MTTF #06

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6: CLOCK IS TICKING

 

Yoon’s Residence

 

The Yoons and the Tuans soon arrived at Yoon’s residence after sending their children to some private moments. They all were seated in the living room to discuss about their children’s marriage.

 

“So, have you set up the date?” Mr. Tuan asked his best friend who sat at the opposite two-seated sofa.

 

“We didn’t discuss with Sae Mi yet, but I’m sure she will agree to whatever we came up with.” Mr. Yoon answered, thinking about his daughter.

 

“What about three weeks from now?” Mama Tuan suggested.

 

“Isn’t that too early? For them too?” Mr. Tuan turned to his wife getting a glare from her.

 

“I just can’t wait to have a daughter in-law and maybe grandchild~. Is that wrong?” Mama Tuan answered, turning her back away from her husband.

 

“Alright, alright. I get it.” Mr. Tuan nodded his head then turned towards his best friend, “What do you think?” He rubbed his beard which he always does when he’s thinking seriously.

 

“Marriage is not a joke. So, I think it’s best if we decide the date then ask our children.” Mrs. Yoon voiced out her thought.

 

“Okay then. So three week from now? Is that okay?” All of them nodded agreeing to the decision. “I can’t wait to get a son in-law too.” Mrs, Yoon high pitched voice echoed through the living room.

 

“I’m sorry if this might trouble you guys, but do you think it’s possible to have the wedding in America. I have to go back this weekend and I have no business here for two months.” Mr. Tuan asked the Yoons.

 

“Oh right, about that. I almost forgot. Mmmm… I think that will be okay with us.” Mr. Yoon just realized that they were living in two different countries and then took a sip of his coffee which the maid made earlier.

 

“Okay then, settled. I better get going now because it’s late already and I have an important meeting tomorrow.” While walking out of the house Mama Tuan asked Mrs. Yoon about Sae Mi’s wedding dress.

 

“How about we go tomorrow? I have nothing to do at home since my husband has to attend a meeting. I’ll bring Mark too since he’s also free tomorrow.”

 

“Sure. I’ll go by your house first then we’ll go together.” Then, they bid each other goodbyes and call it a day.

 

 

Morning came earlier than Sae Mi expected. She arrived home pretty late last night since Mark said he wanted to hang out by the Han River for a while. But a while turned into hours but still between those hours, they barely talked to each other, just lost in their own thoughts.

 

Sae Mi went down to get breakfast with her parents. She took her diet cereal and started eating, while her parents just sat down at the dining table.

 

“Sae Mi. The wedding will be in three weeks. Is that okay with you?” Her mother’s voice broke through the silence of the morning.

 

“BWOH?! THREE WEEKS?!” Sae Mi choked on her cereal and patted her chest a few times. Mrs. Yoon quickly offered her water and after she gulped it all down, “How is that even possible? Three weeks? I can accept if it’s three months but three weeks?! How are we even going to-”

 

“Relax Sae Mi! We will arrange everything; you just have to choose a wedding dress, that’s all. Oh and the wedding will be done at Mark’s place, if that’s okay with you.” Her mother tried to explain but Sae Mi immediately rejected it.

 

“That’s totally not okay, omma! How about my friends? I want to invite them too!” She threw a tantrum, not satisfied with their already made decision.

 

“Okay, we’ll sponsor the ticket. Just tell us how many people will be going, then settled.” Her father butted in, trying to calm his daughter’s nerve.

 

“But-“She tried to reject again but got her words cut by her mom’s excited voice.

 

“No more buts, Yoon Sae Mi. And we’ll choose a wedding dress today.” Sae Mi sighed inwardly and got up from her seat with a sour face.

 

 

“WOW! Look at all these dresses here. They are so beautiful” The moms had already been captured by the glittering, shimmering dress all over the place while their children still wouldn’t look at each other with crossed arms and sour face.

 

“Let’s get you a suit first, Mark.” Mama Tuan pulled him towards the groom’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter