MTTF #36

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 36: WHAT'S GOING ON?

 

Cold wind blew softly on their faces, as if whispering romantic quotes to them as they walk at the park. Hands held firmly, the thought of letting go never crossed their minds whatsoever.

 

“Mark, I’m tired…” Sae Mi said suddenly They had only walked for a few minutes but she’s feeling exhausted already. Lately, she got tired easily and now that her emotions are all back to normal, her appetite also had increased and her cheek also started to get a little bit chubbier.

 

“Already?” Mark asked, earning a death glare from her.

 

“Okay, okay… Let’s take a seat there…” He pointed towards a white concrete bench and they seated themselves there.

 

They were silent for a moment until Sae Mi started to ask something when she saw a little kid fell down from afar.

 

“How’s Leo?”

 

“Why so sudden?”

 

“Nothing, just curious about him... Well, he’s your son after all.” She shrugged inwardly.

 

“He’s all good. He just recovered from a high fever.”

 

“You should have visited him.”

 

“I told you I would take you with me if ever I’m visiting him but since you seem to get tired easily, I assumed it would better to not go.”

 

“He would have probably missed his father.”

 

“Well… Sae Mi, is it okay?”

 

“What is?”
 

“To talk about this.”

 

“You should tell me from the beginning. I only found out about Jessica from Joey, not from your own mouth so it’s kind of hurt.” She admitted.

 

“We were split back then, remember? I’m sorry for that. But, how do you know about Leo? You even knew his name.”

 

“Jessica told me on the dinner for the anniversary. She seemed like she wanted you back in her life at that time. I don’t know if it’s the same until now…”

 

“Babe, listen… I already have you. I won’t ever go back to her okay?” She kept silent as Mark turned her body to make them face each other. She’s the one who started the topic, but she’s also the one who seemed to be affected a lot by it.

 

“…”

 

“Sae Mi…?”

 

“Only if you promise me that we will last like that.” She gestured to an elderly couple, the husband escorting his wife who’s walking with the help of a walking stick.

 

“Promise, dear…” He closed in their gap as he kissed her forehead and then her cheeks. He was about to kiss her lips when Sae Mi pushed him away because she felt embarrassed to act like that in a public place filled with all kind of generations.

 

A MONTH LATER

 

“Sae Mi, today would be the last day for you to work. I’m worried about you and the baby so I’m giving you days, no… I mean, months off. Is that okay with you?” Papa said when they eat breakfast that morning.

 

“I’m still able to work Papa, don’t worry…” Sae Mi looked over at her stomach which is now reaching into her eight months old and the bump looked so big.

 

“Babe, you should listen to Papa. I’m worried too. What if Caroline tried to do something to you again? We knew she had been quiet these past few months after your accident but who knows she might be planning something behind us? We wouldn’t know…” Mark interrupted in between before filling his mouth with the scrambled eggs.

 

Sae Mi fell silent and started thinking when she heard Mark’s opinion. What he said is all true but what is she going to do for a month long before her due? It will be too boring for her.

 

“Mama is here to entertain you, don’t worry…” Mama said, interrupting her train of thoughts as if knowing what she’s thinking.

 

“Papa, you will let me work again once I’m healthy again right?” She asked to make sure.

 

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I? But I assumed that it would be better for you to further your studies. Oh well, we’ll see what you would want to do after this okay?” Sae Mi felt loved with their caring and loving attitude.

 

“Okay then…” Sae Mi nodded when she made the final decision. After that, the three left for work because they have a meeting with East Diamond’s representative once again for the problems they are facing right now. Jessica requested this meeting personally and the Tuan’s family agreed to it since it involves a lot of money.

 

“You don’t have to wait for me at lunch okay? If you want to spend the lunch with James, I will allow it but only for this once and with one condition. Bring Jill along, got that?”

 

“Alright alright… You are being over protective again. Remember that time when you are like this and Jill almost got beaten up for dressing up like a man to meet me outside. What should I do with my jealous husband, huh?” She touched his chin teasingly before he laughed loudly at the incident. Jill wanted to meet Sae Mi outside and they planned it to make sure if Mark is following her or not even she had warned to not follow her around. Never would she have thought that Jill got grabbed by the collar right after Sae Mi hugged the older woman at the fast food restaurant.

 

Then, he kissed her forehead before letting her go onto her work floor and they bid a short goodbye. Mark went straight to the meeting room afterwards. Sae Mi was involved with the meeting too but Mark had requested to replace her with someone else form the team since Sae Mi’s going to have a few months off. So, Ryan is going to be involved as the team’s representative with James from now.

 

Hours passed like the wind as Sae Mi had nothing to do because she finished cleaning up her table already. James didn’t give her anything to do and her works had all been done before she started cleaning up. However, Jill on her side has so many papers stacked up on her table. Sae Mi saw her bringing it to her table from James’s room earlier in the morning. There are probably her parts there but she didn’t question anymore seeing James in a rush to the meeting room a few floors upstairs with Ryan.

 

Jill had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter