Slip of the tongue

Trying

Jongin's ballet lessons took place every Thursday after nursery had ended for him. Thursdays were not Joonmyun's favorite day; it was the day where work piled up most for him throughout the week  and meant that he wouldn't be able to pick Jongin up and take him to his lessons- that job was soon left for his parents or brother to handle whilst Joonmyun finished up what he needed to do before going to pick Jongin up.

Besides being at the nursery and being able to play with Kyungsoo, Jongin's ballet lessons were where Joonmyun saw him at his happiest. At his lessons, he was happy and laughing, he was loud and interracted with the other children as though he had known them for a very long time instead of being one of the new kids.

Joonmyun also noticed just how much Jongin enjoyed his lessons. When it was time for teaching, Jongin listened attentively, watching his teacher so he could copy and complete the different moves just as well as what the teacher had taught them. At home, Joonmyun would take the occassional peek into Jongin's room and find the boy muttering several instructions to himself before he continued to dilligently practice. It was obvious that the boy was enjoying the lessons and was able to fit into an environment he was comfortable in. If that made him happy, then Joonmyun had no intention of stopping this happiness anytime soon.

 

 

By the time he had parked his car up and ran into the studio, Joonmyun was late... far beyond late. The meeting earlier on had finished later than scheduled, that was fine as Joonmyun would still be able to make it in time. A word with his boss had set him back almost three minutes and being caught in rush hour traffic had set Joonmyun back almost fifteen minutes.

Skidding to a halt, Joonmyun bent over to catch his breath. Looking up, he could see Jongin sat outside the practice room with his bag beside him and his ballet pumps in his hands, looking at other children in his class as they wondered on with their parents.

"Jongin" he called out and upon recognising his dad ran over to him and threw his arms around his waist
"I thought you weren't coming" he said as Joonmyun crouched down to hug him back.

"Sorry about that buddy, I was late coming out of work and I got stuck in traffic" he replied, taking Jongin's hand and asking him about his lesson as the two walked out to the car
"It was awesome! We learnt a few more new moves and the teacher said that I was as graceful as a swan" Jongin replied proudly, waving to a of the other children in his class.

"Jongin!" came a girls voice as Jongin turned around and ran towards the person whose voice it belonged to
"Hi Hyomi" he replied and as the two of them began to talk animatedly, Joonmyun laughed at their interraction and was surprised when he heard a familiar voice laugh along with him.

"Fancy seeing you here" Jongdae said
"I-I was just about to say the exact same thing" Joonmyun replied, looking for some sort of explanation as to why Jongdae would be here in the first place.

"I'm picking up my niece" Jongdae began, pointing to the girl who was chatting with Jongin "My brother is currently at some work conference abroad and his wife is going to be late home tonight. I decided to look after her for a while to give my parents a break" as Joonmyun nodded.

"I never knew Jongin took ballet lessons"
"Oh, yeah, he's only recently just started them" Joonmyun replied with a shrug, a few mother's passing by to say goodbye with a few giggles as they did so, a grin settling on Jongdae's face.

"Quite popular with the ladies I see" he said as Joonmyun waved back to them
"Too bad I'm not interested in women in general" he slipped out, freezing at the realisation of what he had just said and who he had said it to.

"Uh... what I mean... well..." and as he continued to try and splutter out some kind of response, he could feel himself begin to crash and realised that maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut in the first place
"Don't worry about it Joonmyun, really" Jongdae assured, resting a hand on Joonmyun's shoulder, waiting for him to calm down.

"R-really?"
"Of course. Who cares about someone's ual preference nowadays anyway? Take that from somebody who is also not interested in women"  and sending Joonmyun a wink, collected his niece in his arms and carried her away as she continued to shout goodbye's to Jongin.

 

 

Even when he was back in the safety of his home, Joonmyun was still sat there groaning to himself and calling himself an idiot. It was bad enough that he practically came out to his brother in practically the same manner... but to do so in front of someone he only knew because he was his son's teacher? That was even worse!

Hearing his phone ring, Joonmyun was just going to leave it and have the person leave him a message- he was in no particular mood to speak to anyone this evening. Catching a glimpse of the caller I.D. however, Joonmyun knew that he would have to pick up; if he didn't, the person would just keep calling until Joonmyun finally answered.

"Hello?" he asked tiredly
"Wow, I don't think I've ever heard you this down before" the person on the other line replied as Joonmyun let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hello to you too Baekhyun" he said
"I won't bother asking what's wrong, I just want to know if you're free this weekend" Baekhyun replied as Joonmyun sat up in his seat
"This weekend? N-nothing but I-" Joonmyun tried to worm his way out of going out, but Baekhyun was not going to have any of it.

"Oh no mister! You've wormed your way out of too many of these! Do you know how long it's been since we all went out like this and you actually tagged along?" he asked, Joonmyun falling silent, not being able to remember in order to answer his question.

"There you go! You are coming out with us whether you freely choose to or we drag you out"
"But Baekhyun I really can't I-" and Joonmyun was about to tell him he had to look after Jongin. Remembering that Chanyeol was the only person out of his friends who knew of Jongin, he quickly shut his mouth before anything else could be said.

"Please Joonmyun. You're always cooped up inside and we rarely miss you. We all miss you, even Sehun! So please just come out... even if it's for one tiny drnk" Baekhyun begged and Joonmyun sat there contemplating his answer before he gave up and finally agreed to go out, wincing when he heard his friend squeal down the phone.

"Thank you Joonmyun you saint! I promise I will buy you as many drinks as you wish!" he exclaimed and whilst that was all well and said, what the heck was Joonmyun going to do with Jongin? He couldn't exactly dump him on his parents at the last minute, it would be unfair on the both of them. Going through his phone contact, Joonmyun was able to quickly eliminate potential candidates who would be able to take care of his son. Finally settling on a contact, Joonmyun thought it wouldn't hurt to at least try them.

 

 

"1, 2, 3" Jongin muttered to himself, going over the steps he had been taught earlier on in the day. Repeating his words, he kept on practicing the same move he had been struggling with until he had perfected it. When he turned and saw his dad watching him from the doorway, he jumped and let out a little squeal.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" he exclaimed, stomping his foot on the floor and letting out a little huff
"You're good" Joonmyun complimented, smiling when he saw a faint blush grace his son's cheeks.

"I'm not that good" Jongin muttered, embarrassed by his dad's compliment as Joonmyun lifted him up and sat on Jongin's bed, placing his son on his lap
"So I just got off the phone with someone" he began, flattening down Jongin's hair where it stuck up, making a mental note that his son would have to get his haircut soon.

"How does a sleepover at Kyungsoo's over the weekend sound?" he asked
"Really?" Jongin asked, eyes widening and when he saw his dad nod his head, jumped off of his lap and started jumping about, cheering. When that was finished with, he ran over to his wardrobe, muttering to himself how he was going to show Kyungsoo all of his Pororo DVD's and wear his new Rilakkuma pyjama's Joonmyun had bought for him a few days ago... even though he wasn't going over to Kyungsoo's for another two days!

Joonmyun didn't mind. He quite enjoyed seeing Jongin like this and just left him be.


Yeah... Joonmyun kid of revealed his uality to Jongdae without even meaning to in the first place... idiot. If it wasn't for the constant interruption of children, then the two of them could just interract more no problem... if only it was that easy...

I think you'll enjoy the next chapter, like a lot! That's all I'm giving away though.

Until then!