068. Pushing Away.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well?" Suga asked when two of them came down for breakfast the next day. "-I came back to an intact house and there are no signs of havoc. I assume you guys talked it out?"

 

Yujin groaned. "Oh please, don't start sounding like Jin hyung."

 

"I don't see the problem with that." Jungkook said.

 

"Oh shut it." Yujin grabbed the butter from across the table.

 

Suga smiled at their interaction and for once, he really did feel like Jin.

 

Three of them walked to school together. Suga went straight to the library to 'nerd out' as Yujin put it, and Yujin and Jungkook went to their own lockers.

 

Taehyung was there with his bag at his own locker. Jungkook walked pass him, not even recognising his presence. Taehyung bit his lip but didn't say anything. For Jungkook, just because he became 'official friends' with Yujin, he was still firm in his stance that he was doing it for the benefit of using someone of her status. He was unyielding in his whole 'push the other three away to prevent them from getting into my ' act.

 

After Jungkook passed them by, Taehyung went to Yujin. He had seen them come to school with Suga and while Suga and Yujin were laughing, Jungkook was smiling very slightly next to them.

 

"Hey what happened last night?" he asked.

 

"What?" Yujin asked back.

 

"You- Suga hyung-.. Jungkook?"

 

"Nothing happened."

 

Taehyung scrunched his nose. "Impossible. after the fight in the morning and drama during break you can't just come to school together with Suga hyung and Jungkook and say nothing happened!"

 

"We're friends now." Yujin shrugged.

 

"That is the weirdest thing I've heard all my life." Taehyung said. "-I don't believe you."

 

"Too bad then." Yujin smirked and walked away.

 

"Oh.... Jiminie you've got competition.." Taehyung breathed out with a laugh.

 

Jungkook was seated at his own seat when Yujin went into class. Their classmates held their breaths when Yujin walked pass Taehyung's seat and headed to the back. All of them were on the edge of their seats, especially those around the back.

 

Yujin crashed onto her seat noisily and dumped her bag onto her table. She saw everyone staring.

 

"WHAT??"

 

They all turned back to the front. Jungkook smirked a little because of the confused faces of the JYP students. They couldn't understand it. Both of them intended to keep it that way, but Taehyung-loud-mouth won't let it slide.

 

He came into the class and seeing them both sitting at the back, he went to them and took the empty seat in front of Yujin.

 

"Yah, what is this?? You both fought yesterday and then today you're fine??" he asked. "-what???"

 

"Why?" Yujin put on Taehyung's signature smug look on her face and bent forward on her table. "-jealous?"

 

Taehyung scooted back with a frown. "Who wants to be friends with you?"

 

Yujin smirked and leaned back. She folded her arms in front of her and cocked and eyebrow as she gestured towards Jungkook with her head, telling him that Jungkook did made friends with her. Taehyung made a childish frown at Jungkook before he snorted and went back to his seat.

 

"I told Suga hyung they'll hate me after that." Jungkook mumbled.

 

Yujin let out a loud groan as she leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling. Most of their classmates looked her way, especially Taehyung, but they all turned back before she straightened herself.

 

The teacher came in and everyone got out their books. Halfway through the class, a crushed paper landed on Jungkook's table as he was zoning out. He saw it and opened it.

 

What does that supposed to mean? Hate you? Get annoyed at your unresponsiveness, yes! But hate you? What is wrong with your head?

 

Jungkook flipped the paper over and scribbled his reply and threw it back.

 

Heir to the Jeon family, a filthy rich kid who just turned their friendship down

 

Yujin rolled her eyes and tore another piece of paper to reply.

 

It takes both sides to agree before a friendship is broken. . His royal moodiness, the pretty boy idiot ..

 

Jungkook made a displeased face and scribbled his reply down but as he was throwing it over, their teacher caught him in the act.

 

"Jeon Jungkook-ssi, is my classes a joke to you?" he asked.

 

"Your mere existence is a joke." Jungkook retorted before he processed what he just said in his mind.

 

There were gasps and Taehyung was one of the few that spun around in shock. This teacher wasn't one that put up with being disrespected.

 

 

 

"Screw you. Look what you got us in to." Yujin grumbled. "-this is tiring."

 

"It's your fault. You started it." Jungkook adjusted his hands.

 

"In the middle of the hallways too." Yujin continued complaining.

 

"Why? Embarrassed?" Jungkook smirked. "-the almighty Kang Yujin is embarrassed?"

 

Yujin put down her hands and glanced at him. "You wish."

 

"Yah, what're you doing??"

 

"What? Since when did a delinquent like myself listen to orders from teachers?" Yujin retorted.

 

Jungkook ignored her and continued holding his hands above his head. After the teacher saw them passing notes, more so, throwing notes at each other, he had sent them out of the class to stand with their hands a over their heads as punishment.

 

Kang Yujin decided to just leave the place.

 

Then Jungkook remembered something and put down his hands. "Yah, since WHEN did you ever disobeyed a teacher in BH?"

 

Yujin smirked and turned back to face him. "So you do observe well."

 

Jungkook was confused when Yujin came back next to him and lifted her hands above her head. He didn't ask why and did the same.

 

"-I prefer the pretty boy idiot who doesn't talk better. You talking so much is so weird." Yujin noted but didn't get a reply.

 

Few students who passed by over the course of the next hour to the toilet saw them and whispered among themselves. Jungkook and Yujin both shot them dirty looks to avert their eyes and it worked, but that didn't stop them from updating their respective websites.

 

To pass time, Yujin started doing all sorts of random things to keep herself occupied. Random things included walking up and down the hallways with her hands still above her head, stepping on Jungkook's shoes (he glared at her but did nothing else), shoving him when she walked pass him resulting in some collar-grabbing action before Jungkook decided to ignore her.

 

The bell eventually rang and Yujin scooted back to her original spot and resumed her hand above head pose. Their teacher came out and when he saw them still there, he had a triumphant look on his face as if he achieved something. He did think that he managed to punish BH's two worst students – attitude wise – and was proud of himself.

 

"I'm sure I won't be seeing any more note tossing in class next time if you don't want to stand out here suffering." he told them.

 

Jungkook snorted with a smirk and looked sideways. That apparently gave the teacher a little more cheek to exert his 'rights' as a teacher. He used his long ruler to poke Jungkook's shoulder and moved his head to face him.

 

Jungkook glared at the teacher for doing that.

 

"Jeon Jungkook-ssi, what attitude is that, hm?" the teacher demanded.

 

Some students on their way to their next class slowed down to see what was happening and Yujin and Jungkook's classmates were all around the door peaking out. Taehyung was standing in the middle of the hallway, having the best view.

 

The teacher kept jabbing his wooden ruler at Jungkook until the boy lost his temper and grabbed the ruler tightly to stop him. The teacher looked flabbergasted at his action.

 

"Jeon Jung-"

 

"Yah," Jungkook instigated him.

 

The teacher couldn't believe his ears and pushed his glasses upwards. "'Y-yah'?!"

 

Jungkook merely smirked. "Don't you know who I am? I guess only the students are well informed about these things huh."

 

"Student!" the man raised his voice and tried taking back his ruler but Jungkook's grip was firm.

 

Yujin already had her hands in her pockets after swinging her arms round a few times to ease the non-existent ache. She was leaning on the wall next to Jungkook, watching the situation unfold right next to her. Taehyung saw that and he mentally laughed at how much she didn't care. If she could have popcorn, Taehyung knew she would take it.

 

Jungkook stared right into the teacher's eyes with a taunting smile. "Wanna know a secret?" he asked. "-I may be wearing the blue striped blazer, but I'm the heir to the Jeon Family. I'm sure you've heard of them right?"

 

The teacher's gaze faltered a little. "J-Jeon? As in.. THAT Jeon?"

 

Jungkook raised his brows and gave him a nod.

 

"That's-"

 

"Impossible?" Yujin asked instead. "-you can always check it out." She pushed herself up. "-whatever, I'm going back in."

 

Yujin paused and looked at the teacher. "-I don't wanna be late for my next class. Yah Jeon Jungkook, you're not coming?"

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes but smirked nevertheless. "What are you? My girlfriend?"

 

"G-g-girlfriend??!!" the teacher exclaimed and looked at Yujin because she was 'a guy'.

 

"Ahh.. Seriously.." Taehyung exclaimed and ruffled the back of his hair and walked towards the teacher. Jungkook eyed him from the side without saying anything. "-it was sarcasm. Sarcasm, oh?" Taehyung put a hand on the teacher's shoulder. "-don't take it too seriously. The damned shortie doesn't have a boy's physique after all."

 

Taehyung showed his toothy grin to the speechless teacher before re-entering the class. Jungkook released the ruler and walked in without a bow or a greeting.

 

Yujin smirked at Taehyung. "Someone's getting braver these days." she noted.

 

Taehyung gave her a smug look before Yujin dropped her smirk. "-but what was that? I don't have a boy's physique?"

 

The boy gulped. "W-wai-wait, th-that-"

 

He was interrupted when Jungkook walked pass him without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter