064. The Den.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin had been sitting down on the wooden bench in the garden. There were lights along the walkway enough to light up the path and the bench.

 

She missed the feeling of sitting down here in the middle of the night when everyone else in the mansion was asleep. She loved the serenity in the night.

 

In this case, it wasn't serene due to the gala happening in the ballroom, but it wasn't too bad because the West Wing wasn't very near the bench she was sitting on.

 

She sensed someone's presence and turned around.

 

It was Taehyung, and he got surprised at her abrupt turn.

 

He let out a guilty laugh. "Sorry. I got curious about the rest of your.. house after coming out from the washroom and saw you here." he said. "-can I join you?"

 

"Sure." Yujin said without shifting because the bench was long enough to fit four people.

 

Taehyung smiled and sat down, leaving a person's width of space empty between them. Courtesy space.

 

Now Yujin was interested in this new side of Kim Taehyung she's never seen before. She's seen the gangster Taehyung, the playful Taehyung, the scare-dy cat Taehyung and actor-Tae who puts up a brave front when he was scared, but the Taehyung right then was new. He was more toned down and very close to being a high class young lad.

 

"So.." Taehyung broke the silence before it turned awkward. "-you're Suga hyung's sister."

 

"Yes I am."

 

"Uhh.." Taehyung scratched the back of his neck. "-oh. This, thanks for helping us. With the.. clothes and hair.. That.. Yeah."

 

Yujin covered and breathed out a short laugh. "It's fine."

 

"Should we return this though? I can wash it before I return it!" he offered.

 

The girl shook her head while looking at him. "Keep it. Treat it.. as a gift for being good friends with Yoongi oppa." she said, remembering that Kim Taehyung had YET to return Suga's blazer she lent to him after his whole ordeal of hating vegetables and coming back to class with wet uniform.

 

"-and don't wash it in the washing machine, it's supposed to be dry-cleaned."

 

"Right. Dry.. Uhm.." Taehyung frowned and looked at her again for help. "-..dry what?"

 

Yujin genuinely found the child-gentleman Taehyung amusing and laughed again. "Dry clean. How do you even wash your school uniform?"

 

Taehyung showed off his pearly whites as he grinned. "My mum does it."

 

There was a slight drop in Yujin's expression, but maybe it's the dim lighting, or maybe Taehyung was naturally unobservant, he didn't notice it.

 

"..is that so?" Yujin said softly and mentally slapped herself out of it.

 

"Oh! You're Suga hyung's sister right?" he asked again.

 

"Yes..? I think we established that fact a few hours ago..?"

 

"That means, you attend JYP as well?"

 

Yujin pursed her lips with a smile and shrugged playfully. "Who knows?"

 

"But I've never seen you before?" the boy tilted his head.

 

"It's not easy to find me." she replied.

 

Taehyung and her shared a short laughter together. He breathed in and rubbed his nose.

 

"But still.. Thanks for covering for us." he said. "-I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but that Choi Junhong really.. I have no idea what's wrong with him. In school, he doesn't appear often, but he pops out of nowhere and drops bombs all around.."

 

Yujin looked at Taehyung curiously. "How so?"

 

"You attend JYP – I'm pretty sure you do – you should understand. He seldom hangs around Daehyun but.." Taehyung trailed off and looked like he got lost in deep thought as his eyebrows knitted together.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I just realised. This isn't the first time he's causing trouble out of no where." Taehyung said.

 

"Is it not?"

 

"Remember the time when we got accused of cheating? I'm pretty sure you attend JYP so you should know. When all the BH students got notes from the dam- I mean, Kang Yujin?"

 

Yujin wanted to laugh at him correcting himself but held it in since the boy looked really serious.

 

"-I don't know if you have the same break as us, but when Daehyun was accusing us, okay accusing me, of being the mastermind behind the cheating, Choi Junhong appeared there. I think that's the first time.."

 

Now that he mentioned it, that boy was the one..

 

"-he kept pushing me until I freaked out and told them it was Kang Yujin's handwriting. Even after that, he kept insisting that Kang Yujin admit to the cheating.." Taehyung said it as if he just realised what Junhong did. "-wahhh seriously.."

 

Yujin was silent. Once was enough, and he was just taking the opportunity to 'get rid' of them. It was understandable. Daehyun did it too. However, now that Zelo deliberately stirred up trouble (which she managed to put under control,) Yujin made a mental note to look out for that boy.

 

"I know, I was there." Yujin calmly said. "-even so, I couldn't have done anything."

 

"Oh you don't have to," Taehyung shook his hands. "-you already helped with today. That's more than necessary. We barely know each other too.."

 

Silence followed after that and Taehyung was wrecking his brain to think of something to say.

 

"You danced quite well." Yujin said, sensing his trouble of keeping the conversation going on his own.

 

"Huh? Oh.. Really?" he laughed. "-it's been a while since I danced."

 

"You dance?"

 

"Oh. Mum used to teach us when we were kids." he explained. "-just for fun."

 

"Yeah.." Yujin muttered with a small smile.

 

"Hm?" Taehyung asked.

 

"Oh. Uhm. Nothing." Yujin quickly said. "-uhh I think we're out too long. Let's go back in."

 

"Sure." Taehyung immediately stood up and stuck out his elbow.

 

Yujin chuckled and slipped her hand through his arm. They entered the ballroom again and joined the table.

 

Jungkook was still there and he was obviously uncomfortable seeing Yujin again. In this case, Jina.

 

"I brought Cinderella back!" Taehyung joked.

 

"Pfft. There you are." Jin said. "-we were wondering if you got lost inside the washroom."

 

"We were talking outside." Yujin smiled, noticing Jungkook whose mood turned sour at her appearance. She'd rather not be there so that he at least had a place to be comfortable, but the gala was ending, she had to be around.

 

Suga's curiosity about the relationship between Yujin and Jungkook was growing so badly he had to pinch his own hand to stop himself from asking.

 

Everyone was curious, but no questions were asked. They didn't want to ruin the mood any further, they knew Jungkook was already uncomfortable with his family so chasing him away with questions was bad, they also didn't want to disrespect the 'Young Miss' in any way.

 

 

The gala soon ended and Jin offered to send the three boys home, much to Taehyung excitement because he got to sit in the limousine again.

 

Yebin approached them one last time for the night because her parents were adamant in talking to Yujin. Yujin kept her replies short but polite, hinting that she wasn't keen on speaking so much since she barely knew them. They were Junho and Jiyoong's friends, not hers, not Suga's.

 

Zelo didn't have any sort of communication with the rest of them, other than getting pulled out by Yongguk once the gala was over. Daehyun bowed a little to acknowledge Suga and Yujin and both of them nodded back.

 

Jungkook didn't return with is family. Yujin noticed that because Mr Jeon was greeting Junho, Jiyoong, Suga and herself one last time with his wife and daughter without Jungkook before they left the ballroom. Jungkook was still at the table at that time.

 

Once most of the guest were gone, before Jungkook got up to leave, Yujin decided it was an appropriate time for her to leave. She excused herself to her room, not before whispering to Suga.

 

"Questions after I come back later." she said.

 

Suga was puzzled. "Where are you-"

 

"Back. Cover for me if needed, owe you one." Yujin said and hurried off in the most high class manner, but once she was away from the West Wing, she tore off her high heels and lifted the long skirt up to her knees and started running to her room.

 

The maids and butlers weren't too surprised at her running but were a little amused because of the dress.

 

Nearby her room, she saw the Head Maid.

 

"Ahjumma! Help me with the make up removing!" she exclaimed.

 

"Oh dear why are you in such a hurry after the gala??"

 

"I have somewhere to go!" she exclaimed. "-oh and can you send someone to help me pack side dishes from the kitchen enough for two days' worth of meals?"

 

***

 

After leaving the Min's residence, Jungkook walked the long road to the nearest bus stop. He loosened his tie and put it in his pocket and took off his blazer before sitting down. He caught the last bus and rested his head on the window.

 

His parents didn't even bother letting him know that they were leaving. When he realised most of the guests were gone, he glanced over and saw that they had left without a word, not that he was looking forward to returning with them.

 

The building lights and street lights flashed by slowly. Jungkook breathed out as he stared blankly at the passing scenery. He unconsciously got off the stop that led him to Suga and Yujin's shared house that he got used to calling his home.

 

No one's gonna be there. I don't even have a key.

 

Nevertheless, his feet carried him there. There was no where else to go other than the park. Maybe if he was lucky, Suga would have forgotten to lock the door.

 

Jungkook stopped outside the main door. He rested his hand on the door knob, knowing that if he twisted it, it'll get stuck halfway. Even so, he tried. Just to try his luck.

 

To his surprise, the knob turned all the way, completing the cycle and the door opened when he pushed it in.

 

What kind of luck is this?

 

Jungkook entered the dark house. The only lights switched on was the small kitchen light Suga insisted to leave it on every night.

 

The house was eerily quiet but there was no silence Jungkook wasn't used to. He closed the main door and put his shoes aside. Deciding that it was enough of wearing the formal wear he was in, he headed up to take a shower.

 

Something prompted him to walk slowly up the stairs but he ignored it and went up with his usual walking pace.

 

The moment he reached the top of the stairs, Yujin's door suddenly swung open. He freaked out at the door opening and also the dark figure behind the door and missed a step.

 

"OH!!" Yujin shouted in surprise when she opened the door and saw a dark figure in front of her at the top of the stairs.

 

Both teenagers got an equally big fright but Jungkook was the one who suffered more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter