MTTF #37

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 37: MINE

 

“Mark…?” Sae Mi called out which made Mark push Jessica harder than before. Sae Mi wanted to give a surprise visit and invite him to lunch since it would be her last day working with James and Jill but never would she had thought that she would witness something like this. She thought Mark had restrain himself from meeting Jessica alone after telling her the truth about Leo and all, but right now… all she feel is betrayed. And that’s not a nice feeling at all.

 

“It’s not like what you think, Sae Mi. You are misunderstanding.” Mark tried to explain but Sae Mi had already turned her body to walk out of the office that instant. Kate who’s standing at her cubicle near Mark’s office stood up in shock when Sae Mi passed by her. Kate thought Sae Mi wanted to give Mark a surprise visit since Sae Mi told her not to intercom Mark. She was quite surprised to as she saw a glimpse of Jessica’s figure in the room. Jessica probably would have come in when she went to get a file from the CEO’s secretary just now. James who was behind Sae Mi just now felt angry at what Mark did in front of his very own wife.

 

Mark chased for Sae Mi but before he could reach Sae Mi who’s walking hardly by herself, James threw a punch at him. Mark felt flat on the floor as blood started to appear on the left corner of his lips.

 

“What have you done?!” James asked as he grabs Mark by his collar. Mark breathed rapidly before he found his footing on the ground again. He felt challenged therefore he gave James a taste of his own medicine. James staggered backward before attempting to punch Mark again but somehow Jessica ran up to stop him.

 

What kind of fate that came down upon her that she got thrown away like Mark did to her just now and Mark received a second punch, this time on the other cheek.

 

“Stop punching me!” He shouted in anger as he wipe off the blood of his lips and cheekbone.

 

“That’s what you get for hurting her again! Can’t you see she’s how she has to suffer to walk all the way up here to give a surprise visit and invite you to lunch?! And this is what she got in return? What kind of husband are you, still cheating with other woman when you know your wife is pregnant?!!” James replied back with the same tone. Mark seemed to be taken aback by

his outburst and stayed silent.

 

Jessica stood by the side, didn’t have the guts to interfere in their business anymore because of them looked so angry and furious. When he came to his sense, Mark dashed out of the door, pushing through Kate who’s standing by the doorway with a disbelief expression plastered on her face. Everything that happened in front of her seems like an impossible thing she would witness in her lifetime, but she did anyway…

 

James wiped the blood of his lips with his bare hand before followed suit to find Sae Mi who he assumed would probably be in the lobby already. She wouldn’t go back to their work floor since it will be too easy for Mark to find her. Jessica on the other hand stomped her heels out the door and went to a floor she’s been investigating for a long time.

 

Every pair of eyes on that floor landed on her curiously as her heels clacked with the floor.

 

“Can I meet with Caroline Carter, please?” Jessica asked with a fake sweet tone as a woman in her mid 20 rose from her seat saying, “Yes, that’s me. What can I do for you?”

 

 

“Sae Mi!” Mark called out for his wife’s name as soon as he reached Sae Mi’s work floor. The team members who were still there stared at him weirdly because of his bruises but then Katie stepped up to say something.

 

“She went upstairs with James just now.”

 

“Did she drop by here after that?”

 

“Nope. Haven’t seen her yet.” Katie shook her head with a confused expression.

 

Upon hearing her answer, Mark quickly pressed the button to go to the lower floors. The elevator was taking too long of a time that he decides to just use the emergency stair to travel down. Well, it is an emergency after all…

 

He was greeted with weird and curious looks once again as soon as he had his foot stepped on the lobby ground. Somehow, Papa was there with his friend and he asked his son of his condition that moment.

 

“Mark! What happened? What’s wrong with your face?”

 

“Papa… Have… Have you seen… Sae Mi?” He said in between heavy breaths because of running too much and sweats rolling down on his temples and forehead.

 

“I saw her going into her friend’s car just now. Did anything happen? She looked rather hurt and sad though…” Before Papa could explain any longer, Mark made a run to his car and revved up the engine instantly then drove off to the busy road.

 

His hand reached for his phone inside his slack’s pocket to call for Sae Mi’s number but her phone was turned off. He searched for Jill’s number and he got connected quickly.

 

“Jill, is Sae Mi with you right now?” Mark asked urgently.

 

“Yes, why?” Jill asked back, being completely oblivious of what Sae Mi witnessed just now. She was waiting at the lobby when she saw Sae Mi coming towards her and grabbed her by the hand and went straight to her car. Jill assumed that they are going with only them so she just started driving off to the restaurant she’s recommending.

 

“Can you please hand over the phone to her?” Mark asked nicely. Jill shrugged and hands over her phone in front of Sae Mi. Unexpectedly; she received it and put the phone next to her ears, listening to Mark’s voice.

 

“Sae Mi?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Oh god! I’m glad you are with Jill. I thought you would go somewhere else and run from me. Sae Mi, about earlier… It was a misunderstanding! I swear!”

 

“Hm… Is there anything else you would like to say?”

 

“Babe, please… Don’t treat me like this…” His pleading voice was heard from the other line. Sae Mi’s tone sounded so flat that he’s afraid they would be in a fight again. It has only been a month since they got together and now Jessica just had to ruin their relationship like this.

 

“I’m hanging up since you have nothing else to say. Bye.” She said and immediately the line was cut off, leaving Mark hanging alone.

 

“Damn it!” He punched the steering wheel so hard that his palm turned red but he didn’t give a care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter