050. It's Not Fair.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Hoseok entered the class, he got a slight lecture by the teacher about how his attitude had recently been deteriorating, using the examples of him coming late to class and even bringing up the cases where he was brought to the discipline office. She added that it was due to the fact that he constantly hung out with his 'BH delinquent' friends.

 

Hoseok wanted to defend his friends because he knew very well that everyone was being ridiculous, judging when they didn't know the story behind why they were like that. Even so, he didn't talk back to his teacher, bearing in mind that he was still the headmaster's son.

 

He had to bite it down and explain how Yujin was locked up on the roof even though it started raining and they rescued her – him – and that Suga was going to stay back and watch out for her.

 

Their teacher carried on saying that even her best student (Suga) was influenced so badly.

 

Jimin on the other hand wasn't buying what the teacher was saying.

 

He scoffed when she used him and his friends as example of bad influences. That caught the teacher's attention.

 

"Park Jimin-ssi, what is the matter over there?"

 

Jimin let out a snort. "Bad influences? Us? I think the only bad influence here is you."

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"What?" Jimin asked. "-look at yourself. You barely know us other than our names and you hate us so much, who are you to say that we influenced Suga hyung and Hoseok hyung??"

 

"Park Jimin-ssi, you have no say in-"

 

"-I don't care if I have a say or not. This place is so sick. I can't believe all of you can sit still and listen to her talk like that." Jimin told the rest of the class. "-is either you agree with her or you have no interest to listen. You guys aren't human at all."

 

"Where are you going?!" their teacher demanded when he grabbed his bag.

 

Hoseok finally realised that Namjoon wasn't in class. He hoped the boy didn't cause the same trouble as Jimin earlier.

 

"I'm going out. Put me in detention all you want, I'm not just gonna sit around quietly and listen to you talk like you know everything about us!" Jimin said and stormed out through the back door.

 

Hoseok watched him leave and frowned.

 

"Hoseok hakseng take your seat."

 

The boy breathed out slowly. "Miss, in all due respect, he's right. Even if his words weren't well refined. You and I don't know what they've been through to be acting like this so I do hope you respect them as students just as how they would do to you as a teacher if you stop looking at them with such narrow sights. He is my friend. They are my friends, and I would say that they are the best friends I could ever have. So please, miss, treat them fairly."

 

Hoseok took his seat and the teacher had to swallow her pride in and continued the class. His classmates were baffled at the drama that just happened and most of them couldn't pay attention to the lesson any more after that.

 

 

After Jimin stormed out of the class, he waited for a while at the stairs to calm himself down. No one noticed, but he was actually quite unhappy when the teacher started attacking Hoseok, but what made him snap wasn't the reference to himself and the other boys. It was when the teacher said this,

 

"-and what about Kang Yujin? He's the worst out of the lot. He was the one who started all the fights that have been happening. Surely he instigated all of it and influenced you to follow what he does as well."

 

He couldn't help but wondered why exactly did he explode at that. Jimin knew it was best to hold back and not say anything to prevent trouble, but he couldn't sit still.

 

It's because he's unconscious in the clinic that's why I talked back. Yeah. Has to be it.

 

Jimin looked around. When Namjoon left the clinic and Jimin followed after him earlier, the older boy demanded that he be left alone in a tone harsher than he intended.

 

I should look for him.

 

..or maybe not. He looked pissed. Maybe it was something I said again.

 

How's Yujin doin-

 

NO! I am NOT worried about the damned shortie!

 

Jimin ran his hand through his hair and his fringe bounced back to cover his forehead.

 

"Well screw it all, I'm going to the library."

 

***

 

Yujin stirred and woke up half an hour later. It took her a while to register where she was. She saw Suga sitting next to her bed, head propped on one arm and eyes closed.

 

She lifted her sore arm and felt her own forehead.

 

Damn.. Now I'm sick?

 

Who locked me up in the freaking rain.. I'm gonna find them and kill them.. Seriously....

 

Yujin looked back at Suga. He didn't look peaceful at all in his sleep.

 

How did he find me?

 

She felt cold so she pulled the covers higher and buried herself deeper into the sheets.

 

Nurse Kim came into the room that moment and saw Yujin awake.

 

"Oh dear-!"

 

Yujin quickly put her finger against her lips in alarm. Nurse Kim held her tongue. Yujin pointed at Suga's sleeping self and nurse Kim nodded with a smile. She quietly went next to Yujin.

 

"Are you feeling better?" she whispered.

 

Yujin nodded slightly. "I have a fever but I'm really cold."

 

"Yes, I've given your medicine to Suga-ssi. He said he'd make sure you eat it later."

 

Yujin peered over towards Suga.

 

"-oh and.. Yujin hakseng?" Nurse Kim said and Yujin turned back to her.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"How many of them know that you're.. not a boy?"

 

Yujin momentarily froze.

 

Oh no. They-

 

"-Jin hakseng rushed in like a mad man begging doctor Pyo and I not to tell anyone about it, and I won't say a word since my job is to make sure you're in good health and nothing more, but just in case," nurse Kim smiled. "-who else knows?"

 

Yujin knew the nurse had no bad intentions and since Jin already covered for her earlier, she was more relaxed.

 

"Only Jin hyung and him." Yujin pointed at the motionless Suga on the chair.

 

Nurse Kim smiled and sat on the side of the bed. "I wonder what you had to go through to put on this mask."

 

She gently moved Yujin's messy hair out of her face.

 

"-don't worry. If you need any help just tell me. I'll try my best to help you." Nurse Kim said. "-I've taken a liking to you."

 

Yujin managed a small smile and nodded in thanks.

 

"-you should get some rest. Go to sleep. I'll tell them you didn't wake up yet so you can sleep through the day." Nurse Kim chuckled softly and got up.

 

Yujin breathed out a sigh of relief that her cover wasn't blown. Technically it got blown but those who found out decided to keep quiet about it so she was safe.

 

It didn't take long before she fell asleep again, feeling uncomfortable and sick.

 

 

 

When school ended, Yujin wasn't awake yet and Taehyung and Jungkook were the first ones who got out of class and reached the clinic first.

 

"Hyu-!!" Taehyung's mouth got covered by Jungkook when the younger boy saw that Suga was STILL asleep.

 

"..should we wake him up?" Taehyung asked.

 

Jungkook was about to shake his head but an itch hit his nose so hard, he didn't have time to stop himself.

 

"AHCHOO!!!!"

 

Jungkook cursed in his mind as he covered his mouth and nose with one hand. His eyebrows knitted together in annoyance at his own sensitive nose.

 

Suga woke up because of the sneeze and Taehyung got a shock as well and jumped away, stumbling and almost falling down before he leaned onto the wall. The older boy who just woke up looked around the room clearly not fully awake.

 

Taehyung had a sheepish grin and it turned into a teasing smirk towards Jungkook. He knew that Jungkook was guilty for waking Suga up accidentally with his sneeze when he was the one who stopped Taehyung from shouting earlier and Taehyung was rubbing it in his face.

 

Jungkook glared at Taehyung.

 

"Oh.." Suga yawned and rubbed his eyes. "-excuse me- school's over?"

 

Jungkook nodded. "Is he awake yet?"

 

"Of course. Can't you see him walking around?" Taehyung asked sarcastically and almost laughed when he saw Suga widening his eyes and shooting his gaze towards Yujin. "-it was a sarcastic remark!!" he protested when Suga shot him a look.

 

Jungkook shook his head at Taehyung.

 

"I think I should get him back." Suga said. "-Taehyung-ah, can you go to the reception and help me check Yujin out with nurse Kim?"

 

Taehyung hesitated. "Uhh.. Just go to her and say..?"

 

"You want to check out for Yujin, tell her I'll be taking him back home." Suga said and stood up.

 

Taehyung nodded. If you still hadn't figure it out, he wasn't really good with starting and holding conversations with strangers if it didn't involve fighting.

 

"Thanks." Suga smiled at him and Taehyung had no choice but to do as he said. He left the room to look for nurse Kim.

 

Jungkook went to the other side of the bed and stared at Yujin a little longer than he intended to. "Hyung, how do we take him back home?"

 

As what Yujin had predicted last time, Suga was delighted to hear Jungkook call their house his home. A smile formed on his face and Jungkook saw it but didn't question him about it.

 

"Can you get my bag from my locker? I'll carry him and you can meet me at the main gate." Suga told Jungkook.

 

"Is he too heavy for you?" Jungkook asked. "-I can help you if you want."

 

Suga smiled and shook his head. "It's okay. Besides, I think you caught a cold already." he pointed at Jungkook slightly as the boy sniffled. "-I guess you have low tolerance towards the cold huh?"

 

Jungkook got embarrassed at that. He awkwardly took a step back. "I'll.. I'll go get your bag.."

 

Before he went out, Suga stopped him. "Jungkook-ah,"

 

"Huh?"

 

"-my locker password. 0613. Can you remember it?"

 

Jungkook froze for a while at the numbers and nodded and he walked out. Taehyung saw him pass by the reception and halted him.

 

"Oui. Where are you off to?"

 

"Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter