MTTF #31

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 31: IT'S OURS...

 

The funeral was organized in the afternoon but Sae Mi doesn’t have the heart to be present after she woke up at one of the room in the hospital. So, she decided to go back home without informing anyone after seeing off her parents’ frozen and dead bodies for the last time. Their condition broke her heart but she had enough of crying. She saw Rae Joon and Mark already dressed in black suit and was waiting for her to change but she managed to slip out of their sight and took a taxi to go back home.

 

By the time she stepped inside the house, her phone rang like crazy and most of it came from her brother. She ignored all the calls but doesn’t turn it off, so that her brother would know that she just doesn’t want to pick it up. But then it still doesn’t stop. When she looked at the screen, she saw the ID that she wished would never came up.

 

Ajusshi

 

Seeing the name, her hand automatically threw the phone away and it landed just below the staircase. She walked upstairs and went into her father’s home office. Cha Ok heard someone coming in the house so she decided to check on who and saw the silhouette of the young miss of the house going inside her boss’s home office.

 

“Agasshi, are you in there? Sae Mi agasshi?” Cha Ok who had been working for the Yoons for almost 20 years knocked on the locked door a few times but she received no reply at all.

 

Sae Mi sat on the comfortable leather seat where her father had always sat on to do his office works. Her father’s odor is still lingering in the room and she missed him already. Explains that she hasn’t met him for six months… She took an old album from his big bookcase behind the desk and stare at it longingly. It has been a long time. Like said earlier, they stopped paying attention on her since she graduated from kindergarten. The parents kept on going to business trips and never stayed at home for more than two weeks, leaving her and her brother who was entering middle school at that time, parentless. Only their name that combines theirs both. Rae Joon’s the last characters and Sae Mi from the first characters.

 

All the house works matter was left to Cha Ok who was hired earlier even before Sae Mi was born. Then, thinking that she alone is not enough to handle all the works, Mr. Yoon hired a few more and also a driver to send them to school. As Sae Mi reminiscence to those days, a few shiny tears dropped on the album. A scene where she made up with her father earlier this year played again in the back of her memories.

 

“Appa… Umma…” She called to no one as her eyes are now fixated on the frame on the table. It contains something like a family portrait on her wedding except that Mark is also in it. Well yeah, he is also part of the family. They were all smiling so happily and that saddens Sae Mi more when she thought that she could never see them smile in real life anymore...

 

“Sae Mi! Yoon Sae Mi! Open this door!” An urgent voice came from outside woke Sae Mi up from her long thoughts. She doesn’t even make any move to go and open the door. She also doesn’t even reply to the command.

 

“Yoon Sae Mi… Don’t you ever try doing anything stupid okay? We’ll come inside in a minute.” A familiar voice Sae Mi recognized as Ji Won’s, said worriedly. Da Yul had gone with Cha Ok to find the key to the room. It took quite a while before they could find the right one. The two best friends of hers came rushing to the house after hearing from Rae Joon that Sae Mi went missing from her hospital room. They decided to help with the funeral but Rae Joon insisted them to go and have a look on Sae Mi so that she wouldn’t do anything stupid.

 

“Sae Mi!” Both of them rushed over to Sae Mi who’s sitting behind the big desk after opening the door with the matching key.

 

“I’m glad you’re okay. You made us worried sick.” Ji Won exclaimed as she went down to hug her best friend. Da Yul heaved a huge sigh of relief on the side.

 

“What are you talking about? Of course I’m okay. My parents just went to heaven and nothing could make me happier than this.” Sae Mi smiled at the two of them as they broke the hug. Ji Won and Da Yul felt bad for her because she tried so hard to keep the strong image but they already saw some trail of tears on her pink cheeks. Her nose also went red already. Suddenly, Sae Mi got up making the two girls alarmed by her actions.

 

“Do you want to eat something? I’ll ask Cha Ok ahjumma to make you some food…” She turned to them who stood still on their spot near the leather chair.

 

“Sae Mi…” Da Yul trailed as she dragged her feet to Sae Mi’s place. Sae Mi replied her eye contact and gave off a bitter smile

 

“Don’t pretend to be strong. You are going to hurt yourself and also your baby if you keep going on like this. It’s not good for your emotional state. The baby will be sad too...” Ji Won advised as she also walks towards Sae Mi. Sae Mi broke into sea of tears when she heard her remarks and dropped to the floor weakly. Da Yul quickly held her in her embrace to calm her down.

 

“It’s okay, Sae Mi. We are here… Cry all you want…” Ji Won pats her long black hair softly.

 

“Don’t you think they are too cruel? They promised me so many things yet they didn’t fulfill those promises. What about my baby? They wanted to take care of the baby as soon as the baby was born but how are they going to do it?” She stopped to say those words but ended up crying again. Cha Ok who was at the doorstep also dropped a few tears upon seeing the girl she had raised all these years crying badly because her parents just passed away. Sae Mi kept on crying for a few minutes and fell asleep in Da Yul’s embrace. The two carried Sae Mi into her room with the help of Cha Ok because she’s getting heavier mostly because of her carriage. They only left the house when Rae Joon arrived home after the funeral.

 

 

“Oppa, are we serious?” Da Yul asked as she laid her on the seat inside the café alongside with Ji Won. Jinyoung nodded in reply. He had asked for Mark’s free time when he and GOT7 went to Mark’s in-law’s funeral so that they could tell him the truth.

 

Mark arrived a few minutes later and greeted them lightly. They can clearly see the worn out face he’s wearing right that moment. “So, what is it?”

 

“Hyung, firstly, you have to believe in every word we are about to say okay?” Jinyoung said and Mark nodded hesitantly with a confused face. He sat there like he was being interrogated because al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter