MTTF #05

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5: HE AND SHE

 

Author’s POV

 

The Tuan family arrived earlier at Golden Palace Hotel for the dinner. Mark waited anxiously in his seat. He was seated on the right side of his mother while his father in the other side. His parents were chattering among themselves, leaving Mark alone. Cold sweat slowly formed on his forehead. He took his handkerchief from his coat’s pocket and wiped off his sweat but his anxiousness won’t go away. Instead, he kept tapping his feet on the floor and his fingers on his lap. He had never been this nervous before. Not even when meeting his clients.

 

Mama Tuan turned to him and asked him, “Darling, no need to be so nervous. It’s just a dinner.” She patted his shoulder.

 

“Easy for you to say, mama.” Mark was already standing up to go to the bathroom when he heard Papa loud voice.

 

“Hey Yoon Sae Joon, you’re here!! Cha Mi Rae, wow you’re getting younger day by day, aren’t you?” Papa exclaimed, greeting in Korean to the Yoons.

 

Mark didn’t dare to look behind his shoulder to see his future in-laws. “Stop with the flirting will you, Raymond?” Mr. Yoon slapped Mr. Tuan’s shoulder playfully. While their wives greeted each other, exclaiming that it had been a long time since they’ve seen each other, Sae Mi too was left alone behind her mother like Mark had before.

 

“Wow Sae Mi has grown so pretty since I’ve last see her.” Mark heard his mother exclaimed in awe. Sae Mi muttered a soft thanks and greeted the elder.

 

“Mark, what are you doing there? Come meet your future in-laws and your beautiful future wife.” Papa said to him.

 

Mark turned his body and first met eye with a girl. A girl with pretty eyes. Much prettier than his ex has. His anxiousness immediately washed away at the moment. Mark walked towards them and introduced himself, considering it’s the first time he met them.

 

“You guys should introduce yourselves to each other because it’s your very first time meeting isn’t it?” Mark nodded awkwardly and went closer to Sae Mi.

 

“I’m Mark.” He held out his right hand.

 

“I’m Sae Mi. Nice to meet you.” She took his hand in hers and held them for a while then she let go first.

 

Their parents who watched them just laughed at them.

 

“You two look awkward but I can sense the chemistry. Kids nowadays… Now, let’s not waste more time, you can get to know each other later. I’m hungry and you guys must be too so let’s eat.” Mr. Tuan said in a loud, easygoing tone. They all took their seat and started eating.

 

Mark and Sae Mi sat opposite of each other. Their table was filled with their parents’ laughter and chatters. Mark quietly steals some glances toward Sae Mi, watching her eat. Sae Mi who felt Mark’s gaze on her, tried to eat comfortably.

 

Sae Mi tried to reach for the side dish which was in front of Mark but she couldn’t reach it, realizing how the table is so big which could fit 10 people.

 

Mark, who realized Sae Mi’s effort to get the side dish, responds quickly by handing her the dish. Sae Mi who was stunned, was too shy to take it instead so she looked down on her plate. A smirk came upon Mark’s face and he stood up to put the dish in front of her. The parents’ chatter has slowed down as they secretly peeked at their children’s side and smiled then continue back to where they left off.

 

The dinner went well but the newly met couple is still awkward between themselves. So, the parents came up with something.

 

“Mark, why don’t you guys get to know each other after this?” Mr. Tuan said as they exited the hotel.

 

“But-”

 

“Ah right, you brought your car. So there will not be a problem.” Mama Tuan butted in, motioning Mark to go. The parents will go to the Yoons’ residence to discuss about the wedding.

 

“Alright then. We will be back soon.” Mark bowed and went to his car. Now, he knew why his parents asked him to drive himself to the hotel. Sae Mi bowed as well.

 

“No need to be back so soon. Take your time, children.” Mr. Yoon shouted from afar. Sae Mi who heard her father’s voice sighed, embarrassed. Sae Mi followed Mark to the parking lot with a few steps back away from him.

 

“Can you hurry up?” Mark’s voice echoed through the parking lot. Sae Mi was shocked to hear him talk with no feeling, different from before. Sae Mi quickens her pace until she reaches his car. She opened the passenger’s seat and settled herself inside the car. Mark on the driver seat sighed for the umpteenth time already. He hasn’t started the car engine yet.

 

Sae Mi fiddled her fingers in her lap waiting for Mark to do something.

 

“Look. We both are the victims for the sake of our parents’ business. Just so you know I don’t have any interest in girl right now.” Mark said, voicing out his thought. Sae Mi felt humiliated when he said no interest in girl.

 

“Are you gay?” Sae Mi fired back. Mark was shocked by her sudden outburst.

 

“No I’m not. Y-Yah! Don’t make your own speculations like that.” Mark flustered.

 

“If not then okay. Sheesh, no need to be so angry. I was just asking.” Sae Mi said in a duh tone and tried to muffled in her laugh.

 

“I have to listen to my father’s words, so where do you want to go?” Mark asked as he started up the engine and reversed the car then drove out of the parking lot.

 

“I don’t care. And I don’t want to know you better anyway. Just knowing your name is a burden to me.” Sae Mi’s words got Mark angry again.

 

“Huh, you think I like your name? I just hope that I my ear won’t bleed whenever I hear your name. And just so you know, all of that just know was just an act so no need to be so shyy~~” Mark purred at the end of his sentence.

 

“Just so you know, if there were only you and me at that moment, I would have cursed at you all night long.” Sae Mi mimicked Mark’s way of talking.

 

Later on, they arrived at a night club in Gangnam district. Sae Mi’s mouth hung open when she saw the sign of “GANGNAM NIGHT CLUB”.

 

“Why are we here?!” Sae Mi felt traumatized by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter