069. A Bloody Affair.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch went by just like that. No more words were spoken. The only things done were food being transferred into stomachs and glances being cast between the boys. All of them towards Jungkook, and some small glanced by Jimin to Yujin.

 

Taehyung didn't appear.

 

"I'm gonna look for Taehyu-"

 

Suga got pushed back down to his chair by Yujin. "I'll go."

 

Yujin put her plates into the buckets and exited the cafeteria. Jungkook did see how her steps were rushed.

 

Taking her phone out of her pocket, she didn't hesitate to press the dial icon under Taehyung's name. After too many rings, Yujin's stomach churned uncomfortably and she started running.

 

She stopped when the call entered the voice-mail box. Yujin opened the BH website and posted anonymously

 

:: has anyone seen Kim Taehyung??

 

"Kang Yujin why are you freaking out?" Yujin muttered to herself as she shook her phone against her hand. When her post got no reply, she started running again.

 

She ran pass the empty school hall, into the locker hall, up into the library, pass their own class. Even so, there was no signs of Kim Taehyung. She didn't have enough energy to be running any more after going around the whole school once.

 

Yujin checked the time on her phone. There was seven more minutes till class started. Just to be sure, she checked their website again.

 

:: to whoever who's looking for Taehyung, I saw him follow a few JYP students towards the back of the school in the direction of the park earlier.

 

 

Without typing in a reply or a thanks, Yujin sprinted off to the said location. She reached the place where she often hung out in the tree. It was the most secluded area near the park behind the school.

 

"Kim Taehyung!" she shouted as she walked around, breathless, but eyes still sharp. "-yah, Kim Taehyung are you here?!"

 

Yujin frustratedly breathed out and sat on the ground. She reached her limit. Her stamina ran out, running around like that without preparation.

 

A timely cold autumn breeze blew pass and she tried to regain her energy as fast as she could. Meanwhile, she refreshed the website again and again to see if anyone else replied.

 

A small cough sounded a distance away, but Yujin caught it. She instantly stood up.

 

"Kim Taehyung??"

 

There was another grunt and Yujin could roughly pinpoint where the sound came from. She turned the corner and when the third sound came in the form of a cough, she saw the gap between the bushes against the wall. There was a depression on the wall, part of the design, enough to fit a leaning person on it.

 

Taehyung was sitting there on the ground, bloody and bruised.

 

***

 

"!" Yujin rushed to him. "-yah! Are you dead?!"

 

Taehyung grunted again and shifted his head with a frown. Yujin examined his wounds quickly. His face was bruising off at different places – around his left eye, next to the right corner of his mouth where some blood had been trickling out, a few cuts on the bridge of his nose which was bleeding and bruising. His uniform was torn and by the way he was clutching his stomach helplessly, Yujin knew he had received some severe blows there too.

 

Temporarily ignoring the rage building in her, she shook Taehyung carefully.

 

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, don't close your eyes!" she yelled. "-I'm gonna get you help so don't fall asleep!!"

 

Taehyung attempted to smirk despite the pain and dizziness. Through half opened eyes, he managed to sound his smirk.

 

"-yeah, smirk all you want, just hang in there." Yujin said and pulled him up.

 

Even though she had been gentle with that, Taehyung still let out a yell and held onto his stomach. Yujin shouted at him to stay awake again before heaving him up onto her back, with a lot of coaxing from her to ask him to get on with his own efforts as well.

 

Once he was on her back, Yujin told him to hang on and with whatever energy she had left, she ran towards the clinic.

 

 

Suga offered to walk with Jungkook to his class since it was on the way. It was just an excuse to make sure he was fine. Suga was getting irritated because wherever he went, people were giving him looks, trying to approach him, just because he was heir to the Min's household.

 

"Low lives.." Jungkook muttered.

 

"Huh?"

 

"When they don't know who we are, they ignore us. Now they know, they wanna up to us." Jungkook said. "-how do you handle this?"

 

Suga breathed in and out with a laugh. "I never had this problem before, but now.. I guess I'll just ignore them. I'll just keep my friends close."

 

"And your enemies closer?"

 

"No.. That's not right." Suga said. "-why would I wanna keep my enemies closer??"

 

"So that its easier to kill them off when the right time comes." Jungkook replied and looked at Suga. "-isn't that how it should be?"

 

Suga tilted his head from side to side, scrunching his nose to keep his glasses in place. "Depends."

 

"On what?"

 

"Whether or not you wanna think that way."

 

Jungkook remained silent so Suga continued on.

 

"-to kill them off or not, it's not our call to make. One thing my sister taught me, is that the people who have a little and think they have a lot would be the ones who make the most noise. These people will naturally die off on their own. We know what we have. We keep those things close to us. Our family, our friends."

 

Suga looked at Jungkook for a response but there was none.

 

"-I have all of you guys as friends. That's all I bother about. Those people can bug me all they want, but they're just playing their own game."

 

They reached Jungkook's classroom. "-see you after school." Suga waved and left.

 

Jungkook entered the classroom and paused for a while when all his classmates stared at him. Choosing to ignore them, he went to his seat and threw his bag on his desk.

 

His eyes travelled to Taehyung's empty seat and then to Yujin's seat.

 

Forget it Jeon Jungkook. You don't care.

 

Yes you do.

 

Shut up.

 

….

 

From the corner of his eye, Jungkook noticed a girl sitting in front flinched while reading something off her phone. She spun around in his direction before looking up at him. It was the same girl who requested their teacher to carry on with class to prevent Jungkook and Yujin from fighting the day before.

 

Jungkook didn't think too much about her and looked elsewhere. The girl, however, stood up and went to him.

 

"J-Jungkook-ssi, you should go.. to the clinic."

 

The cold look Jungkook gave the girl was hidden from her gaze when she held up her phone in front of her. On her screen it showed the JYP website, with a photo attached to the most recent post.

 

It was a blur photo of Yujin carrying a bloody Taehyung on her back. The bloody part was too blur but there were red blotches on Taehyung in the picture where there shouldn't be. The most logical thing to assume is that it was blood.

 

"Why should I?" Jungkook asked.

 

The girl took her phone away to reveal the look of disbelief on her face. "Aren't they your friends??"

 

"Who ever said that?" Jungkook asked with an intimidating voice.

 

"You're talking a lot to Yujin-ssi now and you used to hang out with them a lot." the girl said boldly. Some of their classmates were asking her to go back to her seat in hushed voices but she didn't listen to them.

 

"It's none of your business."

 

"It's not, but its yours, and it irks me how nonchalant you are towards your friends."

 

Jungkook slammed his hand on his table and stood up, grabbing the girl's uniform harshly. "You're getting on my nerves."

 

"Surely I'm not as annoying as Park Yebin, am I?" she challenged him although no one noticed how her hands trembled by her side.

 

Jungkook was temporarily speechless at the random mention of Yebin. The girl pried his hands off her uniform and he noted how her hands were shaking.

 

"I'm not as rich as you all, I'm not an heiress to anything. I'm just a daughter of a secretary. Still, at least I know how to treasure whatever real friends I have and not throw them away when everyone knows who my family is."

 

This time Jungkook snapped and reached out his hand and grabbed her neck.

 

"Leave me alone before you regret it." Jungkook growled.

 

A few guys came over immediately and seized Jungkook's hand. "Let the girl go. Are you gonna hit a girl too??"

 

Jungkook let go of the girl and shoved the boy away. "What is that to you?"

 

"She's our classmate, and she's a girl."

 

"Should I punch you instead?" Jungkook smirked and turned to face the boy.

 

The front door slammed open. Everyone had a confused face on when they saw who it was.

 

"Jung Daehyun, what're you doing here?" Someone asked.

 

"Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung got sent to the hospital."

 

***

 

Murmuring erupted among their classmates, wondering what exactly happened and how serious it was for him to be sent to the hospital. One more thing. Why was Jung Daehyun the one delivering the news to Jungkook?

 

"So what?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter