070. Simba.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin sent a text to Suga asking where the boy was but didn't get a reply. Hoseok sent one to Jungkook asking him to come but he too, didn't get a reply.

 

Jimin checked the time on his phone a while later. "Eommeonim, the kids finish school now right?"

 

"Ah yes," Jiwoo stood up but her gaze went back to Taehyung.

 

"Eommeonim few of us will stay here. Don't worry." Namjoon said. "-Jimin-ah, go with eommeonim to pick the kids up."

 

"We'll stay." Jin agreed. "-please take care on the way."

 

Jiwoo nodded thankfully. "I leave my Taehyung-ah in your care." She bowed a little and they all bowed back.

 

Before Jiwoo left, she saw Yujin leaning against the wall. "Honey, he's okay now." she told Yujin. "-thank you for helping him."

 

Yujin stiffly nodded.

 

Jimin went next to the sleeping Taehyung and pulled the covers higher. "Yah, bastard. Wake up faster okay? Stop making everyone worry about your sorry !" he snapped, causing the rest to laugh. "-hyung, I'll go ahead first."

 

Jiwoo left, with Jimin trailing behind her. When the door clicked shut, Yujin's knees bucked and she slid down the wall into a squatting position with her face buried between her forearms. She in a huge breath and breathed it out.

 

"Yah, are you.. okay??" Hoseok crouched down to her level.

 

"Leave me alone." her voice came out steadily, without a hint of the weak person she looked like a minute ago.

 

Jin went over and got Hoseok to stand up. "Kang Yujin, you're okay now right?"

 

"Yes. Let me sort out my thoughts." Yujin said through her arms.

 

The door opened and Suga poked his head in. "Oh. Correct room. Oh . How's he?" He went straight to Taehyung's bedside.

 

"Broken leg, dislocated shoulder, broken rib, bruises to his face and his abdomen was bleeding." Jin said softly. "-Yujin found him."

 

Suga turned and saw Yujin crouched against the wall. He walked and sat down next to her. Softly, he used his arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm.

 

There was one thing Jin noticed. Namjoon and Hoseok looked fine with it. Even though there was nothing wrong with Suga and Yujin, the picture of two 'guy friends' acting like that, should at least raise some eyebrows. They were probably used to Suga and Yujin's close friendship.

 

Namjoon's phone started ringing. He widened his eyes and quickly stopped the ringing and put the phone next to his ear.

 

"Hello??" he whispered. "-hyung? No! I'm in the hospital- I'm fine!! It's Taehyungie. Yeah he's fine. Okay, okay I'll go now!"

 

He hung up and looked at everyone. "-I gotta go. My brother called."

 

"Go ahead we'll stay back." Suga said. "-I have nothing to do after this."

 

Hoseok stood up. "I'll go with you. I have to leave too." he told Namjoon and bent down in front of Yujin who continued leaning on Suga and didn't bother looking up. He punched her arm lightly. "-dude, I'll be leaving. See ya tomorrow?"

 

Yujin breathed out shortly and nodded.

 

"I'll come by later after dinner to check up on him." Namjoon informed Suga. "-we can rotate so eommeonim doesn't need to come by so often. She has to take care of the kids too."

 

"Yeah. We'll message each other." Suga nodded.

 

Both Namjoon and Hoseok left. Jin also left shortly later when his father's assistant came looking for him, leaving both Suga and Yujin still leaning against the wall, sitting on the floor, watching Taehyung.

 

The only sound breaking the silence was the constant beeping of the machine. Yujin eventually sighed.

 

"On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being okay and 10 being absolutely , how bad was he when you found him?" Suga asked as they both stared at the boy on the hospital bed.

 

"100." Yujin said and Suga widened his eyes at her. "-I thought he was going to die."

 

"Okay, okay.." Suga pulled her closer and gave her an assuring hug. "-it's been hard on you."

 

Suga heard a muffled scoff, or what could have been a scoff.

 

"Don't say things like that." Yujin mumbled. "-cheesy."

 

Suga chuckled and pushed up his glasses. "I'm my father's son."

 

"Finally admitted you're cheesy." Yujin pushed herself away and leaned back onto the wall. She in a breath and let it out as she looked at Taehyung. "-I'm gonna find out who did it. When I do, I'm gonna make sure they pay."

 

"Are you gonna start a fight?" Suga asked worriedly.

 

"That'll depend on their excuse for doing this." Yujin said and stood up. She walked over next to the bed. "-do you think he'll wake up any time soon?"

 

Suga could only shrug.

 

***

 

Yujin sat on the chair next to Taehyung's bed. There was a pin hanging off his bed. It didn't seem like an important part of the bed so she kept lifting it up with her feet and releasing it. She at least needed something to keep herself occupied or she might go mad waiting in the seemingly sound proof room with the consistent beeping that was echoing around.

 

"Doctor said he should be waking up soon." Suga said when he came back into the room.

 

"Where did you go?"

 

"Toilet. Then I bumped into the doctor." Suga said and sat on the other chair.

 

Both of them continued staying around silently.

 

Yujin started to notice the irregular sounds from the monitor next to Taehyung's bed. She looked at the boy and stood up.

 

"Yah, is he waking up?" she asked. "-or is this some medical complication??!!"

 

As Yujin was about to freak out, she saw his eyes move under his eyelids and Suga pointed at Taehyung's fingers.

 

"He moved!"

 

Yujin slammed the button to call a doctor and less than a minute later, a team came in just as Taehyung opened his eyes. He looked completely out of it as Yujin and Suga was ushered out of the room.

 

Yujin walked around outside impatiently and Suga created a group message to inform everyone easily.

 

SUGA:: Taehyung woke up. The doctors are checking up on him now. I'll tell more when we get to go back in.

 

 

Yujin didn't hear her phone ring the first time. Not until the same ringing tone persisted a few more times.

 

She saw the message Suga sent along with the replies from the others. She left the replying to Suga and put her phone back down.

 

After a while, the doctor and nurses came back out.

 

"You're his friends right?" the doctor asked. "-your friend is alright now. He might be still in a blur but he's fine now."

 

Yujin breathed out in relief and bowed casually.

 

"Thank you so much." Suga bowed a full 90 degrees and pushed his glasses back up.

 

They went into the room and quietly shut the door. Taehyung was laying stiffly on the bed. His eyes were opened and he was staring blankly up to the ceiling.

 

Yujin sat down at the chair against the wall instead of going to him. Suga went instead.

 

"Taehyung-ah, how're you feeling?"

 

There was no response from the boy other than from his eyes that moved towards Suga blankly.

 

"-never mind, just rest for now."

 

"You know.." Taehyung croaked. A faint smirk appeared on his lips. "-why- why.. People have nose?"

 

Yujin raised a brow. "What?"

 

"No.. Suga..hyung? No, why- why 'hyung'?" Taehyung slurred.

 

"Ah what, you wanna call me 'eonni'?" Suga asked, slightly amused. Even Yujin came over in interest.

 

"Ahk-!" Taehyung said when he saw Yujin. "-my herooo-k-!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter