MTTF #15

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15: RED ALERT!!!

 

Their two days holiday from work had ended and they will start working on the next day, Wednesday even though there were still tired and feeling jetlagged. Mark had forced Sae Mi to go to work with him even though they always go separately. Mark with his sports car and Sae Mi with the driver, Fred because she doesn’t have a license in America yet. She had insisted on going with a taxi but Papa totally rejected it. He did ask her to go with Mark but considering that she wants to hide her relationship with Mark so Papa tolerated but she has to go with Fred.

 

Mark was being a completely different person as he was before the confession and now he is all romantic and cheesy, which made Sae Mi felt really bad. Sae Mi had no choice but to get in his car and go with him because Papa and Mama were smiling weirdly at her all morning ever since breakfast.

 

“Drop me there.” Sae Mi pointed her finger to a shady place a bit far away from the Tuan Co. tall building. She wanted to walk from there so that no one find out about them. Instead, Mark passed the place appointed by Sae Mi and went straight to his VIP parking lot. She turned her head towards him and stared at him in disbelief. Mark grabbed his bag pack in the back seat and stepped outside of the car.

 

He went to Sae Mi’s side and opened the door for her. But, Sae Mi lowered her body so that the employees who were going inside for work didn’t see her in their hot young Assistant Director’s car which was park near the entrance to the lobby.

 

“Babe, come on. What’s wrong?”

 

“Don’t you try to babe me!! I said to drop me to that place earlier but why did you drove the car all the way here?” Sae Mi let out her anger on Mark.

 

“Why bother walking when you can ride in a cool car to your workplace.” He said as a matter of fact.

 

“Yeah I know but I don’t want them to know about us.” Her tone dropped as well as her head.

 

“I do.” He said as he pulled her hands and dragged her outside and then locked the car. Some eyes were on them moreover, the ladies no matter married, taken or have children already, they always check out their boss’s son. But, just in that time, Caroline witnessed the scene as she was just getting out of her car. She mumbled incoherent words under her breath, jealousy taking over her.

 

Her hands curled up into a fist when she saw Mark taking Sae Mi’s hand in his and they walked side by side into the lobby. The Tuan Corporation’s employees, men and women, receptionist and cleaners, from various departments can’t help but to whisper among themselves at the shocking scene of the newbie and the Assistant Director holding hands casually, oblivious to how the girl tried hard to break it.

 

“Mark, let this go!” She struggled to pry his hand away from her but failed to do so as his grasped were too fixed and tight. Mark smiled warmly to all of the employees and greet them a friendly good morning, ignoring their whispers. The workers were waiting for the next elevator to come down to go to their appointed department but Mark took advantage of his position and went to the front when the elevator came.

 

“I’m sorry for this inconvenience but can I have this one? Don’t worry, there’s another two there and the stairs too. Thank you.” He winked before stepping inside, dragging Sae Mi along. The female workers melted at the sight of his lips curled into his infamous smile and his eyes winked at them. On the other hand, the male workers sighed inwardly because they are in no position to argue. A man got jealous of his girlfriend office couple who was sighing at the handsome Mark just now, which led to an argument between them. Among those people, Caroline’s three-inches heels stomped on the floor, feeling exasperated at how the newcomer in her department had took the chance to get close to Mark away from her. Her thick makeup covered face look even uglier when she frowned and scrunched up her nose. Her sidekicks had no choice but to just listen to her curses.

 

On the other hand, Sae Mi had successfully taken her hand to her side as soon as the elevator doors shut tightly.

 

“Gosh Mark. Why are you so childish?” Sae Mi burst out her anger to Mark.

 

“What? Am I wrong?” He asked innocently with beaming eyes.

 

“Yes you are!! You are wasting their time waiting for the elevator to come down when you know that it’s busy at this time with people going to their departments. AND, you shouldn’t take advantage of your position to do things you did just now. What kind of boss are you?!” She nagged on and on and Mark just shrugged it off when they have arrived at Sae Mi’s floor right she finished her sentence.

 

She stepped out with a sour face but Mark pulled her hands making her face his chest. He tilted her head upwards and planted a kiss on her fair forehead. Sae Mi froze; Mark smiled happily like he just won a lottery, not any lottery but a pretty one.

 

Unfortunately, James who arrived early in the morning to continue his work that needs to be done before Friday witnessed the blossoming love of the couple, or indeed a one sided love? His heart felt like it was just stabbed with a knife. He was hurt badly by the scene he saw but managed to contr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter