MTTF #30

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 30: AS TIME PASS BY...

 

Four months, Sae Mi started investigating Mark where he had gone or who did he meet. Turns out, he would eventually go out with Jessica and a boy about two or three years of age after work end. Then at home, she would act like nothing happened. But inside, her hearts shattered into a million pieces seeing Mark smiling happily with them.

 

Five months, her father’s condition worsened and she was worried from where she is. Her father is getting better when she called her mother in Korea after a few weeks. She doesn’t know why but she suddenly missed them so much. It’s been five months or more and she didn’t meet them at all at the meantime but only through video call.

 

Six months, her father was hospitalized once and was diagnosed with heart attack and also his high blood pressure earlier that month. But, Sae Mi never knew about it. She only knew about it when she talked about their parents with her brother on the skype as always. She felt worried and she made the decision to go back to her homeland. Whether Mark gave her permission or not, she will still go back home.

 

Sae Mi just heard from her brother that their father fell sick in the morning after she called him just now. She wanted to go back home at that moment but she has to ask Mark first. He is now busy with the theme park project that has started two months ago and hopefully she wouldn’t disturb him while he’s working.

 

“Mark, can I go back to Korea today?” She asked as soon as she got permission to enter the study room. He is working as usual even though it’s Saturday.

 

“What? Today? No!”

 

“But, my father is---“

 

“I said no. Now get out. I’m busy!”

 

“I can go alone if you have work. I won’t bother you, seriously... But please give me permission to go back home… Please….” She tolerated.

 

“Do you want me to get nagged by Mama? You’re pregnant and I’m not letting you go alone and neither will Mama.  I’ll find some time and we’ll go but not in the meantime. I’m busy with the new project.”

 

“My---”

 

“A word out and we won’t go. Now please…” He eyed the door, signaling for her to get out.

 

She stomped her feet in protest and Mama saw it accidentally on her way to the room.

 

“Hey there… Why so gloomy? Did Mark do anything to you?” Mama approached her and randomly held her big stomach now.

 

“No… I wanted to go to Korea but he won’t let me…” Sae Mi pouted trying to gain her empathy.

 

“He must’ve a lot of work to do. You know, even though he’s still young, Papa is making him work too much already. Well, he’s the heir after all.”

 

Sae Mi felt more than heartbroken when Mama also doesn’t take her side. She went to her room and called her brother to inform he that she cannot go back home. Rae Joon will go instead of her. They planned that one of them has to go but since Rae Joon had something, he had to cancel it upon hearing his sister’s decision. He has to understand that she’s married already and she has a husband to obey.

 

Sae Mi doesn’t have any appetite to eat at lunch so she slept in until 5 in the evening.

 

This is my heartbeat song and I’m going to play it

Been so long I forgot how to turn it up, up, up, up all night long

Oh up, up all night long~

 

Her phone rang like crazy when she was still in bed. She unlocked the iPhone screen and saw 15 missed call from Rae Joon. She was about to call him back when a call came in from him.

 

“Oh oppa. Why?”

 

“Sae Mi… Listen to me carefully… You have to come back now. Omma and appa was involved in an accident on their way to the hospital and right now they are in critical condition. Take the earliest flight and come now. Hurry!” Rae Joon said urgently and Sae Mi dropped her phone out of shock. Her silhouette stay seated on the bed and tears started welling up in her eyes. She rushed outside and went to the study room where Mark is located.

 

“Mark! Please let me go home!!”

 

“Don’t you understand a damn thing I said just now?”

 

“My parents got into an accident and all you care for now is the project?! If you don’t want to go along, then let me go alone! Please, just let me go home…” She dropped to the floor and cried right that moment. Mark who is typing furiously on the keyboard stopped abruptly and his mouth became silent. Papa and Mama rushed to the room when they heard some shouts and when they arrived; they saw Sae Mi on the floor, crying her heart out. Mama rushed over to help her up and comfort her.

 

“Darling… What’s wrong? Tell me…” Mama asked worriedly as she searched for Sae Mi’s eyes. All she got in response was her wailing and crying and she hugged her daughter in-law to comfort her.

 

Mark went to their room silently and took out a luggage. He just grabs whatever they will need and put it all in one luggage. He changed into more decent clothes and went to get his luggage and backpack. He went to his computer back in the study room and reserved for a plane ticket for two the closest time to now.

 

“What happened, Mark?” Papa inched closer and asked him.

 

“Sae Mi’s parents got into an accident just now.”

 

“What? Really? Then, book two tickets for us too. We are following along.” Papa said and he went to pack his things and Mama’s things too. Sae Mi’s soft sob can still be heard and she is still in Mama’s embrace, feeling comforted little by little. Suddenly, she got up and went to her room to change when she caught the hint that they are going back to Korea that instant...

 

 

The Tuans arrived at 2.30 in the morning at Seoul Hospital and headed straight to the emergency ward to be met with Rae Joon with a troubled face. Sae Mi walked quickly even though she had been warned by Mama to be careful or she will fall down but she doesn’t care a bit. Out of all things, her parents are the only thing that mattered to her right now.

 

“Oppa!” Sae Mi hugged Rae Joon as soon as she saw her brother’s figure. Rae Joon his sister’s hair softly and pats her back at the same time to calm his sister who’s starting to cry again.

 

“How’s your father and mother?” Papa asked after a moment of silence.

 

“They are still in the surgery room since 11 pm. They were treated first after they got here and everything went okay but suddenly something went wrong and right now they are in a critical state. I can’t listen to the doctor’s words properly because I was still in shock.” He explained. They all sat at the seat prepared outside and Sae Mi hadn’t parted one second with her brother. She fell asleep on her brother’s shoulder with her hand rested on her stomach. Suddenly, Rae Joon needed to go to the bathroom so he called for Mark to sit next to Sae Mi so that she can lean her head on his. Luckily, Sae Mi being a light sleeper she is didn’t wake up from the slight movement.

 

A few minutes later, Rae Joon returned to his seat but Sae Mi’s head remained on Mark’s shoulder. The door slid open revealing a few surgeons in their uniforms walking out. Rae Joon, Papa and Mama rushed to talk to them but Mark cannot get up because Sae Mi is still sleeping soundly. He saw them talking seriously and Rae Joon’s face turned gloomier than before. He walked back to his seat and left Papa to talk to the doctor. Mama beside him is already crying and held Papa’s arms for support.

 

After a few minutes of discussion, they came back to their seat just now.

 

“What’s the result?” Mark asked softly, trying to not wake Sae Mi up by his voice.

 

“They are very critical right now. The doctor said that some pieces of glass struck into her father’s chest ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter