MTTF #39

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 39: A WARM WELCOME

 

Seems like what Mark had wished for came true, tomorrow is his birthday and tomorrow also happened to be Sae Mi’s due date. They were currently arranging their baby’s room, putting last and finishing touch into it.

 

The living room was full with plastic wrappers and some trash, turning the once spacious and neat room into a chaotic mess.

 

Mark and Joey did all the work meanwhile Sae Mi just gave directions here and there. Papa was also helping but Sae Mi insisted for him not to so he just cleans up the mess after them. Mama was preparing some snacks and drinks for her family in the kitchen.

 

The baby room seems perfect. Sae Mi can’t wait to welcome the baby to the world, to the Tuan family. In fact, everyone’s excited for the arriving day of the new member.

 

Painted in white, the room which is about half their room, was arranged with baby cot, a play mat, a closet and more things that a baby would need. It may be not what the baby need, but what the parents provide. The cot arrived two weeks ago, the one which Papa ordered personally. The room was situated not far from Mark and Sae Mi’s room on the second floor which was an empty room before. It was near the arcade. Joey had offered to exchange his room with the baby’s since his is closer but Sae Mi refused since it will be too much of a work to do.

 

About a month ago, Sae Mi moved some of her stuff down to the room downstairs with Mark since she can’t travel up the stairs. She can even hardly walk. Sae Mi smiled at the thought of her baby as her hand her bump gently.

 

DING DONG

 

Sae Mi woke up from her daydream when the doorbell rings out of nowhere.

 

“Papa! Is there anything else you ordered?” Sae Mi called out to Papa who’s with Mama at the kitchen.

 

“Nope.” He simply answered her.

 

“Mark! There’s someone at the door!” Then, she called out to her husband who was upstairs. For someone who looks like she doesn’t have any energy left, screamed out loud.

 

Hurried footsteps can be heard from the top floor as Mark scurried his way downstairs.

 

“Huh? Did Papa order anything again?” He asked with ragged breath as he wiped off the sweats off his forehead. Sae Mi shook her head to his question before he went to open the door.

 

“Surprise!” Screeches of feminine voice could be heard from the door. Sae Mi knew those familiar voices. They belong to her friends.

 

“Oh. Hi Mark! Sorry. We thought Sae Mi would open the door. We are just about to give a hug.” Da Yul said cheerfully, pulling away before he could attack Mark in a teddy bear hug. Mark was speechless at their appearances together with his friends too. The last time his boys did this, they were all there but now only three of them are here.

 

“Who is it?” Mama interrupted from behind and made her way through Mark.

 

“Wow! You must be Sae Mi’s friends right? Jinyoung, Bambam, Yugyeom, you guys are here! Come in… Mark, why aren’t you welcoming them?” Mama greeted them and hugged the giddy girls before they made their way inside the big house.

 

“I know right… He made this expression when we came in the past too… We’re disappointed, Mark…” Jinyoung said teasingly and therefore received a playful punch from Mark. They did their handshakes and hugged each other as they usually did when they meet up.

 

“Sae Mi!” Da Yul’s loud voice can be heard throughout the house when she found Sae Mi sitting at the couch in the living room. Sae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter