MTTF #38

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 38: PEACE, AT LAST?

 

The couple went back to the building after dropped by a clinic to treat Mark’s wound. Mark had told his wife that there’s no need to make it such a big issue but being a stubborn one she is, she forced Mark to drive there or not she will take over and drive.

 

Mark received some weird glances because of his bruises but he only had his eyes set on Sae Mi, being cautious and afraid of her falling. They agreed to meet after the working hours end on her work floor.

 

“Jill Avens…” Sae Mi sing sang her partner’s name. It creeps Jill out that she jumped from her seat and immediately apologized.

 

“Sae Mi. I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry for leaving you. I didn’t even intend to do that. I promise I won’t do that again.” She begged as she hugged Sae Mi tightly.

 

“Hey. Why are you so rushing? No need to be sorry. Everything’s all good now, thanks to you."

 

Jill’s expression was clear. She’s happy and confused at the same time so she loosened their hug and let Sae Mi took a breath.

 

“I should be thanking you. Not you saying sorry to me…” She went to her seat and Jill followed her steps.

 

“That’s… a relief then. I did my role successfully.” She chuckled.

 

“Have you eaten yet?”

 

“I did.”

 

“With who?”

 

“On my way back, I met James who was looking for you. I told him you’re with Mark so he asked me to go lunch with him. I’m still craving that pasta you know…” Jill pouted and made a sulking expression.

 

“Oohhh… Is there something going on between you two?” Sae Mi wooed and asked her with wriggling eyebrows.

 

“What? No way. He just needs someone to accompany him. By the way, did they fight? James’s cheeks were bruised.”

 

“I swear there’s something going on.” Sae Mi said absent-mindedly.

 

“Wait! What did you say? He’ bruised too?” Jill who was about to comment on her last statement stopped when Sae Mi voiced out her question.

 

Jill nodded at Sae Mi’s question and tilted her head a bit to ask why.

 

“I think they did fight. Mark was bruised on his cheeks too…Where is he now?”

 

“Mark? How would I know…” Jill shrugged off the question.

 

“Of course I meant James…” Sae Mi sighed at Jill's dumbness and glared at her friend.

 

“Oh… He took a half day and went home I think. That’s what he told me after eating.” Sae Mi let out a sigh of disappointment as she slumped her body and leaned on the chair in a relaxed manner.

 

Jill continued with her work when she saw Sae Mi’s deep in her thought. About 15 minutes passed, and someone came by their cubicles.

 

“Hey, Sae Mi…” Jay greeted. Jill was alarmed and therefore stood up to block Jay from coming nearer Sae Mi.

 

“What do you want?!” Jill snarled at them.

 

“Relax. We just wanted to talk with her.” Kim said when Jill is being protective over her friend.

 

“That’s what you said in the past and then she’s found hurt. What is it now? You’re going to throw her off from the highest floor?” Jill scoffed.

 

“Ouch Jill.” Sae Mi said in a sarcastic tone.

 

“We won’t do that! Never. I promise. We promise you.” Kim emphasized on her words.

 

“So, can we talk to her face to face now?”

 

“No!”

 

“Jill, it’s okay…”

 

“Sae Mi, are you being stupid? What if something happens to you? You are almost on your due!” Jill exclaimed, feeling unsatisfied with Sae Mi’s decision to talk to them.

 

Sae Mi believed they won’t do anything bad to her again. They were just Caroline’s followers. Caroline is the bad woman. She planned all the evil stuff and they were to just follow her orders.

 

“I said it’s okay. I will be okay. Don’t worry…” She said as she rose from her seat and went over to them.

 

“Let’s talk in the discussion room.” Kim escorted her to the appointed room and Jay closed the door. Kim sat Sae Mi down on one of the chair before taking a seat for herself too.

 

“We’re sorry, Sae Mi…”

 

“What for?”

 

“For hurting you in the past. It was all Caroline’s idea. She brought us to be an accomplice and I don’t know what stupid thinking came to us that we followed. We’re so sorry…” Kim took Sae Mi’s delicate hand to convey that she’s sincere. Sae Mi looked at her hand before making the eye contact with the two of them who sat in front of her.

 

Sae Mi’s assumptions were true. They have nothing against her. It was only Caroline because she’s the one who has personal feelings for Mark.

 

“I forgave you long time ago. Whether it makes sense or not, that’s how I found that there’s another life inside me.” Sae Mi brought her hand to her bump to make them feel how the baby’s moving right now. The baby’s movement made her feel weird and hurt a little but she was relieved to share it with someone.

 

“We would regret for our entire lifetime if you lose your baby after that incident. You are so nice that you made us feel guiltier…” Kim was touched at her kindness when she also felt the baby’s movement inside Sae Mi’s tummy.

 

“Don’t be. What’s important now that we are healthy. So, stop feeling guilty. It was long past already, alright?” Sae Mi said and they both nodded.

 

“We need to tell you something.” Then, Jay’s voice sound serious. Sae Mi felt worried hearing her tone.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Caroline.” Sae Mi’s face went pale at the name. She fell silent without asking anything furthermore but they both understood her feelings.

 

“She’s planning on something.”

 

“And she’s not doing it alone.” Kim continued.

 

“How- how do you guys know?” Her voice was slow and trembling. She’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter