MTTF #01

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: THE 'ALREADY' BAD NEWS

 

Sae Mi’s POV

 

“What?! No! What the hell!" I shouted. "Look. I know that man over there is your best friend and everything but I don't know who the hell this guy is and you're just going to send me to him? He could be a widower or be engaged to some other woman or have a girlfriend even. This is just plain wrong!” I took a breath and continued. “Omma, Appa, I just started my first year of college and I can’t just get married right now. How could you do this to me?” I spat out, throwing my tantrum towards my parents as they continued to explain their future plans for me. I didn't even know this would happen.

 

“Sae Mi-ah, he’s single, 100%, we are very sure of that. It’s for your own good, I know. Mom knows best, darling.” Mom spoke in her I-last-heard-this-since-kindergarten-nicest-tone-ever as she walked towards me.

 

“No, it’s not. You don’t know anything. All you do is work!” I screamed at the end, taking a step back, not letting her anywhere near me.

 

“YOON SAE MI! Who taught you to speak so rudely towards us?!” Dad, who seemed so calm reading some documents, fired back.

 

“Then what do you expect me to do? Just accept it and say 'Oh why thank you mom, I never knew I could be this happy marrying a man you chose for me.' Is that it? Is that what you expect from me? Well, no thanks!” I mocked them in the middle of my words. They both looked shocked at my words. I took brave step to smash my feet while I went up the stairs, walking like that all the way towards my room.

 

“If you don’t want to listen to us, I won't pay for your college fees and you will have to get out of this house right now!” My father’s sharp and stern words made me stop in my tracks as I could not believe what I just heard.

 

“Yeobo!” My mom was so shocked. And so do I.

 

“Listen to us or get out right now. And don’t bring anything with you because all of those were bought with my money.” Never did I know that Dad will use these dirty tricks to lure me to accept his request.

 

I ignored them and went straight into my room. I slammed my door on the way to show my protest.

 

 

I locked myself for about ten hours already and now it is dinner time. Mom has knocked for the umpteenth times already but I was just too absorbed in watching drama. We rarely eat together anyways.

 

Since I was in third grade in high school, they keep on going to business trips; they barely have enough time for me. They never are at home for more than a week. There must be a time where they have to go to anywhere my father’s business at. Mom doesn’t have works but as a wife, she has to follow Dad along. So, around me were just maids at home.

 

Mom will sometime call me to ask how I’ve been at school, have I been handling things well, but I don’t feel the real connection like a mom and daughter should have. Yes, I will answer to her every questions but that is just that. There will be some awkward times where she doesn’t know what to speak of anymore but she still want to linger around on the line.

 

I got everything I want because I came from a wealthy family. What most other people lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter