MTTF #09

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: THE GOOD AND THE BAD

 

Sunday arrived and Sae Mi has to part with her parents because they will leave for Korea today. Sae Mi wanted to accompany them until the airport but her mother restrained her from doing so because the weather is not so good, she might get sick besides, the airport is located quite far from the Tuan’s house.

 

She hugged her mother and received some advices on taking care of her husband. She apologized and thanked her daughter for the umpteenth time already and Sae Mi just decided to nod along. Her father slipped some notes in her front jacket pocket while hugging her but Sae Mi was too engulfed in her emotion to realize it.

 

Sae Mi felt alone. Even though she has no problem communicating in English since she received private tutoring on such languages but she will miss her hometown. It will be too awkward to talk in Korean with her in-laws anyway because they are now in America. Come to think of it, she will not be alone since her older brother is here too.

 

Mark greeted his in-laws goodbye and said his promise to take care of their daughter. The Yoons departed safely, waving goodbye to Sae Mi with regret and sorry on their faces for having to part with their daughter. Sae Mi went inside with a gloomy face. Mark felt bad for her yet there was nothing he could do.

 

“Sae Mi, your father had told me to ask you about what you’re going to do here. So, do you want to further your studies or work in my company?”

 

“Let’s just get her work.” Mark, who heard his father’s voice, answered but received a playful slap on the arm from his Papa. He winced in pain and went upstairs to do his works which was hindered because of the wedding.

 

“I don’t know Papa.” Sae Mi’s answered as she sits down on the sofa. She has no interest of doing anything right now.

 

“What about you work first? As an intern?” Papa suggested taking his seat opposite of his daughter in-law.

 

“But, I just started studying.”

 

“Your father told me you learned the basic already since 18. So, no problem.” Papa shrugged and rested his back on the sofa.

 

“But, I still think it’s too early for me.”

 

“So, you’re saying you want to further your study?”

 

“Not particularly.” Sae Mi thinks for a while. Wanting to make a decision. A smart one. And she chose…..

 

“Okay Papa. I’ll work.” She made up her mind. Hoping it would be best for her.

 

“You can start tomorrow. I’ll put you under James in the Marketing Department. I will also inform the HR later and you can start right away. I will come to office tomorrow and introduce you to all the staff. Sounds alright?” Papa starts making his plan for Sae Mi and then got up to pat Sae Mi on the shoulder after receiving an okay for her.

 

Then, Sae Mi went to check on Mark in the study room. She knocked and step inside right after without receiving any reply. Mark was frowning in his seat as he flipped through some pages of the document he’s holding.

 

“Get out. I’m busy.” Mark said harshly without lifting his head from the document.

 

“Just continue with your work. I’m not even bothering you.” Then, there was silence. A comfortable silence with the sound of flipping pages from both Mark and also Sae Mi who is reading a VOGUE magazine.

 

“So, what have you decided on?” After about 15 minutes, Mark raised his head from the words which makes his head spun and his neck hurts but to find Sae Mi’s missing.

 

“Soooo, I was talking alone then.” He mumbled to himself and got up from his seat to rest from the tiring work which will never end.

 

Sae Mi was lying lazily on the bed with her phone in her hand when she heard the door creaked open and averted her gaze towards the door. Mark walked towards her with an intense gaze and took her hand in his, forcing her to stand up,

 

“Yah, what the hell is wrong with you?” Sae Mi lost her patience with Mark and she pulled her hand back to her side.

 

“Whoa~ Relax. I just want to ask you out to buy your clothes. No, don’t get the wrong idea. Mama asked me to since you’ll start working tomorrow.” He explained.

 

“Well, you can do that without pulling my hand right? And no, I’m not going with you. I’d rather go alone.” She crossed her arms and turned away from her.

 

“You have to. Oh, wait a minute...” Mark hurried to the bathroom when he suddenly felt nauseous and the sound of someone throwing up echoed. Sae Mi was shocked and went to check on Mark. She patted his back a few times and pinches her nose to avoid the smell coming in through. Mark vomit up everything he ate for lunch just now and stopped when he felt empty in the stomach. He washes up and cleans the sink right after.

 

“You are the one who asked me out and you threw up? How can we go out like this?” Sae Mi mocked her husband when he got out of the bathroom.

 

“I’m okay now although I do fell empty in my stomach. So, let’s go out now.” He reached for his car keys and walked to the door.

 

“Wait! Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter