035. One Storm Done. More to Come.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Birthday Update:

Happy Birthday to mmreno01!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sticking around hehe

(I hope I'm not too late for you birthday in your timezone xD)

 

 

 

Jimin couldn't believe what he just overheard. He lingered longer than he had intended to, but he already heard that much, he wasn't gonna walk away mid-conversation.

 

"-if the students from that school fail to achieve their end of the deal, headmaster Jung, the majority has agreed on the request of your resignation."

 

He smirked in mockery and partial defeat.

 

Hahh.. Show's over. No one's gonna be defending us. There's no way he'd agree to that kind of a deal. Come on.

 

 

"Alright, I agree to your terms,"

 

Jimin widened his eyes in surprise as his smirk disappeared.

 

Did he just-

 

"-but, I have my own side of the deal."

 

Of course he would. These rich people are selfish after all.

 

"-if these students from Big Hit High, mind you, not that school, if they manage to fulfil their part of the deal, student Kim Taehyung doesn't get expelled."

 

Jimin strained his ears towards the door to listen because that was where it stopped. He expected more.

 

"I understand."

 

...

 

That's it??

 

"Vice principal Choi, I advice you not to meddle with matters of money and politics when handling the school. This is a place for education, not that of power and authority. That is my wish for this school."

 

"...yes. I understand."

 

Jimin slipped away before anyone came out or passed by.

 

"-if they manage to fulfil their part of the deal, student Kim Taehyung doesn't get expelled."

 

Seriously? That's it?

 

He actually defended Taehyung-ah.

 

.

 

If we don't study hard, he'll have to resign.

 

Crap.

 

He defended us.

 

No freaking way am I letting him resign!

 

I need to tell someone!

 

***

 

Jimin ran back to his class. It was empty by now. He ran to the younger one's class. There were only a few JYP students left.

 

He bolted out the insanely huge school building.

 

"HYUNG!!!" Jimin literally screeched.

 

Namjoon jumped and turned around. Many students around stared at the running Jimin as well.

 

"What?"

 

"Hyung- whe-where is- Suga hyung- and the rest- damned- shortie!!" Jimin panted after stopping from his sprint.

 

"I saw them heading out that way." Taehyung pointed towards the school gate and shifted left. He saw Jimin's state. "-what is wrong with you?"

 

"One- hah- one of them- is the headmaster's- son!"

 

Jungkook raised a brow.

 

"Who?" Taehyung asked.

 

"I don't know!" Jimin panted. "-but that's not the point."

 

"Can you relax before you start talking?" Taehyung asked.

 

"No, no, no, this is important!" Jimin took a deep breath and breathed out. "-okay. That Park Yebin wants you," he pointed at Taehyung. "-expelled."

 

"What?!" Namjoon yelled.

 

Taehyung frowned.

 

Oh .

 

"-and, the vice principal is planning to use the damned shortie's bet to bet with the headmaster."

 

Thinking that it was taking too long to explain the details, Jimin cut it short. "-okay whatever! Long story short, the headmaster defended you and that's putting his job at risk. We need to look for the damned shortie now!"

 

After he said that, he ran out of the school. His friends looked at each other for a while before running after him as well. Jimin didn't really give time for it to sink into their minds so they just followed in a blur.

 

Jimin ran for a while and noticed four familiar figures in front.

 

"DAMNED SHORTIE!!!!!" he yelled out because yelling out Yujin's name or the other guys' names was weird.

 

 

Yujin heard his voice and shut her eyes in frustration.

 

"Can I ignore him?" she asked out loud.

 

She continued walking with Suga while Jin and Hoseok stopped to laugh at her, also to wait for Jimin to catch up.

 

"You gotta answer. It is your nickname after all." Suga said.

 

Yujin shook her head.

 

"Yah! Damned shortie! Stop!" Jimin yelled.

 

Suga turned Yujin around to face Jimin. He came over.

 

"We need to talk,"

 

Yujin tilted her head. "Finally confessing?"

 

Jimin grabbed her collar.

 

Ah.. It's been a while since we've had a scene like this by this idiot kid.

 

"-this isn't a joke, damned shortie."

 

"Really? Enlighten me." Yujin said with an expressionless face.

 

Namjoon pushed his way through the guys and pulled Jimin away. "We need to tell you all something. It concerns Taehyung-ah and the headmaster."

 

Jungkook noticed both Suga and Jin glancing at Hoseok briefly before they shifted their attention back to Namjoon.

 

He's the headmaster's son.

 

Hoseok breathed out. "Let's go to my shop and talk there."

 

***

 

"Annyeo-" Byunchan stopped. He was wondering if his work-life in Hoseok's shop was a drama. Everyday he's been greeting really unlikely and weird people coming in together.

 

The other day was Suga and Yujin together at night. Yesterday it was a fuming Yujin. Today it was Jin, Suga, Hoseok, Yujin and more BH students.

 

"Wassup Byunchan!" Hoseok grinned.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." Byunchan bowed.

 

"Get your drinks and take a seat, I'll pay." Hoseok said and went behind the door to put his bag and do whatever he had to at the back of the shop.

 

After the guys ordered their drinks, Jin ushered them to a table at the corner of the shop.

 

Yujin was last to order.

 

"Hot green tea," she said. "-give me the bill for all of them."

 

Byunchan stopped keying in her order and looked at her. "..huh?"

 

"Bill." Yujin repeated. Byunchan stared at her for a while and abruptly looked down to do what she asked.

 

Yujin glanced at the boys taking their seats. She took out her wallet and passed him the bills and got her drink.

 

Hoseok came out of the back as Yujin walked towards them.

 

"How much was it?" Hoseok asked Byunchan.

 

The latter closed the cashier's drawer. "The guy paid."

 

"Whaaat..." Hoseok complained. "-aish. Never mind. You worked hard." He patted Byunchan's shoulder and went to the guys.

 

"Bro...." Hoseok said as he sat down. "-why did you pay???"

 

All the guys looked at Yujin. She glanced at Hoseok. "What?"

 

"Gahh whatever." Hoseok gave up.

 

Yujin turned to Jimin. "What now."

 

Jimin swallowed his drink. "I passed by the principal's office. Park Yebin wants Taehyung expelled. And the vice principal actually had a board meeting without the headmaster,"

 

Yujin noticed Hoseok stiffening up.

 

"-the headmaster.. I think he's a good person. I THINK. I don't know." Jimin continued. "-he was persistent that Taehyung's expulsion hadn't been approved by him and made it a point to the vice principal not to mention about it just yet."

 

"What did the vice principal say?" Yujin asked before Hoseok could open his mouth.

 

"-he made a bet on top of your bet with that bastard JYP dude. What's his name?"

 

"Jung Daehyun." Yujin said.

 

"-okay, Jung Daehyun, whatever, vice principal said, if we don't manage to fulfil our part of the deal, on top of Daehyun's conditions, Taehyung-ah will be expelled, and... the headmaster has to resign."

 

"WHAT?!" Hoseok shouted, but Jin and Suga shouted at the same time so it wasn't obvious.

 

Yet.

 

"Continue." Yujin said.

 

"-he agreed to it."

 

Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook were surprised.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter