MTTF #20

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20: THE PAST

 

A schoolboy and a schoolgirl were seen sitting together at the back of the school building near the field. They were friends, no scratch that, classmates. Only classmates in Business Education and Visual Arts. They rarely talk to each other as he was the nerd and shy type of boy. Secretly, they will steal glances at each other which could bring happiness in both their hearts.

 

That morning, just like a typical evening drama, the girl was harassed by a gang of thugs while walking to the school. Then, as cliché as it sounds, the boy saved her from the harassment.

 

He didn’t fight though. Heck no, he wouldn’t even dare. The thugs were ten times bigger than him so he just grabs her hands and make a run out of it. They were headed to the school and the thugs vigorously chased after them. The other students who were on their way to the school too looked past them weirdly but the boy didn’t have a care in the world. In his mind, he just wanted to save the girl from any danger.

 

Upon reaching the school compound, the boy led the girl to the secret spot that he and his best friends always hang out in the back building.

 

They knew that the thugs chased after them but they probably won’t be able to make it into the school compound since it is an elite school and the guards wouldn’t let them in easily just by looking at their appearance.

 

“Errr, why didn’t we go straight to the class?” The girl asked with a soft tone.

 

The boy didn’t budge neither did he tried to answer the girl’s question as he leaned on the wall trying to catch his breath. The girl patiently waited for his answer while catching her breath too. She is an athlete but running like that can make her exhaust too.

 

Once they had calmed down, the girl initiated to detach their glued hands but got the boy tightened his grip instead. The innocent girl was left speechless there. She wanted to say something but nothing would come out of . Then, that feeling came again. The fluttering feeling inside her heart. Her stomach started doing flip-flop and she felt uncomfortable.

 

In the end, she took the courage to ask again but in a stuttering voice, “Erm, do you mind?” She pointed to their hands and the boy just glance like nothing is wrong with it. Then, he slid down the wall to sit and brought the girl along. He didn’t know what has gotten into him right now. He should go to their Visual Arts class now. He is a geek and nerd after all but his handsome visual was hidden behind those glasses and thick books. But in the school, he didn’t socializes with the nerd group instead he had a group of himself like what you call them in Korea –kingka-. He belongs to that group. All of his friends are players, playing with girl’s hearts is fun for them but not for him. He never joins them when they go hang out with those girls, only when by themselves.

 

Suddenly, he turned his body and face to face with the fragile girl. The girl looked so shocked that she wanted to run away right now. Without a word, the boy leaned in and places a quick peck on the girl’s small lips.

 

To be honest, it’s a first for both of them and the girl ended up placing her hand on her lips, unable to accept that she just got kissed by someone she has a crush on. The boy on the other side is scolding himself mentally for what he just done. Looks like his body and mind is not working together today.

 

“What…. was that?” The girl asked.

 

“I like you.” For the first time, she heard his voice. His manly voice that she’s been longing to hear since forever. They had once talked, no, discussed with each other about a group work they were assigned together. That also was the girl’s doing as she faked to not understand the problem and take a brave step to ask the boy. Luckily, she didn’t get rejected but instead they had a quite sweet discussion. After that, she didn’t hear his voice anymore as he was not so loud and outgoing unlike his best friends.

 

“I……”

 

“I know you like me too, right?” The boy’s straightforward statement left the girl speechless. Instead, she just hung her head in embarrassment and smiled discreetly.

 

“Alright, let’s go.” He tugged her hand in his and brought her up, smiling satisfiedly at the girl’s response. They walked together, hand in hand, foot in sync, no words said until they reached the classroom.

 

Luckily, the teacher is not there, sick maybe and there’s no substitute so they have free time. Even though it is a top class, they still have mouths you know. So, the atmosphere is in chaos. The boys are playing at the back, the girls gossiping, the nerds studying but still have their mouths working too so yeah you can imagine how.

 

“THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!!” A member of the class shouted out loud appointing to the just now united couple. Everyone’s attentions were di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter