MTTF #27

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 27: A NEW GUY

 

*knock knock*

 

“Boss, someone is here.” Kate informed after opening the door. Mark’s slender fingers kept on tapping on the keyboard furiously with his gaze fixed on the computer screen intently. Stress was clearly written all over his face.

 

“Who is it?” He asked without averting his attention from the computer screen. “Its---“

 

“HELLOOO… Mark Tuan!!! Guess who’s here!” A guy with black fashion style all over jumped inside and opens up his arms expecting Mark to come running to him. Upon hearing the familiar voice he last heard since forever, he….

 

“MIKE!!!” As expected, Mark rose up from his seat and hugged the person called Mike tightly. Kate left and went back to her seat when Mark didn’t oppose to the guest but instead accepted him warmly and happily.

 

“Where have you been?! Wow, how long has it been since I’ve last met you? You didn’t even have time for my wedding on January.” Mark exclaimed once they broke the hug. He walked towards his leather black sofa set in his office and invited him to sit as well. Mike is his cousin and they have a really close relationship.

 

“Well, you know… Travelling here and there. I just got back from Italy. I’m finding my inspiration. My muse…” He sighed. “But, never find one…” He hung his head low, accepting the fact that he’s unlucky in his love life. He admits that he’s been traveling here and there, hoping to find the one girl who could be by his side and like he said to be his muse because he works as a fashion designer. If you’re thinking the guy designer who talks all girly like a girl, well he’s not that type. He’s a normal and handsome designer who’s climbing his way up to the top and now working on his design, putting more attention to men’s attire.

 

“You gotta be kidding me. A killer visual like you should’ve someone in your heart already. Do you want me to find someone for you?” Mark wriggled his eyebrows teasingly at his older cousin 2 years apart from him. Just at that moment, someone knocked on the door again. After saying come in, Kate walked in and said, “Sorry for breaking the moment but someone is here.” Her lips etched up into a polite smile being a good and well etiquette secretary she is.

 

Sae Mi walked inside carefully with a file in her left hand.

 

“Sorry I didn’t know someone is here already…” She looked shocked to find someone inside the room. She could say that his visual looked alike Mark but the aura is definitely different. Mark is with his cold city boy look when he saw her face while the guy looks cheerful and it seems like flowers will blossom well if they are planted next to him and also add the pretty rainbow behind as well. What a beautiful picture~

 

“No need, Mark.” Mike said and zoomed towards Sae Mi. “No need…” He trailed mysteriously.

 

“What’s your name beautiful?” He offered a hand and flirts with her right away.

 

“I’m Yoon Sae Mi. Hello…” Sae Mi grabbed his hand and shook it softly. She mused over this new guy confusingly. Mark put on his guard and watched by the sideline of Mike’s crazy attitude.

 

“A name that shines as bright as the beauty who inhabit it, my muse. Nice to meet you, my darling~” He complimented as a sly grin formed at the corner of his lips. He brought her hand up to his lips for a quick kiss. Sae Mi was taken aback but she didn’t retract her hands from him just yet.

 

“Excuse me?! What did you just said and do?” Mark asked, staring at him in disbelief and taking some steps closer ever so slowly.

 

“My muse. The new inspiration for my fashion genius. Voilà~” he made a French gesture that people would do to express satisfaction or approval as if by magic and brought Sae Mi’s hand up again to kiss it but Mark quickly reached up to them and put his hand on top of hers to stop him.

 

“Nice to meet you too. But, who are you?” Sae Mi chuckled softly at the end, accepting his compliment even he may sound a little crazy. Nope, he IS crazy.

 

“I’m Mark’s twin!” Mike blurted, receiving a gasp from Sae Mi and she stared at his face almost disbelievingly.

 

“What?! Really?!” Mike stared at Sae Mi’s speechless face with invisible hearts in his eyes.

 

“Yes. Don’t you find our face looks the same? Our name also sounds the same. Mark, Mike. Mike, Mark.” Mike shifted towards Mark and put his face next to Mark’s and raised a brow, asking for her opinion.

 

“A little bit though…” She showed her fingers making a shape like ‘O’, her face still showing a slight confusion.

 

“Don’t mind him. We are NOT twins!” Mark stated as a matter of fact and walks to his seat. He smacked Mike’s back playfully on his way. Sae Mi breathes a sigh of relief when Mark told her the truth. “Whew, I actually think that he’s serious.” She snickered softly.

 

“Hahaha… You should’ve looked at your face just now! You completely fell for it.” Mike mocked her. “No, I did not.” She fought back. Mike continued on laughing at her.

 

“Sae Mi, you are not here to fight with my cousin are you?” Mark said breaking the moment between Mike and Sae Mi. Seeing that Mark had some work to do with Sae Mi; Mike slumped his body onto the sofa and grabs a magazine to read. There’s only a lot of business magazines and he quickly lost interest but instead pay his attention towards the girl he assumed as his cousin’s employee.

 

“And why are you being so formal again?” Sae Mi whined as she dragged her feet towards Mark. “And why should I not?” He asked back sadistically.

 

“Here’s the file that you asked from James. He has something to attend outside that’s why he asked me to bring this to you.” Her lips pursed into a polite smile and she handed him the file that she’s been holding up until now.

 

“Alright. Put it there and if there’s nothing else, you can go now.” He gestured to the very front space of his desk. He spotted something different with her outfit and body but when he was about to ask something, she was already turning away.

 

“Hey hey Sae Mi wait a minute! Where do you live?” Mike asked straightforwardly, earning attention from Mark who was pouring some mineral water into a glass. He paid a close attention to what Mike is going to say as he brings the glass up to his lips.

 

“Why did you ask?” Question asked back with a question. She tilted her head a bit.

 

“Because I want to bring you out tonight.” He said that making Mark sprayed the water he was about to swallow. He turned to the other way to drink so luckily the water did not get on his paper work but unfortunately, he was invisible to their eyes already that he had to comfort himself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter