MTTF #26

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 26: M.A.R.K

 

Months passed and Sae Mi is now going into her three months pregnancy. Her tummy looks a little bulging than she should be and she’s worried about how to tell her parents and her in-laws. So, to hide it she always wears her loose shirt from her collections and she also shopped for more so people won’t notice as much of her bulging tummy. Mark had been treating him like the cold him but she replied back with the cheerful her. Sae Mi sensed something fishy about her husband and Jessica and she decided to ask Joey about it.

 

“How’s life, Joey?” She asked after came inside his unusually neat and tidy room.

 

“Heyy~ I’m good. You?” Joey rose from his seat and hugged Sae Mi tightly. They rarely meet each other even when they live under the same roof. Sae Mi with her works and she always come back home late. Joey with his trucks of assignments and a girl he’s been laying his eyes on. Ehem!

 

“Always good~ I know this is too sudden but I have something to ask you.” She comfortably took a seat on his sofa and crossed her legs casually. “What’s the matter?” Joey settled himself next to Sae Mi and asked her.

 

“Do you know about Mark’s past?” She raised a question towards him.

 

“Why do you ask? Haven’t he told you yet?”

 

“I wouldn’t come to you if he had told me everything.” She said in a sadistic tone.

 

“Alright, erm yeah I do know something…” He dragged.

 

“Can you tell me?” Her eyes beamed with anticipation.

 

“Alright. But I still think that it would be better for Mark himself to tell you.”

 

“Joey…” She trailed angrily.

 

“Sheesh calm down girl~ Mark had a girlfriend in high school before. Her name is Jessica. She---“

”What did you say her name was again???”

 

“Jess…sica…?” Joey’s reply made her feel nervous. She’s throwing away all her paranoia thought and tries to focus on Joey. “Okay, continue.”

 

“I’m quite close with her since Mark always invites me whenever they go on a date. Yeah, I do feel like a third wheeler there but it’s only for the beginning of their relationship. They are so in love that I felt I was not needed there and I was quite jealous of them. I was quite young at that time and I didn’t know that Papa and Jessica’s dad are rivals in the business industry. REAL rivals like they wouldn’t even want to have the same partner or collaborate with the same company. Then, at the end of their high school prom night, suddenly a group of bodyguards came up to them and took Jessica away while refraining Mark from going to her. I only knew about this because Mark told me after he came back home in a messy state. He looked very pitiful that night. Ever since that, Mark had not heard anything from Jessica and he had given up on her after waiting for one year. He became a player and made woman became his toy until the day you came, I never see that side of his anymore. Are you satisfied or would you like me to elaborate more about MARK TUAN’S LOVE LIFE?” Joey raised a question and stared at Sae Mi’s speechless face.

 

“Oh my god!” She exclaimed suddenly.

 

“What? What? What happened? Whyy??” Joey flustered at her sudden exclamation.

 

“Jessica is back a month ago.”

 

“WHAT??! Noona, are you serious?!”

 

“Why would I even kid around with a kid like you, Joey? Please take me seriously.” She said in a duh-tone.

 

“You have to be close to Mark. ALWAYS! The Jessica I knew three years ago is a nice and sweet person but I don’t know how she is right now.  If she knew about Mark’s marriage with you, she could be plotting something. I’m not thinking negative --- ”

 

“You already are, Joey.” She cut in.

 

”Well, whatever but I’m saying this for your sake. I don’t want you two end up like those dramas in the tv okay?” He patted her softly and Sae Mi went out after that. The name ‘Jessica’ kept bothering her. In the end, she took a walk to the nearest park to freshen herself up while looking around.

 

 

“Ji Won-ah! Wait for me!” Da Yul ran towards Ji Won to catch up with her. Once she reached next to her, she was out of breath already. “Man, I… huh…. should’ve exercised… huh huh… more~” She exclaimed after breathing in and out a few more time to calm her fast heartbeat.

 

“I’m REALLY glad that you already know that.” Ji Won replied, earning a playful smack from Da Yul. “You really…”

 

“What’s the matter now?” Ji Won asked diverting her attention towards her friend.

 

“Nothing. I just missed you so much…” Da Yul cheekily stated.

 

“Eww, go away. We met in the class just now you gotta be kidding me,” Ji Won pushed her friend away and walks away as quickly as she could. “Yah yahhh… don’t be so cruel…” Da Yul caught up to her again and whined.

 

“Stop being so y and tell me what you want to tell me.” Ji Won .

 

“Ouch I’m hurt. Anyway, let’s find a place first. Café?” Da Yul suggested and Ji Won just followed along. After getting their trays of food from Dunkin’ Donuts, they took a place quite isolated from other people.

 

“Spill it, girl…” Ji Won insisted. Da Yul opened up her bagpack she was carrying just now and took out a necklace. “What’s that?” Ji Won asked as she took a sip on her iced chocolate.

 

“This… I told you before Ji Won!! How could you be so forgetful?” Da Yul fumed.

 

“Ehh, did you?” She stopped to think for a moment. “Ah right! You DID tell me before… I remember now. Heh mian~” She apologized.

 

“Aigoo, how could someone as forgetful as you be so clever, anyway?"

 

“And…?” Ji Won rolled her eyes and ignored her random blabbering.

 

“I asked Jinyoung oppa about it in case he has seen it before…”

 

“Seriously, Da Yul! Are you going trail this further more? Haish!” Ji Won slumped back in disappointment.

 

“Arasso arasso… He did and said it belongs to one of his friend.”

”Seriously? Whose it it?” Ji Won trailed raising a brow in the end to make sure of her assumption.

 

 FLASHBACK

 

“Oppa! I’m borrowing your dictionary!” Da Yul shouted from upstairs to Jinyoung who’s downstairs. She just went in despite that her brother is reluctant to let anyone step inside his room. He even put the skeleton image that it’s dangerous and to stay away. Even their maids don’t have the guts to go inside.

 

“YAH! PARK DA YUL! DO NOT GO INTO MY ROOM!!!” She can hear he’s running from the kitchen, up the stairs but it was too late. Da Yul was already inside the room holding a dictionary in the right hand and a frame in the left.

 

“O-oppa…” She stuttered while handing him the frame. “What? What’s wrong?” He asked her back, taking the frame in his hand.It was a photo of him at their school's carnival along with his friend and his friend's girlfriend.

 

“Is the one wearing the infinity necklace your… your friend?” She urges, pointing to the frame again.

 

“Yup! You know him Da Yul! That’s Mark. Why?” He answered without noticing the white color taking over his sister’s face, making it pale.

 

“No, it’s not…” she trailed off, unable to believe what she just heard from her brother’s mouth.

 

“Yes it is. Why?” He emphasized and repeated the same question but Da Yul went out to go her room instead. Then, she came back again wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter