater either. So, no wonder if Jong Suk have a crush on her.” Woo Bin finally said after the silence.

“Neh hyung, even eomma and your mother knows that. Hong Ki had a crush with her before too.” Yong Hwa added.

“You had a crush on me before? When? Wah, I didn’t know that.” Shin Hye said surprise.

“That was when I didn’t know you eat so much and I haven’t seen you sleeping. You look like stretching when you sleep not to mention your mouth open.” Hong Ki said shaking his head.

“But still, you had a crush on me. It just meant that somehow you finds me pretty.” She said proudly.

They continue to bicker at each other but Woo Bin stayed quiet. He will only say something when Geun Suk or Yong Hwa are asking him. It seems like Geun Suk comments had a big impact to him. What is he thinking? Does his suspicion becoming more concrete? What is it about Jong Suk and Shin Hye? He sure trusts Shin Hye but not his best friend.

 

At the hotel, Jong Hyun is preparing to go out and meet Min Hyuk, who went to the airport to fetch her girlfriend Krystal. Krystal just came today because she needed to take care some stuffs at the coffee shop.

Jong Hyun came out from the bathroom and saw Jong Suk lying lazily in the bed in a deep thought.

“Hyung, I thought you’re going out to meet a friend? Why are you still lying there?” Jong Hyun asked glancing at his brother in the mirror.

“I will go later. I’m thinking on what I should buy as a gift.” Jong Suk said still in a deep thought.

“Ah, buying gift for a girl is really hard. I usually asked eomma when it comes to that.” Jong Hyun said drying his hair.

“Ah that’s right, I should ask eomma for some advice.” Jong Suk said coming back to earth. “Yah, why are you wearing the same shirt that you wore when we got here? Find some new shirt on my bag. I think eomma put some extra shirt there.” He said noticing his brother in the mirror.

“I’m comfortable with it. I bought this when we were in Brazil. I’ll just borrow a long sleeve to wear it on top.” He said smiling to his brother.

“Okay, help yourself.” He said turning around on the bed. “Hey, what do you think of Jang Geun Suk-ssi?” Jong Suk asked turning to face Jong Hyun again.

“Geun Suk hyung? He’s a cool guy, a free spirited guy. Yong Hwa hyung and Hong Ki admires him so much. Wae? You were kinda close last night. What were you talking about?” Jong Hyun asked pulling a blue and white checkered long sleeves on Jong Suk cabinet.

“We mostly talked about Shin Hye. I don’t remember most of his story, but I knew they were really close and Yong Hwa too.” Jong Suk said looking at the ceiling now.

“Neh they are and with Hong Ki too. They are like real siblings. I actually admire their friendship, it never changes even with times.” He said while wearing the long sleeves.

“Ah, you think he’s into Shin Hye too? He seem so protective of her.” Jong Suk asked worriedly.

“I don’t think so, he treats Shin Hye as his little sister that’s why he’s so protective of her.” Jong Hyun said fixing his shirt.

“He would be a pretty tough competition if ever. But I’m glad he’s not.” He said looking to Jong Hyun again. “Are you going now?”

“Neh, Min Hyuk just texted me, they are already outside.” He said putting the phone back to his pocket. “I’ll see you this evening. I might come back late.” He said before going out of the room.

Jong Suk stayed lying on the bed while staring at the ceiling lost in the outer space again. He sure loves spacing out and thinking. Earth suddenly pulls him back from his thought when he remembered the gift that he needs to buy. He stood up from the bed and grabs his phone from the study table in front of the bed. He immediately dialed their home number.

“Eomma, it’s me.” He said as soon as his mother picked up the phone.

“Oh Jong Suk-ah. How are you doing there? Are you with your brother?” Mrs. Lee asked with concern.

“He just went out to meet Min Hyuk. Eomma, I’m going to a wedding anniversary. What should I bring?” He directly asked.

“Who’s wedding? Did you meet a friend there?” Mrs. Park inquired.

“Neh. It’s her parents wedding anniversary.” He answered.

“It depends on the year they are celebrating. How many years have they been married?” She asked thinking.

“Uhm, I think 40 years.” He said thinking hard about what So Ra said. “Neh, I’m sure they are celebrating their 40th year. What do you think?” he asked again.

“It should be something that has ruby in it. A ring or a necklace. But I’m sure most of the guests will bring those kind of gift.” Mrs. Lee said thinking hard.

“Should I just buy a necklace then?” Jong Suk asked impatiently.

“Ani. Why don’t you just buy her a bouquet of gladiolus? It’s the flower that symbolizes the 40th year wedding. I’m sure she’ll love those.” Mrs. Lee said confidently.

“Okay, I’ll buy her flowers. Thank you eomma. Are you enjoying your time with the twins?” Jong Suk asked curiously.

“Neh. They are so smart and funny like Hwi Jae. You should get married soon and give me a grandchild that I can play with, so I won’t be alone when you’re away. Your brother is not even interested on dating, so I can only count on you as the eldest.” Mrs. Lee said letting out a heavy sigh.

“Is that your wish? Ah, I need to work really hard to fulfill your wish eomma.” Jong Suk said with Shin Hye on his mind.

“Are you seeing someone right now?” Mrs. Lee asked curiously hoping that he’ll say yes.

“I really don’t know if you can call it like that, but I definitely like someone. I need to work really hard to get where I want.” Jong Suk hinted.

“Is that so? Just take your time son. The most important thing is you know where you want to go. But I’m really excited now that you like someone. I hope I can meet her sooner.” Mrs. Lee said excitedly.

“Don’t get too excited eomma. I’ll call you again later. I need to find a flower shop first.” Jong Suk said while looking at his watch.

“I know son. Tell your brother to call me. That boy always forget to call me when he’s with his friends. Have fun.” Mrs. Lee said smiling.

“Neh. Saranghaeyo eomma. Bye.” Jong Suk said before ending the call.

Jong Suk decided to talk to Woo Bin today about his feelings for Shin Hye. After talking to Geun Suk last night all he can think about is Shin Hye and how he desperately wants to see her. He stood up from the bed and walked to the bathroom to check his face in the mirror. His hair is a little mess up for lying in the bed, so he pulled a baseball cap in his bag and wore it before going out of the hotel room.

Jong Suk is walking on the street to the nearest flower shop in the hotel he’s staying. He smiles brightly as he look up in the sky. The weather is great, sure summer is on his way with the sun shines brightly. He blinks a couple of times as he sees someone familiar standing not far away from him in front of a bakeshop. He walks a little fast to confirm the identity of that girl.

“Jin Se Yeon?” Jong Suk whispered as he confirmed that he’s not mistaken.

“Huh, Jong Suk oppa. What are you doing here?” Se Yeon asked surprise.

“You. What are you doing here? I thought you’re in San Francisco enjoying your vacation.” Jong Suk asked with a wide smile.

“I came back last week. I met someone in there, and she asked me to come and visit her when I came back. I would never thought that I will see you here. Are you visiting someone too?” Se Yeon asked still surprise.

“I’m here for business, we just open another store yesterday. How long will you be here?” Jong Suk asked with a smile.

“I will go back to Seoul on Wednesday, I’m going to stay a couple of days more for a vacation.” Se Yeon answered with a sweet smile.

“Ah me too. Should we eat lunch together tomorrow?” Jong Suk asked in a friendly way.

“Yes, I like that. We have a lot to catch up anyway.” Se Yeon answered with a smile never leaving her lips.

Jong Suk’s mother, Kim Sung Ryoung and Se Yeon’s mother Jin Kyung are childhood best friends. When Jong Suk was still young, his mother always bring him with her every time she visits Jin Kyung. And when Jin Kyung got divorce, she and Se Yeon stayed for a couple of weeks in their house. Jong Suk is five year older than Se Yeon, so he cares for Se Yeon as his young sister. Jong Suk always thought that Se Yeon is in love with Jong Hyun and tried to pair them up by forcing Jong Hyun to play with her, in which Jong Hyun never really cared.

Time has passed and Jong Suk didn’t come with his mother when she visited Jin Kyoung because he’s already busy with his study and modelling. And that’s when Se Yeon realized that she’s in love with Jong Suk, but kept it for herself because she knows that Jong Suk only sees her as his younger sister. Or when she’s ready to confess Jong Suk was always in a relationship. But this time is different, she’s no longer a child and if Jong Suk could fall for someone like Suzy, who is the same age as her, why not with her?

“I heard you broke up with Suzy. Are you seeing someone now?” Se Yeon asked fidgeting.

“Why are all the women in my life is asking me the same question? Do I look like desperate to date someone?” Jong Suk asked pinching her cheeks.

‘He called me a woman.’ Se Yeon thought. “Ah, I’m sorry oppa. I just heard from eomma. So, are you dating someone?” she asked blushing.

“Hmmppp, I will tell you about it tomorrow. You haven’t change your number, right?” Jong Suk asked coming closer to her.

“Yes, I-I still have the same number.” Se Yeon said nervously as Jong Suk is close to her face.

“Okay I will call you then. I need to get going. Be careful, it’s seeing you all grown up.” He said and gave her kiss on her cheek. “Your face is like a tomato, you shouldn’t be staying outside for too long. Bye.” He said and winked at her.

Se Yeon almost fell on her knees as they got weak after Jong Suk kissed her. Yes, that proves that she’s still in love with her.

 

Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Krystal arrived at Park’s residence bringing gifts and the cake that Krystal baked at Yong Hwa’s parents’ house for Shin Hye’s mother, Kim Hae Sook.

“Oppa, someone came to the shop the other day and was looking for you.” Krystal said to Woo Bin.

“Huh, why would someone look for me in your coffee shop? Who is it?” Woo Bin asked curiously.

“I don’t know too, I forgot to ask her name.” Krystal said trying to remember her.

“Is she pretty?” Geun Suk asked turning to face Krystal.

“Yes. She was actually mad when I told her I didn’t know where you are.” Krystal answered remembering.

“Yah, are you cheating with Minam? Who is that woman?” Geun Suk asked curiously.

“I don’t know. Maybe an employee at the hotel or a long-time friend. I really don’t have any idea.” Woo Bin said honestly.

“Or a fan of yours? Woo Bin has a lot of fans even now. He quit modelling a long time ago but his fans are still around.” Shin Hye said walking to where Woo Bin is sitting with a bowl of salad in her hand.

“Ah right. Most of them some to the shop to wait for Woo Bin oppa. She must be wondering why you haven’t come to the shop for a while.” Krystal said in agreement.

“You have a loyal fans if that’s the case. Even if you already quit and in a serious relationship, they still stick with you. I hope my fans are like that. They will be happy for me if I announce that I’m in a relationship.” Geun Suk said letting out a heavy sigh.

“Hyung I think you drink enough. Dinner will be ready soon, so you should stop drinking, or eomoni will scold you again.” Yong Hwa reminded him.

“Nunna, I’ll be appearing in a fashion variety show and they asked to ask three persons that are close to me to make a commentary video about my fashion. Can you make one for me?” Jung Shin said suddenly changing the topic.

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing? If Shin Hye will make a video for you, another rumor about her and Yong Hwa will start again. They will definitely connect it to Yong again. Just asked someone else.” Hong Ki said twitching his lips.

“Ah you’re right hyung. Miane nunna, I forgot about that. What about you Krystal?” Jung Shin asked turning to Krystal with his puppy eyes.

“Yah! Do you want to die? Don’t drag Krystal on that.” Min Hyuk said irritated.

“Why don’t you just asked Hae Jin oppa? He appeared on one of your commentary video before, so I think it will be just fine if he do it once more.” Shin Hye said giving Jung Shin a sweet smile.

“Ah you’re right. Where is Hae Jin hyung?” Jung Shin said standing from his chair and rush inside the house to find Hae Jin.

“Ah, so childish.” Jong Hyun murmured.

“Guys, let’s get inside, dinner is ready and eomoni wants you all inside.” So Ra shouted coming out of the door.

They all got up and walked inside the house, while Shin Hye and Woo Bin were left to pick up the empty cans and put them in the trash bin.

“Jong Hyun-ah, you didn’t tell us that you have a handsome brother like you. Gomawo Jong Suk-ah for the flowers, I really love them. I was waiting for my husband to get me those flowers to represent our 40th anniversary but I guess he didn’t do his homework.” Mrs. Park said jokingly that everyone laughs.

“You’re welcome Mrs. Park. I asked my mom for an advice.” Jong Suk said humbly.

“I’ll just put them in the base and put them on the table for a center piece. You can have your seat on the table.” Mrs. Park said walking to the kitchen.

“I’ll help you eomoni.” So Ra offered following her.

“You got me in trouble there young man. But thank you for those flowers, you made her really happy.” Mr. Park said taking his seat on the dining table.

“Yah, I thought you were going somewhere to meet your friend? Why are you here?” Jong Hyun asked suspiciously.

“That’s right. I was talking about So Ra, she invited me here.” Jong said answered to his brother with a victory smile.

“Ah Jong Suk-ah I’m glad you came.” Hae Jin said giving Jong Suk a nod. “Where are Shin Hye and Woo Bin?” he asked looking around.

“We’re here. We just cleaned the empty cans.” Shin Hye said coming in. “Ah, Jong Suk-ah, you came too.” She said in surprise.

“Neh. I was alone in the hotel and decided to come. Yo! Woo Bin-ah.” He said spotting Woo Bin who is walking beside Woo Bin.

“Yo!” Woo Bin said waving his hand and suddenly put his other arm to Shin Hye’s waist.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Mrs. Park said walking out from the kitchen with So Ra who is bringing the vase with the flowers.

“Wow, those are beautiful flowers.” Shin Hye said in admiration.

“Jong Suk-ah brought them for me, which your father supposed to buy for me.” Mrs. Park said eyeing Mr. Park.

“Ah, is that so? Appa didn’t do his homework.” Shin Hye said teasing his father.

Mr. Park just smile with the two important woman in his life teaming up to . Woo Bin pulled out the chair for Shin Hye to sit beside her and her mom across Hae Jin. Jong Suk is looking at her intently while sitting on his chair beside Jong Hyun across Yong Hwa.

“Yah, Shin Hye might dissolve with that gaze.” Geun Suk commented as he noticed Jong Suk looking at Shin Hye. “Shin Hye-yah, you should have invited some of your girlfriends, so we won’t be jealous of you guys.” He said jokingly.

“Oppa, this is not a matchmaking event and most of my girlfriends are busy.” She answered.

“Eomoni, Aboeji, can we wait for a little while? I invited a friend, she got lost on her way here but she’s near.” So Ra asked with her puppy eyes.

“And that’s what I’m talking about. We can wait, right abeonim, eomonim?” Geun Suk asked with a wide smile when suddenly the doorbell rings.

“Ah, that must be her. Geun Suk oppa, she’s a lot younger than you, so please be nice to her and don’t scare her.” So Ra warned him. “I’ll get the door.” So Ra said standing from her chair.

“Geun Suk hyung, she said she’s a lot younger than you, so maybe our age is close. This is my chance.” Jung Shin teased Geun Suk while smirking.

“Eomoni, abeoji, everyone, this is my friend Ji Se Yeon.” So Ra introduced.

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Happy anniversary Mr. Park, Mrs. Park.” Se Yeon greeted bowing with a bottle of red wine in her hand.

“Huh, Se Yeon-ah!” the Lee brothers said at the same time recognizing their friend.

“Huh, Jong Suk oppa, Jong Hyun oppa you’re here too.” Se Yeon said in surprise.

“Ah, you know each other?” So Ra asked while receiving the red wine from Se Yeon.

“Neh, my mom and I are like family to them. I stayed in their house when I was little.” Se Yeon said with a wide smile in her face.

“What a coincidence. You can seat beside Jong Suk.” So Ra said pointing at the empty chair beside Jong Suk.

Jong Suk helped her by pulling the chair for her. “Gomawo oppa.”

After the introduction to each other, the dinner started with Mr. Park thanking them for coming and celebrating with them this happy occasion. Yong Hwa and Hong Ki are seriously talking about their music while Geun Suk is saying jokes in between and Jong Hyun teasing Jung Shin with his ignorance that makes everyone laugh. Mr. and Mrs. Park are chatting to Mrs. Jung in between reminiscing the old days when they were still in their youth. Se Yeon only talks to Jong Suk, as she still awkward to others and that made Jong Suk’s attention shift from Shin Hye to her.

Though Woo Bin is making sure that he gets all Shin Hye’s attention, it could not passed from Shin Hye’s eyes the sweetness that Jong Suk gives to Se Yeon. Yes, they are family friends and she’s younger than him but isn’t that mean that she has the advantage? Wait, why is she thinking about that? It doesn’t matter if she has the advantage, it has nothing to do with her, right? But why is she feeling irritated, every time Se Yeon touches Jong Suk’s hand? Why does it feels pain inside her every time Jong Suk smiles with her jokes? Does this mean that she’s je…, no it can’t be. This is not the right time to think about it.

“Hey, are you okay?” Woo Bin asked that made Shin Hye go back to reality.

“Yes. I think I ate the whole pepper, it’s so spicy.” She said lying.

“Here, drink this.” Woo Bin gave her the glass of water.

“After the dinner, please head out in the backyard garden. My wife will prepare coffee and tea, while Yong Hwa and I prepare the fireworks.” Hae Jin said before the dinner ends.

“Ah this is great, I love fireworks.” Krystal said in excitement that makes Min Hyuk smile with is eyes closed.

“By the way Krystal, I’d seen your sister before coming here, she said she misses you a lot. Do you still talk to her?” Hae Jin asked with concerns.

“Neh oppa. I just called her before coming here. I think she’s lonely since you and So Ra unni moved out. I might go and visit her when CNBlue starts their tour.” Krystal said excitedly.

“That’s great. Inform me when you already have a schedule so I can come and visit you two. And maybe have a girl bonding.” So Ra said smiling wide.

“Huh, I’m so jealous that you can do that anytime. I will be stuck in the hospital after this and before Dr. Yoo comes back.” Shin Hye said sighing.

“You can go on a long vacation after that with Woo Bin-ah, so it’s worth waiting.” So Ra said making a point. “By the way, Se Yeonni how long are you going to stay here? You’re not going back to Seoul yet, right?” she asked turning to Se Yeon.

“I’ll be back to Seoul on Wednesday. I will stay for a while to look around.” She answered smiling.

“Huh, Shin Hye will be back to Seoul after tomorrow. Do you wanna grab a lunch tomorrow?” So Ra asked excitedly.

“Ah, I have a plan with Jong Suk oppa. He invited me for lunch too and we will go look around together after.” She said giving Jong Suk her cute smile.

“Huh, Shin Hye has a plan with Woo Bin-ah too and my husband will help abeoji in the clinic. Eomoni, would like to go out and shop with me tomorrow?” So Ra asked her Mrs. Park with a puppy eyes.

“Ah, this child. Arasso I’ll accompany you so you won’t get bored.” Mrs. Park agrees that made So Ra really happy.

“Woo Bin-ah, are you done? Will you help me and Yong Hwa set up the fireworks outside?” Hae Jin asked Woo Bin as he sees that he’s done eating.

“Neh hyung.” Woo Bin answered and the three excused themselves.

“Abeonim, let’s go outside have some fun.” Geun Suk invited Mr. Park.

“Geun Suk-ah, I think you already had enough alcohol. Your mom might get mad if you get home drunk.” Mr. Park reminded him.

“He’s not yet drunk abeoji, he’s just teasing you. And we’re going to stay at Yong Hwa’s house so you don’t have to worry about eomoni.” Hong Ki who knows him better explained.

Geun Suk, Hong Ki and Mr. Park went out to the backyard garden to continue the celebration followed by Ming Hyuk and Krystal.

“Se Yeon-ah, hyung let’s follow them.” Jong Hyun said to Jong Suk and Se Yeon who still can’t let her eyes off to Jong Suk.

“You can go, we’ll follow later. We’ll help eomoni to clean the table first.” Jong Suk replied.

“Ani, you can go outside, So Ra and Shin Hye will help me clean this.” Mrs. Park said with a smile.

“It’s okay eomoni, I’m used to cleaning. I want to help.” Jong Suk answered starting to collect the empty dishes. “Se Yeon, can you hold this glass.” Jong Suk said giving the glass of wine to Se Yeon.

“Oh, oppa mianeyeo. I’m too clumsy.” The glass of wine was accidentally poured to Jong Suk’s white shirt as Se Yeon was shaking when Jong Suk accidentally touched her hand.

Se Yeon immediately grabbed the table napkin in front of her and help him wipe the wine on his shirt, but because his shirt already turned re. Se Yeon kept on apologizing while still wiping his shirt.

“Shin Hye-ah, why don’t you help Jong Suk clean his shirt. You can use that bathroom over there.” Mrs. Park asked Shin Hye. “Se Yeon-ah, you can go outside with everybody else, So Ra and I will take care of this.” Mrs. Park assured Se Yeon.

“I’m sorry eomoni.” Se Yeon said before leaving.

Shin Hye and Jong Suk walked to the bathroom near the living room while Jong Suk is still wiping his shirt.

“Huh, why is it lock? Who’s in there?” Shin Hye asked.

“Nunna, it’s me. Just used another bathroom.” Jung Shin shouted from the inside.

Shin Hye looked at Jong Suk who is still wiping his shirt. “Let’s just used my bathroom and use my hair dryer on that. Stop wiping it, or the color will spread more.” Shin Hye said grabbing the table napkin from his hand.

Jong Suk just smiled at her and doesn’t want to show his excitement when said that they’re going to her room. They walked upstairs in silence until they reached Shin Hye’s room.

“Don’t mind the mess, okay?” Shin Hye said before opening the door.

“What mess? It’s so clean.” Jong Suk said while scanning the whole room with his hawk eyes.

“The bathroom is over there. You can use this towel to cover your body while washing your shirt.” Shin Hye throws him a towel she got from her drawer.

“Is this your towel?” Jong Suk asked looking at the towel with dog prints.

“Neh. It’s clean. I’ll wait here.” Shin Hye said dryly.

“Why are you talking to me like that? Are you mad or something? What did I do?” Jong Suk asked confused while walking to the bathroom and leaving the door open.

“Why would I be mad?” Shin Hye turning around to face him, and see the half- Jong Suk washing his shirt in front of the mirror. “Yah! I told you to cover your body on the towel.” Shin Hye said blushing.

“It’s fine, I can’t properly wash my shirt with a towel hanging around me.” Jong Suk said glancing at Shin Hye. “Wae? Are you blushing?” he said teasing her.

“I’m not! It’s the effect of the wine. Palli, so we can go back there.” Shin Hye said in a higher voice.

Jong Suk stepped out from the bathroom and walked closer to Shin Hye. “What? As if you haven’t seen me half- before.” He who is now standing closer to her.

“Yah!” Shin Hye pushed him away from her.

“Arasso, I’m just teasing you. Why are you so mad?” Jong Suk asked going back to the bathroom.

“I’m not mad, it’s just that… So, you’re going out with Se Yeon-ssi tomorrow. That’s nice.” Shin Hye said hiding her jealous face.

“Neh.” Jong Suk answered smirking.

Jong Suk is smiling widely while washing his shirt because he knows that Shin Hye is feeling jealous. He thought of teasing her more but decided not to because she might misunderstood her relationship and intention to Se Yeon.

“Okay I’m done. Where’s your dryer?” Jong Suk asked giving her a cute smile.

Shin Hye walked to the bathroom to get her dryer on of the drawer. “Here.”

“You know, I’ve known Se Yeon since we were kids. Her mother and my mom are best friends. So I always accompanied my mom when she had to visit Se Yeon’s mom. When Se Yeon’s parents divorced, my mom took them and they lived with us for a couple of weeks. Se Yeon is like a little sister to me.” Jong Suk said in a serious tone while giving Shin Hye a smile.

“Why are you telling me that? I don’t really care what your relationship with her.” Shin Hye said trying to hide her smile.

“Molla. I just had the feeling that I should tell you.” Jong Suk said giving her a cute smile.

“But I think Se Yeon-ssi likes you in a different way.” Shin Hye said looking down trying to hide her face to Jong Suk.

Jong Suk put down the dryer and his shirt and walks closer to Shin Hye. Now Shin Hye is leaning on the sin with Jong Suk in her front. Jong Suk cups Shin Hye’s chin and looks straight to her eyes that makes Shin Hye’s heart pound so fast.

“I don’t care because I already like someone else.” Jong Suk said moving his face closer to her.

Shin Hye now can feel Jong Suk’s breath in her face. She doesn’t even know if she’s blushing but she can definitely feel the heat in his face. ‘Is he going to kiss me? What will I do, I can’t even move. I think my feet just frozen.’ Shin Hye thought to herself. Jong Suk started to move forward with an act of kissing her. ‘Oh my God he’s going to kiss me…’

“Shin Hye are you done? Woo Bin is looking for you.” So Ra shouted coming into the room.

Shin Hye was startled hearing So Ra’s voice and she immediately pushed Jong Suk away from her. Jong Suk pick up his shirt and wears with while looking at Shin Hye who looks like a tomato, blushing.

“Neh, we’re coming down.” Shin Hye answered with her hands on her chest.

“Ah, So Ra need to learn some timing. She’s interrupting when good things are about to happen.” Jong Suk said shaking his head.

“We should go down.” Shin Hye said walking out first.

They are walking downstairs to the backyard garden in silence. Jong Suk is waiting for Shin Hye to say something but she’s lost to her mind. ‘Michyeoss-eo! Michyeoss-eo! What do you think you were doing? Why are you feeling regretful for not kissing him? Ah, I want to disappear, I can’t even look at him.’ Shin Hye scold herself.

“Hey, where have you been? Come sit here. Woo Bin has something to say.” Mr. Park said pointing to the chair on his right side.

Shin Hye looks at Woo Bin who is standing in front of everyone with her confused look. Jong Suk seated beside Jong Hyun that makes Se Yeon pout because she prepared an empty chair beside her for Jong Suk to sit.

“What’s going on?” Shin Hye asked worriedly.

“Just listen.” Mr. Park said holding her daughter’s hand.

“First, I wanna congratulate abeonim and eomonim. I hope you to celebrate more years of anniversary wedding with you, thank you for inviting me here. Second, I wanna thank you for bringing up a daughter, if it weren’t for you I would not have found this almost perfect woman. Thank you for always supporting us.” Woo Bin said bowing in front of everyone. “Third, to Hae Jin hyung, for being always there to give me advice and for supporting our relationship and for treating me as a real brother. I don’t think I would have survive Shin Hye’s sudden mood shifts if it weren’t for your advice.” He said bowing again.

“You were talking behind my back?” Shin Hye asked curiously.

“Neh, he calls me regularly.” Hae Jin answered.

“And lastly, to the woman, who’s the reason why I’m standing here in front of you all. Shin Hye, I wanna thank you for standing by my side this past years, for always backing me up and supporting me. For letting me be myself and even on my weakest time you never leave me. I know this is selfish of me but, will you stay by my side and keep supporting me forever? Park Shin Hye, will you marry me?” Woo Bin said offering the ring to Shin Hye.

Shin Hye already where it was going by just listening and looking at him in the eyes. Tears are starting form in her eyes but trying to suppress them to come out. Woo Bin was walking to her direction while saying all those things. She knows in her heart that she loves him but why can’t she imagine the wedding with him like she used to at this moment. At this moment, when it is already happening, the thing that she waited for so long.

Even though all eyes are focus to her, she can only Jong Suk’s sad eyes. She feels pain by just looking at those eyes, it seems like he’s in deep pain. She can no longer take this and she need to do something about it.

“Yes! I will be by your side forever.” Shin Hye answered moving her eyes to look at Woo Bin.

Woo Bin slid the ring to Shin Hye’s ring finger and kisses her passionately in front of everyone. Shin Hye is smiling widely, if it is a real smile or a fake smile, it doesn’t matter all she knows is that she needs to be happy for Woo Bin’s sake.

Everyone gathered around them and excitedly wishes them with congratulations, except for Jong Suk who’s just standing and drinking the glass of wine that he took from the table, he doesn’t even know whose drink is it. So Ra noticed how Jong Suk looked at Shin Hye.

“Yah! What are you doing there frozen with that glass? You don’t even drink. Is it exciting? Our Woo Bin-ah is finally settling down. They are really perfect for each other. Look how happy they are.” So Ra commented while holding Jong Suk’s arm and looking at the couple.

“Neh, they are perfect for each other.” Jong Suk agreed and drinks the wine in one gulp.

“One day, when you least expect it, the woman for you will just walk into your life. The woman that you deserve and deserve to be love by you, and you will be happy like how Woo Bin is feeling right now. Being heartbroken doesn’t mean it’s the end for everything, rather it is the beginning of a new life.” So Ra commented trying to comfort her friend.

“Neh.” Jong Suk answered unconsciously.

“I believe and you should too, that you will find a better woman, who is less complicated than Shin Hye.” So Ra added while tapping Jong Suk’s shoulder.

“What do you mean?” Jong Suk asked returning to earth with what So Ra commented.

“Let’s just say we’ve know each other for so long that by just looking to your eyes I know how you feel. So, cheer up and let’s be happy to them, ah?” So Ra answered that makes Jong Suk smile.

Jong Suk felt a little better with what So Ra said. ‘Neh, this is not the end. Jong Suk-ah fighting! As long as she’s happy, you should be happy too. You can still be friends with her anyway. I hope you made the right decision Shin Hye. If Woo Bin-ah will hurt you, I will not have second thought to take you away from him.’ Jong Suk said to himself while looking at Woo Bin and Shin Hye.

“I guess I really need to face eomma and tell her that I can no longer fulfill her wish. Minam is getting married soon.” Geun Suk said jokingly that makes everyone laugh.

“I am a little sad too because I want her to be my daughter-in-law too. But at the same time, I am happy that you found someone that will make you happy.” Mrs. Jung said giving Shin Hye a hug.

“I may not marry Yong Hwa but I’m still your one and only daughter eomma. At least until Yong Hwa finds a wife.” Shin Hye said to Mrs. Jung.

“Yah! Do I need to prepare your bachelor party already?” Jong Suk said tapping Woo Bin’s shoulder. “Congratulations, man. I never thought that I will see you like this, becoming Shin Hye’s fool.” He added jokingly.

“This is what happened when you’re deeply in love, so you should go out and date so you can become someone’s fool too.” Woo Bin said hugging Jong Suk.

“Should I find a woman like Shin Hye?” Jong Suk asked trying to test the water.

“Yah! Shin Hye is one of a kind. There’s no other woman like Shin Hye in this world.” Woo Bin said boasting.

“I know man. I was just trying to tease you. You made a good decision.” Jong Suk said admitting defeat.

“I know. This will be the start of our good life together. I won’t let anyone separate us.” Woo Bin agreed to him.

After their brotherly talked, Jong Suk walked toward Shin Hye who is now standing alone admiring the ring in her finger.

“Yah! Stop staring at it or it might disappear.” Jong Suk said whispering to her ear.

“Huh, Jong Suk-ah. It’s so beautiful. I never thought Woo Bin has a good taste when it comes to engagement rings.” Shin Hye said not looking at Jong Suk.

“But seriously. Why did you say yes?” Jong Suk asked in a serious tone.

“What? What do you mean?” Shin Hye asked confused still not turning to look at him.

“Look at me and tell me why did you say yes? Just answer and I will stop all these feelings that I have for you.” Jong Suk said trying to suppress his tears.

Shin Hye turns around to face him. “I love Woo Bin-ah. He’s the man that I always want to be by my side forever. He’s the man that I’ve been dreaming to marry. And I am at my happiest when I’m with him and when I’m taking care of him.” Shin Hye said trying hard to keep her tears from falling while looking straight to Jong Suk’s eyes.

“Congratulations. All I can wish is that you made the right decision. I’m really happy that I was able to know you.” Jong Suk said and pulled Shin Hye in a hug.

“Thank you.” Shin Hye hugging him tighter.

Jong Suk was first one to break the hug as he heard Shin Hye’s sob. Shin Hye could no longer keep her tear from falling. She’s in a whirlwind of emotion right now, she doesn’t really know if this is from the happiness with Woo Bin or from the pain from Jong Suk. Jong Suk helped her wiped the single tear that fell from her eye and gave her a happy smile.

“Huh, that’s Woo Bin-ah’s phone.” Shin Hye said hearing a phone rings.

“It’s in the table.” Jong Suk said pointing on the table.

“It’s his mom.” Shin Hye said looking at the caller ID. “I should give it to him.” She said before leaving to give Woo Bin his phone.

“Yong Hwa, you’re not allowed to crash Shin Hye’s apartment from now on.” Woo Bin said to Yong Hwa.

“Tell that to your wife to be. And tell her to change her password so I can’t just get in.” Yong Hwa said jokingly.

“What are you guys laughing about?” Shin Hye said walking into their conversation. “Your phone is ringing, it’s your mom. I think she already knows about the engagement and you should talk to her.” Shin Hye said giving him his phone.

Woo Bin took the phone and look at the caller ID. “I should answer it inside. Excuse me.” He said before walking inside.

Woo Bin face gets serious as he’s walking to the kitchen to answer the call. He’s standing and leaning on the counter in the kitchen waiting for another call. The third call from the same person alert his phone and he immediately answered.

“I thought we agreed that you will never bother me anymore after I met you last week. What do you want this time? I just proposed to my girlfriend so don’t ruin my mood.” Woo Bin said over the line.

“Ah, so were really serious about her. Huh, what can I do? I miss you already. I haven’t talk to you or see you since last week. We agreed to be friends right?” The woman on the other line said heartlessly.

“Please. Whatever my mom told you to do will no longer work. I’m marrying Shin Hye soon, so please stop this nonsense.” Woo Bin said trying to calm himself.

“Your mom didn’t tell me anything. I’m calling you on my own will. At first, it’s true that your mom asked me to help her break you and your girlfriend that’s why I followed you to China. But I never thought that after what happened I will fall madly in love with you.” The woman said.

“Nothing happened between us. I was drunk.” Woo Bin defended.

“Like what you said you were drunk, so how did you know that nothing happened? While I am sober and I’m telling you that something happened and you were the one who initiated it.” The woman said teasing.

“I’m not gonna argue with you anymore. This night is too important to me that No one can ruin it. What do you want now?” Woo Bin asked in a calm voice.

“I wanna see you first thing in the morning tomorrow. Either you go back here or I will go to Busan, to your in-laws’ house just to see you. You choose.” The woman said in triumphant.

“Okay I will fly back early in the morning but this will be the last time that I will see you and talk to you.” Woo Bin agreed.

Jong Suk entered the house with an ice bucket in his hand walking toward the kitchen to refill it when he saw Shin Hye sitting on the floor with her hands on and tears falling from her eyes.