MTTF #18

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18: LETTING YOU KNOW BUT... IS IT TOO LATE?

 

*contains slight curse words* sorry~~

 

Cold sweats are forming on his temples and forehead. His hands clasped together in extreme anxiousness. His heart can’t stop beating furiously. His feet were tapping on the floor, signing that he’s in a messy state. He can only think of his wife in the emergency room.

 

The moment he reached the emergency room, he quickly carries his wife bridal style without waiting for the nurse to carry the stretcher. Sae Mi was already unconscious on their way even though Mark had told her many times not to sleep. He was in utter confusion because of the blood on Sae Mi’s thigh. *Why are there even bloods? What is it? Is she hiding anything from me?* He mentally asked himself.

 

He had called Papa again and informed that Sae Mi is in the emergency room and he doesn’t know what is wrong with her and they don’t need to come. Papa let out a frustrated sigh and said okay. He will tell Mama and wait for his call on Sae Mi’s improvement or what else.

 

About twenty minutes later, the door opened revealing a doctor in her early 30s. Mark dashed up in front of her and asked about his wife’s condition urgently. The doctor put on a calm face and tells him straightforwardly.

 

“Mr.…?”

 

“Tuan.”

 

“Mr. Tuan. I would like to speak with you. Come to my room please.” She led the way but Mark’s question stopped her.

 

“But, my wife?”

 

“I will explain later. She’s stable now so don’t worry…” She gave him a reassuring smile and continued her steps.

 

As soon as his connected with the chair inside the doctor’s room, he was asked with a question that made him shocked.

 

“Do you know that your wife is pregnant?”

 

“W-What?”

 

“Do you know about her pregnancy?”

 

“N-no…” His crestfallen face started to show more.

 

“It seems like your wife herself doesn’t know about this as she wore high heels which might be dangerous for pregnant ladies.”

 

“…”

 

“She had a fall and suffered a quite bad bleeding from it. But, I was quite shocked to find that the baby is still safe even though she is still her early stage of pregnancy and at this time the womb is still weak and not strong yet. Looks like the baby’s urge to see the world is strong.”

 

Mark was left unspoken, totally didn’t expect of this outcome. He doesn’t know what to react. The baby was not his as they haven’t make love yet but how could…

 

Mark entered a private ward that he personally asks for for his wife. He was sitting beside her bed, trying to figure the knot that was tied in his head. He felt wanting to hate Sae Mi as how could she hide all of that from him. And moreover, she’s not pure anymore. Mark sighed for the umpteenth time. He made a call to tell his parents that their in-law is stable and then messed his hair in frustration. He is in a complete mess.

 

“She’s almost in her five weeks of pregnancy.” The doctor’s voice echoed again in his ear.

 

Five weeks. They are only in their two weeks of their marriage how could this possibly happen.

 

“So, this must’ve happen before I married her. Why did she even marry me when she’s carrying someone else’s child? She is too young even. How could you Sae Mi? After I have developed my feelings for you. How could you do this to me?” A manly tear slipped from his left eye and he covered his face in his tough arms next to her body. He waited for her to wake up but the doctor said she will wake up eventually but then he fell asleep, tired of waiting.

 

A few hours later, Sae Mi stirred in her sleep and slowly opens her half-lidded eyes to find the unfamiliar room in her view. She blinked a few times to get used to the bright light and then turned her head to see Mark sleeping soundly in an uncomfortable position. Sae Mi felt weird in her private area and shuffle a little to sit up to get more comfortable but got Mark awake by her movements.

 

“Hey, Mark.” Her voice came out weak. Mark gave her a bitter smile in response.

 

“Is there anything wrong with me? Why am I here?” She asked innocently but then, she remembered the bleeding she had from the fall because Caroline pushed her. She let out a gasp, earning a look from Mark.

 

“B-bl-blood. Wh-What’s wrong with me? Mark? Tell me. There’s definitely must be something w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter