Overpass

Crossroads

Shin Hye is on her way to leave the house to meet Woo Bin in the airport. She’s running here and there looking for her Donald Duck Bruno Magli shoulder bag in her messy room. She tossed her clothes in her bed from her luggage and finally found what she’s looking for with all the mountain of clothes. She’s running down the stairs when she sees her brother and his wife talking in the living room.

“Where are you going?” Hae Jin asked Shin Hye.

“I’m going to fetch Woo Bin in the airport.” She answered fixing her shirt.

“Ah, maybe Woo Bin would like to come when we meet my friend. Did you already ask him?” her sister-in-law asked.

“Ah, I already forgot about that. I will ask him when we meet. I need to go.” She said looking around.

“Your car key is with eomma. She’s in the kitchen.” Her brother said pointing in the kitchen.

Shin Hye walks her way to the kitchen to get her car key to her mom. Her old car from college is still sitting in their garage, she never wanted to sell it as it is a gift from her father. She used it when she’s visiting home, so she won’t need to borrow her father’s car.

“Eomma, I need my car key. I’m going to the airport now.” She said while looking at what her mom is cooking.

“Here.” Yong Hwa hands her the key.

“What are you doing here? I thought u have an event to attend with the guys?” she asked curiously.

“Neh. I’m waiting for the van to pick me up.” He said scratching his head. “Ah, maybe you can just drop me on your way to the airport.”

“Shiro. I don’t wanna be mobbed by fangirls. Just wait for your van or just drive your car. What are the used of your car collections if you don’t used them, right?” she said blinking.

“Shin Hye, do you know if Yong Yong is dating someone right now? I wanted to set him up with the daughter of my college friend but he’s refusing, so I thought he might be dating someone.” Mrs. Jung asked Shin Hye curiously.

“Well, there are rumors that he’s dating a younger member of that girl group, I forgot their name. Is it true?” she said and turn to Yong Hwa.

“Ani. It’s just all for the promotion of their new album. I’m actually really annoyed by that and the agency already denied that rumor. So I don’t know why it is still circling around.” He said annoyingly.

“Yong, there will be no smoke if there isn’t a fire. So?” she asked looking straight to his eyes.

“Well, probably some reports saw us together, but it doesn’t mean anything and we were not alone. Jong Hyun is friend with her and almost of the guys in her agency. He asked me to have a drink with them but I didn’t know that she would be there.” He explained.

“Who is this girl?” Mrs. Jung asked the annoyed Yong Hwa.

“Eomma, you don’t even like her. She was the one you said was so annoying because of her primadonna style of eating.” He said reminding her mom.

“Ah the girl in that variety show who only eats sweet potato? Ah, don’t you ever bring that kind of woman in my house. Huh, that girl is so picky on food, when there are so many children in the world who don’t eat.” He mother said remembering.

“So, it’s all rumors? Anyway, if that’s the case I wouldn’t approve of it either, right eomoni?” she said agreeing to Mrs. Jung.

“Neh. I want a daughter-in-law like Shin Hye here, who can eat anything, and good in cooking. And not to mention a very kind hearted woman.” She said that makes Shin Hye raised her head to Yong Hwa.

“Eomma, I will become poor if I marry a woman like Shin Hye. She will spend all the money buying food and that will make me fat and lose my career.” He said teasing her.

“Yah!” she said and knocked Yong Hwa’s head.

“Apeu! See I will become a battered husband too.” He said walking away from her and scratching his head.

“You will have your time Yongie. I need to fetch my boyfriend who love me for who I am and doesn’t think that I’m a liability to his career.” She said sticking out her tongue to Yong Hwa. “Eomoni, I don’t think you will get a daughter-in-law with Yong Hwa like that. Ah jinjja, you will get your time.” She said her hand that make the two mothers laugh.

“I will make sure that I am prepare when that time comes.” He said provokingly.

“Stop it you two, before it turns out to real fight.” Mrs. Park said signaling Shin Hye to go.

 

Shin Hye reached the airport and walking towards the arrival area. She checked her watch and still 15 minutes before Woo Bin’s plane arrive. She decided to get some coffee while waiting for him. She looks around for a coffee shop and nods her head when she found Starbucks on her right side. She was walking her way when someone covered her eyes with hands. She was startled and could not move but she still touches the hands to guess who they are belong.

“Definitely not Woo Bin. Yong Hwa? You’re dead if it is you.” She said removing the hands in her eyes and turning around.

“Yah! Yong Hwa can’t even touch the tip of your hair. Why would you think it’s Yong Hwa.” The man said teasing. “Did you miss me?” he said spreading his arm to receive a hug.

“Geun Suk oppa!” she said and hugs him in surprise.

“I miss you too Minam.” He said hugging her back.

“Yah, stop calling me that. What are you doing here? When did you get back?” she asked excitedly.

“I just got back now. Are you here to pick me up? I thought eomma will pick me up. Anyway, good thing you’re here.” He said giving her a cute smile.

“Ani. I’m here to fetch my boyfriend from Seoul.” She said proudly.

“What?! My Minam already have a boyfriend? I am the only guy that you should marry to fulfill eomma’s wish.” He said putting his arm around her shoulder.

“Oppa, you were the one who left me and chose that girl in Japan.” She said looking at him.

“What girl? I went to Japan for work and not for a girl. Those were just rumors and for publicity because we were doing a show back then. Was that the reason why you were so mad at me before?” he said pinching her button nose. “Yah, I thought you know me better than that.”

“Actually, that was not the main reason. I was jealous of Hong Ki-da, you were always together and you always talked to him while you hardly call me when you moved out to Japan.” She said pouting.

“That’s because Hong Ki is always in Japan and he always invite me to their concert. He has a lot of friends there too, and you have a lot of friends there too but you hardly go there.” He said reminding her.

“Guilty. You don’t have to remind me. Ah, Taka-san and Takeru-san were here with Hong Ki a few weeks ago.” She said remembering the same friends they have.

“I know. They wanted me to take a vacation with them but I was still shooting so I could not come. I really wanted to finish the shoots then so I could go back to this date. I don’t ever wanna miss eomonim and aboenim’s anniversary.” He said giving her a cute smile.

“Oppa, you can’t call my parents like that in front of Woo Bin-ah.” She said giving him an eye.

“Waeyo? I thought your boyfriend is not the jealous type? Hong Ki told me about your boyfriend, but I think I should talk to Yong Hwa to know more about my greatest competition.” He said thinking hard. “How’s Yong Hwa anyway? That boy might have forgotten me already, he never contacted for a long time. I message him a few times and the only that I could get is his apology because he’s busy.” He said while guiding Shin Hye to the nearest chairs.

“Neh, he is really busy especially now that they are preparing for their new album. He hardly sleeps and eats and just drinks a lot of coffee. I worry about him sometimes, but he said he’s fine.” She said while sitting on the chair with a worry look.

“That boy is really hard working but he should not push himself to his limits. He should take a rest after this album.” He said agreeing to her.

“I think he has plan that already.” She said looking at her watch.

“Is he here already?” he asked curiously.

“No, not yet. He’ll call me as soon as he lands.” She answered.

They continue to catch up about their busy life and Shin Hye’s boyfriend. Though Geun Suk is 3 years older than Shin Hye, they grew up together with Yong Hwa and got really close since elementary days. Shin Hye always love Geun Suk since she was in kindergarten. She was sure that she will marry him when she grows up, but it all changed when Guen Suk entered High School, as many girls surrounded him. Though Shin Hye knew then that Geun Suk only loves her as a little sister, her faith that one day he will look at her as a girl never left. Yes, safe to say that Jang Geun Suk is her first love. They are laughing as they are talking about Hong Ki’s falling on the stage on their previous concert in Japan and Geun Suk witness it all, when both their phone rings at the same time.

“Eomma, I’ll be right there.” Geun Suk said and ended the call.

“Is that eomoni? Woo Bin is here too. Wanna meet him first before you leave?” she asked with a smile.

“No. I’ll just meet him tomorrow in the house. I don’t want eomma to wait for me that long.” He said showing his cute smile.

“Okay, I will see you tomorrow then.” She said and hugs him.

“Ah, should I just kidnap you from here and get married right away?” he said jokingly while hugging her tighter.

Shin Hye let go of the hug. “Oppa!” she said and slaps his arm.

“I’m just joking. You’re too serious when it come with me. Does it mean that you still have feelings for me?” he said winking at her.

“Ani. It’s because you like to tease me like Yong Hwa.” She said blushing.

“Yah Minam, you’re blushing.” He said pinching her checks.

“Yah! That hurts.” She said cupping her face with her both hands.

“Bye. Expect me to wake you up tomorrow. I’ll be in your house early in the morning.” He said still teasing her and kisses her on her cheek.

Geun Suk left the airport to meet his mom in the parking and Shin Hye is sitting on a chair waiting for Woo Bin to get out of the arrival area. She suddenly stood from her chair when she saw a tall guy wearing a black shirt with an olive oblivion bomber jacket, a black hoodie, a baseball cap and skinny jeans that emphasizes his long legs, who is walking like a model on a runaway. He immediately smiles when he saw a girl waving at him with her cute smile wearing white shirt with white long sleeves and a light blue ripped skinny and a black leather Ferragamo buckle heel pumps to match up with Woo Bin’s height.

Shin Hye immediately hugs him as he got near her. “I miss you.”

Woo Bin tighten the hug. “I miss you too. I’m sorry I missed the flight earlier because of work.” He said and kisses her hair.

“You should be because I was lonely the whole time.” She said looking at him with a pouty lips.

“Is this okay for an apology?” he suddenly took her pouty lips with his and kisses her.

Shin Hye catches her breath as soon as Woo Bin let go of the kiss. “Neh, better.”

“Kajja.” He said picking his bag on the floor and wrapping his arm on her shoulder.

“I love your outfit by the way, you look so manly.” She said blushing.

“I love your outfit too, especially that ripped jeans. But you should not wear that in public places because it shows your y legs.” He said and gives her a peck on her cheek.

“Ah my possessive boyfriend. Okay boss, I will only wear this kind of jeans when I’m with you.” She said with a salute.

“Better.” He said and kisses her head. “So, what should we do when we get to your house?”

“You need to rest first and then we will go out with So Ra to meet her friend.” She said looking up at his face.

“Again? Who is it this time? Last time we met one pf her friend, it turned out to be my ex-girlfriend.” He said tucking the loose hair behind her ear.

“Neh, that was very awkward. I didn’t ask who will she meet this time.” She said wrapping his arm around his waist.

“If it is a girl I’ll pass, you can just go with her while I sleep. I’m allowed to sleep in your room right?” he asked curiously.

“Yes, you can sleep in my room while I’m gone. But we can’t sleep together in my room. You will take the room next to Hae Jin oppa’s room.” She said looking around the car park.

“But that’s a little far from your room. And I will pass by your parents’ room if I sneak in the evening to get to your room.” He said pouting.

 

“You know how Appa is. He won’t let sleep together in his house unless we’re married. It happened to Hae Jin oppa and So Ra too.” She explained.

“Now I know why hyung rushed to marry So Ra.” He said reaching the car of Shin Hye.

“Yah, stop with your dirty mind.” She said going on the driver seat. “By the way, before we leave, can I see your phone?” she said and spread her right hand in front of him.

“Wae? What are you going to do with it?” he asked but handed her the phone anyway.

“What’s the password?” she asked giving him a curious look.

“Your birthdate.” He said proudly.

“Huh, why would you use my birthdate as your password? It’s too obvious.” She said while unlocking his phone.

“Why would you use Yong Hwa’s birthdate on your apartment? Isn’t it too obvious also?” he asked back.

“No. Yong Hwa is my bestfriend, no one can never connect that on my password. While on the other hand, I’m your girlfriend, so they can connect it to your password.” She said while busy browsing his phonebook.

“What are you looking for anyway?” he asked trying to look at what she’s doing with his phone but she move back and cover the phone with her hand.

“Here.” She hands him his phone back. “Thank you.” She said and lean closer to give him a kiss on his lips.

Woo Bin smiled with what Shin Hye did and kisses her again. “Wow, is that what I get for looking at my phone? Here you can have it.” He said giving his phone back to her.

“Yah! I told you to stop thinking with your dirty mind. We need to go, eomma is waiting for you. She’s more excited to see you.” She said and starts the car.

 

After the store opening event, Jong Suk and Jong Hyun headed to the hotel where Jong Suk will be staying. Jong Hyun was supposed to be staying with the Jung Shin and Min Hyuk at Yong Hwa’s house but decided to keep his brother company. Jong Hyun is lying on the bed exhausted from greeting the fans while Jong Suk is arranging his clothes in the closet.

“What time are you going out?” Jong Suk asked his brother.

“I need to go out by 5:00PM. I can’t go out alone, I need to wait for manager hyung to pick me up here.” He said tossing on the bed. “Are you going somewhere?”

“Yes. I’m going to meet an old friend over a coffee.” He said sitting on the bed.

“You have friends here?” Jong Hyun asked curiously.

“She’s from Seoul but she married someone from here. She’s here visiting her in laws.” She explained while turning on the tv.

“Ah, that’s a good thing so that you’ll be destructed on planning to crash Shin Hye’s house.” He said turning to watch tv. “Ah, the event earlier is already out in the news. They’re so fast.”

“Neh.” He answered with a deep thought. “Jong Hyun-ah, can I asked you something? I know you don’t wanna talk about it anymore but I’m just curious.” He asked switching the tv off.

“Okay. For your self-satisfaction and to prevent you from opening the same topic in the future, what is it?” he asked still lying on the bed with his hands under his head.

“How did you get over it? I mean, you always see her and talk to her because she’s close to your group and with that smile, how did you manage it?” he asked seriously.

“If I tell you, will you do the same thing?” he asked glancing at him.

“No. So just answer me.” He said shaking his head.

“Well, I really don’t know how I did it, it just happened. One day, I just woke up and I felt different about her. I mean, I still like her but not the same as before. I’m more comfortable being just her friend. The thought of me being her boyfriend just gives me the feeling of shy and awkward. I think I just got used to the idea that she treats all her friends with the same sweetness and kindness and that includes me.” He said looking at the ceiling.

“Yes, she treats her friends well. And she has a lot of guy friends. So you really never thought of pursuing her?” he asked looking at him.

“Of course I did. But when I decided that I’m gonna confess to her it was already too late. She went to Japan for a medical mission and then she met Taka. When they broke up and she came back here, Woo Bin hyung already has his eye on her.” He said letting out a big sigh remembering.

“So that’s it? You just let it go?” he asked in disbelief how his brother easily gave up.

“Yes. And I know what you’re thinking. I was a coward that I just gave her up. I admit that, but I already know when she got back that she wasn’t the one.” He said smiling with the memory.

“How?” he asked curiously with a serious look.

“The way he looks at Woo Bin hyung. It’s not the same when she looks at her friends, us.” He explained.

“So it’s true, just like what Bo Young nunna said. The way she looks at me is different.” He mumbles.

“What did you say?” he asked hearing his brother mumbled.

“Nothing. Good thing you gave up because if you didn’t I won’t be able to love her like this. Errhh, I don’t even wanna of her as my sister-in-law.” He said shaking his body with the thought.

“Hyung, I didn’t give up for you. She’s meant to be with Woo Bin hyung. They both have that look in their eyes. They belong together, so stop with your imaginary love with her. You just wanna compete with Woo Bin hyung just like before.” He said trying to put back his brother into reality that Shin Hye is Woo Bin’s girl.

“Yah, don’t bring those stuffs anymore. It’s different now, I really fall for her before even knowing that she’s Woo Bin’s girl and I think she feels something for me too.” He said trying to depend his feeling for her.

“How did you know that she feels something for you? You’re just imagining it.” He said trying to kill his brother’s hopes.

‘Should I tell him about the kiss? Ah, I should not, he might go crazy.’ He said to himself with a blank face.

Jong Hyun glances at his brother who is now lost in his own thought. “Ah jinjja. You should stop whatever it is that you’re thinking before karma gets you. Don’t ruin their relationship and just make your own with someone else who doesn’t have a boyfriend who is your bestfriend.” He said but Jong Suk didn’t hear him. “Ah, I’ll just take a shower before you goes back to earth.” He said walking to the bathroom and leaving his brother spacing out.

 

Meanwhile at Park’s residence, everyone is gathered in the living room to meet Woo Bin, though this is not the first time that they see him but because it is rare to see him. They want to more about him if Shin Hye is going to marry him. Her father just returned from his fishing, he wanted to catch some fresh fish to cook for Woo Bin. Shin Hye is so happy that her family likes Woo Bin for her.

“When are you going to get married? I think one year is enough for you to know each other.” Hae Jin Asked Woo Bin.

“I will marry her right now if she wants to.” He answered honestly while staring at Shin Hye.

“Pabo-yah. We need to be engage first before we should can get married.” She said rubbing Woo Bin’s hand with hers.

“Then what are you still waiting for? Woo Bin-ah why aren’t you proposing to her yet?” So Ra asked disappointed.

“We already talked about it but I want him to finish his China project first. He’s too pressured with it already and I don’t wanna add up to that.” She said honestly.

“What are you saying? You’re my priority, you will come first before my work or anything that I need to do.” He said kissing her hand.

“This is what Shin Hye is trying to say, if they get engage now you will definitely pressure them to get married.” Mr. Park said looking at his wife.

“Appa, I didn’t say a word. It’s Hae Jin and So Ra who are talking.” Mrs. Park said in her depends.

“I know but you were about to say something.” He said smiling to his wife.

“It’s because I want to have a grandchild already. Hae Jin and So Ra here are not ready to have one and if ever they decide to have one, they are living abroad so I won’t be able to get close to my grandchild.” She explained.

“Eomma, I will make sure that you and my child will be close, don’t worry.” So Ra assured her mother-in-law.

Shin Hye asked Woo Bin to not tell her parents about his mother disapproval with their relationship because she don’t want them to worry about her. Woo Bin agreed to do so, as he is sure that he can get his mother’s approval to marry Shin Hye.

“So, how’s your business doing?” Mr. Park asked sipping his tea.

“It’s doing great. I’m in the middle of finalizing our China project. I’m trying to finish it before the third quarter of the year, so we can go on vacation.” He explained.

“That’s good. You need time to relax after a hard work. Just don’t force yourself to your limit. You need to be healthy for your family. Shin Hye, you need to take good care of him.” He said pointing to Woo Bin.

“I know appa.” She said looking at Woo Bin.

“By the way, Woo Bin-ah I’m meeting a friend later and I asked Shin Hye if you two can come with me.” She said with a puppy eyes.

“I think Woo Bin wants to rest for a bit. But I will come with you.” Shin Hye said rubbing his arm.

“Speaking of rest, I will take a nap first. I will see you later. Be careful if you’re going out.” Mr. Park said and excused himself.

“I thought we’re going to have dinner together?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Don’t worry eomma we will be back before dinner.” So Ra said.

“Okay then. I will start cooking now.” Mrs. Park said excused herself too.

“You can take a nap in my room while I’m out.” Shin Hye said loudly for her brother to hear.

“Ah good thing you’re not coming with us. I’m actually meeting a guy friend. I think he will be happy to meet my sister-in-law.” So Ra said teasing Woo Bin.

“You’re meeting a guy and you’re going to introduce my girlfriend to your guy friend? Yah, Kang So Ra-ssi, are you picking a fight on me? Excuse me hyung but your wife is too much.” He said holding Shin Hye’s hand tighter.

“Yes. Did you think that I’m going to meet one of your ex again?” she said still teasing him.

“What time are you going out? I suddenly feel like coming with you.” He said giving So Ra a serious look that makes Hae Jin smile with his wife’s teasing.

“I told you I’m going to make him come with us.” She said winking to her husband. “We’re actually leaving in about 15 minutes. I’ll just change my clothes.” She said looking at her watch.

“Who are we meeting anyway? Does Woo Bin knows him too?” Shin Hye asked curiously.

“Yes. They were actually close before but had a little fight over a woman. I just don’t know if they already made up. They are living in the same country but I doubt if they even meet.” She said thinking.

“Fight over a woman? Interesting. I think I want to hear that story.” Shin Hye said looking at Woo Bin with a serious look.

“Yah, don’t say that. I never got into fight with a friend over a woman. Who is this friend?” he asked assuring Shin Hye.

“Really? You never had a fight with Jong Suk-ah?” she said smirking.