MTTF #04

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: DIFFERENT

 

Ji Won called my mom to tell her that I’m spending the night at her house. Ji Won’s house is at an area a bit far from mine.

 

“Would you like to eat? We can buy it on the way if you want.” Ji Won’s voice disappeared into thin air as I didn’t give any attention. She then stopped at my favorite restaurant.

 

“I will go buy your favorite dishes, so just w-….” She stopped her sentence when I hold her hand.

 

“Please, stay with me.” I whispered. Ji Won sighed in relief when she heard my voice.

 

“I’m lucky to hear your voice again. I’ve been dying to talk to you.” She put a limit on her joke and I felt sorry but I didn’t voice out my thought.

 

“Just… let me rest.” I’ve been fighting with myself along the way to Ji Won’s house.

 

Ji Won gave me some clothing to change into and a towel. She gave me some toiletries that she had been keeping extra to let me clean up. I brushed myself so hard that my white pale skin got all red. I tried getting all the dirt that man put on me but the fact is, I can’t.

 

Ji Won asked me what happened and luckily I gained my strength back after I ate same ramyun that she cooked while I bathed. I even wonder where I get my appetite from. Maybe because I haven’t ate since the evening.

 

I told her full story, including what Namjoon tried to do to me, and was shocked myself that I didn’t cry. I didn’t quite get over it yet so I hug her to get some comfort.

 

“Can you please keep this a secret? And tell Da Yul to do so. Please…” My voice sounded so soft that even I barely hear it. Ji Won patted my back, telling me she would do so. Then we both headed to sleep but I can’t seem to close my eyes that night and the flashback of me getting keep playing in my mind.

 

 

Next morning, Ji Won screamed out of shock because she saw me with eye bag under my eyes. She scolded me for not getting enough sleep. Then, she told me to clean up while she prepared breakfast so that she can send me home. I brushed my skin so hard like yesterday but the dirt only I can see would never come off. Suddenly, something struck my mind. *What if I got pregnant?* I washed ever so quickly to let Ji Won know.

 

“JI WON AHH!!!!” I screamed.

 

“Yeah, yeah what’s wrong Sae Mi?!” Ji Won rushed from the kitchen to her bedroom, panicking. She let out a sigh of relief after seeing that I was done no harm.

 

“Why are you screaming like that? You scared the out of me, you know.” She cursed a bit but I ignored her and said, “What if…. I got pregnant??” Ji Won was dumbstruck, frozen on the spot. “It’s my first time too, Ji Won. What am I going to do now? I’m getting married soon.” I tried to hold back my tears.

 

“Even though it’s a marriage set up by my parents, but I still want to do the best for my future husband and in-laws. But now, I’m ruined. My marriage life will forever be haunted by this black memory.” I burst into tears and Ji Won pulled me into a hug.

 

“No, you’re not going to get pregnant. It’s okay. Everything will be okay. I will always be by your side. If you have any problem, you can come to me whenever you want to okay?” She patted my back softly, giving me soft reassuring words. While Ji Won comforted me, my phone beside me rings. It’s Da Yul.

 

“Hey Sae Mi. You okay? I got something to tell you.” Da Yul worriedly asks me.

 

“I’m… *clears throat* okay for now. What is it?”

 

“I cleaned my room after you left yesterday and I found a silver necklace. I’ve never seen it before on someone we know. It kind of has an infinity symbol.” Da Yul said on the other line while examining the necklace in her hand.

 

“For the time being, I don’t want to know anything about what happened yesterday. But thank you for caring so much about me. Can you please keep the necklace for me and keep a secret of what happened yesterday?”

 

“Of course. But tell me if you need help with anything. I will sure catch that bastard who did it to you.” I replied thank you and we hung up soon after.

 

 

Da Yul’s POV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter