046. A Blazer, A Punch.

Life As It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin figured she won't be able to do anything while sitting around at home so she decided to head out.

 

Jungkook was playing with his phone when he heard the faint 'click' of the gate. He got off the bed and looked out the window. He saw Yujin shoving something into her pocket and started walking away.

 

What is he up to now?

 

Jungkook quietly opened the door and peaked at Suga's door. The lights were off.

 

No wonder the damned shortie can be out of the house so late even though Suga hyung is so strict. Hyung sleeps so early.

 

The boy grabbed his wallet, phone and a jacket and was about to leave when he saw his entrance slip for the test the next day on his desk.

 

Tomorrow.

 

***

 

"WUACHOO!!! Auuush..." Yujin frowned and rubbed her nose. "-idiot.. I'm starting to act like one now."

 

It was autumn already but she was just out in the playground with only her oversized T-shirt and her boy shorts (that were actually Suga's).

 

"Urgh.." Yujin grumbled and rubbed her hands and her arms as she curled her legs up onto the bench.

 

Something got thrown over her head and she jerked up and took it off. First thing she saw was no one until the bench went down slightly and she turned to see Jungkook sitting down.

 

"Yah, what're you doing here?" Yujin asked. Jungkook didn't reply her. He took out two books and only then did Yujin notice the bag he had with him.

 

Jungkook zipped up his jacket. Yujin got his message and looked at what he had thrown over her head earlier.

 

B.. Blazer?

 

Yujin gave him a questioning look.

 

"I didn't take it out of my bag since just now." Jungkook simply said.

 

Yujin stared at him for a while before she started laughing. The boy was surprised and looked at her.

 

He was speechless.

 

"Yah," Yujin said after laughing a while. "-once in a while it's okay to admit that you care alright? Stop coming up with weird excuses!!"

 

Yujin swung the blazer over her and slipped her hands through the sleeves. "Thank. you. for. the. blazer." she laughed.

 

Jungkook watched her fit into his blazer. It was slightly too big and definitely bigger at the shoulder part.

 

"What're you doing here?" he asked.

 

"Hm? Oh. There's nothing to do at home."

 

Jungkook tossed a book onto her lap.

 

Yujin took a while to recognise it. She chuckled. "Yah," she took the book and shook it as she looked at him. "-you forgot? I wrote this."

 

Jungkook frowned at her. "So?"

 

"So, you should be the one reading it, not me. I- aush why do you guys always make me say things that make me look like a proud person?? I can remember everything I wrote so just take care of yourself instead of bothering about me!" Yujin frowned with a laugh and put the book onto his bag.

 

Jungkook silently adjusted himself on his seat. "..asked me not to stay out but you stayed out. Even when you have such a weak body."

 

"What?" Yujin asked.

 

"What happened to both of you?" Jungkook asked. "-it's too quiet at home."

 

Yujin ran her tongue over her lips and bit it.

 

..wait.

 

"'Home'?" Yujin asked and turned to Jungkook.

 

He froze for a while. "Uh- that. Uhm."

 

Yujin smiled. "Yoongi's gonna be happy to hear that."

 

"Suga.. hyung?" Jungkook tried and saw Yujin's smile falter. "-why?"

 

He saw her pull up her smile again.

 

"That idiot has a soft spot for the four of you. Give him a week to a month and he'll say you all are like his own brothers. He's an idiot who desperately loves having siblings."

 

Jungkook sounded like he laughed but it didn't seem possible for him to laugh so Yujin decided that he smirked instead.

 

"Damned shortie. Are you jealous?"

 

Yujin snorted. "That word never popped into my head before. Jeon Jungkook you have a very creative imagination."

 

"Then what happened at home just now?" Jungkook asked.

 

"Pretty boy, you're getting really comfortable staying in my house aren't you?"

 

"Suga hyung said I could."

 

"Thick face." Yujin said and covered the blazer around herself more because a small breeze blew past. They remained silent for a while as Jungkook started reading.

 

"-but it's good," Yujin said and he looked at her. "-it's good to be selfish once in a while. You can't always accommodate people and make your life so miserable when it can be a million times better if you need to be selfish just once."

 

Jungkook stared at Yujin longer than he intended to but she didn't turn to him so he didn't look away.

 

"Does that mean you don't mind me staying there?" he asked.

 

"If I mind, I would have kicked your or skinned you alive- wait, actually if I mind I won't have walked back out in the rain to give you that damned umbrella." Yujin stated. "-use your brains, pretty boy."

 

Jungkook clicked his tongue and shifted in his seat. Another breeze and his nose twitched.

 

Oh no crap don't-

 

"AHCHOO!!"

 

Yujin got a small shock as Jungkook sneezed and stared at her as if she was the one who sneezed.

 

Yujin smirked. "Seems like I'm not the only one who hates the cold." she stood up. "-let's go, I'm not gonna wait for you."

 

"Go where?"

 

Yujin turned around. "Seriously?"

 

Jungkook just stared at her and she sighed.

 

"Go home. Okay?"

 

Jungkook shoved the books into his bag and got up. He wordlessly went ahead of her.

 

"Haih." Yujin ruffled her hair and followed him, pulling each sleeve of the blazer with each of her hands.

 

***

 

The next morning, Yujin woke up and got ready. By the time she went down, Suga was already at the table eating.

 

"Oh! Here, your cereal." he said and put a bowl forward.

 

Yujin looked around. "Where's the idiot?"

 

"Jungkook? He went off to school this morning already. Maybe to study."

 

Yujin nodded. The moment she started eating, both of them suddenly remembered last night.

 

"-that was five years ago."

 

Suga gulped.

 

The atmosphere became awkward again and-

 

"Yah."

 

Suga looked up at Yujin. "Huh?"

 

"-don't create an awkward atmosphere all of a sudden please." Yujin said.

 

Suga stared at her with a surprised face.

 

"-aush.." Yujin started laughing. "-how can we not be siblings? We have to be siblings! We even created the awkward atmosphere at the same time."

 

"...s-siblings?"

 

Yujin smiled. "Yoongi, I'm still Min Jina. Okay? Whatever happened last time. Five years ago, six years ago, screw it. I won't give a damn about it any more. Just live like we are siblings. Okay?"

 

Suga stared at Yujin for a while. "Yujin.. you're okay with that?"

 

Yujin breathed out. "It happened. Not like we could have prevented it. But anyhow, because of that, my life is like this now. I'm happy enough."

 

"Really? You sure?"

 

"Okay.. Besides having to meet four idiots who practically ruined half a year of high school for me, dressing up like this, having to deal with more idiots in your school, and you starting to act like an idiot as well-"

 

"Yah yah yah, are you hitting at me now?" Suga laughed.

 

Yujin grinned at him. Suga bent over and ruffled her hair. "You're my sister. Okay? I won't let anyone hurt you. Not ever. And once you finish high school, no more, this.." he gestured to her hair and clothes. "-okay?"

 

"We'll see." Yujin smirked. "-you're gonna be late."

 

"OH!" Suga looked at the clock and started rushing his food. When he was done, he ran out. "-see you in school!!"

 

***

 

"Jeon. JUNGkook!" Taehyung announced with his deliberate low voice. Everyone in class turned to him and Jungkook looked up. Taehyung broke out into a grin. "-what's up?" he raised his hand.

 

Their classmates rolled their eyes at his immature behaviour and went back to what they were doing before he came in. Taehyung put his bag down and went to Jungkook.

 

"What the heck is your problem now?" Jungkook grumbled.

 

"Here." Taehyung put a bottle of orange juice on his table, earning a questioning frown from the younger boy.

 

"-it helped me when I was brain fried last time. The damned shortie gave this to us remember? It helped me then. So this is for you." Taehyung grinned. "-good luck for the test later!"

 

Jungkook wanted to reject it but the back door opened.

 

"Yah Jeon Jungkookkkk!!!" Jimin's sharp voice announced. He had a silly wide teasing smile on his face as he called his name and came in with Namjoon.

 

"Oh what're you guys doing here?" Taehyung asked, obviously delighted that they were all in the same class at one time, even though that wasn't much to be excited about.

 

"Test later right? Good luck okay?" Jimin laughed.

 

"All the best, genius." Namjoon patted his shoulder.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter