Birthday buddies

Trying

Jongin never really took notice of how adults around him would always stare at him whenever he arrived at the nursery with Jongdae instead of his dad. In fact he didn't really have a clue as to what was going on most of the time, let alone how people felt with his dad dating his teacher! He had more pressing concerns to deal with; whether the Pororo episode being shown today was a repeat, what to have for Christmas when his birthday only 11 days later and whether Kyungsoo was always up to play the bad guy or whether he wanted to be the good guy for once, for example. 

"Why am I always the bad guy?" Kyungsoo asked one morning 
"Only because you play the bad guy so well! I'm rubbish when it comes to being the bad guy" Jongin explained, trying to hand Kyungsoo the action figure of their latest hero and villain game they had recently started to play, however he was refusing to take it.

"I want to be the good guy for once!" he exclaimed, reaching for the other figure however Jongin had pulled it out of his reach
"But this is mine! I already said I was going to be the good guy" he whined watching as Kyungsoo's eyes became watery, letting out a huff and turning his back on Jongin, arms crossed. 

"Fine! I don't want to play then and you cant talk to me"

Well, this was indeed a very bad situation for Jongin. Kyungsoo was the only real friend he had in the nursery, if he wasn't going to play, let alone talk, with him who else was he suppose to play with? All the other kids had already started their own games so it would be impossible for Jongin to join in or get the others to come play with him.

"We can both be the heroes" he said quietly, putting the villain action figure down and picking up the second hero figure "And both of us can play the bad guy" to which Kyungsoo turned around and eyed him for a moment to see if he was being serious. Slowly he reached out and took the figure from Jongin before finally agreeing that he would play and talk to Jongin again only if they both played the bad guy of course. 

 

 

"I'm getting these for my birthday!" Kyungsoo exclaimed before pouting slightly "It's only because I forgot to put them on my Christmas list though"
"When's your birthday?" Jongin asked 
"12th January" to which Jongin's eyes widened and he started to lightly hit Kyungsoo on the arm. 

"You're only two days older! Mine is on the 14th January!" he exclaimed and the two stared at each other for a brief moment in amazement
"Birthday buddies!" they both squealed before high fiving each other. 

"We need to have a birthday party together!" Kyungsoo exclaimed
"With a huge chocolate cake just for the two of us to eat" Jongin added as Kyungsoo made a face and shook his head 
"Make it half chocolate half jam I don't like chocolate that much" he pointed out and the two of them continued like this for most of the day, maybe even more excited of the prospect of sharing a party together than they were of Christmas fast approaching! 

 

 

"Oh please Jongdae! We really want this!" 
"I know you do Jongin, but you'll have to see what your dad says" 

Arriving home from work, Joonmyun was greeted to the sight of Jongdae wondering around the kitchen looking for something, Jongin trailing behind with his hands clasped together begging him for something Joonmyun wasn't quite so sure as to what it was at current. 

"You know he's either going to say no or wait and see, even then he probably mean no!" Jongin whined 
"So you think I'm an easier target to agree with you? Thanks!" Jongdae replied, checking a cupboard before sighing "Where does that man keep his saucepans? I swear one minute it's in one place and the next it's another". 

"Is this what you're looking for?" Joonmyun asked, the sound of his voice making the other two jump, spinning around to find him stood there holding the saucepan Jongdae had been looking for. 

"When did you get home?" Jongdae asked, taking it away from him 
"Only a few seconds ago. Now what's this Jongin keeps asking you about?" Joonmyun replied as Jongdae looked towards Jongin, who had hid himself away in the corner and therefore proceeded to tell Joonmyun himself. 

"He and Kyungsoo christened themselves birthday buddies today and since then he's been begging me to let the two of them have a joint birthday party in January. I don't even see why he's asking me, I'm not his legal guardian!"  
"Maybe because you're an easier target to get to agree with him?" Joonmyun asked, smiling when Jongdae had realised he was using his own words against him. 

"You and Kyungsoo have the same birthday?" Joonmyun asked, this time turning his attention to Jongin who had emmerged from his hiding place and slowly shook his head 
"His birthday is two days before mine. We just thought of having a party together so we could have a huge cake to ourselves that was half chocolate and half jam because Kyungsoo doesn't like chocolate" Jongin replied, only remembering to breathe by the end of his sentence, his words making Joonmyun laugh out of astonishment for the boy. 

"I think you should be concentrating on Christmas and what you would like before you even think about your birthday" he pointed out 
"But I already know what I want" Jongin muttered 
"Oh really? And what's that?"
"A dog! Another kid at the nursery has one and every morning he and his mummy bring it to school and it always jumps up and down and lets you play with it" Jongin explained excitedly. 

"A dog?" Joonmyun asked 
"Yeah! I promise to look after it and feed it an take it out for walks a-"
"Jongin, calm down!" Joonmyun interrupted with a laugh "I think for now you're a bit too young for a pet. Maybe when you're older". 

"Well what else am I suppose to have?" Jongin asked 
"That's what making up a list is useful for" Joonmyun replied as Jongin let out a long sigh and slumped forward.

"Okay" he began before biting his lip and dropping his gaze to the floor "And what about mine and Kyungsoo's birthday party?"
"Wait and see" Joonmyun replied, ruffling his hair as he turned to Jongdae 
"See! I said he would say it!" before letting out a huff and returned to the living room where the television was waiting to greet him, leaving a very stunned Joonmyun and a Jongdae who could not stop laughing at the boy's choice of words. 


And a chapter for Kaisoo because dammit they are too cute of side characters to just leave out like this! 

Also! I'm enivisioning that this could be ending soon. However if it does, I have a whole load of bonus chapters to add in which I couldn't add to the story as a whole because it would not have gone with the plot or flow. You get me? How does that sound? The story isn't ending yet, but will be soon, that's what I'm trying to say. 

Until the next chapter!