063. Not the Reunion I Had in Mind.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook got off the limo after his sister. He was more than annoyed to be there. He knew something was up when he was demanded to return home the past few nights to have 'important family dinners discussions'. His initial plan to not turn up for this gala failed when his father used the one sentence that always successfully put him back in line.

 

“Don't make me step in, Jeon Jungkook. You know what I can do.”

 

 

As their parents paid no heed to his expression and walked ahead, his older sister walked alongside him.

 

"Jungkook-ah, just bear with it for a night.." Jihyun tried calming him down.

 

"Don't try to talk with me." Jungkook glared at her. "-don't walk with me."

 

Jihyun sighed in defeat and went ahead. Jungkook paused and looked up at the mansion in front of him.

 

Stupid galas. Like I give a about who the hosts are..

 

 

He had in mind to switch off his mind and to just go with the flow of the program which he wasn't interested in.

 

However, when his sharp ears picked up his name from the noise in the hall, he turned.

 

His eyes rounded when he saw who called him. Seeing Jin, Suga and Hoseok there, he mentally slapped himself for not thinking about the possibility of meeting them there.

 

What shocked him even more was the sight of his own friends.

 

Jungkook naturally went over without bothering about his own family, eyes wide and gaze fixed on the boys.

 

"Yah, what- what are you- WHO are you??" Taehyung asked.

 

"You're the son of the Jeon family??" Jin asked.

 

"Why didn't you tell us? You're THIS rich??!!" Jimin asked. “-heck, you showed me your house before. It was just a mere bungalow. What is THIS. How come you're here??!!”

 

Jungkook contemplated walking away at all their questions.

 

Suga stopped them. "Jungkook-ah, it's good to have you here."

 

The youngest boy nodded silently.

 

Taehyung grabbed his shoulder. "Hey, do you know? This gala is hosted by Suga hyung's family!!"

 

Jungkook looked at Suga. He was surprised. "..huh?"

 

"You don't look like you wanna be here.." Suga joked.

 

"N-no.. I.. just.." Jungkook stuttered.

 

"I'm joking." Suga laughed and shook his head.

 

"Ew, you're rich?" Taehyung scrunched up his face and let go of Jungkook. "-should I call you young master too??" he joked.

 

"Young master Jeon." Namjoon teased.

 

They all laughed when Jungkook's ears turned red.

 

"Oh. He's blushing??" Hoseok exclaimed.

 

They took turns laughing at him and complimenting how the 'wealthy life' suited him since he always had a mysterious aura around him.

 

"You're not.. angry?" Jungkook slowly asked.

 

They looked at him with confused faces. "Angry? Why?" Jin asked.

 

Jungkook looked at Namjoon and the other two whom he knew for a longer period of time, especially Taehyung.

 

"I never told you all."

 

Namjoon smiled warmly at him. "Idiot, you're our friend, aren't you? Does it matter where you come from?"

 

"Besides," Jimin smirked. "-those hyungs are our friends too, doesn't make sense if we ditch you right?"

 

"Hey, but you owe me one." Taehyung frowned childishly. "-for keeping this a secret."

 

"I don't like my family." Jungkook suddenly said.

 

They didn't know how to respond to that, but then it made sense when they remembered that he was staying with Suga.

 

All was well, until a certain someone approached them.

 

The person they all forgot could potentially show up.

 

 

“It's nice to meet you all here.”

 

The hairs on the back of Suga's neck stood up and he slowly turned, maintaining his composure.

 

All thoughts of being sarcastic and classically rude (as Yujin would've put it when in her Min Jina mood), were washed away when he saw the two adults standing along with the girl.

 

“Mr and Mrs Park, it's nice to see you again.” Suga smiled and bowed to them, instead of returning Yebin's earlier greeting.

 

Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung were slightly caught off guard at her appearance and almost wanted to react to the fact that she approached them. They reminded themselves at the last minute that Park Yebin was of the same, if not similar, social class standing as Jin, Suga and Hoseok – and Jeon Jungkook. Gosh, it's gonna take a while for them to get used to this – and they held their tongues, letting Suga and the other two to do the talking.

 

Kanghyuk chuckled heartily and patted Suga on the back. “Young man, it hasn't been a while but it's always good to see you. I've just spoken to your parents but where is your sister?” he asked. “-we should at least meet her once before the gala starts.”

 

Mihye nodded in agreement with her husband. “Yes, where's Jina?” she asked with a gentle smile, however, some of them noticed how rigid Jungkook posture became. “-or will she not be attending tonight again?”

 

 

“..Jina?”

 

Damn, Jeon Jungkook. Don't go relating every Jina to her. It's impossible.

 

 

Suga straightened himself and smiled. “I would appreciate if my sister's name doesn't leave your mouths so loosely. She hasn't been publicly recognised yet and hasn't been formally introduced and I'm sure she would love to keep it that way until we present ourselves.” he said.

 

Kanghyuk let out an awkward laugh. “Is that so?”

 

“Oh dear, I do apologise for that.” Mihye said graciously.

 

Jungkook caught Yebin slightly rolling her eyes.

 

Here's someone who doesn't like hyung's sister.

 

 

“We'll leave you teenagers to mingle around together, then.” Kanghyuk said. “-I'm sure you have plenty to talk about since all of you attend the same school.”

 

Suga had an internal panic for a moment.

 

What did the man mean by 'plenty to talk about'?

 

They don't even exchange decent conversations in school.

 

They don't even CONVERSE.

 

However, the couple left as quickly as they came, leaving their daughter with the boys.

 

Yebin, thick-faced as she always was, smiled at Suga. “How have you been?” she asked, and before Suga got to snap at her, she went closer to him. “-you can't act the way you do in school. People are watching. Imagine what they'd say?”

 

Jin breathed out, his mood slightly dampened at the appearance of the girl.

 

“Yebin-ssi, seriously, go look for your posse. Don't cause trouble here.” he said.

 

Suga offered a pressed smile. “She can't. She's completely alone here because none of her posse is invited. I'm sure of it.”

 

Yebin glared at him. “They're coming. They told me so.”

 

Suga didn't know how to phrase his sentences any nicer than he was already trying. Thankfully, help arrived.

 

The girl with long hair, dressed in her cream coloured dress, floated pass the boys, and stood next to Suga. Yebin's initial glare at Suga turned to her.

 

“They probably told you so to make you jealous. Time to re-consider your friends, Park Yebin-ssi.” Yujin smiled, speaking in her fluid voice.

 

“Who are you to say that to me?” Yebin asked rudely.

 

“No,” Yujin kept her smile on. “-who are you to talk to my brother with that kind of voice?”

 

 

Hoseok secretly left the group and went to his brother. “Daehyun-ah,”

 

Daehyun was surprised his brother approached him.

 

“-please get Yebin away before she causes unnecessary drama here. We're not in school. She can't just do things like that when there are so many adults here.” he said.

 

Daehyun looked over where he had last seen the other group. He saw Yebin there, confronting Suga's sister.

 

“Oh my gosh, what is wrong with everyone today? Why are they all messing with the wrong people??!!” Daehyun exclaimed in a voice slightly higher pitched than his usual voice.

 

He hurriedly went over.

 

Yujin noticed Daehyun walking towards them and took a small step back, signing out from the conversation and Yebin could tell by her body language. She turned to see Daehyun already next to her.

 

“Yebin-ah, please don't do this here. Not where all the adults are. Do whatever you want in school, just don't do it here. Please.” Daehyun said in a low voice and held her hand, urging her to leave.

 

“Jung Daehyun, stay out of this. I know who I'm talking to.” Yebin said.

 

“I don't care.” Daehyun said urgently, causing the others to raise a brow.

 

Park Yebin's no.1 fan was disregarding what she was saying.

 

“-please just, let's go.” Daehyun said one last time before dragging her away from the boys, sending one quick glance towards Suga and Yujin as though telling them that he's got it under control.

 

 

As Daehyun was trying to get Yebin away, Taehyung noticed Jungkook staring at something, or rather someone. The younger boy kept moving from side to side, trying to catch a glimpse of it.

 

Taehyung nudged him. “What're you looking at?”

 

“Suga hyung's sister.” Jungkook muttered under his breath with a small frown on his face.

 

“You didn't meet her yet right?” Taehyung whispered and grinned at Jungkook, who was paying no attention to him.

 

Yujin had walked pass them so quickly when she came back and saw Yebin talking to Suga that Jungkook didn't manage to see her face yet. He did, however, find her awfully familiar and he knew something wasn't right.

 

 

When Yebin finally left, Yujin let out the breath of air she unconsciously held in.

 

“Wow, you're actually really cool.” Jin laughed.

 

“No, it's all thanks to Hoseok-ssi.” Yujin said and gestured towards the said boy. “-if you hadn't told your brother to come, I don't think I would have been able to handle her.”

 

Hoseok bit his lips and shook his head. “It's nothing.”

 

She smiled and glanced at Suga, who in return gave her an expression of gratitude for saving him from snapping publicly at Yebin in front of so many adults. She thought every possible drama that could happened already ended, but it was far from it.

 

Yujin halted when she noticed the newcomer in the group.

 

 

Jungkook finally got to see her face.

 

His eyes doubled up in size when he saw her. Those around them got confused at the sudden silence. Yujin wished she paid more attention before showing up just because Yebin was threatening Suga's calm demeanour.

 

Oh....... .

 

"J..Ji..Jina?" Jungkook muttered.

 

The boys were surprised when he called her name. They hadn't introduce her, and yet he knew her name. Suga was the most surprised.

 

How did he know her?

 

 

 

Yujin didn't know what to do.  The reason why she hung around the guys was because she was certain Jungkook wasn't there.

 

He didn't know that she was Yujin, but Jungkook knew how the female Yujin – Jina, looked like.

 

"You're.. Jina, right?" Jungkook went nearer to Yujin and she remained glued to the spot, eyes not leaving his but not speaking a single word.

 

This is not the kind of reunion I had in mind. Not here, not like this..

 

Before anyone reacted, Jungkook pulled Yujin away.

 

"H-hey!" Suga exclaimed but Jungkook already pulled Yujin out of the ballroom towards the garden.

 

Yujin didn't say anything neither did she resist. Jungkook stopped in the garden a distance away from the entrance of the ballroom.

 

Silence engulfed them for a good whole minute. Yujin was determined not to say anything until he did.

 

Jungkook kept staring at her.

 

Right in front of him was the girl he knew, the girl who he met in the streets, the one who went missing without a trace and the girl who he found out was in the same school as him.

 

She was in front of him.

 

"You're.. Jina- no. You're Minyu.. aren't you?" Jungkook finally asked.

 

Yujin breathed out a heavy breath. There was no point denying it any more.

 

She looked at him.

 

"Long time no see, you damn brat.."

 

Jungkook was speechless. He scanned her up and down, the last image of her in his mind not matching what he was seeing right there. "What are you doing here?"

 

"This is.. my house.."

 

"Your.." Jungkook looked up. "-fck."

 

Yujin pursed her lips.

 

"-you're rich too?" he frowned and asked. "-you said you had no home. You lied?"

 

"You barely know half of my story." Yujin snapped when she heard the way he was talking. "-don't act as if you know me ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter