004. Transfer.. WHAT?!

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why is it every time you come back, your uniform is all wrinkled up??” Suga demanded to know.

 

“BH problems.” Yujin shrugged.

 

“Jinie, are you fighting with guys?” Suga exclaimed.

 

Oh is she in so much now that he finally asked.

 

“Uhh well.. BH.. problems...?” she trailed off before looking back at Suga.

 

“Yujin. Seriously.”

 

“Well, okay! Yes! Since the FIRST day I started school alright? Those brats won't leave me alone and-”

 

“You're transferring to my school.” Suga decided.

 

“Look! Transferring to your school makes no difference! Those brats from your school hate me as much okay? It's easier handling the guys from my school. There are only four idiots who'd mess with me. The rest leaves me alone!”

 

“Fou- ack!” Suga choked on his water.

 

“It's nothing compared to your whole school!”

 

Suga sighed and looked at her. He cupped her cheeks and lifted it so that he met her eyes. He squeezed it and laughed at her face.

 

“Yah.” she said.

 

“Just don't get hurt okay?” Suga said.

 

“Oof cush hoo du'u ffhink aiyam?” Yujin frowned. “-ehmegoo!!”

 

Suga laughed and released her. “Don't get involved with anyone from JYP. The kids there are very.. extreme.”

 

“You're one of them.”

 

“I'm not that extreme.” Suga said.

 

“Yeah right.” Yujin stuck her tongue out and ran away.

 

“Hey you! Brat! Come back here! Shortie!!” Suga laughed and chased her.

 

Even though Suga seemed to have let it go so easily, in actual fact, he didn't believe anything she said.

 

Yujin? Fighting? Hah.. what are the chances.. this kid..

 

***

 

Another day.

 

Yujin headed to her lockers and opened it. This time she didn't bother trying the locks and just punched it at the right place for it to open since Taehyung already messed up the lock.

 

“Oppa!”

 

What did they do again!!

 

Someone from her class came to her. “We were called to the assembly area. Emergency meeting. Seems important.”

 

“'We'?”

 

“Everyone.” she corrected herself before she scurried away.

 

“Huh. No wonder there isn't anyone in the hallways.”

 

Yujin walked to the open air assembly area and joined her class.

 

The headmaster took the mic. “Stude-@#$%&!”

 

The sound system gave way.

 

Yay.

 

He shook his head and put it away and resorted to using his own voice.

 

“Students! Can you hear me???”

 

Everyone gradually fell silent... some five minutes later...

 

“I have a very important announcement to make.”

 

Yujin looked around aimlessly and spotted Jungkook two rows away. She widened her eyes.

 

Heol. What did that idiot do?

 

Jungkook had a big bandage around his forehead and if Yujin hadn't looked twice, she would've missed his bruised left eye covered by his hair.

 

Now she was curious.

 

She bent forward and backwards to look for Taehyung who should be in the same class as Jungkook. He too, had bruises and wounds and bandages on his face, but it didn't look as bad as Jungkook's.

 

Yujin turned the other way and spotted Namjoon and Jimin as equally wounded.

 

Crazy. What did they do? Fought with the Mafia?

 

“Students, starting from next week, I'm so sorry to inform you all that our school.. will be closed down. For good.”

 

Yujin snapped her head towards the headmaster.

 

“WHAT?!” everyone shouted in unison.

 

“Wait! Let me finish!!” their headmaster yelled but no one listened.

 

It went on for a while and the headmaster's voice wasn't loud enough for anyone to hear with the volume of almost a hundred students in turmoil.

 

Yujin's nerve cracked.

 

“YAHHHH!!!!!” she shouted.

 

Those around her heard her and started nudging those around them to shut up and everyone eventually fell silent again.

 

“Thank you.” the headmaster nodded to her. “-as I was saying, we'll be closed for good, BUT, you won't be drop outs, you'll all be transferring.”

 

“Transferring?” someone asked. “-where to?”

 

“Yes, you all have been given the opportunity to continue studying in JYP.”

 

There was a moment of complete silence on both sides.

 

“WHAT THE HECK?!” Taehyung shouted. He was the only one who shouted this time. No one else dared say a word for now. Not after Yujin yelled. Everyone was too shocked at the sudden news to utter a single word anyway.

 

Yujin was completely out of it.

 

“As most of you SHOULD know, our school has been low on funds and the environment is not suitable at all for studying. The board of administration of JYP has generously offered all of you a place in JYP to continue your studies in their school. Tuition fees will not be a problem as they have offered it to you all, for free.”

 

Yujin narrowed her eyes at him.

 

Free?

 

“Everything has been settled so enjoy your last few moments in BH before you head on to a new school environment,” the headmaster explained. “-of course, when you move there, you are expected to study a little harder, so please put in more effort. I know you can do it. Each one of you.”

 

“Old man! Are you serious?!”

 

“JYP?! They have a problem with us!”

 

“It's not like you don't know what kind of people they are!!”

 

“Old man!!”

 

“Come on!! I'd rather drop out of high school!!”

 

“I'd rather die!!”

 

It broke the headmaster's heart to see his students like this but it was for their own good. He knew that if they continued here, their future would just lead to a dead end. Not many universities and colleges would accept students who graduated from BH.

 

At least, there was someone he knew who could round them up if anything were to happen in JYP.

 

He looked straight towards Yujin's direction.

 

She was baffled at the news. Nothing made sense to her at all and she didn't bother hiding that on her face.

 

Assuming that the assembly was over when she looked towards the headmaster, she got up and walked away.

 

Kang Yujin, I place the responsibility of all these children into your hands. You may be a delinquent like them but I know you have a good heart.

 

***

 

“There's no way they'd give us such big of an offer!”

 

“I know!!”

 

“People ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter