Time

Trying

Joonmyun wanted to meet Jongdae's family sooner rather than later. However with Jongin's mum demanding to see her son at least once that month, his time was spent trying to organise a day whereby Jongin could go see his mum but Joonmyun had to be there with him because that was what Jongin wanted. 

"How did it go?" Jongdae asked that evening as he and Joonmyun began setting the table up for dinner. Since arriving home from the visit Jongin had shut himself in his room, refusing to come out and refusing to speak to Joonmyun or Jongdae when they wanted to hear from him. 

"He hated it. Throughout the whole visit he was quiet and hardly said anything to her. I told him in the car he had to do it because she's his mum but he was just so uncomfortable... I think he's mad at me for making him go" Joonmyun explained, sighing and shaking his head. 

"Give the boy time. He's probably still scared of her because of how she was before she brought him to you" Jongdae pointed out 
"I know and that got me thinking. Technically, his mum still has full responsibility and custody rights over him. Given the situation and the fact that Jongin just doesn't want to be with her, I want to change it however I dont think I'll do it yet I-" but Joonmyun stopped himself short of his sentence when he heard the door to Jongin's bedroom open and the pattering of feet with Jongin eventually joining them in the kitchen. 

"Do we have any Fruit Juice's left?" he asked quietly as Joonmyun looked in the fridge and handed him the last one 
"Did you have a good time out today Jongin?" Jongdae asked as Jongin sipped his drink and nodded his head before making a face 
"But mummy was being nice, too nice. I only think she did it to try and make me like her again" he replied and turned around to make his way to the living room until dinner was ready. 

"Give it time" Jongdae said when he heard Joonmyun sigh before getting him back to preparing dinner. Maybe he was right, maybe all Jongin needed was time to get use to everything that was happenining. Yeah, that was it. 

 

 

By the time they had actually gotten around to meeting Jongdae's parents, Jongin had cheered up significantly. He wasn't so nervous about meeting Jongdae's family because he was told that Hyomi was going to be there and it gave him somebody to play with whilst the grown ups were busy chatting. 

"Will there be lots of people there?" Jongin asked from the back 
"Well I asked my parents to make it just them, my brother and his wife and Hyomi" Jongdae replied as Jongin nodded his head. 

"Good. I don't want everybody to be there and have them react like daddy's family did" he said, the hint of a pout gracing his face as Jongdae frowned and turned to Joonmyun, looking for an explanation 
"It didn't exactly go well, let's just say that" he offered 
"He ended up shouting!" Jongin added and Jongdae spent the rest of the journey contemplating what could have happened to make Joonmyun shout like he had done.

 

 

Arriving at his parent's house, Jongdae had bounded on ahead with Jongin next to him. Joonmyun hung back a few steps, this being the first time he was going to meet a significant others parents, and wanted to have the safety of being able to run back to the car if he chickened out and being able to outrun Jogin and Jongdae if they tried to drag him back. 

"Wouldn't it be best to knock?" Joonmyun asked as Jongdae opened the front door without a second thought 
"Nah, mum did say to just come straight in" he replied and with that the three of them walked into the house. 

Expecting it to just be his parents, Jongdae got just a big of a shock as the other two when they walked into the living room to find half of Jongdae's family scattered around the place. With a shout of 'Jongdae's here!' they descended onto the three of them; greeting Jongdae, wanting to get a good look at Joonmyun and trying to meet Jongin who had promptly hidden himself behind Jongdae and gripped onto him for dear life in fear he was going to be swept away in the sea of people. 

"Woah! Back up!" Jongdae shouted over everybody, beginning to shoo them away 
"Oh come on Jongdae! We're just excited because we really want to meet your boyfriend and his son" his aunt whined as Jongdae sighed and shook his head. 

"I know you're excited but we've just gotten through the door. I would appreciate it if you gave us some breathing space, not get up in Jongin's face like that and nan please stop pinching Joonmyun's cheeks like that" 

Hearing the commotion from the kitchen, Jongdae's mum had come running into the living room. Instead of greeting her son, her eyes landed on Joonmyun and straight away she went running over to him. 

"You must be Joonmyun! Oh Jongdae has told us so much about you but it's so nice to finally meet you in person!" she exclaimed, bringing him in for a hug before finally doing the same to her son 
"And you must be Jongin!" she said as Jongin backed away from her and went to hide behind his dad. 

"He's a bit shy around new people" Joonmyun explained as Jongdae momentarily pulled his mum to the side 
"I thought you said they would be meeting you, dad and Jongdeok's family?" he asked, his mum waving the question away with her hand.

"Well we never see the family like this anymore so I thought why not?" 
"And you didn't bother to tell me about it?" Jongdae asked 
"That would have just ruined the surprise" she replied before walking back over to the kitchen. 

This time when members of Jongdae's family wanted to chat with Joonmyun, they did so in a fashion completely opposite to what they had done previously. Jongdae had managed to coax Jongin out from behind his dad to go play with his niece and some of the other children that were present. 

"Though a little hectic before, your family seems nice" Joonmyun commented when the two of them had a moment to themselves 
"You have no idea. This is just the start of it all" Jongdae replied as his dad entered the room and comments were beginning to be thrown towards him about Jongdae's boyfriend finally arriving. 

Oh this was going to be a long day... 


And I shall leave it there for now, ready to continue into the next chapter! 

I think you'll like the next chapter. Hint? Extra fluffy for your taste! 

Until then!!