024. The Deal.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here's to another day.” Suga lifted his mug, using only his fingers to prop the mug up from the bottom, all the while having this superior kind of face. Yujin smirked before she pulled an equally retarded look and clinked her cup with his in mock agreement.

 

They both drank, or so, sipped, from their cups in a high class manner, as if they were sipping wine out of an actual wine glass and put their mugs down. The act got cut short by Suga's untimely burp and Yujin frowned at him.

 

“Owh yeah I could've totally avoided that.” he laughed.

 

“You know, that's water, and we're not making any sense right now.” Yujin pointed out.

 

“Well, it's been a while since we've actually acted ACCORDINGLY like that..” Suga laughed and adjusted his glasses. “-doesn't hurt to practice once in a while.”

 

Don't forget, these two may seem like normal high school students, but they still attend JYP, the most elite high schools around. It's still the place where rich and influential families send their children to study and where brave scholarship students from normal family backgrounds attend, before the weird circumstance occurred where Big Hit High students were offered places in the same school.

 

These two were still children whose actual home wasn't in this simple house, but rather a mansion in another district.

 

Acting accordingly simply meant acting the way their social statuses required of them. Prim, proper, polite, presentable and the exact opposite of everything Yujin was right now. At least, for Suga's case, he was still presentable.

 

“Mom and dad really wants to see how we're doing, you know?” Suga asked.

 

“Then tell them we'll visit once holidays start.” Yujin shrugged.

 

“You know that's a long time from now.”

 

“Exactly.” Yujin grinned playfully, which earned a knock on the head by Suga. “-anyway, what kind of drama would happen today?” she finished up her breakfast.

 

“I don't want any more drama, thank you. I just want you to start studying for real.”

 

“Meh.. Kang Yujin needs some time to adapt and adjust.” Yujin said. “-besides, I could've just started studying from day one if your JYP friends stayed out of the way and if a certain someone didn't decide to vomit magma out of his mouth once we came home.”

 

Suga's face twisted. “You know I didn't mean what I said.”

 

“Well, it happened, just pray hard your friends will leave my schoolmates alone.” Yujin placed her empty plates into the sink.

 

A light chuckle escaped Suga's lips and Yujin turned to see what was it that made him laugh. “-I'm sure I didn't crack a joke for you to laugh like that.”

 

“You're weird.” Suga said.

 

“Define 'weird'.”

 

“You're probably the worst 'badass' from Big Hit, everyone from your school listens to you, avoids you, just to steer clear from getting into your bad books,” Suga said and came over with his empty plate. “-but then at the same time, you stop fights, put your plates way after your food, help random students pick up their books from the floor, and I dare assume you've never disrespected a teacher before back in Big Hit.”

 

You could only laugh to prove him right. “But how did you know that last point?”

 

“What? About you not disrespecting a teacher?” Suga finished washing his plate and gave it to her to dry it. “-I'm not blind. Yes I was angry with you but I can remember everything I saw.”

 

“Which is?”

 

“-in the disciplinary room. You talked back to Miss Han, and your friends looked mortified, like they've seen the dead speak or something..” he trailed off. “-well except that one guy who kept staring at the flower pot..”

 

They both dried their hands and went to grab their shoes out of the shoe rack.

 

“For the record, they aren't my friends, they're idiots.” Yujin mentally laughed at the idea that the four idiots would ever want to friends with her. “-and who was staring at a what? A flower pot?”

 

“Yeah the guy with the crazy bandage around his head.”

 

“Oh, Jeon Jungkook. The pretty boy idiot.” Yujin said. “-they're not my friends, and go, you're late for school you nerdy rich kid.”

 

“Don't get hurt.” Suga patted her head and went out. “-see you in school!”

 

Just hope that trouble doesn't find me.. any more.

 

But that's just unlikely hm?

 

Life.

 

***

 

Yujin went into the school and noticed Hoseok from afar. He saw her too and started waving like a maniac. “DUDEEEEE!!!!”

 

Yujin kept her pace until she reached him. “'sup.”

 

“How was the weekends?”

 

“Am I your boyfriend?” Yujin asked.

 

Hoseok almost start laughing at her sharp remarks. “Got it. See ya later during break!”

 

Yujin figured she'd be able to know if anything was going on if she just keep checking the website. Before the page loaded, she looked up and saw a group of students outside her class.

 

She walked over. Her ex-classmate from BH saw her.

 

“Yujin..-ah.” he said softly.

 

“What's going on?” Yujin asked.

 

“Taehyungie, he got transferred to another class.”

 

Yujin stared at him for two seconds with a blank face. “..what?” A frown started forming on her face.

 

“Yeah, the rich kid transferred him to a class without any other BH students, I don't even know why.”

 

She suddenly recalled what Hoseok messaged her before.

 

::-I think he's not okay being alone in class.

 

Yujin's frown deepened.

 

A class without any other BH students?

 

I know that he's not okay, but how did they find out? I don't believe in coincidences any more.

 

Yujin pushed through the crowd.

 

Isn't the pretty boy idiot around? He should've done something by now.

 

When she reached the door of her class, she saw Daehyun and his friends surrounding Taehyung in such a way that the students outside the entrance of the class could see him clearly. The other students in class were at their own seat but they were all only staring at Taehyung, not doing anything else.

 

Taehyung was keeping up his 'I don't give a ' look, but he might break soon. Yujin glanced at Jungkook's seat but he wasn't there.

 

“What're you still doing, hm?” Daehyun bent forward from Taehyung's left side and asked. “-you don't belong in this class, so get out!”

 

Taehyung just stared at his table in the most nonchalant way possible.

 

“-oh I know.. is it because.. you're scared?”

 

There was a quick flicker of fear in his eyes before he hid it.

 

“Scared?” Himchan asked Daehyun. “-of what?”

 

“Being alone I guess?” Daehyun said loudly.

 

That was Taehyung's breaking point. He grabbed his bag.

 

“Oh, finally leaving?”

 

Taehyung stood up, only to get pushed back down into his chair by a strong hand on his shoulder. He looked up.

 

“No one's leaving anywhere.”

 

“Kang Yujin!” Daehyun smirked. “-of course you'd be here and finally you're here. Now.. I wonder what your weakness is. What are you afraid of?”

 

Yujin kept her hand on Taehyung's shoulder. For what? She didn't know, probably as a little assurance to the scared Taehyung that he wasn't alone.

 

She kept her stare at Daehyun. “I know your weakness is Park Yebin, and you're afraid that she won't be yours, afraid that you'll lose her,” she let her head tilt to the side with a blank face. “-to me.”

 

Daehyun grabbed Yujin's collar harshly. Taehyung wanted to do something but Yujin's grip on his shoulder tightened and she was pushing him down so that he didn't move. He stared at her in protest with a frowned but she didn't look his way.

 

“What?” Yujin asked Daehyun. “-it's the truth. You like her, and-”

 

“SHUT YOUR MOUTH!”

 

“Jung Daehyun, she's not worth it,” Yujin said. “-she's just playing with y-”

 

Without another word, Daehyun threw a punch across Yujin's face and she stumbled to the side and didn't manage to balance herself. She ended up crashing into the empty tables and fell to the floor.

 

“Don't you DARE talk about Yebinie like that!” Daehyun shouted and his friends had to hold him back.

 

Taehyung wanted to get up and return Daehyun's punch that was uncalled for, but Yujin sat up and shot him a quick warning look, asking him to stay in his seat.

 

“What was that for?” she stood up.

 

“Yebinie isn't someone trash like you can insult like that!” Daehyun shook Youngjae's arm away.

 

“Forget about her then,” Yujin said. “-what the heck are you trying to do here? As I remembered, you don't belong in this class.”

 

“Neither does he.” Himchan pointed at Taehyung.

 

“Oh he does belong here. What would you know?” Yujin looked at him.

 

“Because,” Daehyun smirked. “-I got him transferred out of this class.”

 

So, it's true.

 

“What is your problem with us exactly?” she asked him.

 

“You invaded our peaceful school life. That's what the problem is.” Jonggup said.

 

“It can be peaceful, if you guys would just leave us alone.” Yujin glanced at the boy. Jonggup silently gulped because Yujin's blank stare was getting dangerous all of a sudden, he didn't even know if it was just his imagination.

 

Himchan snorted. “That will never happen because-”

 

Daehyun put a hand in front of Himchan to stop him. “Kang Yujin, how about a bet?”

 

Yujin raised an eyebrow. “If I win, all of you will leave all the BH students alone?”

 

“Yes, no fights from us, no trouble making. How about that?”

 

“Huh. For once, you're acting civilised.” Yujin shrugged. “-let's have a listen to your bet.”

 

“There will be a small test at the end of next month, like trials before the official finals at the end of the year. Shall we bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter